The 3 Haves: XII

The 3 Haves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun smiled at his phone after reading your text, locking it with a soft exhale. He shoved the device into his pocket and leaned against his car, hands in his pockets as he waited for you. Baekhyun looked here and there, craning his neck to see if you were coming yet. In the distance, to his right, he heard your loud laughter tinkling in the air.

 

You were laughing along with someone but Baekhyun didn’t even notice because all he could see was you, your wide smile, your hair swaying in the wind, how you throw your head back with laughter and your mouth moving as you speak. Your eyes seem to roam for a second before they finally land on the pair you’ve been looking for.

 

A smile automatically took over your face at the sight of him and he grinned back at you, waving excitedly. You chuckle at that, waving back with as much excitement. Your steps quicken now that you’ve seen him, Baekhyun’s eyes glued to yours until you were right in front of him.

 

You too have been staring and smiling at him like an idiot, but as you look up at Sehun, thanking him for walking you all the way there, only then did Baekhyun’s eyes leave yours and land on Sehun’s. As the silence took over, your eyes dart between the two males.

 

Before, them meeting each other like this wouldn’t be such a good thing. They wouldn’t have stared at each other like this but instead glared at the other threateningly. Now though, it was different. After a split second of their eyes meeting, they exchanged bows of acknowledgement, smiling rather amiably at each other. They both turned to you then, eyes equally as soft and affectionate as the other.

 

A warm smile started to spread on your lips. You were feeling proud for some reason. You were happy that these crazy boys are finally okay with each other and not trying to rip the other’s head off. It was refreshing to watch and really heart-warming.

 

Sehun patted your head affectionately and gently pulled you in for a hug as a goodbye. You giggled, hugging him back and squeezing him a little tightly before pulling away. He smiled down at you adoringly one last time before looking back at Baekhyun. “Take care of her!” he said, reaching over to pat his shoulder. Baekhyun nodded his head reassuringly and murmured, “Always” as he looked at you.

 

Sehun quickly returned a nod and waved a final goodbye. The two of you watched as he started to walk away backwards. He turned around then, disappearing into the mob of students exiting the school grounds. Baekhyun then turned you and you did the same. “Dinner?” the both of you say almost simultaneously. You blinked at each other then started laughing with Baekhyun quickly opening the car door for you.

 

 

I have just finished eating lunch with Baekhyun when my sister called me. It was exciting receiving a call for her after quite a while. After what happened with our dad and step-mother, we’ve both drowned ourselves in studies to forget about the hurt. Of course, we both have our own problems to deal with too and didn’t really get to see each other anymore because of such.

 

“It’s a miracle! She finally called,” I joked the moment I picked her call up. Yebin scoffed on the other line. “Screw you! You’re the older one. Shouldn’t you be the one checking up on your baby sister?” I can already imagine her pouting and glaring into nothing as she said this and it made me chuckle. I sighed, feeling like a horrible sister because it’s true. I should’ve at least checked up on her and made sure that she was coping.

 

“I’m sorry, Yebin. I was just…” Another sigh escaped my lips. “I know, I know! It’s alright. I’m not an emotional mess like you are anyway so I’m good.” I didn’t get to retort when she continued right away saying, “Anyway, can you come over?” A smile creeped on my lips. “Sure!” I chirped, nodding and quickly hanging up. 

 

I was so excited to see the little idiot again that I made it to her place in record time. I punched in her door code and silently slipped in to surprise her. I could hear her loud voice all the way from the entrance hall, making me shake my head. I missed her and that crazy loud voice of her. I maintained my silent steps as I turned the corner into her living room. My brows furrowed all of a sudden though.

 

I heard another voice. It belonged to a male and a very familiar one at that. I was already in the living room then, my eyes on my feet that were now stuck in place. The voices died down gradually just as my eyes moved up. They widened at the sight of Oh Sehun, sitting across my sister on the kitchen island, having what I think is a cup of tea.

 

He stared right back but unlike me, he didn’t look the least bit surprised to see me. It’s not like I haven’t seen him in a long time. We share some classes together so not seeing him would be impossible but after the day he left me, we made sure to always stay out of each other’s way, pretending as though the other never existed.

 

At first, I despised it. I’d find myself clenching my teeth because how I felt at that moment was probably how I’ve been making him feel whenever I ignored and avoided him as well. It went on for days, maybe even weeks. I don’t even remember anymore.

 

But I soon started to get used to it anyway. Seeing him now though, here at my sister’s apartment, suddenly reminded me of just how far apart we’ve grown from one another, and with my sister too since I never knew she was close enough to the guy to invite him over.

 

The silence and us just staring at each other seemed to drag on forever but Yebin suddenly stood up, breaking the silence and our eye-contact. “I’ll be in my room! Just call me out when you’re done,” she suddenly said. My eyes widened again and my stomach lurched, suddenly having anxiousness boiling in my veins. I sent her a look but she avoided my gaze and practically jumped off her seat, scurrying away.

 

I watched her close her door with a hopeless look on my face. I didn’t know what to do or even say. She really just didn’t leave me alone with Sehun? Did she?  As I sigh and think of what to do with this situation I’m ed into, I suddenly heard Sehun chuckling. “It’s okay. Sit down,” he said in between his chuckles. “I think it’s about time that we talk…”

 

I anxiously bit my lip, keeping my gaze on my sister’s closed door to avoid his eyes but the weight of his stare was just too much to ignore. I turned my head to him and saw him smile at me. It felt weird almost, him actually looking at me and smiling at me as if he didn’t at all hate my entire being at one point in his life.

 

Seeing such a warm smile though had lessened the anxiousness within me and made me finally move from my spot. I took Yebin’s seat from earlier, wrapping my hands around her cup of tea, anything to keep my hands from fidgeting. From the cup, my eyes moved up to look at Sehun. The atmosphere was just awkward all of a sudden, all the more that he was chuckling again and rubbing his neck awkwardly.

 

“I-I honestly don’t even know what to say…” he shyly admitted, making me relax and chuckle as well. I subtly nodded in agreement. There were a few beats of silence afterwards. We were just suddenly staring into each other’s eyes like we craved the sight of them, trying to remind ourselves of how deep and beautifully brown each other’s orbs were.

 

Then I heard Sehun in a breath. “I miss you,” he breathed out gently, slowly as if savoring each word on his tongue. I didn’t hesitate anymore when I answered back, “I miss you too, Sehun.” A soft smile tugged on his lips and he shook his head. “Weird because we see each other every day for our classes together.” I chuckled, looking down at the cup I’m holding on to and swirling the contents around.

 

“Yeah, but we don’t talk or even glance at each other,” I replied with much more comfortable sounding tone. I glanced up at Sehun, hearing excitement in his laughter alone. “I know, right?” he said much more comfortably too. We laughed at this for a few seconds but as it died down, silence creeped up on us again. It wasn’t as awkward as the first though. It was calm, relieving.

 

I searched Sehun’s orbs, finding myself smile the longer I looked. His face mirrored mine. I wanted to apologize for everything I’ve done but for some reason, his tender gaze and genuine smile told me that I’m forgiven, that he is okay and that he’s happy now, like he was at peace with himself. I could only hope that he too could see that I feel the same.

 

I saw his smile stretch wider and I know he does. “Can we start over?” we blurt out at the exact same time. His eyes rounded while I covered my mouth. We burst into laughter right away. “You’re following me!” we said simultaneously again, making us laugh even more. “Okay, okay. So since we’re back to normal now–” Sehun said in between his laughter, leaning forward.

 

“–Can you explain again what the hell Dr. Yoo was talking about? I was itching to talk to you then but I didn’t have the balls to do it yet. I can never understand what he says!” he grumbled, wrinkling his nose. I slowly stopped laughing and rolled my eyes at him playfully. “You never understand what he says because you’re always dozing off in his lectures!” He dropped his jaw and dramatically put a hand on his chest.

 

“No, I don’t! I close my eyes to internalize his words!” I couldn’t help but burst out laughing again, reaching over to flick his forehead. He aggressively rubbed his forehead and hissed even if I was sure that I didn’t hit him too hard. I rolled my eyes at that and he started laughing as well.

 

I watched him laugh with a soft smile, sighing in content and feeling my chest warm up. My heart feels light and, for a long time, I’m feeling genuinely happy. Sehun continued to speak despite still laughing and just like that, I had Sehun back in my life again.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter