Lu Han

After 15 Years

 

 

 

~ My Life as Lu Han ~

 

I wake up from my sleep, groaning with the sun beaming directly to my face. My hand reaches to my phone that was place on the bedside table and pressing the button to check the time now. Surprisingly, I awake a bit earlier than usual where most of the time 30 minutes late after the alarm rang. Any good news today? Nothing special just like everyday. What schedule do I have today? Ah, I don't remember. More like, I don't give a damn about it. I need to ask Yoona.

I get out of bed and take a quick shower before I wear my office attire. As I open my wardrobe to choose today's attire, I've realized that there's only one attire left. I'm such a lazy guy to wash my clothes after wearing it despite having a washing machine here. I'll have to take some of my clothes at home and bring it here and asks the maid to wash my last week's clothes.

Currently, I'm in the bungalow that I bought on my own at the age of 23. Yes, I bought it. With my own money. I worked hard and saved some money after I started working. My family is rich. Totally filthy rich but I never once rely on them. I did everything by myself. I bought this before I became the CEO and I worked under several companies before my father appointed me as the CEO.

This place? It has a lot of memories. The memories that I don't want to forget. The memories that I wish it can come back. The only way I can redeem myself of what I had done. It was my fault. Technically, it wasn't totally my fault but I still want to blame myself. It was too late. But still, I wish it to come back. I want to start over. But with my life like this, can I really start over?

Where are you now? I thought this to myself. I'm asking this question everyday, hoping that I will finally find the answer. But if I keep asking this to myself, how am I supposed to know the answer? Sigh. I can only do this everyday while trying to reminisce the old moment. Besides that I'm wishing for it to comeback, I wish that I could turn my time back when I was in school. When I was still studying. Or more like having fun with someone. Those memories were so precious. Too bad that we ended up like this. Who's fault is it again? Me.

 

I almost arrive at my parents' mansion. Actually, my parents claimed that it's my mansion but I don't want to call that. Why? It was a gift from my parents. I appreciated that but I'm not truly happy staying at the mansion. The irony that my parents told me that this mansion is for my happiness but unfortunately, I don't feel any. That's why I don't stay there often. But there's also another reason.

I was about to turn left and enter the mansion when there's another car coming out from the mansion. He's coming again. Or should I say 'everyday'. Maybe not everyday but I know that she's not alone. I'm sure Taemin was happy and enjoy spending some time with him. That's not wrong.

There are several people who live in the mansion like maids, gardener, driver but mostly maids. The mansion is so big that you can't have only 5 maids there. At least more than that. Not to mention, Krystal and Taemin are living there too. Krystal is my wife. Or just the title. I've never felt that she's like a wife to me. She thinks that I didn't know what she wants and what she's doing behind my back? Oh, I know it all. I highly doubt she even loves me. She said that she loves me everyday but her action and behaviour said something else.

Taemin? He's my son. Or that's what all people want to believe especially my parents. But the truth is, he isn't mine. Krystal knows who is Taemin's father and I know who is his father. It's just that whether Krystal is even aware that I know about Taemin. I'm sure she knows but she's pretending that Taemin is ours in front of our parents. In fact, for 15 years of marriage, I've had never touch her even once. As for me, I just have to fake the act in order my parents didn't notice anything. It's funny. Really.

I'm going to be honest, I do feel bad for Taemin because most of the time, I ignored him. I didn't act as a father to him. Why would I when he's not even mine? He's already received so much love from his own father without he knowing. At first, I want to shower him with a lot of love but after I found out that he was so happy with his father, I stepped back. I'm not his father anyway. And I don't like that he called me 'father'. Why? Because I'm not his father.

Taemin is really naive and innocent. His father came here everyday and spending his night with his mother while I'm not around but Taemin had no idea about their relationship. He thought that his father is just a friend of his mother.

That's why I don't want to stay here. I will come out an excuse saying that I'm so busy to Taemin so that I don't have to see him. Besides, Krystal and her boyfriend named Kai were having fun on our bed. I don't want to sleep on the bed that had a trace of other guy. I only came back here when we have to fake our so-called a happy family in front of our parents. My parents don't know about Kai. I just want to hide it until they find out themselves.

 

"AppaAppa, you're back!" Taemin shouts in joy after he saw me coming out from the car.

Why did I come here when I said that I don't like to be here? I need breakfast. I'm too lazy to cook and why would I waste my money to buy breakfast when you have maids prepared it for you and you can eat it for free? Also, I need to ask the maid to wash my clothes. Life is surely easy for rich family.

Taemin is excited to meet me but I only keep my poker face on not only to him but to everyone. Taemin grabs my arms and drags me to the dining room while Krystal digging her breakfast already and what is she wearing? Why is she just wearing a short nightgown now? I know what she's been cooking last night but can she at least have a respect to everyone here? Especially to minor Taemin. Uh, whatever! It's not my business.

I sit down and have my breakfast. At the same time, Krystal leaves and goes upstair. Her nightgown is definitely showing her petite figure. Not gonna lie, she really has a nice body. A body that all guys want to devour. Me too but I have my own pride. I'm not the type who is after a woman for her body. As much as I want our bodies to become one, nah, I don't want it in the first place.

"Appa, today I have a dance competition. Will you come and watch my performance as well as support me?" Taemin requests me to come for his dance competition at school today.

"Ask your omma, I'm busy." I reply coldly.

Taemin mouths an 'okay' before he scoops cereals into his mouth. I can't read Taemin's reaction after I said that but he looks like he's fine with it? If it was other people's kids, they would feel disappointed and upset if their father treated them this way but for Taemin, he doesn't seem to notice it? This is why I said that Taemin is so naive.

 

As I've reached at my office now, I finally remember that today there's a meeting with representatives of companies from some countries for our expansion. Our business has stable in South Korea and I think that this is the right time to expand our business to other countries. I look at my watch and I think I'm going to be late. Uh oh! This is not good. I don't want to make a bad impression to other people there. They are so important.

"Yoona, are all of them here?" I immediately ask my secretary; Im Yoona, about those people. I can call her with her name because I'm the boss.

Yoona turns and currently slurping the ramen from the cup in front of me. If it was other boss or my father, she would've been fired a long time ago. I'm a cold person towards women but married women is an exception and that applies to Yoona. Why I'm fine with married women? Because they're married. That means they won't seduce me like other single girls who only like me because I'm handsome and rich. The perks of having both of them is really hard. And also, Yoona holds a dark secret that she knew and she will tell me all of it. She is my secret weapon.

"They're here already. Waiting for you." She said as she points to the clipboard before she drinks the broth.

I take the clipboard and look at the list. Who's the boss here to be exact? Whenever I'm with Yoona, I feel like our roles have been reversed. Yoona keeps pointing and ordering whenever I want something. And she's the only person who dares to talk informally to me; a boss! While she's only the secretary. She's basically can do whatever she wants to the point that she crossed her leg while sitting like a boss with I'm in front her. Yeah, who's the boss here? Anyway, I can't be strict to her because like I've said, she knows a lot of dark secrets and I really need her.

"Hurry up and finish your ramen! We're getting late." I'm urging her.

Yoona takes a tissue and wipes and drinks water before they go. "You should've come earlier!" Yoona retorts and both of us walk to the meeting room.

While we are making our way to the meeting room, I take this opportunity to ask about her son. She told me that her son has been hurting on his waist for the past few days.

"The doctor confirmed that he has slipped disc. He needs a lot of rest." Yoona reveals.

My jaw drops after hearing that. Even from hearing, I can feel the pain on my own. That must be hurt and he's still young too. "I'm going to visit him today."

 

"Good morning! I'm Lu Han; the CEO of eL Corporation. Today we will discuss about expansion. Before we proceed, I would like everyone to introduce yourself."

I know that I'm a bit late but not too late. However, I can be whatever I want since it's my company. Pretend that nothing is happen. I look at everyone with a smile but then,..........

My eyes stop at this one person. A woman. Her face is so familiar. Is this real? I'm not dreaming, right? Both of us are staring at each other with a surprised expression. Both of us know why we are looking like this. She is someone I know. She is the one that I want to come back to my life. She is.......... my old love.

 

Joo?

 

 

 

 

 


The next chapter will be updated next week. I'm sorry about that.. OTL