Seo Joohyun

After 15 Years

 

 

 

~ My name is Nakamoto Jun ~

 

I stand in front of the big building with a huge name of eL Corporation attached securely on the building. Looking at the building itself, you know how fancy they are with all those landscapes they have. Totally a breathtaking view. The workers here must've enjoyed watching these scenary everyday. They're surely lucky. From what I heard from my boss, the higher ups from eL Corporation are really strict. They are really strict in everything which is one of their secret key to success.

The thought of that making me feel nervous than before. I'm nervous because this is the first time after 15 years I'm back to South Korea. I don't know how my Korean sounds like now. The funny thing is that in my workplace, there are a lot of Koreans too but mostly are residing in Japan longer than me. I do speak Korean with them but only for quite some time. However, I don't forget my roots. I still remember how to speak them. But since it's been a long time already, maybe I forgot some words or probably I will sound so accented.

 

"Ms. Seo."

I turn to Suho who was rushing to come towards me. After he dropped me off here, he told me to wait for a while he finds a parking space for his car. Since I don't know this place very well and since he had promised to take me to the office floor, I just wait for him.

"I'm sorry that I'm late." He apologizes while rubbing his nape. It wasn't that late actually. Well, I have to wait for 15 minutes for him to come.

"Can't find the parking space?" I ask and let out a chuckle because he knows that I've been waiting for so long.

He scratches his head with an apologetic grin. Honestly, it's my fault for agreeing him in the first place. I can find the office floor by myself if I ask the receptionist. He doesn't have to rush himself to find a parking and coming here again just to help me. I feel bad for him. It's still morning but he's already drenched himself with sweat. He must be running and to think that he parked his car somewhere far, it's really a bad day for him.

But it seems like it doesn't bother him. He gives a calm smile and lead the way for me. As we get inside the building, someone greets us and Suho quickly responds to the cleaner who was mopping the floor as it is her routine every single day. I do the same to her and she replies with a smile. There are a lot of people who greet us and we can only greet them back except for Suho who knows all of them.

Suho directs me to the elevator. They are only two of us and he presses the button number '12' before the door closes.

"I heard that there are a lot of people from other countries coming here today." Suho says suddenly. "And I also heard that majority of them are men." He adds.

I don't know why he suddenly telling me this. Perhaps for me to know that I'm not alone but does that mean that I'm the only woman here?

"I don't want to scare you or try to bring down your mood but since you're probably the only woman here, you have to try hard to convince our boss about your deal. For the sake of your company, you really need to try so hard to convince him. If he isn't satisfied with your deal, he won't tolerate with you again. He'd never go easy on woman compared to man."

I'm flabbergasted with his statement. What does he mean? Is this CEO a woman-hater? I'm having a bad feeling now. Suddenly, my stomach is making a twist. Why do I feel scared like a newbie coming to work on the first day? Coming to face a very scary and nightmare-like boss.

"This is kind of personal but are you married?"

His question caught me off guard whenever he asks something. I shake my head as I'm not married and suddenly, he heaves a sigh. A sympathetic one. This doesn't look good.

"Too bad, I guess. He's always being hard on woman but less to someone who is married." Suho adds.

That's odd. This is the first time I hear something like this. But I wonder why. "Is he married?" For someone like that, I don't think he even has an intention to get married. But then, Suho nods. That guy is married? I can't believe this. I'm curious about his wife. Does he love his wife wholeheartedly? Or he treat his wife like a rubbish?

"But he's really cold with both his wife and son." He answers even before I ask the question.

Not that I want to know about it but really, for a person who seems to be hate on woman, I must say I'm not surprised. But Suho mentioned that the CEO is cold with his son too. Now that's even odd. Oh well, I shouldn't think about his personal life. It's not like I can change him although I'm terrified right now. I'm such in a desperate mode to look good in front of him. The company's pride is in my hands now. I have to impress him. Sigh, my president shouldn't have chose me. They could've use other people and a man. The thing is I got the highest vote from the higher ups to send me here for dealing. I'm the best when it comes to deal with other company. It looks like I'm going to fail with this. I'm sorry, President Kunimitsu.

 

After we reach to the 12th floor, I follow Suho's lead and pass the receptionist counter to one cabin.

"Good morning, Ms. Im." Suho greets to one of the woman inside the cabin who was typing something on computer. Hearing from what Suho called her, her name is Ms. Im. Suho asks Ms. Im whether the boss aka the CEO has arrived yet but it seems like he's not coming yet. "By the way Ms. Im, this is Ms. Seo Joohyun from Shu Company in Japan. She's coming here for a meeting discussion of expansion. Ms. Seo, this is Ms. Im Yoona; the secretary."

What a surprise! He has a secretary. A woman too. But how? Oh, Suho mentioned that he's okay with a married woman. Maybe she's married. I extend my hand for a handshake and she's really pretty and young-looking. She doesn't look like a married woman but I caught three picture frames on her table; one is a guy, one is a boy, and the other one looks like a family picture. That makes sense.

Ms. Im is looking through something on the clipboard like she's checking my name. Then, she frowns. I think I know why.

"Nakamoto Jun."

Both Ms. Im and Suho look at me like an alien. I can understand why they are looking at me like that.

"My name is probably written as Nakamoto Jun." I add.

Then, Ms. Im checks it again and nods. Maybe she found my name.

"Who is Seo Joohyun?" Suho asks as he still didn't get my name earning a hit on his head with the clipboard from Ms. Im.

"Don't ask a stupid question! Here! Take this to Zhang Inc. Tell them that boss want to arrange a meeting with Mr. Zhang." Ms. Im nags at Suho while handing a few letters and files presumely for other company. Suho grumbles at Ms. Im and goes off with the files.

I forget to say thank you to him for bringing me here but I will meet him later anyway. Ms. Im turns to me with a smile and tells me to follow her to the meeting room. She is really friendly. She asks me whether I have eaten and informs me that breakfast and lunch are provided by the company. She also asks me a few things like which place is the best to go in Japan, which food is tasty and other stuff. Mostly it's about the places in Japan. She also mentions that she wants to visit Japan for family vacation but she doesn't know when she will have time to go.

We reach at the meeting room and before I go in, Ms. Im gives me an advice. "Ms. Seo, you may think I'm rude for telling you this but it's for your best. Please, like really please be serious while dealing with my boss. He's hard to crack. Be confident and you have to be smart to answer all of his tricky questions. Don't let him win. If you lose, you won't be getting anything. Okay?"

I gulp after hearing her words about this CEO. I have to prepare myself really well. I feel like I'm losing all my confidence. All go to the drain. What should I do now? What kind of tricky questions he may ask? Can I answer it? Will I be able to make him agree with our deal? I take a deep breath before I go inside.

As I go inside, there are a number of people here and like Suho said, all of them are men. They will have a free pass because they are men but I have to go through a lot of things just to make him agree with me. My whole body is shaking. My heart is jumping. I don't know what will happen later. The company trusts me. Everyone trusts me. I can't let President Kunimitsu down. I have to make sure that I will get this. I will fight and I won't let myself being stepped on.

 

After waiting for 30 minutes, the meeting is supposed to start now but the CEO has yet to come. I'm getting more nervous. Who knows, I might jump off the seat if someone opens the door. I was startled a few times already when Ms. Im and other investors or representatives came. Please be calm. It's going to be alright. I don't know how many times I've said this in my mind, trying to distract my nervousness but I'm getting anxious than before.

The door is opened again and as usual, I startle and almost scream but luckily I bite my lower lip so hard to prevent any sound coming out from my mouth.

"Good morning! I'm Lu Han; the CEO of eL Corporation. Today we will discuss about expansion. Before we proceed, I would like everyone to introduce yourself."

I'm.......... speechless. I can't believe it. Is this a dream? Or a nightmare? I stare at him with wide eyes and my breathing is getting rapid. My shock expression is extremely obvious that everyone can see it. I'm frozen in my seat.

He's looking at everyone with a smile but when he finally sees my face, his smile fades away. And it replaces with a bewildered expression. No! He wasn't surprised because I'm a woman. He was surprised because..........

 

I'm his ex-wife.

 

 

 

 

 


It's a bit fast, isn't it More to come.....

Don't forget to subscribe and comment. And upvote too. Enjoy <3