Chapter 4: No More Loneliness [2009 - 2010]

Seoul's Stragglers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Life is good with friends


 Since that time Jihyo had met Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, nights were never lonely again. 

 Jeongyeon had taken them to her friend's house, were Chaeyoung and her were staying. Jihyo was surprised when she found out he was really young to own a freaking apartment. That's it until they were introduced and it made a lot more sense to her.

"They'll stay here" Jeongyeon stated once a confused boy opened the door of an apartment.

"Uh... Who are they?" the boy had asked, his boy was deeper than expected.

"Some friends, are you going to move or what?" She asked annoyed pushing him away.

 She walked inside while gesturing the girls to do the same.

"Seokjin hyung isn't going to like this one bit" Jihyo heard him murmuring.

 When they had settled down on the table, which Jeongyeon had forced them to do before she started cooking, he walked over.

"Seems like your polite sister isn't going to introduce us, right Chaeyoungie?" the boy sat next to the little girl.

 Chaeyoung giggled making her dimples show. The boy smiled back, he had dimples too.

"I'll present them to you, Namjoon oppa!" the girl said cheerfully.

 The girl glanced at them before telling the boys their names, she also tried to remember their birth year which she succeeded.

"Kim Namjoon" he smiled when Chaeyoung was done "I'm sixteen, by the way"

 They started chatting while Jeongyeon cooked, ignoring them.

"How do you afford this Namjoon-ssi?" Jihyo asked curiously.

 Namjoon smiled.

"It's not actually my place, it's Seokjin hyung's, he's a student so his parents rented it so he isn't so far away from school, but I stay here, so does Jeongyeonnie over there and Chaeyoungie" he explained.

"I told you, not to call me that!" Jeongyeon finally spoke up.

 Namjoon sushed her.

"Keep quiet before hyung wakes up and kill us all for ruining his beauty sleep"

 Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"Oppa wouldn't kill a fly" 

 Jihyo was a little surprised when she heard her use the honorific, it was just a little weird hearing it from such a tough and mature looking girl. 

 Said girl was now making her way to the table with a big bowl of ramen and little cups pilled up on the other hand.

"Chaeyoungie bring the chopsticks"

 The little girl nodded, made her way to a furniture and opened a cupboard, she came back with chopsticks on her hands.

"Sorry it's not that much, this idiot over there" she glared at Namjoon "didn't go to the groseries store when I told him"

 Namjoon frowned.

"Hey, I'm older, you should respect your oppa, you know?" he said smuggly.

"Mianhaeyo, Namjoon-ssi" she smirked.

 Namjoon sighed but chuckled anyways. 

 Jihyo smiled. Nayeon and her felt a little uncomfortable being the only ones eating, along with Chaeyoung who had told Jeongyeon she was hungry. Jeongyeon noticed.

"You don't expect me to believe you aren't hungry, right?" she raised and eyebrow at Nayeon  and Jihyo.

 Nayeon blushed and giggled.

"It's weird, okay?" she murmured.

 Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"Just eat"

"Yah, you are so rude with your friends" Namjoon shook his head with a smile. 

 After Jeongyeon finally had managed to conviced them it was okay, saying that her food wasn't poisoned neither they'll get charged for eating which made the girls laugh, it was time for sleep. Jihyo was uncomfortable. Should they get going or what?

 She glanced at Nayeon who seemed to be asking herself the same thing. When Jeongyeon saw them both standing uncomfortable next to the table she smirked at them.

"Well, I guess it's time for us to say goodbye" 

 Her hand was placed on the table, her legs crossed, resting all her weight on her arm. Nayeon left out a little sigh, Jihyo stared at the floor. Jeongyeon suddendly laughed at them.

"Come on, you clowns, you'll sleep on our bedroom" she smiled and shook her head.

 From that day on Nayeon and Jihyo spent everynight there, however they felt bad for not being able to help in any way. They did offer to clean Jeongyeon's and Chaeyoung's room, which they were using too, but Jeongyeon refused saying she was way too much of a clean freak and liked to do it herself.

 There was this one time in which Nayeon and Jihyo had tried helping with the dinner. The problem being non of them had any experience, so they ended up making a total mess in the kitchen and over boiling the noodles. They tried to clean up fast, before Jeingyeon came to the kitchen, but luke wasn't exactly on their side that day.

 The front door opened and they heard a loud squeal.

"My kitchen! My poor kitchen! It was all pink and clean, now look at it!" the owner of the place starting yelling.

 He walked over to them, hands holding his hair, eyes opened wide.

"You even ruined the noodles, aigoo!"

 That made have caught Jeongyeon's interest because she made her way to where the noise was coming from. When she took in the scene she laughed her head off.

"Aigoo!" 

 She made her way to the table and grabbed some paper towels.

"Clean yourselves up, please" she kept on laughing while handing in the paper towels to the girls.

"We were trying to make dinner, but we don't really know how to cook" Nayeon blushed and bit her lower lip in embarrassment making her cheeks look bigger.

 Jihyo stared at the floor.

 Jeongyeon shook her head, finally managing to control her laughter.

"Please leave the cooking to Seokjin oppa and I, you can wash the dishes if you want" she told them still smilling.

 Jihyo loved those little moments even if they were embarrassing, it gave her a weird feeling of comfort and safety. She felt so thankful for Jeongyeon and her friends for actually allowing Nayeon and her to stay with them.

 Soon, they had met some of Seokjin's and Namjoon's friends, they were funny and kind, even if they look a tiny bit scary. Seokjin and Namjoon would usually leave at night to hangout with them, leaving the girls alone. It didn't bother them, in fact it they enjoyed it.

 It was one of those nights in which the boys had gone who knows were. Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo were watching a drama on TV. Nayeon and Jihyo were sitting on the couch, while Jeongyeon was sitting on the table's chair, resting her head over her arms which laid on the table.

 They were quiet, only sound coming from the TV and the usual comment of Nayeon about how handsome the actors were, Jihyo would agree sometimes others she'll tease the girl about her taste. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

 That's why when soft little sobbing could be heard from the room the girls shared it was perfectly heard by them. Instict kicked in, Jeongyeon was already up and on her way to the bedroom even before the two other girls could even process what they were hearing.

 When Jeongyeon walked inside the room she found her little sister tunggled in a mess of sheets and blankets. The girl was squirming all around the bed, taking a better look at the girl's face she noticed her eyes were tightly closed.

 Jeongyeon sighed, she wasn't really that good at the whole comforting thing she didn't like it one bit, but Chaeyoung was her soft spot, she'll do anything for the short girl. She sat down next to the girl's body and rested her hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"Chaeyoungie" she said softly, hoping maybe she'll wake up.

 It didn't work, Chaeyoung kept moving all around and started sobbing harder. When they heard the now loud sobs, Nayeon and Jihyo silently made their way to the bedroom's door, they stayed there staring curiously.

 Jeongyeon shook her sister just hard enough to wake her up, not enough to harm her. When Chaeyoung finally opened her eyes they were filled with tears, Jeongyeon smiled sympathetically at her before opening her arms, offering a hug.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung sobbed before launching herself at her sister's arms.

 She started crying harder, Jeongyeon held the girl tightly, rubbing her back with one hard, the other one holding her head to her chest while caressing her. She kissed the top of Chaeyoung head.

"It's okay Chaeyoungie" she whispered, but she knew it wasn't big help.

 The little girl held her sister even tighter, Jeongyeon's shirt was now damped with her tears, she managed to stop her tears, or at least reduce the sobbing.

"I miss them unnie" she said with a hoarse voice, aftermath of crying.

 Jeongyeon held her even tighter if that was possible.

"I know, I miss them too" 

 She allowed herself to rest her head on Chaeyoung's.

 Watching the scene from the door frame, Jihyo felt like crying, she glanced at her side and Nayeon's eyes were already teary. Nayeon held Jihyo's hand and led her to the living room.

"We should give them their space" she explained.

 Jihyo nodded.

 That scene was repated a couple of times the following days, until Jeongyeon decided she'll join Chaeyoung on her bed until she made sure the girl was absolutly asleep, she then would join the rest on the living room. Everytime the girls asked if Chaeyoung was okay Jeongyeon replied with a sad smile.

"She'll be okay, don't worry"

 That's all she ever said. The girls never told her they had seen them that night not wanting Jeongyeon to feel uncomfortable and specially not wanting to come out as weird creepers who would stay silently behind the wall and eavesdrop conversations.

 Nayeon noticed Jeongyeon didn't like to be seen being all soft and comforting, she wanted people to see her tough side, that's why Nayeon couldn't help but stare at Jeongyeon everytime Chaeyoung was around. The girl was her kryptonite and it was really cute. Of course Jeongyeon wouldn't spoil her but she treated in a very special way.

 Another thing that made Nayeon steal glances at Jeongyeon was when the girl cooked. She seemed to really like doing so, and the best part was that she was actually really good at it. There was this one time Nayeon was caught red handed, staring at the girl.

"What?" she asked annoyed.

 She didn't like people staring at her. 

"Mianhae" Nayeon murmured.

 She had blushed and looked away.

 Jeongyeon had rolled her eyes and kept cooking. The girl was really weird after all, she wouldn't mind it that much.

 Jeongyeon enoyed the company of the girls way more than she allowed herself to admit. It was a relief not being the only girl in the house, besides Chaeyoung of course. She didn't mind sharing the apparment with two boys, in fact it wasn't even her appartment so she couldn't and wouldn't complain. But having the girls around wasn't terrible.

 Namjoon was a good friend of hers, back when she met the girls she knew he wouldn't mind if she took them with her. He was kind-hearted and wouldn't allow Jeongyeon to just leave them to their own fate. Seokjin wouldn't either, even if the next morning he spent an hour complaining.

"When did my apparment turn into a freaking hotel?!" he yelled at Jeongyeon.

"Oppa, come on..." she tried to appeal to the boy's natural kindness.

 He left out a scream of frustration before poiting at Jeongyeon, his face red in anger. He then turned to Namjoon.

"I swear, you are going to start paying rent!" 

"Hyung, don't be like this..."

 He screamed again and pulled out his hair.

"I wake up and there are strangers at my home, how am I supposed to be like Namjoon-ah!"

 He then took a deep breath, closed his eyes, counted to ten. He opened his eyes and smiled brightly turning to the girls, his hand together.

"Hey there, you girls want breakfast?" he asked with a kind voice.

 Nayeon and Jihyo were too frightened to answer, they were holding each other's arms tighly.

 Chaeyoung always thought being able to live with your friends was an awesome idea... She wasn't wrong. If you wanted someone to have fun with, boom! You got a friend right there! You needed someone to go buy medicine because you are sick? Boom! Friends! What did bother Chaeyoung however was the fact that she was makne out of all of them. That meant she could choose a candy whenever they went to the grocery store, and she did get away from washing the dishes or tiding her bed, but still she was Jeongyeon's little sister so Jeongyeon treated her like so.

"It's past your bed time, kid! Come on, go to bed!" Jeongyeon yelled angrily at her.

 They had fought earlier, something about Jeongyeon always bothering Chaeyoung. Now, at nine o'clock at night, Chaeyoung didn't want to go to sleep, she wanted to stay with the older ones laughing at Seokjin's lame stories.

"You are not my mother, stop telling me what to do!" she yelled back.

 Jeongyeon's eyes were filled with angry tears. She walked towards the girl, Chaeyoung was about to flinch but stopped herself, standing as straight as she could to confront her sister.

 Before Jeongyeon could do something she'll regret later, Namjoon moved torwards here and held her tightly. Jeongyeon had groaned, pryed herself out of Namjoon's grip and walked back to the sofa.

"Come on" Namjoon told Chaeyoung, he nodded torwards the bedroom.

 Deciding it was better not to push her sister's bottoms she followed Namjoon. When she got the bedroom she jumped on her bed, arms crossed, pout on her face.
 Namjoon laughed.

"She's trying to take care of you Chaeyoungie" he said with a smile.

"I can take care of myself" she looked away.

 Namjoon chuckled.

"I'm sure you can, but Jeongyeon likes to think she has to take care of you"

 Chaeyoung left out a sigh.

"It's unfair oppa" she said wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter