The Only Have

The 3 Haves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I let out a tiny gasp as I walked in the living room, it was weird seeing all three of them together, not trying to kill the other or shout curses out like it was nothing. They were laughing heartily, sipping on their drinks and talking so nonchalantly, as if they didn’t use to hate each other’s guts and have been friends for years. I think I’ll never really get used to a sight like this but it was nice and refreshing nonetheless.

 

It always made me happy and proud of the three idiots. I smiled to myself as I quietly made my way to the kitchen, hoping that I don’t disturb their very lively conversation. Half way there, they finally noticed my presence and took turns greeting me. I turned to them, greeting them right back and returning the bright smiles they flashed at me. My eyes met theirs one by one. Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol.

 

I in a calm breath, my eyes seemingly looking at one particular pair longer than the other two. Smiling, I bowed my head to excuse myself. Again, I was heading into the kitchen when one of them called for me, asking me to sit down with them for a while and have some drinks. I turned to my fiancé with a cluck of my tongue. I crossed my arms at him and narrowed my eyes but I still walked towards him anyway.

 

Time seemed to fly right by really. It was fleeting and almost incomprehensible. I was barely dating the guy just a few months ago but considering how we treat each other, how much we cared and loved each other, it was sort of an unspoken confirmation of the relationship we had.

 

I went through the last few months of college with him supporting me mentally and emotionally, I graduated with him standing up to his feet to cheer for me along with my parents who loves him just as much as I do and when I got accepted into my father’s company without his help, he and my father threw a congratulatory party for me. A congratulatory party that eventually turned into my engagement party.

 

Tears stung my eyes almost immediately at the ring so randomly presented to me after dinner. People in the party cheered and whooped but none of them seemed to be as surprised as I was. My father was grinning from ear to ear, holding his thumbs up. My mother was tearing happily as she clapped her hands and Yebin and her boyfriend were cheering my man on. They knew I suppose. They knew and they approved.

 

My watery eyes stopped staring at them and finally landed back on his. I was fanning my face and gulping down all my nerves as he seemed to keep pushing the ring towards me, though shakily. He was smiling so, so brightly but I can see in his eyes that he too was just as nervous as I was, or probably even more.

 

By the time my tears were welling up too much that they had fallen, I heard him take a deep breath. He was going to say those four words that caused such nerves to strike up so high and get down on one knee but my hand was quicker than his mouth. It was held right in front of his face to stop him from making a single sound. His eyes were glistening with unshed tears by then.

 

“W-Wait! I– Are you… A-Are you sure about this? M-Me? Y-Your wife? I–” I in a breath to try and compose myself. A lot of things were rushing through my mind. We haven’t dated long. I’m still young. I don’t know how to be a wife! More, there were so much more. I had so many fears and doubts but above all of that, I’m just very overwhelmed with the thought of spending my entire life with this man.

 

I honestly didn’t mind. Ever since I became his, I couldn’t imagine myself without him anymore. I don’t think I can live a life without him in it. I loved him so, so much but is he sure about this? Marriage is something very serious and quite terrifying. Wouldn’t he get tired of me? Or realize late that it was a mistake marrying me? What if I can’t be a good wife to him? What if we end up like parents?

 

I was drowning in my thoughts that I had forgotten he was in front of me, now crying in joy with everyone still staring at us. “Baby,” he said with a finalization in his voice and a small, endearing sniffle. “I’m sure. I’ve never been this sure in my entire life and I understand you have your uncertainties. You may even think I’m rushing this.”

 

He took another deep breath and stepped closer, his hand squeezing down on mine, his eyes looking straight into my own, searching, honest and convincing. “M-Maybe I am? But I just… can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you, to wake up to a pretty face like yours in the morning, to go home to your warm embrace and sweet kisses, I-I can’t wait…”

 

I held my breath and he shook his head, tears trickling down his cheek and a smile appearing on his face. “And not just that. I can’t wait to hear your words of comfort and encouragement when I think I’m done and can’t go on. I can’t wait to cry on your shoulder when I’m just too stressed and frustrated, when I’m angry and one touch from you can calm me down, when I can share to you my secrets, everything.”

 

I was crying so much harder by this time, my hands on his wet cheeks and my thumbs trying to wipe his tears away. I was chuckling as he said this, my heart doing things I never knew it could do. “And I can’t wait to do the exact same things for you, baby…” His eyes closed, his head leaning slightly on one of my palms.

 

Right then and there, my worries and fears were washed away by the love I felt for this man before me, looking so vulnerable and sincere. There was no way I would turn him down, no way. I would never in the first place but when the negativities attacked, I almost thought I would. “S-So, will you marry me?”

 

His pupils shook in fear as he opened his eyes. I had finally let go of his face to wipe my own tears that were still falling down my face and smiled, slipping my finger into the ring he held and quickly wrapping my arms around his neck. “Yes, baby. Yes!!!”

 

His arms circled around my small frame almost instantly, his face buried into my shoulder. He was crying even harder now but I can feel his smile on my skin. We held each other tightly, swaying, crying and laughing at the same time as everyone in the room cheered and clapped loudly.

 

Three months later, I still feel my eyes watering at the mere thought of how beautiful and heart fluttering that moment was. “Sweetie? My lap’s waiting for you. Come here,” he cooed, motioning for me to come to him with his hand. I snapped out of my reverie then, blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall. A smile broke through my face and I walked my way to him on the couch.

 

I had almost missed the groaning one of the boys did at how even the way we looked at each other was too affectionate and apparently too uncomfortable and gross. I chuckled softly and made myself comfortable on my soon-to-be husband’s lap. His lips immediately landed on my shoulder for a soft kiss and I swung my arm over his head, resting it on his shoulders, also giving him a kiss on the side of his head.

 

I heard a sigh at my side, followed by a “I think this ends guy time, huh? C’mon let’s leave.” My fiancé laughed and shook his head as his now “best friends” stood up, one of them very eager to leave and the other just laughing along. “Sorry, you guys. He’s just very single and very jea–” the boy heard his name being called out in a very threatening tone so he pressed his lips together and just waved goodbye.

 

We both watched as they left and closed the door behind them. I stared at his side profile as he shook his head a little, smiling to himself. “It feels so nice not having to fight my way to have you anymore,” he said softly, his hand smoothing down my thigh as he turned to look at me.

 

“No matter how much I hated those two idiots back then, I can’t help but be grateful that they’re my best friends now.” A small smile tugged on my lips as I caressed his smooth cheek with the back of my fingers. My heart just seemed to swell when he called the other two his best friends. I guess it just felt nice that I didn’t have to give up anyone of them just so I could be happy.

 

Although I only ended up with one of them, at least I still have the other two as friends, right? And the fighting finally stopped, replaced with drinking out together and quite a lot of football games watched together as well. I sighed in content, hearing an exact same sigh escape my man’s lips too. The two of us looked at each other in surprise when it happened, blinking and laughing it off.

 

I gave him a light peck on the lips, patted his chest and got up to cook us both dinner. I had finally made it into the kitchen this time, tying my hair up in a loose bun so it won’t bother me when I prepare the ingredients. My fiancé followed me in like a puppy, his hands automatically circling my waist and lips eagerly dropping kisses on the exposed skin of my neck.

 

“So how was work?” he casually asked, taking out the knife and cutting board as I reach into the fridge for the vegetables. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at that. Three months in the company and I haven’t really done a lot of “work.” It makes me feel so useless, putting all the knowledge I acquired in college to such a waste.

 

“I don’t think sitting around stapling papers together and taking them out is what you’d call work,” I grumbled as I washed the vegetables. He laughed, watching me work on dinner. “Your father won’t make you work, huh?” he mockingly said with slight tilt of his head, his arms crossing over his chest as he leaned his hip against the counter.

 

“Not exactly… It’s his people. There was a rumor going around that I’m working in the company to immerse myself before I take over. It’s crazy.” I clucked my tongue at the stupid rumor, setting aside the chopped ingredients and dropping the knife and cutting board into the sink. I turned around to go to the stove but he blocked my way.

 

He had a mischievous smirk plastered on his face, his crossed arms uncrossing and snaking around my waist. He pulled me closer to him. “Well, it seems like my baby did a lot of work today. You must be tired,” he said in a teasing voice, his hands now wandering around my body. I narrowed my eyes at him and called his name out in a warning. He only chuckled.

 

“Why don’t I give you a massage? Hm?” As if his hands weren’t suspicious enough, the smirk on his face seemed to grow deeper and so did the narrow of my eyes. He stared back, unfazed. His are orbs clouded and dark, his teeth clamping down in his bottom lip. “Just a massage?” I said with a raise of my eyebrow.

 

He leaned over this time, pressing his body onto mind, his deep chuckle in my ear sending shivers down my spine. He started to pepper the side of my face with little kisses, dropping down lower to my neck then back up, nearing your ear. “Maybe,” he whispered, low and husky.

 

Before I can nag him or push him away, his lips have already caught mine. The surprised moan that escaped my lips could not be helped. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew how much he can affect me. Almost instantly, my knees weaken, so weak so that he had to carry me up and set me on the kitchen island or they’ll give. He continued to kiss me and drive me insane, slowly pushing me to lay on the kitchen island.

 

 

Your fiancé was in a very bad mood when he came home early from work. His brows were in a tight irritated knit, his eyes in a glare. You walked up to him with a calm smile on your lips, taking his bag and blazer from him and kissing his cheek. The little kiss made his brows unfurrow, his unfocused eyes finally looking at you. You chuckled.

 

“Bad day a work again, huh?” you said with a winkle of your nose as you set his stuff aside. He rolled his eyes and groaned, making you chuckle again as you get back to him to help him with his tie. Once he opened his mouth, he ranted about how ty his company is getting and how stressed he is over the poor way they handle their employees with the words, freedom, rights and even the labor code almost always mentioned.

 

It was a rant you were all too familiar with because his company had just been treating him really badly these past couple months. You’ve suggested that he just quit and move over to your dad’s company but he’d always refuse, joking that he won’t be able to work in a place with someone as distracting as you in it.

 

You eventually gave up convincing him and soon discovered that he would always feel better after he ranted to his heart’s content. A long hot shower usually worked too so as he finished his piece, you nodded your head understandingly and lead him into your room. You tossed his tie into the dirty clothes bin and popped about three buttons of his dress shirt.

 

You looked up at him and smiled, cupping his face with both your hands and smoothing his cheeks with your thumb. He seemed a lot calmer now as he closed his eyes. He kissed the inside of your wrist and sighed. “I don’t understand why you think you can’t be a good wife,” he murmured with a chuckle, opening his eyes and staring right into yours. His brows were in a furrow again but this was because of confusion now.

 

“You’re perfect. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” He’s always so honest when he says things like this that you almost hate it. It makes your heart do crazy backflips and sets your cheeks ablaze but you’re standing in front of him, pressing your lips together and rolling your eyes playfully to seem a lot less affected then you actually are.

 

He could probably see right through you though, which would explain him always chuckling when you do this and pinch your cheek or nose. “Okay, you’ve done your rant so now it’s time for a long hot shower!” You quickly interrupt to take the attention away from you and your probably red face right now.

 

Your man raised his eyebrow, amused. “Routine, huh?” You quickly nod at that, turning him to face the bathroom door and giving his a little tap to get him going. You expected him to laugh and walk in the bathroom shaking his head but he turned around a little too quickly and pulled you close by the waist. “Let’s shower together to save time.”

 

Your eyes narrowed into slits almost immediately. “Yah! I’m not some teen with raging hormones. I can control myself!” You laughed at his offended looking face and slapped his chest lightly, lacing your fingers through his and walking into the bathroom with him. You hummed.

 

“Sure you can,” you said teasingly as you left him by the door and started to take your clothes off. He looked away as if to prove something but still ended up glancing at your form. You shook for head at him fondly, stepping into the shower stall and waiting for him to undress and get in with you.

 

Nothing really happened. You both just literally showered together, scrubbing each other’s backs, him rinsing your shampoo off your head and you playing with his hair, making different ridiculous hairstyles. You stepped out a moment later and took turns drying each other. Afterwards, you walk into your room again.

 

The two of you are home earlier than usual today so you could both prepare for the company ball happening tonight. Your father is stepping down, handing the company over to someone you still have no idea about. Your best guess is Junmyeon though, your cousin who just got back from abroad.

