The 3 Haves: IV

The 3 Haves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

My leg injury is fortunately just a minor one so the doctor told me that I have approximately six to eight weeks to recover. I can’t exactly put weight on it yet until they say so and I’m prescribed to take some painkillers if I feel my leg aching.

 

I knew that I’ll just be staying home for the most part and to be completely honest, I actually liked this little break I’m having. I found it as an opportunity to sort my thoughts out, to refresh, to mediate and of course to stay away the troublesome trio. I really thought that those three idiots would be considerate enough to not bother me and let me heal on my own but of course I was wrong.

 

When my doctor told me that it was finally okay enough to put weight on my leg and start walking, I had to (unfortunately) go back to school and catch up but since my parents don’t want me to actually go to school in a wheelchair or crutches, the school work as to come to me and who else would be willing enough to go out of their way to collect my supposed exercises if it isn’t the trusty Oh Sehun?

 

I felt beyond annoyed. I literally begged my parents to just let me go to school (something I didn’t think I’d ever do) but apparently Sehun has already talked to them and they have all agreed to the arrangement. The boy comes here every day after school to bring me the things I have to work on and would stay to ‘help’ me out.

 

Of course, when my oh-so protective brother Park Chanyeol, knew about it, he felt the need to ‘protect’ me from my ex and also ‘take care’ of me since I do live alone. It’s actually quite pleasant to have him with me since not being able to go around my own house as freely as I used to is making me a little pissy.

 

In all honesty, having him around more often made me miss living together with him. We still click pretty well and he cheers me up whenever I feel frustrated or burdened with my stupid injury. The only thing I’m not so okay with and would make me beyond awkward is when I have to take a shower… I won’t even explain that anymore.

 

Two men I can probably tolerate. They’re both ‘kind’ enough to not fight or argue so I can sort of put up with it but adding up a third one is a whole other level of enduring heavy tension and uncalled for ‘competition’ between them.

 

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Byun Baekhyun. He didn’t show himself, text or call me for the first two weeks of my recovery period and I sense of relief because maybe, just maybe, I can finally get rid of my stupid crush on him but after that, he started come over too. He didn’t come as often as Sehun and Chanyeol did but he still made sure that he sees me at least once every week.

 

We’re not even workmates anymore since my internship was cut short due to the accident so I don’t see why he visits me, bringing food over and other things he thought I may need. He keeps telling me that Nari asked him to bring it over.

 

I didn’t buy it at first, thinking that he could just be making up excuses to come see me but I didn’t want to seem full of myself so I let it pass and believed that Nari did send those to me through him. I also thought that maybe he was concerned over me because well… we are friend, close friends apparently.

 

Tonight though, about week until I can finally take my cast off and be able to walk properly, I felt a mixture of peace and anxiety. None of the boys are here. I felt a little paranoid as I watched the time tick by on the wall clock, like something was coming my way. I had no idea if that something would be a good thing or a bad thing though and that somehow has me anxious. But what am I thinking really? I’m just probably really hungry that my brain has lost a couple of neurons and started to over think things.

 

I waved off my annoying thoughts as I heaved a big sigh and carefully reached over for my crutches. My stomach is growling like a ing beast. I am starving and Chanyeol, my supposed care-taker, isn’t here to feed me. I pouted a little as I pulled myself up. I guess I’d have to make dinner for myself then. Just as I got up to my feet, the door clicked open.

 

“Chanyeol?” I lit up a bit, craning my neck to see if it really was him. Then his freakishly tall figure appeared from around the corner. He had a weak, almost non-existent, smile playing on his lips. “Hi,” he murmured back just before planting a kiss on my forehead. My cheeks flamed at that but I was too distracted to even notice.

 

I frowned at him as I watched him set some shopping bags on the kitchen counter. His body must be burning because I felt his body heat radiating off of him. His voice is hoarse, his eyes are watery and his nose is red. “Chanyeol, are you sick?” I said, moving around the couch so I could follow him into the kitchen.

 

The male shook his head at me and quickly ran over to stop me from walking. “No, no. Sit down! I’ll cook dinner for you.” My frown deepened when he gave me that weak smile again. He gently guided me around the couch and tried to sit me back down but I refused. “You’re sick, aren’t you?” I pressed.

 

He shook his head again but I’m clearly not convinced. He looks awful staring at me with such glassy eyes, his nose so red he almost looks like Rudolf. His put his hot hands on my shoulders and tried to make me sit again but I stared him down until he finally let out a sigh of resignation.

 

“I’m–” He was cut off by own fit of coughing. He covered his mouth and doubled over away from me. Worry was painted on every feature of my face when he started groaning painfully as he stood upright again. He managed to finally push me down on the couch. “Okay, fine. Maybe I am a little sick but it doesn’t matter,” he waved a dismissive hand, sniffling and walking back to the kitchen.

 

“Yes, it does matter! Why’d you still come? You could’ve just rested at home!” Chanyeol stopped in his tracks and whipped around. “I can’t do that! No one would take care of you!” he shouted back, his rough voice making me flinch a little. If he does have a cold then it’s a pretty bad one and I feel so aggravated that he still came here despite that condition. He’s going to get even sicker if he doesn’t rest.

 

“Sehun or Baekhyun would probably come over so–” His eyes narrowed into slits and the words just suddenly stopped flowing out of my mouth. I closed it shut and cleared my throat. “I-I mean, I can take care of myself,” I said instead, though I think it’s too late now. He looks pretty mad already. “That’s another reason why I have to come. I’m not leaving you with any of those bastards.”

 

“Chanyeol, I am perfect capable of–” I was cut off by the doorbell suddenly ringing. I groaned out loud while Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. We were both staring at each other for a while, letting the person on the other side of the door wait and impatiently ring my doorbell over and over again.

 

Annoyed, the tall male heaved a deep sigh and went to open the door. I heard some muffled scolding as Chanyeol came back in, directly going to the kitchen while Sehun followed behind him and scowled at his back. “Why are you here when you’re sick? What if you pass that on to her?” Chanyeol scoffed as he started to empty the shopping bags of its contents. “Is that really why you don’t want me here, Oh Sehun?”

 

The younger male looked up from the folders that he set down on the coffee table in front of me. His jaw dropped, completely offended with what Chanyeol had uttered. “Will you stop acting like a ? I’m only thinking of what’s best for your sister.” I didn’t miss the emphasis he put on the word ‘sister’ and I’m sure Chanyeol didn’t either. I can see Chanyeol’s fists shaking in anger, his watery eyes are blazing and his jaw is clenched. Before this would break out into a fight, I quickly told them to stop it.

 

Sehun didn’t look like he wanted to stop though. He merely turned to Chanyeol again with his arms crossed over his chest. “I swear if the two of you start fighting then you’re banned from my apartment!” I blurted before Sehun could even spit out his words. They still ignored me. Sehun’s brows are in a angry knit and Chanyeol started to move from his spot behind the counter. “I’ll have Baekhyun help and take care of me instead!” This was my last attempt and if this doesn’t work then I don’t know what will.

 

There was a blanket of silence over us, a sudden stillness. Sehun gritted his teeth, his glaring eyes finally looking away while Chanyeol looked down and start slamming his ingredients around. There. That did it! I exhaled loudly and pulled Sehun down to sit next to me on the couch.

 

Chanyeol stuck to preparing dinner as Sehun did his job and started to explain to me what I have to do. The apartment had that tension lingering in the air again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter