The First Have

The 3 Haves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Mr. Byun Baekhyun, the man I want to have.

 

The first time we met each other, I didn’t expect at all that I would somehow fall for him this much and this hard. It was summer that time and I fortunately had a few days of break before I try to get myself an internship. I was on a vacation with my sister in this resort that my uncle owned.

 

Frankly, I didn’t think much of it since my uncle is such a lazy slug who drank more beer than water but surprisingly, his resort was top-notch. I had no idea it would be as luxurious as it is and how the prices were so high only the richest in Korea could probably afford it.

 

I remembered being on my phone, texting my seemingly lost sister with annoyance screwing my facial features. “This place is ing huge! How could she have left me like this?” I grumbled to myself as my thumbs flew across my phone screen in an angry manner, sending text after text.

 

“Ms, watch out!” I heard someone yell. I didn’t know if it was directed to me so I didn’t really pay attention to it but when I spun around, my eyes widened. Children rushed past me and purposefully shoved me aside to make way for themselves. I lost my balance and tripped on my own feet. I fell into the pool and god help me; I didn’t know how to swim.

 

I tried so hard to extend my feet and hopefully reach the tiled floor of the pool but I couldn’t. My arms started to flap like a bird’s wings in an attempt to swim but it did nothing to help me out of my predicament. My pleas for help were muffled and I was screaming in my head, wondering where the the life guard was.

 

Just when I felt my lungs squeeze, almost giving up on me, I felt a pull and I was finally up the surface. I was gasping in as much oxygen as I could and coughed out the gross pool water that invaded my mouth. I didn’t even notice I was clinging onto someone until he tucked his arm under my knees and walked up the steps of the pool.

 

I pushed my wet bangs out of my eyes and mumbled a shy ‘thanks’ while the man set me down on a beach chair. “No problem,” the man had said and I swear I could hear a smile in his voice. I slowly flutter my eyes opened, a soft gasp escaping my lips as my eyes focused on an extremely handsome man combing his slender fingers through his wet hair. Water dripped from his sideburns down to his neck and I found myself gulping when my eyes traveled lower to his firm chest and abs.

 

My first thought was ‘.’ He’s hot as hell and for a moment there, I thought he was a lifeguard but I see another man running to me, apologizing for not being there in time. He turned to my savior and bowed his head in thanks. The man humbly shook his head, smiling. The actual life guard was trying to ask me if I was okay. I quickly dismissed him with an irritated nod of my head. He blushed in embarrassment and left with another apology but I ignored him as I stared at the man who saved me.

 

There was silence between us but I know he’s staying because he knows I have something to say. I bit my lip hard before I attempted to talk. I had no idea what I really wanted to say actually. The dialogue I imagined in my head ranged from what’s your name to will you marry me? And I cringed at the latter. What the ? Did I just think that? Really now? Shaking my head, I looked back up to his bright, shiny eyes and warm smile.

 

“I warned you earlier but you were too busy texting at the speed of light on your phone,” he said, breaking the silence first when he noticed I was struggling. He chuckled and I felt my stomach flip at that low rumble. “Boyfriend, I’m guessing? Did you have a fight with him or something?” It was my turn to chuckle now.

 

“No, actually. I was texting my sister who so brutally left me and didn’t tell me where the she is in this colossal resort.” He chuckled again and rubbed his neck. “Oh, I thought…” he shook his head. “Nevermind, be careful next time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter