Prologue

After 15 Years

 

 

 

Welcome home, Seo Joohyun ~

 

I stop my step in front of the arrival gate in Incheon Airport facing the crowds that probably just arrived or going to depart soon. While some of them are probably waiting for someone. I heave a sigh in despair. Never thought that I would be back here. I've never thought that I would step this country named South Korea again. 15 years after I left this place. I must say that everything looks so different. In fact, I don't remember how it looks like back then but I'm sure a lot of things have changed.

 

"Miss Seo Joohyun?"

I heard someone called my name. My Korean name. It's been a long time I've heard someone calls that name. I used it sometimes but only some occasion that I need to use that name so that people can say it. Like now.

I give a smile to that person who called me with my name written on a piece of paper. Large and clear enough for me to see it. The person who was holding my name has a calm feature and he's around 30s but I could be wrong. I approach towards him and he also gives me a smile. Maybe he could sense that I'm the one he's looking for.

"Are you Miss Seo?" He asks again for confirmation. I reply to him while introducing myself and he lets out a happy smile after that. "I'm Kim Joonmyeon. You can call me Suho. I'm working with eL Corporation. I was ordered by the company to pick you up and I will be your driver for your stay here for a week." He explains clearly.

I nod at him as I understand his statement. He will be helping me while I'm here for 1 week. I was assigned by my boss for a meeting with the CEO of eL Corporation; one of the biggest business companies in South Korea. I'm here to discuss an important matter about our expansion in South Korea and in return, we will help eL Corporation expand in Japan.

 

"How long have you been staying in Japan?" He asks me without leaving his eyes on the road. There's a lot of cars here. Not really surprising. I arrived at the wrong time.

"15 years."

"Does your family move to Japan?"

I'm stunned with his question. Speaking about my parents makes my heart aches. "No. I moved to Japan because of work." Liar. That's not the reason.

"So they're in Korea? Will you visit them? You must be missing them so much."

Suho keeps babbling about my parents. I can't reply anything so I just nod. Unknowing to Suho, I don't know where they are now or are they still alive? I lost contact with them after they refused me as their daughter anymore. I didn't do anything wrong and it's not my fault but what can I do if they don't want me anymore. They believed about those story more than myself. Those were my down days. My depression days. No one was with me. Going to Japan was the only option I had because I don't feel like staying in Korea anymore. It hurts me so back to think of those worst days. I even had a suicidal thought but I fought back because of one reason. That reason was the one who made me go on with my life. That reason was the one who never let me be alone anymore.

I was flashing back to my last time in here. Suddenly I was thinking about someone. Sigh, why do I have to think about him? He's nothing to me anymore. He must be happy right now. I pray that I don't have to see him anywhere. But on the other thought, I think that he's probably back to his hometown since he is the heir of his parents company.

Jun, what is wrong with you? I mean, Joohyun. Joo. He used to call me that. Joo. What a cute nickname he gave to me. I shake my head to clear that thought. I shouldn't have thought about that. He's no longer important to me anymore. Probably he doesn't remember me at all. Aish, stop thinking now, Jun! I mean, Joohyun. I need to get use to this name. My birth name; Seo Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 


Just a short prologue before I go to first chapter.