 

The two of you talk about this matter as you do your makeup, him picking out what suit to wear. Junmyeon and your fiancé are very close and the reason for this isn’t because he’s your cousin but because he is his ex’s husband. Yup, remember how you once thought that the world is small and fate has a crazy way of stringing people together?

 

You still believe so and it creeps you out sometimes how things are so connected like this. As you did your mascara, you asked your fiancé how his ex is doing, faking the jealousy to . You couldn’t trick him though so he went along with your teasing and even said he missed her so much. You were a tiny bit jealous for real now, shutting your mouth and concentrating on getting your makeup done instead.

 

He chuckled at that, walking over to where you are in front of your vanity mirror. He was already looking exquisite in his perfectly tailored suit and styled up hair while you were still in your bathrobe and underwear. He watched you finish off your makeup with some lipstick and dropped kisses on your shoulder.

 

The light kisses trailed up to your neck, then your ear.  As he pressed his lips on your earlobe, he whispered a very sweet, “I love you” in your ear that had you rolling your eyes because already, you’re feeling much better. You pushed your chair out, wrinkling your nose at him because he knows you too well and you just can’t seem to stay mad at the guy for too long.

 

You guess it’s because you know he loves you more than anything and he always reassures you of his feelings for you too. As you stand up to get dressed, he kissed you on the lips real quick. “You know I was just joking, right?” You nodded your head, smiling sincerely before walking away to change.

 

Admittedly, you’re not quite sure of the gown you got for tonight’s ball. You didn’t really check much whether the design was to your liking or if it was even your style, as long as it fit, you got it. This is what you get for rushing. You sighed, pursing your lips together as you hold the gown up. You eye it for about a minute and just decided to put it on. It didn’t probably matter as much. It wasn’t your party or anything anyway.

 

As you changed, shimmied yourself into the body fitting gown that opens up at your knees and inspected yourself on the full-length mirror in your room, your man’s eyes are glued to you. They rake over your body, following the shape of your curves, staring at your neckline and striking looking collar bones. He was drinking in the beauty of you, sighing in content and even smiling at you through the mirror.

 

But you were preoccupied with the gown, your makeup and your hair that you completely forgot about to notice. You rolled your eyes at your own reflection, deciding to just leave your hair as is and probably get going or you’ll be late. As you turned around, you’re met with your man’s sparkling, dancing eyes. He seemed awestruck now that you’re fully facing him. He blinked slowly, a tiny smile tugging on his lip.

 

To say he loves how beautiful you look in your gown is an understatement. He can’t even begin to describe or even comprehend how much he liked it on you and he’s giving you such a knee weakening stare that your heart jumped up to your throat. You swallowed, becoming bashful under his loving gaze. “What?” you said apprehensively, tucking your hair behind your ear and your eyes wide.

 

He let out an exhale and then smiled a meaningful smile as he walked towards you. “You… You’re just so beautiful, I can’t breathe…” You uttered his name, instantly feeling the blush creeping on your already rosy cheeks. He chuckled, cupping your cheek and rubbing circles on the red tint on them.

 

“If you look this beautiful for a mere ball, then I can’t imagine how even more breath-taking you’ll be at our wedding. Tell me, will I die then and see an angel?” he so smoothly said and although about a million butterflies seemed to have broken lose in your stomach, you still glared at him in warning. He chuckled again and pressed a tender kiss on your forehead.

 

His hand on your cheek disappeared and you suddenly feel his hands rubbing your sides. He looked down at you with the faintest of smirks as he began to snake his arms around your waist all of a sudden and whispered, “I think we should go, before I trap you in here and do things–” You smacked his arm for that and he yelped, pouting at you as he semi-yelled, “I’m kidding!”

 

 

Your man keeps making you blush even as you walk into the ballroom because of the little compliments he whispered into your ear. You kept elbowing him and smacking his chest but obviously that won’t ever make him stop. He only smiled and you rolled your eyes. You are both greeted by employees in the company and you both greet back.

 

You looked around for your father but you saw that he was flocked by other people and decided that you’ll probably greet him later on when you can have him to yourself. He definitely knows you’re coming anyway. Your eyes ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter