Chapter 18: Grandmother

Unexpected Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Preview:

Again. Poor Jennie, had gotten herself hurt again. This time she broke her toe when she was rushing to go to school since she had woken up pretty late. It was a good thing that Taehyung was home. Taehyung brought Jennie to the hospital but since she could not walk properly by herself, so Taehyung picked her up and carried her inside. Jennie was so embarrassed due to his action and that made them quarrel a bit until Jennie finally gave up since she could not really do anything besides being silent and that Taehyung was really persistent and will not change his mind once he had started. In the end, Jennie was shocked to see Taehyung accompanying her during the surgery even when she knew that he had requested her beforehand.

 

 

Taehyung: “Sorry to burden you doctor. Thank you so much for the surgery. You have done a

       great job”

Doctor: “Ah..it’s nothing. It’s just a simple surgery that I would always do to many other patients. Oh and is she really your wife?”

Taehyung: “Um..yes.”

Doctor: “She seems really nice. Do take good care of her.” (pats Taehyung shoulder)

             “I see that you haven’t open up yet Taehyung…”

Taehyung: “O-open up?”

 

The doctor just smiled at Taehyung before walking away. Taehyung seems to have forgotten that the doctor was also the same doctor that operated on his grandmother.

 

[Flashback]

 

Before her grandmother passed away she had been diagnosed with a serious sickness in her stomach which caused her to continuously vomit. She was hospitalised days before her death in hopes to cure her sickness.  The doctor had tried his best in saving her but failed due to her age and other complications that occurred during the surgery. As a doctor, it would always be their job in giving the news either it was bad or good. For Taehyung it meant bad news for him since he had lost his precious “halmony” and that he could never see her again. After breaking the news to the Kim’s family, Taehyung abruptly ran away far away from the hospital and did not come back until it was the last day of his grandmother’s funeral. It was still questionable to the Kim’s as to where Taehyung had gone for the past days but they chose to not ask him anything since the boy was already miserable enough. He cried hysterically in front of his grandmother’s memorial. It broke the parents’ heart to watch him cried like that. Days after the funeral, Taehyung seemed to always come back and forth to the hospital. One day he bumped into the same doctor that had operated his grandmother at the hospital.

 

Doctor: “Hey boy, what are you doing here?”

Taehyung: “…”

Taehyung’s Mother: “Oh doctor. Annaeyonghaseyo.” (then bows down)

Doctor: “Ah nae. What are you guys doing here?”

Taehyung’s Mother: “We’re here since Taehyung needs to see a psychiatrist. Hmm.. ever since his grandmother had passed away, he has stopped talking.”

Doctor: “I see. I’m sorry.” (pats Taehyung’s head)

Taehyung then walks away from the doctor.   

Taehyung’s Mother: “Oh I’ll be leaving now then doctor.”

Doctor: “Ohh and Mrs. Kim. Sorry to interrupt you but do you recall anyone who named  Jennie?”

Taehyung’s Mother: “Oh yes. She’s my son’s closest friend. Poor him. Days after his grandmother died he had received unexpected news that she would be leaving. Since my Taehyung won’t come out of the room, she could not say goodbye to him for one last time. Guess it really hurt him since he won’t be seeing neither his grandmother…nor his best friend. Having to encounter two bad news within a week has really affected him. But may I know, why is it that you asked and how do you know her?”

Doctor: “Well your mother…before she died. She would always tell me things about you son, that she really love her grandson and Jennie. She also considered that Jennie as one of her  own granddaughter and that she really wanted to see her dearest Taehyung and Jennie grow up together. She wished that someday that Jennie would really be one her granddaughter as she has grown fond of her for the past years. She ended it as one of her final wishes.”

Taehyung’s Mother: “I see. Kamsahamida doctor.”

Doctor: “Ohh nothing. I thought that you might need to know that.”

Taehyung’s Mother: “It’s a good thing that you told me.” (bows down and leave)

[End of Flashback]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter