Chapter 16 - Fat

Unexpected Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 16: Fat

 

Preview:

“Believe me….I’ll make you fall back in love with me” said Jennie on their first day back home in Korea. Taehyung seemed to be flustered by Jennie’s brave statement and ended up walking away from her after. Jennie seemed to be very confident that in Taehyung’s eyes and that she could sense that the old Taehyung was still there and that she needs to do her absolute best in getting him back with all her might.

 

 

(1 month later)

 

It has been a month that Taehyung and Jennie would avoid on meeting with each other even at their own home. After the last incident had happened between them, Taehyung would always go out early in the morning and comes back home late at night and sometimes he would even sleeps at his workplace. Taehyung is now working at a well-known music company after he had graduated from college. So, that means it would be easier for him to avoid Jennie as much as he wants to since he will have lesser time being at home.

 

Today, Jennie will be going back to her college. She misses Lee Hi a lot and that it has been a while since Jennie last spoke to her best friend. Lee Hi has been busy with what Jennie does not know since Lee Hi would not tell her anything. Now, Jennie just cannot wait to go back college and tell her about everything that she had been through for the past month and days.

 

Jennie lazily got out of bed and then rushes to prepare for the first day of a new semester at her college. She then walks down to eat some breakfast at the kitchen. She was so hungry that she was planning to have a big breakfast. But as she was walking down the stairs, she found out that Taehyung was also in the kitchen leisurely drinking his coffee. Jennie eyes rounded at his presence and she seems to just be frozen on the stairs and not moving an inch. Her stomach growling seems to get Jennie back to her senses and she forgot the main reason why she was walking down. She clears and it seems to attract Taehyung’s attention towards her. Now, Taehyung was eyeing her from his position.

 

Jennie then walks by Taehyung and at the same time mumble “Morning” slowly before getting herself ready to prepare her breakfast. Jennie was not ready to encounter Taehyung on that morning and it was shown by her awkward movements. Taehyung seems to just ignore Jennie’s presence and continues to drink his coffee. It has been a while since the last time both of them had seen each other after that incident and that was the reason for the awkward atmosphere.

 

“Hmm…have you eaten yet? Do you want something to eat? I could make some more if you want to.” said Jennie. Jennie tries to break the silence but failed when Taehyung would continue on giving her the silent treatment. “Nae…Arasso!” said Jennie an annoyed tone. Jennie was getting angry when Taehyung would ignore her question and continues on drinking his precious coffee as if there was no one else besides him in the kitchen. Jennie endures her anger then continues on preparing her breakfast. After she has finished with her cooking, Jennie sets her breakfast on the table across Taehyung and then sits down to eat. She then takes out her phone to play with while she was eating in order to avoid feeling stuffy with the silent treatment that Taehyung was giving her.

 

Taehyung on the other side was staring at Jennie unknowingly whenever she is busy playing with her phone. He quietly stares at her without saying anything to her. Sometimes Jennie would catch glimpses of him staring but when she looks back at him, he would always look the other way around trying to avoid meeting her eyes. She then brushes it off then continues on focusing on her own breakfast. She is eating it fast so that she could meet her friend Lee Hi. At the same time, she is texting with Lee Hi, telling her that she cannot wait to meet her. After she has finished eating her breakfast she then washes the dishes before getting her bag to leave for college.

 

When Jennie was about to walk out, she feels that someone was pulling her backwards and away from the front door. She was about to look back when the person behind her push her head to look front. “Just stay still. I won’t bite you, at least not today”. She was shocked to hear that Taehyung was the one who pulled her backward.

 

Taehyung: “Done”

Jennie: “What did you do?”

 

The moment when Jennie was looking at her bag, Taehyung was already off to work. To her disbelief, a keychain was hanging from her bag. It was a Shiba Inu keychain that was hanging on her beg. Then a memory has flashed back inside her head. Jennie remembered the time when both of them were in Japan for their honeymoon and when that was when the incident occurred. The incident happened when she was busy playing with a Shiba Inu dog on the street and then suddenly Taehyung came yelling at her. Jennie seems to be confused to Taehyung’s action. She wondered when did he buy the keychain and why did he gave the keychain to her when he was avoiding her the whole time. Jennie then holds the keychain tightly and smiles before heading out to go to her college.

 

 

JENNIE’S POV

(At college)

 

No one in your college knows that you are a married women now except for your best friend and also Taehyung’s friends but still you are nervous if the news may have spread during the semester break and that you had no idea about it. You took a deep breath in before entering your class only to encounter a familiar face in front of the whiteboard and that she seems to be very happy to see you since she was screaming your name out loud in front.

 

LEE HI: “Jennie-yah!” (then run towards Jennie)

JENNIE: “(sobs)…Ya

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter