Seo Joohyun

After 15 Years

 

 

 

~Who is he?~

 

Today is the second day of meeting. Dear God, please give me some strength to face this. I can't sleep last night. I feel so sleepy right now. My eyes are swollen a bit because I was crying. I was crying because of the past. There are the times at night, I was so sad because I missed those days but when it's day time, I usually go on with my life nothing happened.

I get inside the elevator and press the number 12. It's such a surprising that Luhan is willing to stay this high. He's like a little kid when it comes to this height. He's afraid of height so much. Whenever we went a tower or something, he would hold my hand so tight or hug me. Like I didn't know that he purposely wanted to hug me.

Sigh. Why did I think about this now? It's not the time to think about something like this but I'm so nervous to meet Luhan again. I noticed that since yesterday, he didn't spare a glance at me. He must hate me now. Not a surprised especially Suho and Ms. Im had warned me about Luhan. It's just unusual to see this side of Luhan. I've never seen it before.

The elevator stops at 4th floor. Once the door open, Mrs. Lu is standing in front of it. I'm startled to see her here and it's surely awkward meeting her again after 15 years. I give a smile to her but there's no respond from her instead she has this arrogant look which I've never seen before. She already forgets me it seems. Both the elder Lu were nice to me.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Mrs. Lu asks me in stern tone. I turn to her and be polite to her by saying that I have a meeting for expansion but her response caught me off guard. "You think I didn't know that your intention to come here? You think I didn't know that you're trying to get Luhan back to you?"

I'm so bewildered with her statements. I swear that's not what I want. Besides, I don't know that this is his company. "Mrs. Lu, I was assigned by my boss to come here. I came here because of work. I don't know that Luhan is here."

"Stop pretending, Joohyun. You know Luhan is here so you asked your boss to come here so that you can get Luhan back. Listen! I'm going to make sure that we won't agree with your deal no matter what. I'm sure Luhan will do the same." Mrs. Lu warns me before she leaves at 8th floor.

I lose my words after receiving a warning from Mrs. Lu. Should I just give up now? She just told me that they will reject me. I think it's clear now. I won't be getting anything. I failed. This is disappointing.

But the presentation hasn't started yet. I think I might have chance even if they want to fail me. I have to fight for my president and the company. Like I said before, the company's pride is in my hands and they trusted me. I can't let them down. Even if they are going to reject me, I have to show my best for the sake of Shu Company.

 

"Ms. Nakamoto, you may begin your presentation now."

I'm not going to lie, I almost jump when he called my name just now. It feels odd to hear him calling me with that name. I'm so used hear him calling me Joo in a sweet tone. This time, he calls me seriously. It feels so different.

Nevertheless, I begin my presentation now. As I'm going through my presentation, I notice that Luhan doesn't even listen to me. He doesn't even look at me as well. What makes me irk the most is that he's busy going through his phone. It's really rude. He didn't do that to others. Instead, he was clapping and compliment some of them which in my opinion, wasn't that great at all. Nothing special but he likes it. Sigh, I can't lose this.

I end my presentation and except Luhan, everyone claps for me for finishing the presentation. What is wrong with him? Honestly, I don't know what does he have against me. Is it because of what happened between us? Does he treat other women like that or is it only me? Only Luhan knows. I just hope that he doesn't involve with business and personal life. Especially our past. We are nothing anymore.

He looks at me seriously and I'm so nervous when our eyes met. Once again. "So what's so special about your company?" He asks blankly.

I'm taken aback with his question. What kind of question is that? I've already explained everything and it's him. He's the one who doesn't listen everything that I had said and explain. I'm pretty sure that I did explain clearly. Everyone understands it so why can't he? Whatever! I say about our company but he cuts me off before I even finish explaining things. And it happens not once but more than that. He cuts me and asks another questions and I have to repeat what I said again and again until he cuts me again and asks other questions and again and again and again. It's like a never ending cycle. I'm getting frustrated. I have the feel to raise my voice because my patient has reached to the limit.

"I HAD ALREADY EXPLAINED EVERYTHING HERE BUT YOU NEVER LISTEN! NEXT TIME, LISTEN TO ME WHILE I'M TALKING! I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING BUT YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE ME AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN TO US NOW! WE WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS IF YOU GIVE ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU!"

Letting out a heavy breath, I just realize that I blurt out something that I shouldn't. And I did something wrong. I just raised my voice to Luhan and I'm pretty much done for. He's the CEO and he's going to reject my deal.I have the urge to cry. About everything. Because of Luhan and because of the company. I failed. Looking around the meeting room, the other representatives are either looking at me in shock or avoid any eye contact with me feeling scared for my sudden outburst. I shouldn't stay here any longer so I take all my things and excuse myself to leave without turning to Luhan at all. I just can't bear to face him now. Because I want to cry. I had no problem crying in front of him before but not now. I need to be alone for now.

 

Suho waves his hand to make sure that I notice that he's already coming. He comes to me and carries my luggage to his car. "Are you sure that you really want to go back to Japan now?" He asks me curiously as both of us get inside his car.

I asked Suho to come back to hotel again because I want to go home. Home as in Japan. What's the point if I attend the meeting tomorrow? I don't think I can face everyone's face especially Luhan after what happened just now. He's going to reject our company's deal after all. It was all my fault. I shouldn't raise my voice to him. But he was the one who got on my nerves. Then, I know that I can't do anything about it. I was so impatient and my temper was really bad that time so I couldn't help it. Sigh. I should forget about this. That's the end of it. I don't think or even want to step this place again. Even if I want too. Even if I want to show him my birth place. But I think there's no reason for me to do that now.

"There's no point anymore. I don't want to waste my time. I have a lot of work too." I'm not sure whether Suho knows the real reason why I want to go back. He's quite close to Ms. Im. I'm sure Ms. Im would tell him what happened inside the meeting room between me and Luhan.

"Ms. Seo," Suho calls me but pauses for a moment and he looks so anxious as he briefly watches me through his mirror. But then, he smiles while shaking his head. "Nothing!" He dismisses and drives to the airport.

I'm sure he's going to ask me something about why do I want to go home now or what exactly happened that I want to leave this early. Well, I was supposed to stay here for a week to discuss certain things but it ended pretty early. I messed up real bad. Sigh. But it's okay. There might be other chances coming one day. A big chance that even better than this. I try to think positive. I try to feel better after what happened. I'm going to show him that I can be successful without him. I can say that I already did.

 

After around 2 hours in flight, I have finally arrived my home in Japan, specifically Osaka. In Japan, Osaka is where I spent my 15 years life the most. It's my second home. Or first.

 

I open the door and get inside the house. It's pitch-black dark. He's already sleeping it seems. I slowly and carefully walk to my room without making a sound while dragging my luggage bags. As soon as I enter my room, I put away the bags and sit on the bed.

I let out a sigh because I'm so tired from the jetlag. For 2 hours, I couldn't stop thinking about Luhan. It doesn't matter what was all about, be it the past and present. I've never thought that Luhan will have a lot of effect in my life.

How am I supposed to forget about him? How when someone reminds me about him? That's why I can't forget Luhan. No matter what, I can't erase him in my mind and my heart. Because I've been reminded by someoneIf we're still together, we would be happy. You must be happy because our one and only wish had came true.

"Mother?" A voice calls me.

I turn to where the voice is coming from and there's a 15 years old boy standing near the door in my room with a pair of sleepy eyes but at the same time, in confusion.

Seeing him, I let out a motherly smile to him like usual. "Yuta."

 

He is Nakamoto Yuta.

My son.

As well as Luhan's son.