Lu Han

After 15 Years

 

 

~ Ugly Truth ~

 

I head back to my office after lunch and as I walk to reach my office, I run into my parents who it seems like they are waiting for me. If I'm being honest, my relationship between my parents are good but of course because I fake it. Inside my heart, I couldn't forgive them for taking someone that I love with all my heart away from me. They separated us. And it was all their plan. It wasn't that long after I found out why they did that.

"My son, how are you?" My father hugs me and then, my mother does the same.

I let out a slight smile to them. I can't be rude to them because they are my parents but at the same time, I don't know how to feel about this. I want to hate them but I can't. It's so tough. Why do you have to do this? It's hard for me to believe at first but I just have to accept the ugly truth and act like I don't know anything although I know everything.

"Luhan, today we are having a dinner together at 5-star restaurant. You, Krystal, and Taemin must come, okay? Krystal's parents are coming too. It's great for our family bonding time." My mom tells me in cheerful tone.

Family bonding time? Taemin isn't my family. I wouldn't even consider Krystal as my wife too despite we are married. We're just married by the meaning of married. The rest of responsibilities? All of them are like a mythical creature. But they don't know that. They thought that I was so happy with my life now. The truth is I'm not. I never feel happy after I got divorced with Joo.

"I won't be coming. I have a lot of works to do." I tell them in strict tone. My usual excuse. A lot of works!

"But Luhan, it's been a long time you haven't come to our family dinner. Work can be settled down later. It's family first!"

A long time? More like never. I always avoid our so-called family dinner because there's no other things they want to talk about other than business. Sigh, if only my parents know that they want to takeover our company. They already controlled certain things and my parents agreed everything. They just want money. And I'm glad that I'm able to stop them. Thanks to you, Minseok and Sehun. They are my saviour. They will tell me beforehand about Krystal's parents' plan and I will make sure to do something that will break their plan. So far, it's successful. Of course sometimes, I got scolded from my parents for doing something without their knowledge. In my heart, I just want to say "Do you want our company to go bankrupt?" to them but they don't know anything so I just keep quiet and told them that it's for our own good. Yes, it is!

"Is there anything happened, Luhan?" My mom asks. There is something about her tone that makes me feel like, I don't know how to explain this but it sounds like she doesn't want something to happen to me. "Is that girl doing something to you?"

I look up and I know who is my mom talking about. Joohyun. I shift my focus back to the papers while reading them. "She did nothing. Stay her out of this." I demand. I will never let them to say bad things about Joohyun.

"Look Luhan, she's coming back to take you away. You should be careful. Don't fall for her any tricks and traps." My mom reminds me.

I just roll my eyes with her lies. She's coming to take me away? I would be glad for that. I'm the one who wants her back. I should be careful? Don't fall for her any tricks and traps? It's you who I should be careful. I shouldn't fall any of your lies like what you did 15 years ago. Don't think I'm going to listen to them anymore. I'm sorry, mom. I'm sorry, dad. From now, please don't interfere my life. Let me live what I want. Don't force me to do something what you want and what I don't like.

 

Flashback

I covered my face with my palms as I couldn't believe what parents had told me. Did Joo do those thing behind my back? It was hard for me to believe but I had seen it my eyes and it was real. I really didn't want to accept the fact but I had to accept the reality. I didn't know what should I do now. I was so hurt. My heart was broken into pieces.

My parents told me that they knew that Joohyun had been cheating behind my back but they didn't want to tell me because they were afraid that they would hurt me or didn't believe them. If they told me earlier, I wouldn't believe them but now that I'd seen with my eyes, I had no hesitation but to believe them. This was really hurt. I honestly didn't know what else Joohyun was hiding behind me. Why did Joohyun do this to me? What went wrong between us? She was fine and happy to be with me and now I didn't whether all those were sincerely from her heart or just an acting.

"Luhan, I don't think you can be with her any longer." My mom told me before my dad added, "Yes, Luhan. She did this to you. It's unforgivable. We don't want you to get hurt.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and tried to think what should I do now. I decided to ask them but their respond was shocking to me.

"I think you should divorce her, Luhan. It's for the better." My mom suggested.

I wasn't sure if I really wanted to divorce her. I wasn't going to lie to myself that deep inside my heart that I'm still loving her but after all this, I didn't think that I would want someone like her in my life. I was so heartbroken. I was disgusted with her action. After a deep thought, I finally came to a decision. I would divorce her.

 

It was the day after I came back from the honeymoon with Krystal. For the whole week I was there, I wasn't with Krystal. At all. Not even once. I was with my friends trying to cheer me up after I found out an ugly truth about Krystal. The last day, I finally saw her again but she didn't say anything and I didn't say anything either. I wondered if she knew that I knew about her relationship.

We pretended that everything was fine and surprisingly, we played so well although we didn't talk. When we met our parents at home, they asked us how was our honeymoon and Krystal answered cheerfully that it was really fun. Yeah, fun. Fun with her own boyfriend not me. Then, they asked me and I just said well, it was okay. Obviously I couldn't tell the truth because Krystal parents were there although my mouth really wanted to say what I wanted to say.

I was on my way to my parents office when I saw someone whom I felt really familiar. It felt like I've seen that guy before but I couldn't remember where and who exactly he was. I saw him went to my parents and they greeted him in sorta serious way but my mom was smiling. Who was he? What did he do here? I'd seen him before but I didn't remember. Or whatever. Maybe I should go inside and who knew that we knew each other.

As I was getting closer to them, I overheard something that made me feel dumbfounded.

"Here's the money. Are you sure that she's gone?"

"Yes. I couldn't find her and it looks like she's out of the country too."

"Good! That means she won't have to bother Luhan anymore and it seems like our plan worked."

What plan? Who? Who won't bother me anymore? Why was I involved? Who was that person?

"Now that Luhan is married to Krystal. We don't have to worry anymore. He already believed that Joohyun was cheating on him so he won't get back to her."

I remembered now! He was the guy who was in our house. The guy who was with Joohyun. What was he doing here? How did he know my parents?

I immediately hid when I saw him and my parents coming out of the room. "From now on, you can do whatever you want. Let's pretend that we never met each other." I heard my father told him. What did my father mean? Why would they need to pretend that they don't know each other?

As he was leaving, I silently followed him. I really wanted to know why he was here and why he was meeting my parents. How did he know my parents? I still followed him until he reached to his car, I immediately grabbed him before turning him and pushed him against his back. Because of my action, his face quickly changed into a fear. Why? Scared?

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked sternly but not too harsh. I would if he didn't answer my question but it seemed like he didn't. "Answer me!" I shouted and he was trembling. What a coward!

"I-I'm not doing anything."

I tightened my grip on his collar making him flinched. It's better he answered my question or my fist would fly across his face. "Why did you meet my parents and how did you know them?" I asked again before I threatened him in which he's getting scared and had no choice but to answer the truth.

"Y-Your parents paid me to seduce Joohyun." He revealed.

I let go of his collar and thought deeply. Minseok and Sehun were already telling me about that. And I didn't believe it. I didn't believe it because they were against my relationship with Krystal and because I loved my parents that I didn't want anyone to badmouth about them. I trusted them and they knew what's the best for me. But now, I didn't know how to react with this. Everything seemed to be unbelievable. I looked at him in hurt, "Why?" Despite knowing the truth, I still wanted to know the real reason why my parents would do this to me.

He didn't want to answer but I had to do this although I didn't want to. I gave him a huge sum of money. More than what my parents gave to him. If this was the only way he would open his mouth, I would do everything for that.

He was hesitated a bit but with the amount of money that I gave to him, I was sure that he would spill everything. "I don't know the real reason but they want me to seduce Joohyun so that you would leave her. They wanted you to marry Krystal. I'm not sure why but it was for the business." He paused for a while before he decided to continue. "We planned everything. Your parents were following you so that our plan succeed. They were there. Near your home. They directed everything to me. They gave me a spare key to your home."

I was so dumbfounded after hearing that. They planned this? I asked them if he knew about the picture. What shocking me the most that it was my parents who gave those pictures to me. He also told me that he and Joohyun were nothing. Yes, he met her and tried to seduce her. He admitted that but he told me that he didn't make it. Joohyun loved me so much that every time they met, Joohyun only talked about me to him. I felt so guilty. I was such a fool. And the spare key? Now that I remembered, I lost my house key. I didn't know where did put it. The next day, my parents gave me the key without telling where did they find it. What if they made another key? Everything makes sense.

 

"Guys, was all that true?" I asked Minseok and Sehun about everything and with a little bit of hesitation, they nodded. What the? Why didn't they tell me?

"Luhan, we already told you before. We even warned you but you didn't listen. Look what happened now." Minseok reminded me.

Ah, right! They surely did and now I regretted it. Why I was so stupid? My life was a mess now. Thanks to me. What should I do now? I wanted to go back to my old life. With Joo. I couldn't believe that I wanted her back. I felt sorry to her. Where was she now? I think I had come to conclusion. "Guys, I think I'm going to divorce Krystal right away and get Joohyun back to my life." I declared but their reaction wasn't what I expected. They looked so shocked. Shouldn't they be happy about this since they didn't like Krystal?

"You can't, Luhan. It's too late." Sehun countered.

Too late? Why did he mean? Too late for what?

"Your marriage with Krystal was a contract agreement between your parents and Jung Inc.; Krystal's parents' company. They planned to merge with your company and your parents agreed to it but with one condition; you must get married to Krystal." Minseok added.

I almost lost my mind after hearing this. There was just too much things that I just knew and it made me crazy. What else I didn't know? "Is that the reason..... my parents- they-" I lost my words. Was that why they wanted to separate me and Joohyun? But- I couldn't think anymore. My head hurt from all of these. I just wanted to jump to leave this mess.

"Jung Inc. is really sly and slick. They want to takeover your company. They are the reason why Wu Company went bankrupt. The Jungs framed Mr. Wu which is why he went to jail. Now, your parents just made the biggest mistake by agreeing to Jung Inc. deals. If you ruin their plan, they will end you." Sehun explained in detail before he continued and revealed something that more shocking information. "The contract lasts for 20 years. In 20 years, they will slowly takeover your company. You can't do anything but to live with your life for 20 years and try to stop them from ruining your life, your family, and your company more."

I covered my face with my palms and heaved a heavy breath. What was the meaning of all this? Why did my parents do this to me? They rather ruined my life, and our life for their own business. My parents just messed up everything.

Minseok and Sehun also told me that my parents didn't know their true intention. They also told me that they would help me to stop all of this but they didn't tell me how though. I felt thankful for them. They were really my true friends. Although I didn't follow their advice which lead me to this, I'm still grateful to them. The only thing that upset me was that I had to face this for 20 freaking years. 20 years of suffering. It was a really long time.

"Guys, can I ask you for a help?" They looked at me and signalled me to continue. I really needed their help for this. I knew that they would help me for this. "Can you guys find Joohyun for me?" I plead to them to find Joo. I wanted to redeem myself. I wanted to admit all my mistakes to her. I would do everything to get her back although I knew that it was going to be a long time for us to be together again. But I just wanted to see her again. I wanted to hold her again. I wanted to apologized for everything, for not listening to her explaination, for leaving her like this. I regretted everything now.

Minseok and Sehun were eyeing each other like they weren't sure if they were willing to help me to find Joohyun. Please, guys! I needed your help badly.

"We try to find her." Sehun promised.

With that, all my miserable thoughts after the revelation were gone. And was replaced with a light of hope that I would see Joohyun again.

End of Flashback

 

Yoona enters my office room without knocking after my parents leave. It's really common for her to do this. I don't mind either since I'm used to it. Not going to lie, she was polite when she came here for the first time. I was strict to her until she once revealed to me about that she knew my history. Not a bad history of course. Well, let's just say my stupid mistake that time becomes her laughing matter and now she's brave enough to mock me. But she helps me a lot. I can't fire her.

She takes a seat in front of me while crossing her arms and her legs like a boss. "So, you reject again?" She asks. Knowing too well the reason why my parents came to meet me just now.

"You know it!" I give a short reply. She shouldn't ask this question again and again if she knows the answer.

Yoona takes one pen that I placed at the side of table and starts to twirl it. She can't stay still and her hands need to make some movement. It's always my stuff.

"Don't worry. We will know what they are talking about today." She promises and I nod as I get what she's trying to say.

I really need to know what my parents and the Jungs are planning again. Planning to ruin my company. So someone will give an information and detail about that. Who is that someone? I have no idea. All I know is that Yoona will tell me tomorrow as all the information and details about my parents' and in-laws' plans are going to reach her first. I need to act fast before everything is too late. 5 years left before my suffering will end.

After that, she excuses herself and reminds me to get ready for the next meeting. But before she leaves, I want to ask her to do something. "Yoona, can you do me a favour?"

She turns while smirking and gives me a wink. "I know what you want me to do. Don't worry. I'll get everything prepared. You just need to prepare yourself and your heart." She says before she winks again.

"It's about something else." I haven't said anything yet but she already knows what to do. I'm talking about Joo. Not about the meeting between my parents and in-laws.

Yoona lets out a hiss and her face changes to an annoyed expression. She shakes her head and it looks like she's mad at me now. "I know what you want and it's about that." She snaps. Well, glad that I'm facing this almost every week. "You do realize that I have connection? Of course I know everything because of that. Don't worry. I'll get everything ready and you just sit your down and wait." With that, Yoona just leaves in angry manner after she emphasizes herself about the connection in which she has been repeated to me for so many times.

Oops, I make her mad. I just hope that this won't stop her from doing our plan. I hope Yoona will make it work. I trust her. I know that she will make this happens. She's very loyal to me. Aside from how we treat each other, we still have each other's back. It's just that it's still amazed me how she has this kind of connection. Like, I often go 'wow' whenever she mentions about her connection. I'll never know who is her connection. I thought it was Minseok or Sehun but it's not them. But she doesn't lie that she knows them.

Oh, whatever. Why do I care about that? I need to focus on something more important. Joo.

 

Joo, I can't wait to see you again.

 

 

 

 

 


Hey, guys! First of all, I'm sorry for not updating for more than a month. I was so busy of fangirling over NCT Dream comeback with other stuffs. I wasn't feeling well the first few weeks. I had a really terrible migraine that lasts for a week so I can't focus on writing. I was a little busy because of college graduation (I just graduated a few days ago. YAY!). Other than that, I have a writter block for this chapter.

So as you guys see the strike words there (haha), I just want to say Congratulation to NCT Dream for winning in The Show. Although it's not a big music show as Mcountdown, Music Bank or Inkigayo, I'm still proud of them. The boys are still young and some people underestimated them but I'm happy from them T.T Honestly, being an NCT stan aren't meant for real life. There are a lot of updates and if you leave for 1 hour, you will miss like 1234567890 updates. I feel bleesed but at the same time, we're being spoilt with all these updates and comeback. 

To any NCT stans who are reading this story (if there's any): I'm sure that you've heard about NCT U comeback rumour, right? Personally, I don't believe the rumour at all but if it's true, rip all of us.

Okay, enough with the NCT talks. I just want to ask How are you guys? Do you guys miss me? hehe. Recently, did you guys listen to any songs from your favs or any artist? I've been listening to Taeyeon's new album. My favorite is Fire but I love other songs too. And that little Taeyeon interaction with Mark and Doyoung and NCT Dream T.T

Other than that, I'll try my best to update this story as fast as I can. Next chapter will be Yuta's first POV. I mean, you need to know how does he feel living without a father (Luhan). And don't worry. Seohyun and Luhan will meet soon.