Chapter 14: Meet & Rap [2016]

Seoul's Stragglers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 (1/2): Meet & Rap 

IMPORTANT: Chapter 14 is divided in 2 parts! Make sure to comment (if you want to) in the FIRST PART. Chrome App crashed when I went over 7K words per chapter. As soon as I can edit it I will (I need a computer for that tho). 

Also! University starts today, so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have, but I won't stop writing, don't worry!

Enjoy the chapter!

"Unnie, the other day I noticed something" Chaeyoung said.

 Dahyun and her were on the cafeteria. It was lunch break, and they had to regain energies before the next period.

"Hmm?" Dahyun hummed while chewing her food. 

 Chaeyoung stayed quiet for a moment. She finished writing the lyrics she had just thought of and looked at Dahyun with a smile.

"You look like tofu!" She chuckled.

 Dahyun coughed, almost choking on her food, she laughed.

"Yah!"

"It's true!" Chaeyoung laughed "You are pale as tofu and your face looks squishable, like tofu" 

 Dahyun chuckled and sipped some water from her bottle.

"What are you writing about?" Dahyun asked and nodded towards Chaeyoung's notebook.

"About stuff" Chaeyoung mumbled.

 Dahyu rolled her eyes.

"Don't you say?" She mocked "Stuff like what?"

 Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Just stuff"

 Dahyun groaned.

"You shouldd finish your lunch before-" the bell rang "Before that happened" she laughed.

 It was Chaeyoung's turn to groan. Dahyun laughed.

"What class do you have now?"  

 Chaeyoung groaned again, she threw her arms over the table and rested her head there.

"Science!" She whined "Sciene!"

 Dahyun laughed. She stood up and started gathering the trash. Then she walked over to Chaeyoung and tried to stand her up.

"Yah! You have class!" Dahyun scolded.

 Chaeyoung groaned again but stood up. They cleaned the table, grabbed their things and walked out of the cafeteria.

"I don't think I'll be able to stay awake for the night classes" Chaeyoung sighed.

 Dahyun chuckled.

"What time did you fall asleep at?" She asked. 

 Chaeyoung frowned thinking of the answer.

"Around three in the morning?" 

 Dahyun rolled her eyes and slapped her shoulder.

"Of course you're going to be sleepy then, pabo-yah!" 

 Chaeyoung laughed.

"I was busy writing"

"Writing lyrics isn't going to help you graduate, Chaeyoung-ah"

 Chaeyoung glared at the floor.

"You sound like my sister"

 Dahyun sighed.

"Well, she's right"    

 Chaeyoung glanced at her.

"But it's something I like, you like maths and science and weird stuff like that, so you have fun with it" she said with a hint of annoyance "In my case, I at those, I don't understand a thing and writing lyrics is like the only thing I'm good at" 

 Dahyun smiled bitterly.

 If only you knew...

​​​​ She glanced at her friend who was now staring at the floor. She linked their arms together.

"Yah, don't you dare get mad" she chuckle "You are good a lot of things, for example P.E, I don't think I've seen someone with short legs running so fast" she laughed.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung whined with a smile and slapped the girl's arm.

 Dahyun laughed.

"And you are good at drawing, you still owe me one by the way"

 Chaeyoung smiled shyly.

"I'm not that good" she said softly.

"I don't care, to me you are the Korean Piccaso, so you better draw something really awesome for me" 

 Chaeyoung laughed and Dahyun joined her.

"Unnie, have you thought about the competition I told you about?"

 Dahyun glanced at her with a sad face.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I already told you, I really can't go-"

 Chaeyoung shook her head.

"Aniyo, not that competition, I mean the ballet competition you are going to attend with me because you are a great best friend" she said with a begging smile, her dimples showing.

 Dahyun looked at her and laughed.

"I didn't tell my parents about it yet..." She explained "It's in school hours though" she sighed.

 Chaeyoung pulled her friend's arm.

"Please unnie!" She begged with pouty lips "I can't go there alone!"

 Dahyun sighed.

"Appa isn't really going to like the idea of me skiping hagwon" 

"Well, I mean, is not like Jeongyeon-unnie knows either" Chaeyoung murmured.

 Dahyun looked at her in panic.

"Yah! What do you mean?! You haven't ask for her permission yet?!" Dahyun yelled.

 Chaeyoung quickly covered and looked around.

"Yell it a little louder, Jupiter didn't catch the last part!" Chaeyoung hissed sarcastically.

 Dahyun her hand and Chaeyoung pulled it away with a disgusted look. 

"You really plan on skipping school and not telling your sister? What if something happens?! What if you suddendly end up in hospital or you need an adult because they won't let you go in alone, or wait, how are you even going to pay for it, besides once they notice you are gone they are going to call her anyways! Chaeyoung-ah, did you think this through-"

 Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, her cheeks puffed when she sighed heavily.

"Aigoo, unnie, calm down!" She begged and pulled the girl's arm. 

 Dahyun stopped and glanced at her.

"How do you expect me to calm down when you are just being reckless!"

 Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"Is not like I'm not going to tell anyone I'm going there" 

"Your friend who's competing doesn't count!" Dahyun scolded.

"I mean an adult! I'm going to tell Nayeon-unnie! Geez, calm down!"

 Dahyun glared at her suspiciously.

"How old is she?" 

"Older than my sister" Chaeyoung answered quickly, trying to end the little scolding her best friend was giving her.

 Dahyun sighed in defeat.

"Arasso"

 Chaeyoung turned to look at her friend. Dahyun looked at her. Chaeyoung tried her best to hide her smile.

"I'll try to think of something" she said "But I can't promise anything!"

 As soon as those words left , Chaeyoung launched over her and hugged her tighly.

"Thank you unnie, thank you so much!" She said happily.

"Yah! Yah! Our classes are going to start any minute now!" Dahyun scolded with a chuckle.

 Chaeyoung laughed and let go.

"Get to class before I change my mind" Dahyun joked and pointed the direction to the girl's classroom.

 Chaeyoung laughed and said goodbye before she walked to class as quickly as she could.

 She was three classrooms away when someone bumped against her.

 She turned around, ready to show how short, but powerfull she was. However her anger disappeared as soon as she saw the worry expression on her classmate's face, and how fast she was talking.

"Omo! I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry Chaeyoung-ah! I was just walking really fast because you know how much the teacher hates it when we are late and-"

"Woah there, Yerim-ah, breath" Chaeyoung chuckled "It's okay, don't worry"  

 Kim Yerim, Chaeyoung's classmate. They were... Friends? Maybe? Probably? They got along well with each other, then again who didn't get along with Yerim? The girl was a social butterfly who nobody could hate on. She always had this bright smile on her face, she was always positive and had this happy aura around her, not to mention how energetic she always was, even when it was night time and they were on their last period, Yerim managed to be as fresh as new. 

 Yerim smiled happily.

"Where you going to class too?" She asked.

 Chaeyoung nodded.

"Where else?" She chuckled.

 Yerim shrugged.

"Bathroom?"

 Chaeyoung shook her head and started walking, Yerim by her side.

"Did you finish the science activities?" Yerim asked.

 Chaeyoung shrugged.

"Kind of?" She smiled sheepishly "You?"

"I still have to finish number three and eleven, I didn't really understand them" she chuckled shyly.

 Chaeyoung glanced at her.

"You have seven and nine done?" 

 Yerim nodded.

"You pass me seven and nine, I'll pass you three and eleven" she offered with a serious expression.

 Yerim seemed to think about it.

"How did you understand them? You were dozing out the whole class" She asked playfully.

 Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly.

"That's why being friends with twelfth grade's Class President is useful for" she chuckled. 

 Yerim laughed.

"Ahh, Kim Dahyun-sunbaenim is really smart, isn't she?" 

 Chaeyoung laughed and nodded.

"So, deal?"

 Yerim laughed and offered her hand.

"Deal"

 Chaeyoung held her hand and shook it with a laugh.

"Yerim-ah! Chaeyoung-ah! The teacher is coming!" A boy yelled when he ran pass them.

 Chaeyoung glanced at Yerim.

"Chan-ah wait!" Yerim yelled at him.

 She grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and started running, dragging Chaeyoung with her.

-------o-------

"Jeongyeon-ah!" Jihyo said excitently when said girl crossed the door of the shop.

 It was a little surprising not hearing a honorific following her name when Jihyo called her. But to be fair, she had been the one who asked for it when they were coming back from the hospital.

 Jeongyeon had sent Seokjin off to his University. He refused but Jeongyeon finally convinced him when she told him she would call a cab. Only she didn't. 

 Jihyo didn't let her, so they took the subway.

"See? I told you I'm fine Jeongyeon-unnie" Jihyo smirked when half an hour had pass and she hadn't sneeze.

"Of course you are, you had medicine" Jeongyeon chuckled, then she glanced at Jihyo "Why do you keep on calling me unnie?"

 Jihyo looked at her surprised.

"Because you are older"

 Jeongyeon laughed.

"But I'm your friend"

 Jihyo smiled shyly.  

"You are"

"Then drop the honorific, Jihyo-yah" Jeongyeon smiled.

 Jihyo laughed and nodded.

"So I'm not longer your dongsaeng?" She asked, just to be sure.
 Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"You can be Nayeon-ssi's dongsaeng, from now on, you and I are chingus, end of discussion" she stated with a firm nod at the end.

"Arasso, Jeongyeon-ah" Jihyo laughed.

 Jeongyeon had laughed too.

"What are you doing here?" Jihyo asked cheerfully.
 Jeongyeon smiled. 

"Well, Chaeyoung-ah's competition is today, I thought it'll be nice to cook something tasty" she smiled sheepishly "But I kinda need some ingredients"

 Jihyo smiled back.

"Help yourself then, Nayeon-unnie is somewhere over there if you need anything" 

 Jeongyeon gave her a look, Jihyo smiled and shrugged. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and walked over to the vegetables section.

 Much to her luck, Nayeon was right there. She smiled when she noticed Jeongyeon's presence.

"Annyeong!" Nayeon greeted "what brings you here?" 

 Jeongyeon bowed a little as to greet the older girl back.  

"I'm going to prepare japchae for dinner, you know since Chaeyoungie competes today and stuff"

 Nayeon nodded with a smile.

"How about adding bap?" She suggested.

 Jeongyeon took her eyes off the vegetables and glanced at her.

"Japchae-bap? Sure" she shrugged and kept on looking for the right ingredient.

 Nayeon walked closer to her.

"What are you looking for?" She asked.

 Jeongyeon gulped and frowned a little when she noticed how close their arms were from touching.

"Spinach" she mumbled. 

 Nayeon glanced around the stand.

"Ah, there!" She said and pointed to the corner to the further right.

 Without giving it much thought, Jeongyeon moved her hand to the spinachs. However she froze when she felt Nayeon's hand touching hers. And she almost had a heart attack when she noticed how close they were from each other, her back almost touching Nayeon's chest.

 She pulled back, no vegetable in hand. Nayeon didn't seem to notice, if she did she didn't show it. She grabbed the spinach.

"This one is okay?" She asked.

 Jeongyeon gulped and nodded. Nayeon smiled and handed her the vegetable.

"Thanks" Jeongyeon said.

 Nayeon smiled in reply.

"Anything else you need?"

 Jeongyeon shook her head.

"Don't worry, I'll look for it"

 Nayeon chuckled.

"Is not worry, I can help you, that's my job" she smiled.

 Jeongyeon shook her head again.

"Really, I can do it alone"

 Nayeon rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Why are you always like this?"

 Jeongyeon frowned.

"Like what?" She asked harshly.

"Like this!" Nayeon said loudly and pointed at her with her hand "You always want to do things on your own and you never let me help, doesn't matter how nicely I ask!"

 Jeongyeon frowned.

"I don't need your help, that's why!"

 Nayeon frowned too.

"Then how about now, Yoo Jeong-I-Can't-Find-The-Spinaches-Yeon!"

 Jihyo shook her hand as she watched and heard both girls arguing over yet another stupid thing.

 Two days ago they seemed to be friends. Surely it was because she was sick and they knew her head was aching like hell, but how could they go from being nice and polite to each other to arguing over who could find the mushrooms faster.

 Because that's what they were doing now.

 Jihyo sighed and sat on her chair, elbows on the conveyer belt, chin rested on her hands while she watched two legal adults running all over the place trying to find the ingredients faster than the other one.

 Five minutes passed and she was praying their boss or worse, the owner, wouldn't appear anytime soon. It'll be difficult to explain the living rally-race the girls were making towards her, groceries held against their chests tighly.

 Jeongyeon reached her first and prettty much threw rice, mushrooms, spinach, two carrots, dangmyeon and sealed plate with meat in it

"Jihyo-yah don't you dare!" Nayeon yelled a few stands away, the package of dangmyeon was almost slipping from her grip.

 Jihyo looked at her, the same package on her hands. She checked the item without taking her eyes off her friend.

"Yah!" Nayeon whined.

 Jeongyeon smirked at Nayeon.

"I told you I didn't need your help" 

 Nayeon frowned.

"You were just lucky and besides you were closer to the cashier machine!"

 Jeongyeon opened her eyes wide and her jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Are you kidding?! We grabbed the same stuff! How was I closer?!"

 And so they started a new argument about how Jeongyeon was a cheater and Nayeon a bad loser.

 Jihyo closed her eyes, she pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily. 

"Could you two stop for a second?!" She finally said.
 Her voice was loud enough to shut both girls up.

"Thank you!" She said frustrated "Aigoo, one day of peace, jebal!" 

 Nayeon glanced at the floor while Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"It's her fault for being a big whining baby" she murmured.

"What did you say?!" Nayeon angrily asked.

 Jihyo groaned loudly. She checked all the items as quickly as she could, she put them in a bag and handed it to Jeongyeon.

"There, now go cook!" 

 Jeongyeon glared at Nayeon while she grabbed the bag and payed.

"Fine, but she's still a big whining baby"

 Before Nayeon could answer back, which Jihyo was sure she was going to do, the younger girl pushed Jeongyeon towards the door.

 When she left Jihyo turned to Nayeon.

"Really unnie?! Really?!" She asked, frustrated.

 Nayeon glanced at the floor, a tiny pout on her lips.

"What the heck, you two are always fighting over stupid things!" Jihyo scolded.

 Nayeon looked at her.

"Yah, why are you only telling me off, she was arguing too!" She whined.

"Because you are older!" Jihyo said back.

 Nayeon glared at the floor. Jihyo sighed, she walked around the conveyer belt and hugged Nayeon.

"Unnie, I really don't like it when you two fight" she said softly.

 Nayeon nodded.

"Chaeyoung-ah hates it too" Jihyo added.

 Nayeon nodded again.

"You act like a married couple" Jihyo teased with a blank expression.

 Nayeon nodded once again until she realized what Jihyo had said. She pushed the girl away. 

"Yah! What are you talking about?!" She asked defensively.

 Jihyo laughed.

"All I'm saying is you two are always bickering back and forth" she smiled sheepishly.

 Nayeon glared at her.

"Aigoo, don't take it too seriously unnie, I was just joking" Jihyo laughed.

 Nayeon rolles her eyes.

"Whatever" she murmured.

 Jihyo watched in amusement as Nayeon grabbed all the groceries on the conveyer belt and walked away.

----------o----------

​​​​​To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

​​​​​​Unnie!! n.n

​​​​​From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Annyeong! :)

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

You are going tonight?! :D

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Eong! :) Momo-unnie is coming with me! :)

​​​​​ Chaeyoung's smile dropped a little.

 Momo, Mina's sister who had yelled at her in all her in front of everyone. Momo, Mina's sister who was really scary. Momo, Mina's sister who Chaeyoung didn't exactly like one bit after she saw how sad Mina looked. Momo, Mina's sister who apparently was going to go to the rap competition.

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

What about Sana-ssi? Isn't she going to go? :P 

 Chaeyoung really hoped she didn't sound so uhm... Rude. But then again, they were just texting, it depended on how Mina interpreted her message.

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

She's kind of busy... It's a long story :S I'll talk to her if you want :)     

 Chaeyoung frowned a little, confused.

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Long story? Something wrong? :/

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Not realli but Momo-unnie is a little mad at her but nothing serious because they are laughin now... They are weird :p

​​​​​​ Chaeyoung frowned confused once again. She was starting to get a little worried about what was going on at Mina's home. 

"Chaeyoung-ah, help with the- what's with the face?" Nayeon asked amused.

 Chaeyoung covered the phone with her hand and glanced at her.

"Uhm, nothing, nothing, help you with what?" 

 Nayeon raised an eyebrow and started at her suspiciously.

"What?!" Chaeyoung asked uncomfortable.

"Who are you texting?" Nayeon asked cheekily.

 Chaeyoung felt her face heating up. She looked around the room anxiously.

"A friend, what do I help you with?" She asked once again.

 Nayeon chuckled, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Friend? Are you sure it isn't that kid from the other day? What was his name? Minj- Minyeo-"

"Unnie, what are you talking about?!" Chaeyoung asked embarrassed.

"Minhyung-ah!" Nayeon said excitedly and snapped her fingers.

"What?! No way! Stop it!" Chaeyoung said loudly, her whole body suddendly feeling really hot.

"Aww! Chaeyoung-ah is texting her boyfriend! Isn't that sweet!" Nayeon teased.

"Unnie!" 

"Boyfriend sweet, who?" Jeongyeon asked loudly from the kitchen.

 Chaeyoung gave Nayeon a warning look, which the older girl obviously ignored.

"Little Chaeyoung-ah is texting her boyfriend!" She yelled with a teasing smile.

"Andwae!" Chaeyoung whined loudly.

 Chaeyoung could hear Jihyo laughing and her sister's chuckles.

"Are you two planning your kissing spot Chaeyoungie?" Nayeon teased as she pinched the girl's cheek.

 Chaeyoung frowned she pushed Nayeon's hand away.

"Aniyo! She can't kiss anyone until she's married or something!" Jeongyeon yelled from the kitchen.

 Chaeyoung groaned, she hid her fave behind her hands.

"Yah! Don't be so boring, it's just a kiss, I'm not even talking about second base here!"

"Kill me now!" Chaeyoung groaned while her face became hotter and hotter.

 She heard Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo laughing and it didn't help one bit.

"Just remind him he should brush his teeth and take some mints before anything, thank me later" Nayeon winked at her.

 Chaeyoung groaned once again before grabbing Jeongyeon's phone and standing up. She started walking towards the bathroom with a frown on her face.

"Yah!" Nayeon laughed "Chaeyoung-ah come back!" She said while laughing.

 Chaeyoung ignored her and closed the door of the bathroom before locking it.

"Don't lock the door!" She heard Jeongyeon's faint yelling.

 Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and sighed. Ignoring her sister's words she rested her back against the wall and checked the phone.

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

I think she's going! :D and a friend... I guess? Anyways I'm going to see you rapping! ^-^ 

 Chaeyoung smiled at the screen. She re-read the last messages so she knew what they were talking about exactly, Nayeon's teasing outside had distracted her.

 She blushed when she remembered the eldest girl's words.

So annoying!

​​​​​​ She closed her eyes and sighed before she started typing.

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Sorry I answered late, people here are annoying -.- Mad about? O.o well I guess it's all good now right? Since she's going :P prepare yourself to be mind blown ;)

 She chuckle at her own words before she sent the message.

 While she waited for a reply, which took a while since, as Mina had told her, the girl wasn't used to texting and she struggled a little figuring out hangul, she washed her face.

 The cold water felr nice against her hot face. She sighed in content and wet her heck too. Finally she wet her hair and combed it with her fingers.

 She felt the phone vibrating and she smile, an anxious feeling on her stomach. She grabbed it and checked the screen.

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

I'll look forward to it ㅋㅋㅋ I guess they are all good now :P shouldn't you be practicing? ㅋㅋㅋ

 Chaeyoung smiled and chuckled.

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Practicing? Please, I'm a pro ;) 

​​​​​​ She hit send and quickly started typing again.

To: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Besides I've been practicing since Namjoon-oppa asked me if I wanted to participateㅋㅋㅋI'm all good :P I wrote the lyrics so I know them by heart, I think I could even rap them in my dreams

 She chuckled and sent it.

 Someone knocked on the door.

"Chaeyoungie, open the door~" 

"Nayeon-unnie, go away!" She groaned.

"It's not her, it's Jihyo-unnie, come on, open the door~"

 Chaeyoung sighed.  

"Aniyo, if I go out she's going to start bothering me again"

 She heard Jihyo chuckling.

"Ani, I already scolded her, she's helping Jeongyeon-ah in the kitchen"

 Chaeyoung frowned confused at the lack of honorific. Jihyo had been talking informally with her sister for the past two days. At the very begging she thought it was just a mistake, then it kept going and it made Chaeyoung a little confused. She made a mental note to ask her sister later.

 Her frown deepen when she realized Jihyo's words.

"Nayeon-unnie can't cook" she said confused.

"That's why I need you to open the door, now" Jihyo urged.

 Chaeyoung checked the phone once again and noticed Mina had sent a new message.

"Chaeyoung-ah, please, she's holding the knife backwards" Jihyo begged "Open, the, door!"

 Chaeyoung opened her eyes, amused. She opened the door quickly. She needed to see this.

"Aigoo! How?! How do you even-?! Aigoo! Give me that!" Jeongyeon said frustrated and pull the knife away from Nayeon's hands.

 Chaeyoung and Jihyo laughed.

"Help Nayeon-unnie set the table while I prepare kimchi" Jihyo chuckled and walked to the kitchen.

 Chaeyoung shook her head.

 Twenty one years old... Twenty one!

 They were already sitting down and waiting for the food when Chaeyoung remembered something important.

 She grabbed Jeongyeon's phone from her pocket.

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Alright then 'pro' :P Chaeyoung-ah you are going to be performing all night, right? Because I thought about it and I don't think we are going to have time to talk right? :/

 She read the message and felt her good mood disappearing. She was about to start typing when she noticed Mina had sent another message.

From: (CHAE) Ballerina-unnie

Never mind ㅋㅋㅋ it was a dumb questiom, you are going to be busi with your friends we can talk later :)

 That's when Chaeyoung felt this sickness in her stomach. She didn't exactly know why, but she felt bad.

 She could tell Mina was upset, it didn't take a genius to figure it out.

 She stood up from the chair, ignored Jeongyeon's calls and Nayeon's questions and locked herself in the bathroom again.

 Without thinking twice, she called Mina.  

 It took a while but finally the girl picked up the phone.

"Yoeboseyo?" Mina's voice asked tentatively through the line.

 Chaeyoung froze. She didn't know what to say exactly. She wasn't the kind of person to get nervous when she talked on the phone. What was up with that? But this time it felt different, and ahe kind of felt the need to apologize. So she did.

"Mianhaeyo Mina-unnie" she said.

"Uh?" She heard Mina asking, confused.

 Chaeyoung sighed in relief, she didn't sound mad.

"Mianhaeyo Mina-unnie" she repeated, this time less nervios "People here were being annoying, again, and I couldn't reply"

 She heard Mina chuckling. She smiled.

"That's okay, wait, are you in the bathroom? I can hear echo" 

 Chaeyoung chuckled sheepishly.

"Uhm... Yeah, I had to escape those annoying unnies somehow" she explained, her cheeks pink.

 Mina chuckled again and Chaeyoung wondered how it sounded so good through her sister's crappy old phone.

"Guess that makes two of us" she chuckled.

 Chaeyoung smiled.

"Why are you there?"  

"Because I had to escape the noise, our house isn't very big and Momo-unnie and Sana-unnie aren't exactly silent"

 Chaeyoung laughed.

"Are both of them going then?" She asked.

"Uh huh" Mina affirmed "And Sana-unnie's friend"

 Chaeyoung nodded and then remembered she was on the phone.

"Daekbak!" Chaeyoung said happily which made Mina laugh "I'm probably going to be behind the stage most of the time, but I can go with you while I wait for my turn"

 Mina sighed, which made her confirm the girl was upset. Chaeyoung gasped when an idea came to her mind.

"Or better yet, you can stay with me behind the stage, you can see me perform and all, what do you think?" Chaeyoung asked with a smile.

 Mina stayed quiet long enough to make Chaeyoung feel anxious all over again.

 She thought about checking rhe screen to see if the call had ended or not, but Mina spoke up.

"Isn't like were all this cool people are?" She asked softly.

 Chaeyoung smiled.

 The first time they met she had noticed Mina was really shy. It was weird because usually shy people didn't exactly like crows, but Mina didn't seem to mind them. Heck, the first time they met Mina was in the middle of a cypher, then she took her to the crowded bleachers and Mina seemed a little uncomfortable sure, but overall okay.

 Chaeyoung laughed.

"Not really" she chuckled "Besides most of the time I'm going to be next to you"

 Chaeyoung heard Mina's sigh and smiled.

"You thought I'll leave you all alone with people you don't know?" Chaeyoung asked amused, Mina laughed "But really, you like the idea?"

"I like it more than not talking to you at all" she said slowly.

 Chaeyoung smiled. 

"We're talking right now" she teased.

 Mina sighed.

"You know what I mean"

 Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Ne" 

 Someome knocked on the door.

"Chaeyoungie, are you okay?" Jeongyeon asked through the door.

 Chaeyoung cursed internally.

"Unnie, I have to go, see you there" she whispered.

 Mina chuckled.

"Sure" she mockingly whispered back "I'll text you when we get there"

 Chaeyoung smiled.

"Arasso, just wait for me and I'll look for you"

"Arasso... Annyeong" 

 Chaeyoung smiled.

"Annyeong"

 Mina hanged up the call and Chaeyoung sighed happily.

"Chaeyoung-ah?!" 

 Chaeyoung opened her eyes in shock.

"Ne, ne! Going!"

 She opened the door ans found a very worried looking Jeongyeon.

"Chaeyoung-ah?" She asked concerned "What happened? You ran off the table, something's wrong?"

 Chaeyoung shook her head and walked pass her sister.

"Aniyo, mianhaeyo, I just... Never mind, everything's fine" she assured and sat down.

 She noticed Jihyo and Nayeon were staring at her with the same worried expressions.

"Everything's okay, seriously" She said with a smile.

 Jeongyeon sat down and started serving the food, Nayeon smiled back and started putting soda in everyone's glass. Jihyo on the other hand kept staring at her, an eyebrow raised. 

 Chaeyoung smiled and raised an eyebrow back. Jihyo chuckled and smiled back, she raised her other eyebrow. Chaeyoung tried to imitate her but couldn't, which made Jihyo laugh. Chaeyoung laughed too and crossed her eyes, then looked at Jihyo. The older girl laughed and did the same.

"What are you two doing?" Jeongyeon asked amused.

 Jihyo stopped and smiled innocently, she glanced at Chaeyoung who smiled shyly, then back at Jeongyeon.

"Nothing!" She yelped.

 Nayeon laughed softly and shook her head.

 They started eating quietly and Chaeyoung's mood started going down.

 Regardless of what she told Mina, she was a nervous wreck. She wasn't exactly confident in her skills since she hadn't show anybody her rap, besides Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Nayeon, Jeongyeon sometimes and Jihyo, those few times she caught her practicing and Chaeyoung would stand there embarrassed.

 She couldn't make herself eat, a sick feeling in her stomach making her nauseous.

 Of course, Jeongyeon being the extremely overprotective and responsable older sister she was, noticed.

"Yah, what's wrong? You look like you just failed the University entry exam" She joked.

 Chaeyoung didn't look up.

 Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon worriedly. The younger girl shook her head slyly, trying to tell her not to worry.

"Is not that boyfriend of yours, right? Because I really don't feel like sending someone to hospital this late at night" she tried again.

 Chaeyoung frowned, trying not ignore her sister's words, but she couldn't stop her chuckle.

 Jeongyeon smirked triumphantly.

"Right, so is that a yes or a no? If it's really necessary I can make an exception, just tell me so I can start warming up"

 Chaeyoung laughed frustrated.

"Aniyo!" She whined while laughing.

 Jeongyeon chuckled.

"What's up Chaeyoungie?" She asked seriously, a gentle smile on her face.

 Once again, Nayeon had the privilege to witness a side of Jeongyeon she really liked. Her favorite side, actually.

 Jeongyeon's caring side, specially when it came to Chaeyoung.

 Nayeon loved the short girl with all her heart, she consider her her own little sister, but she knew no matter how much she cared about her, it could never compete with how much Jeongyeon did.

 She had seen Jeongyeon flip (literally, they ended on the floor and all) kids around for Chaeyoung, and she was sure she wouldn't hesitate to give anyone a good beating if they messed with her younger sister.

 And Nayeon really liked that overprotective, sisterly side of Jeongyeon, because it proved that behind all that toughness, annoying chick girl façade, there was a loving, gentle girl who became all soft when it came to her younger sister.

 It was really heartwarming to watch.

 Jihyo started at her friend as a smile grew on her face. Her eyes followed the girl's sight. 

 She frowned slyly confused when she noticed Nayeon was staring directly at Jeongyeon, the girl who she endlessly had fights with.

 She stepped on the girl's foot softly. Nayeon whined silently and glared at her.

 Before she could say anything, because Nayeon just couldn't be quiet, Jihyo smirked and nodded towards Jeongyeon with a suspicios look.

 Nayeon frowned, she was angry. Her face blushed furiously, she could feel the heat and she cursed being so pale. She shook her head and glared at Jihyo.

 Jihyo chuckled silently and shrugged, she raised her hands a little, in surrender.

 Nayeon rolled her eyes.

 She wasn't staring at Jeongyeon. Of course she wasn't, she was just thinking. She space out and just by mere coincidence her head was facing Jeongyeon. That was it.

 Jeongyeon had tried to make her sister talk, but she kept on refusing.

 The funny part was that Chaeyoung honestly believed Jeongyeon didn't know what was wrong.

 Navï kid 

"You are nervous" she stated "Don't deny it because I can see it all over your face"

 Chaeyoung froze for a second but kept on eating.

 Jeongyeon smiled and took a bite of her own meal.

"You shouldn't be, you are going to do great" she said and sipped some soda from her glass.

 Chaeyoung still didn't say anything, she just frowned.

"Besides, I' been hearing you repeat the same phrases over and over every night, if you don't remember it by now, I'm taking you to a doctor, there's no way you forget it" she said with a blank expression "Heck, even I know them by now!"

 That made Chaeyoung crack. She laughed.

 Jeongyeon smiled, and so did Nayeon and Jihyo.

"You should show us Yoo Jeongyeon-ah's incredible rapping skills" Nayeon couldn't help but tease.

 Jeongyeon glared at her, Nayeon smiled sheepishly.

"She's right!" Jihyo agreed playfully.

"You two?!" 

 Jeongyeon's glare moved to Jihyo, who laughed.

"Jungkook-oppa heard you rapping, I want to hear you rapping too!" Chaeyoung said excitedly, her good mood back.

 Jeongyeon turned around and glared at her playfully.

"Weren't you emo like a minute ago?" She teased with fake annoyance.

 Chaeyoung laughed and smiled at her.

"Please unnie!" She begged with a dimpled smile.

 Jeongyeon laughed and sighed.

"Arasso, arasso, but this stays here" she warned.

 They laughed but nodded.

"Right, let me concentrate" Jeongyeon said with a serious expression.

 Nayeon swore to every existent God out there, she had never. Never. Ever. Seen Jeongyeon doing something remotely close to what she was watching her do now.

 Jeongyeon had closen her eyes, relaxed, joined her middle finger and thumb together —both hands, as if she was meditating... And then opened her eyes all of the sudden and moved her hands from above her head to her stomach, while saying weird words that Nayeon doubted were Korean.

 Jihyo wasn't exactly sure what her friend was doing, and it took her a minute or two to understand, but when she heard Chaeyoung's laughter, her bright smile and just how happy she was, she understood. Jihyo laughed along, a heartwarming feeling invading her.

"Yo! Yo! Yo!" Jeongyeon said loudly, doing her best imitation of a typical American rapper and using her fingers to make overly exaggerated 'hip-hop' gestures which she had seen Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi done many times "Yo! This is Jeongyeon!"

 Chaeyoung couldn't help but shake her head at her sister's hilarious behavior. No complains though, she had long forgotten her nerves and was feeling a whole lot more relaxed.

"Jeongyeon that rhymes with neon! Neon that rhymes with Nayeon! Nayeon that rhymes with... Uh... Jeongyeon! Jeongyeon who doesn't rhyme with anything but on! On and off, Jeongyeon out!" She rapped at a very slow pace so she had time to think.

 When she was done she crossed her arms over her chest and bobbed her head up and down with a serious and 'cool' expression.  

 Chaeyoung couldn't stop laughing. Neither could Nayeon and Jihyo who had tears on their eyes.

"Aigoo unnie, please don't do that ever again!" Chaeyoung begged in between laughs.

 Jeongyeon laughed too, embarrassed.

"What are you talking about? Please do thay again!" Nayeon asked while trying to control her laughter.

 Jeongyeon glanced at her and gave her a warning look, Nayeon glared at her playfully. Jeongyeon wiggled her head in mockery and smiled at her.

 Jeongyeon blamed the good mood in the room for it. Nayeon couldn't believe she had lived so long without seeing Jeongyeon's smile directed to her. 

 Or maybe it was the first time she actually paid attention to it.

 Nayeon's shy smile didn't go unnoticed by Jihyo, neither did their previous interaction, which made Jihyo smile as well.

-------o-------

 They were done eating when Chaeyoung heard loud, really loud knocks on the door and wondered who the heck was so out of their own mind to be so loud at night. Specially this late at night.

"Aigoo! I told them not to do that!" Jeongyeon groaned loudly.

 The knocking kept on going.

"Chaeyoung-ah, pali, help me here" Nayeon said while she grabbed their bowls from the table.

 Chaeyoung nodded and quickly started helping.

 As soon as Jeongyeon opened the door, she pretty much had jumped out of the way.

"Yah! The neighbors! I have neighbors! They don't appreciate your loud--knocking!" Jeongyeon yelled at their guests.

 Namjoon laughed.

"Lighten up Jeongyeonie" he said and shook her shoulder affectionately.

 She frowned at her and closed the door.

"Yah! Yah! The coach!" She yelled at Jimin and Taehyung who seemed to think a bouncing competition was a good idea.

 She paid closer attention to the bags Hoseok and Jungkook were taking to the table.

"What the-?! Namjoom-ssi what the heck is that?!" She asked loudly when she was sure she saw the glimpse of a can of beer.

 Nayeon and Jihyo greeted everybody with a bow, while Chaeyoung screamed in happiness and launched herself at them.

"Namjoon-oppa!" She said happily while hugging the older boy.

 He laughed.

"Hey there small, you ready for tonight?"

 Chaeyoung pulled away and nodded.

"Good, because I made some minor changes to the beats I gave you" Yoongi said while he walked towards the coach.

 Taehyung and Jimin stared at him.

"Move" he grumpily said.

 The boys obeyed. Yoongi sat down and opened his backpack and took out his laptop.

"Changes? What do you mean by changes?" Chaeyoung asked, low-key nervous, high-key in panic.

"Why I'm not receiving a hug?!" Seokjin complained with a frown.

 Chaeyoung turned to look at him and smiled. She ran towards him and hugged him as tighly as she could.

"All right, air, kid, I need it" he said out of breath.

 Chaeyoung let go and both laughed.

"Ready to slay tonight?" He asked excitedly.

 Chaeyoung smiled shyly and nodded, Seokjin smiled back amd ruffled her hair.

"Noona, can I look for something to drink, I'm dying" Jungkook asked Jeongyeon with a sheepish smile.

 Jeongyeon looked at him and nodded amused.

"Thank you!" He said happily and moved to the fridge.

"There's soda!" Nayeon told him.

"Thanks!" Jungkook said back.

"Kid, come over here!" Yoongi called Chaeyoung over while patting the spot next to him.

 Chaeyoung threw herself next to him which made his body move.

"Yah" he said playfully. 

 Chaeyoung chuckled innocently.

"Explain to me again why is there like my rent worth of alcohol on the table?" Jeongyeon asked with a frown.

 Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Stop exaggerating, it's just a stack" he said "We're taking it to the competition, thought you may want to take a drink or two" he chuckled.

 Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

 She knew she had nothing to do with Namjoon's idea of bringing beer, because she was sure it just had to be. She wasn't exactly an alcohol lover, she hadn't even tried it that many times, so Namjoon had brought it along just because he wanted to.

"Sure" She said sarcastically.

 If Chaeyoung had been scared, now she was terrified.

"What you think?" Yoongi asked when the beat stopped.

 Chaeyoung's eyes were wide opened.

"Where's the one I'm going to use tonight?" She asked nerviously.  

 She really hoped with all her might this was a new beat Yoongi was showing her, and not the one she needed to use tonight because it sounded completely different to what she had been practicing with.

 And she didn't even want to think about the second one he had prepared, but that didn't matter that much, she would only need it if she was in the final, which she really doubted would happen.

 Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"The one you just heard" he murmured while he kept on clicking on his wireless mouse.

 Chaeyoung cursed internally.

 Well, , I'm screwed

"Oppa, can't I use the other one?" She begged.

 Yoongi glanced at her.

"This one?" He asked.

 Chaeyoung heard a few clicks before another beat started. She shook her head.  

"Aniyo, I mean the one- woah this sounds great" she said in awe.

 Yoongi smiled smugly.

"Of course kid, I made it" 

"Hyung! What about me? You don't plan on saying I helped you with that one?" Namjoon asked from the table.

 Yoongi rolled his eyes.

 Chaeyoung was sure she was going to have a heart attack any moment now. Like being nervous wasn't enough, now she felt a pang of guilt.

 They had made two beats specially for her, for tonight, for her competition. And here she was being a coward idiot who got scared of a few extra snares, some hi-hats going crazy in the background and a couple of weird (but cool) synthesizers on the melody.

 She sighed loudly, her head now resting on her head.

 Nayeon had been watching her favorite dongsaeng with a smile, until she noticed Chaeyoung wasn't feeling good at all.

"Jeongyeon-ah" she called softly, almost in a whisper.

 Jeongyeon glanced at Nayeon who nodded towards Chaeyoung. She looked at her sister who looked so small and fragile it made her regret not saying no when Namjoon asked her if her sister could participate.

"Chaeyoung-ah, what's wrong?" She asked loudly.

 Chaeyoung had never looked at her sister so quickly in her whole life, she was afraid her neck would break from how fast she lifted her head from her hands.

"Nothing" she answered quickly "All good"

 Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow.

"Mind explaining why you look like you are about to cry a river any moment now?" 

 Her intention was to make Chaeyoung smile, maybe even make the girl a little angry, annoy her enough she'll go back to her confident, fearless self. But when she saw tears coming out of Chaeyoung's eyes she cursed herself.

"Yah, I didn't-" she said softly.

 Chaeyoung, who really hated crying and hated with all her heart crying in front of people, stood up from the coach and rushed to the bathroom, which seemed to be her favorite place tonight.

 Or at least that was her plan until Nayeon stood in the middle of her way.

"And where do you think you are going now?" Nayeon asked with a smile.

 Chaeyoung glanced at the floor and tried to walk pass her.

 Too bad Nayeon was having none of it. She held the younger girl tighly when she tried to dodge her.

 Chaeyoung whined.

"Yah" Nayeon laughed "What's up with you tonight?"

 Chaeyoung groaned again and Nayeon waited some kind of harsh comment on how annoying she was, she was Jeongyeon's sister after all. But it never came, instead Chaeyoung had her tighly and hid her face on her chest.

 Nayeon hugged her back and looked at Jeongyeon who seemed as confused as her. Jeongyeon shrugged. Nayeon frowned worriedly.

"Unnie I can't do it" Chaeyoung murmured.

 Nayeon smiled.

 So that's what this is about

 She patted the girl's back and pulled back from the hug.

"It seems like someone needs a little confidence boost" She chuckled.

 Jihyo would have laughed at how relieved everyone's faces looked, if she hasn't felt as relief as them. Chaeyoung was just nervious, that was okay. They could handle nervous.

 Chaeyoung shifted her weight from one feet to another.

"Yah, my face is up here, and it's really pretty, so you should probably look at me" Nayeon joked with a smile om her face.

 Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

 Chaeyoung chuckled and slowly lifted her head.

"That wasn't so hard right?" Nayeon teased.

 Chaeyoung smiled and rolled her eyes.

"So, what's the matter? Because behind you everybody is worried sick" Nayeon asked with a soft laugh at the end.

 Chaeyoung hesitated but turned around and glanced at them. They did look worried, and that didn't make her feel any better.

"Joesonghaeyo" she said softly.

"It's okay kid" Seokjin assured with a smile.

 Chaeyoung smiled back.

"Yah, it's okay to be nervous, you know?" Namjoon adedd softly.

 Chaeyoung glanced at the floor and nodded.

"I just... I thought I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter