Chapter 2: Shouldn't Be Alone At Night [2009]

Seoul's Stragglers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Shouldn't Be Alone At Night

 


 Nights at Seoul, different from other places in South Korea, were filled with lights from one end of the block to the other one. People were walking around chatting cheerfuly with friends or lovers without a care in the world. 

 Maybe that's how Park Jisoo managed to stay calm despite the fact that she was a twelve years old, thirdteen if you asked Korea, walking around the city at night. It would have been scary if it wasn't for all the light that came from every single building, signs and street lamps. The music that could be heard all over the block was helping calm her nerves too.

 She couldn't help but regret her acts, it was cold and she didn't know where to go. Sure, she could walk around the city center for a while, but sooner or later an adult was going to stop on it's track wondering what the heck was a school-age-girl doing in the middle of Seoul in the middle of the night all alone.
 She tried to stay calm, she had managed herself through the last four days, so what could be different now?

 Deciding the best to do was to get away from the main focus of police patrols, she went to that park she had gone the past night. Maybe she could hide behind those bushes, that seem to stop the cold, again and hopefully get some sleep.

 She made her way to the park and inspectionated the place making sure nothing weird or dangerous was lying on the ground. Once she was satisfaced, she laid there.

 She stared at the night sky. She couldn¡t see a lot of stars because of the city lights, but still she liked watching the Moon. She wished she could just fly until she reached the Moon, at least there she wouldn't have to care about the fact that the only food she had taken when she runaway from her house was now gone. She was starving but couldn't do anything about it.

 She had closen her eyes and was about to fall asleep when she felt the bushes behind her moving. She sat up quickly, scared for her life.
"Who are you?" She whispered scared.

 In front of her was a girl trying to go into the bushes, she had never seen someone look so scare in her whole short life.
"They're coming, move!" the girl begged in a rushed whisper.

 Jisoo moved over to the side, the girl hiding inside the bushes almost inmediatly.

"What's your-" Jisoo started but was cut off by the girls hand.

 She put her index finger over her lips and then pointed to Jisoo's left, she looked scared again.

There were two huge and tall men standing, they seem to be looking around for someone.

"Where the did she go?" a deep voice asked.

Jisoo could hear how they cursed and asked about a girl. She glanced at her side. Where they looking for her? 

Before she could find a way to ask her, Jisoo felt a light over her, she looked in front of her. The man was holding a flashlight. The light then travelled to her side.

"Found her!" another deep voice yelled.

The girl stood up inmediatly, she held Jisoo's hand and dragged her with her.

"Run!" she yelled.

 Jisoo obeyed. She didn't understand what was going on, she only knew this girl meant trouble. She had been staring at the night sky peacefully and then she appeared out of nowhere, who did she think she was?

 With that thought in mind, Jisoo stopped running. The girl turned around and looked at her in disbelief.

"What are you doing?! We have to run!" she yelled. 

Jisoo was about to protest but the girl grabbed her hand, making her run anyways.

"Are you crazy?!" the girl asked.

"Me?! You are the one dragging me around! Why are we running?!"

"Because I like to breath, thank you very much!"

 Jisoo was confused, she stopped running again. The sudden weight made the girl fall, making Jisoo follow her to the floor. She felt over the girl.

"! Get up, come on, move!" the girl urged.

 Jisoo tried to stand up as quickly as she could, but it wasn't enough, the men had reached them.

"All right you little scumb, you better stop ing running!"

 Jisoo wanted to cry, she glanced at her side were the now standing girl was. She seemed scare but at the same time she was frowning.

"Leave me alone!" the girl yelled.

 The men laughed.

"Sure princess, come on" 

 A man walked forward he turned the girl around and put her arms behind her back, then he held her in place.

"What about the other one?" someone asked.

"Bring her too"

 It took a minute too late for Jisoo to realize they were talking about her, she wanted to run but her legs decided other wise.
 A man was holding her tight, she started to kick her legs in hopes of getting free, but the man raised her in the air and held her tighter.

"Stay put you little !" he yelled in pain at Jisoo's kicks.

"Let her go, she has nothing to do with this!" The girl yelled while she tried to pry herself of the man's grip.

 The man laughed again, Jisoo heard how they talked but didn't really pay attention, she couldn't, she was in too much shock. However she snapped out of it when she heard a new voice behind them.

"What are you doing?" A girl's voice asked.

 The men turned around, with the girls still on their arms.

"Get her!" a man with really deep voice ordered.

 Jisoo got scared, the same was going to happen to the girl?

"I'll call the police" the girl took out a phone.

 The man cursed.

"Go get her for 's sake!"

 A man lauch himself at the girl. The girl seemed to be concentrated, when the man was close enough she flipped him to the floor.

 The girl's eyes opened in awe.

"The was that?" another man asked confused.

 Another man went to get her but the girl flipped him to the floor too.

"You should let them go, I think what you are doing is illegal"

 The man chuckled.

 Since both his men were down, he looked at the man who had been holding Jisoo.

"Just give her a good knockout and go after that one" he growled.

 Jisoo was terrified, he had been looking her way. She didn't like the idea of getting knocked out one bit.

"I'll say this again, you should let them go" the girl said again.

 Jisoo felt to the floor, she wanted to start running, she really did, but her legs seemed not to be working. She felt a few tears in her eyes, how the heck did she end up l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter