Lu Han

After 15 Years

 

 

 

~True Friendship Never Dies~

 

"Dude, Yoona is right. You should be a man! You can't expect her to come back to you."

"Yeah! She won't know if you just keep quiet and wait."

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose while shaking my head. I do not expect this answer from them. I thought they will help me but instead, they are nagging me like Yoona.

Currently, I'm in a cafe along with my two best friends or insider that I like to describe them, discussing about how should I get Joohyun back in my life. Kim Minseok and Oh Sehun are my 'detective'. They will search and find out about all secrets or any background of someone. I need them to find out whether some people can be trusted or not. I've been friends with them for a long time and they did a great job to help me.

If I listened to them, maybe I'm still with Joo now. They already warned me and I ended up not listening to them. But then, I asked them to find Joohyun, they couldn't find her. I don't know if they really don't know where she is or they know but they hide it. They did before in the pass. After I got married to Krystal, I just knew the ugly truth.

"Joohyun has gotten prettier. Her husband is so lucky."

My eyes widen after what I hear from Sehun. "What?! She's already married?" I refuse to believe this. My Joo can't get married to anyone else except me! Well, we were married before but I will do everything to marry her again. I would even sell my kidney for that.

"Yes! To me!" Sehun says with a teasing smile.

".........."

"Tsk, I was just joking. I don't know. Maybe she's not married to someone yet." Sehun grumbles in annoyed.

Fuh! Thank goodness. I swear I'm gonna jump off the building if she's married to someone else. I can't accept that.

For now, I need their help. They need to find something about Joohyun like where does she live, and who is she living with. I have to make sure that I get her back no matter what it is. I need to fix my mistake with her. Thinking about the past makes me shiver because I can't handle living alone without Joohyun by my side. The acting with Krystal and Taemin is starting to get on my nerve. I don't want to live in lie anymore. I don't want to suffer anymore. I want my happiness back. Although I'm going to hurt my parents as well. But they hurt me.

 

Flashback

I walked inside the cafe in happiness. I just came back from a date with Krystal; my parents' friend's daughter, in which they wanted me to marry her and I would say that I agreed to marry her. She's a sweet girl. Better than Joohyun.

I saw my two friends; Minseok and Sehun who were sitting while talking something seriously but as soon as he saw me, they immediately stopped and pretended that there's nothing. They looked like they were trying to hide something from me. Well, I'm going to ask them to spill the secret.

As soon as I sat, they were quiet and it was really awkward because they had no expression on their face. "What's wrong?" I asked because it's weird that they suddenly went quiet and awkward right after I came. I wondered if there's anything happened.

"Nothing." Minseok shrugged and grabbed a cup of coffee and took a sip from it.

Even Sehun didn't open his mouth and said anything instead he kept looking at his phone. Then, Minseok took his phone and started looking through while I was here sitting like I wasn't exist to them. Suddenly, they let out a chuckle. Yes, both of them. Why? What happened? Why they didn't want to share it with me? What was so funny? Tell me, guys! And then, they started laughing out loud. I had no idea what's going on with them. It felt like I was a wall in between them.

"Guys! What are you two laughing about?" I had to slam the table a bit to get their attention. They stopped and stared at me but then continued their own thing without talking to me. Obviously I felt furious. "Hey, what's wrong with you two? I just asked a simple question and you guys ignored me. Just tell me!" I didn't call them to meet here just to be ignored like this. I wanted to tell them something.

"Nothing, really! Both of us have something to talk but you came so we can't talk about it in front of you." Sehun answered in monotone.

"Are you guys talking behind my bad?"

"Sort of." Minseok then answered. "So what do you want? Why do you want to meet us?"

Now it was the time to tell them a happy news. "I want to tell you that I'm going to marry Krystal." I let out a smile of my happiness when I told them the news but their reaction was not I expected. They just rolled their eyes and looked back at their phone. I thought that they would be happy. "Guys?"

"We won't be coming." Sehun said without turning to me.

What? Why won't they come? Were they busy?

"We don't want to go a wedding of someone who married a girl with zero dignity." Minseok added.

Zero dignity? Who?

"I can't believe you want someone like that. What a downgrade!" Sehun continued like he was mocking me. "You said that you like pure girl, kind, like a lady. Joohyun was good enough and yet you divorced her. Now, you want to marry a girl who slept with her boyfriend? It's so disappointing!"

"What the hell did you talk about? Are you saying that Krystal has no dignity? Joohyun is the one who has no dignity! I saw her kissing a guy with my two eyes and that's enough for me to say that she was unfaithful to me. I wish I didn't marry her." I exploded in anger especially when they accused Krystal.

"Your parents framed her! They paid a guy to seduce Joohyun to make it seems like she is cheating behind your back. She was harrassed and assaulted by that guy. It was your parents' plan!" Minseok raised his voice while trying to tell me.

Now what? After they badmouthing about Krystal, they accused my parents now. "Stop accusing my parents! They did nothing. It was Joohyun. She was the one who betrayed me. I loved her for years and this is what she did to me? And what's wrong with you guys? Talking bad about my parents! Talking bad about Krystal! If you guys don't want to come to my wedding, then fine! I'm happy for not having friends like both of you." I immediately left the place in anger as I just lost my two best friends who had been with me for years.

 

A few months later, I finally married to Krystal and we were going for a honeymoon. We just arrived at hotel and put all the stuffs at the corner.

"I've already arrived. Have you arrived? You did? Okay, we'll meet now."

I overheard Krystal talking to someone on the phone and it seemed like they were going to meet. Krystal ended the call and looked at me. From her eyes, I could see that she was nervous.

"Oppa, my friend is here and we planned to meet. If you don't mind, can I meet my friend alone now?" She asked my permission to meet her friend.

Honestly, I wanted to spend more time with her but maybe her friend was an old friend that she hadn't met for a long time. Thought that I wanted to meet with her friend too but I was too tired from the travelling. Maybe next time, I guessed. I let out a smile and allowed her to go. "Sure, you may go. Have fun!" I told her and she was so happy.

She walked to me and gave me a kiss on my cheek before she left. "I'll go now, oppa. See you soon!" She waved and I did the same.

As soon as she left, I lied down on the bed feeling tired and I thought that I wanted to sleep now. But before I had the chance to close my eyes, someone knocked the door. Did Krystal left something? I immediately got up from the bed to open the door.

After I opened the door, I was pushed by someone and apparently there were two of them, entered the room without care.

"Wow, this room is so big!" Sehun was amazed with the scenery that could be seen inside the room.

"The mattress is so soft. As expected, a five-star hotel." Minseok praised while jumping on the mattress.

I was dumbfounded. What were they doing here? Were they following me here? "Hold up! What are you two doing here right now?" The two of them looked at each other with a smirk on their face. Why did I feel so obvious that they were actually following me?

"We come here to accompany you." Minseok answered.

I squinted my eyes because I didn't get what Minseok were trying to say. To accompany me? For what?

"Since your wife is meeting her 'friend', we thought that you would feel so lonely and we came here so that you will have some fun." Sehun made a air quote gesture while saying the word friend.

After we had our argument back then, I stopped contacting them. I didn't invite them to my wedding and I didn't see any sight of them coming either. Well, it's great since they hated Krystal so much. Now, what? What were they doing here? What were they trying to do with us? Were they intending to ruin our honeymoon? I swore they're going to catch these hands if they decided to do something something stupid. I was still not over the fact they were badmouthing Krystal and now they were doing something behind my back, presumedly something bad.

"Luhan, I feel bored here. Let's go somewhere." Sehun suggested that all of us should went out.

Honestly, I didn't want to. Why? Because I was so tired and now they wanted to go out. I wondered what kind of plan they set up to ruin my relationship with Krystal. Before I could protest, they literally dragged me out of this room. Sigh. I had to follow them.

 

We were going to one restaurant and right after we sat at our place, I saw Krystal there. With someone. A guy to be exact. Maybe it's her friend. Wait! What if this was a part of their plan? Somehow, I could feel it. Not gonna fall that. I knew that Krystal was just meeting her old friend. But then, they looked so intimate. That guy fed Krystal romantically. What's going on? Why were they doing that? That wasn't what friends always do. Or maybe that's how Krystal interacted with her friend.

I felt jealous a little but I had to remind myself that this probably was Minseok's and Sehun's plan to bring me down.

After we had our lunch, they dragged me to the beach and forced me to walk with them. If only I could fight back, I would gladly to do that but I was so tired. I was too lazy to entertain them so whether I like it or not, I had to follow them. Although I completely hated it.

At the same time, once again, I saw Krystal with that guy again. In close proximity to each other. Like it would be impossible for wind to blow in between them. They were hugging each other. I hadn't had that chance to hug Krystal yet but that guy already did those thing to me. Who was he? Who was he to Krystal? They looked so..... close!

It was almost a sunset time. I didn't realize how long we were outside. If I was still in the room, I would've worried about Krystal but maybe it's because I was out here, I didn't notice all those. Not too long after that, I saw both of them kissed. Krystal and that guy. I couldn't believe it right in front of my eyes. I felt betrayed once again. After Joohyun, now Krystal. Please tell me that all of these were just a dream. Plese tell me that all of these were a prank that was set by my friends.

 

When the time came, we headed back to the hotel. But Minseok and Sehun didn't let me go. Then, I saw Krystal and that guy again went inside the hotel as well. He stayed here too? I wanted to go because I'm afraid if Krystal was worried about me that I was gone but my friends told me to stay for awhile. I didn't know what were they planning right now.

Sehun took a laptop that was placed inside the pocket of the seat and opened it. "Luhan, I think you need to see this. You need to know the truth."

"I know that the truth can be hurt but it's for your own good. We sincerely want to help because we are friends. We've been friends for a long time and I don't want to see my friend gets hurt. Although this is going to hurt you as well, it's better for you to know it now than later so that you won't regret it later." Minseok continued and expressed his concern towards me.

The laptop screen blinked and it showed a footage of a bed inside a room. A few seconds later, two people appeared and one of them was Krystal. With the same guy too. Then, they were making out passionately. I immediately closed the laptop lip hardly causing both of my friends shocked with my sudden move. I didn't have to know what would happen next. It was like a deja vu to me. My heart was broken, shattered into pieces. Why I was such a bad luck with girls? What had I done?

"Luhan?"

I heard my friends called me but I chose to ignore them. I needed some time to get over this. I was..... speechless. I couldn't believe this. It felt worst knowing that my newly wed wife was cheating on me. "Is this..... real?" I couldn't accept it. Everything was too much to handle. I was on the edge of passing out. Sigh, did my parents know about this?

I could tell that both of my friends were eyeing each other. Probably trying to tell me something. I was so sure they had something under their sleeves.

Minseok cleared his throat before he told me, "It is, Luhan. I'm sorry." He apologized. Why would he? He did nothing. He just wanted to help me. He just wanted to tell me the truth.

"We've already told you before, Luhan. But you're not believing it. We have no choice but to do this. I'm sorry." Sehun explained and later apologized to me.

Again, for what? They did nothing. They were right! They already told me before. But I didn't listen. Especially when they accused my parents for framing Joohyun. Wait! What if they were telling the truth? What if Joohyun was innocent? What they were telling me about my parents paid someone to seduce Joohyun was the truth? It was hard for me to grasp it. It was all too much.

"Luhan," Sehun tapped my shoulder and I turned to him, looking so hopeless. "here's what we found about Krystal and his boyfriend, Kai. They were together since school and still together now. Her parents don't know about her relationship with Kai."

I took all the pictures that Sehun gave me. It was photos of Krystal and her boyfriend. Some of it were over the top. There was a photo of them without shirts on. I wouldn't lie, I was heartbroken. Seeing someone that you loved only to betray you. It happened twice. I didn't know what to do now.

 

That night, I told my friends that I wanted to sleepover at their hotel room. They were so happy. They swore that they would try to make me feel happy and forget about everything. About Krystal and that guy. But it didn't really work. My thoughts were disturbed so much.

It was already 12:00am. I checked my phone. Who knew if Krystal suddenly called or texted me but surprisingly, she didn't. Not even once. She must felt so happy to be with her boyfriend than me.

End of flashback

 

"Guys, please! Find some information about Joohyun." I don't know how many times that I beg them to find something about my Joo. But they act like they don't care. Okay, guys! I know it's my fault. I should've listened to you but just help me to get her back.

Both Minseok and Sehun take their phone out and look at it. They're not going to ignore me, right? I swear if they ignore me, I'm flipping!

"From what I got here, it seems like she went to Japan around a week after both of you got divorced." Minseok states.

Then, Sehun also continues, "It's really hard to find any information about her because she has no one so we can't really find something about her except the fact that her old passport already expired. All I can say that she's probably staying in Japan now."

"Well, yeah! She came to represent a company in Japan." I add more information to them. Maybe they already know.

"You told me that she has a Japanese name. What is it? Maybe we can find it. That's one of the reason why we couldn't dig any information about her." Minseok asks me about her Japanese name. That's a great idea. Perhaps they can find it. I tell them her Japanese name and I also tell them the name of her company she works with. "Nakamoto Jun. Shu Company. Noted!"

"But Luhan, aren't you supposed to do something about the company she works with?" What is Sehun talking about? Is Sehun trying to give me an idea?

"Sehun is right! I mean that's the only way you can meet her." Minseok agrees to it as well. But the thing is I don't understand what they are trying to tell me? What am I supposed to do with Shu Company?

I try to think but I guess my brain is really slow to comprehend their words. And they are mocking me for that. Ah, right! They are right! I know now. This is the only way for me to meet Joohyun. Tsk, why didn't I think that before? Like this is the best idea ever. I can meet Joo again.

 

Joo, wait for me! I will come to see you again.

 

 

 

 

 


Hey, everyone! I'm sorry for the late update. So much things going on. Originally this chapter was a bit short. Some parts of the flashbacks aren't there in the first place but I decided to add it last minute so that's why it's a late update.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing, upvoting this story. Also to some readers who commented on this, thank you so much. I'm so happy to read all your comments. Please comment more. I highly appreciated it so much.

Thank you and I love you. <3