Chapter 17: The Dinner

Seoul's Stragglers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: “The Dinner”

 

Mina wondered if it was too late to tell the teacher, Kim Bo-kyung, she didn't want to compete.

But she knew it was. It was way too late. The competition was three days away, they had all the choreographies planned. Besides, she and a classmate were going to compete as a couple.

And that was exactly why she didn't want to perform at all.

Everything was fine, she was happy and excited about the competition, until her teacher had the brightest idea ever: modify the choreography. To be more specific, the last part of it.

In the original choreography, which Mina loved, her and Moon Jongup, her partner, were supposed to end looking away from each other. But the teacher thought the judges, and the audience in general, would prefer if they were closer in the ending pose.

Mina didn't mind the idea until she realized just how close their teacher wanted them to be.

She could feel Jongup's breath on her lips! Call her crazy, but that was way too close for her liking.

She didn't want to be that close to him.

Or anyone.

No, that was a lie.

She did want to be that close to someone.

The thought made her blush.

"Mina-yah!"

As soon as she heard her name she shook her head trying to push her thoughts away.

It was annoying, the more she tried to get Chaeyoung out of her head, the less it worked.

---------o---------

“No, wait! San- Crap, that feels so good” Tzuyu moaned as her body relaxed.

Sana giggled.

“I told you, now relax and let me do all the job” she whispered next to the younger girl’s ear.

“Hmm, okay just, don’t do it too hard please, your fingers kind of hurt”

Sana rolled her eyes and chuckle.

“You are such a cry baby, you’ll love it, stop whining”

“I swear, if you- Ah!” Tzuyu moaned again.

“Did it hurt?” Sana asked, concerned.

“Kinda”

“Sorry, gorgeous” Sana said while she leaned forward, then she kissed Tzuyu’s cheek.

“Yeah, yeah, just don’t break my back, please”

Sana laughed and kept on massaging Tzuyu’s shoulders.

“You think I’ll do that?”

“You are doing it already”

Sana laughed again. She stopped massaging the girl’s shoulder and let her body rest on her back.

“Unnie!” Tzuyu whined.

“What? You were complaining” Sana giggled while she hugged Tzuyu’s body closer to hers.

The younger girl groaned and with a strength Sana didn’t know she had, Tzuyu somehow managed to flip Sana around and end up hovering over her.

“You were complaining” Tzuyu mocked.

Sana laughed and smiled at the girl.

“You’re gorgeous” she said.

She saw Tzuyu’s cheeks turning pink, which made her smile even more. She used both hands to cup the girl’s face, she pulled her closer until their lips met.

Sana felt Tzuyu’s smile, which made her smile too. She also felt Tzuyu’s body weight suddenly over her. Without even thinking about it, her arms moved to the girl’s waist, pulling her even closer, while little by little Sana could feel their kiss becoming more intense.

Sana thought it was almost cute how Tzuyu hesitated to deepen the kiss. She was slowly opening more and more, but still Sana could tell she was a little lost. And Sana was more than happy to guide her.

She softly on Tzuyu’s lower lip, which to her delight made the girl moan. Sana smirked proudly.

“Liked that?” she whispered.

To her surprise, Tzuyu didn’t answer, instead, she bit on Sana’s lower lip. She managed to stop herself from , however as soon as her tongue touched Tzuyu’s she couldn’t help it.

Her hands moved without her noticing, and before she knew it her fingers were touching the girl’s warm body, rubbing circles across her lower back, keeping her in place in case she had the crazy idea of moving away.

Tzuyu moaned once again and something inside Sana switched on.

This wasn’t new to her, she knew what would happen next. She had experience, she knew what would happen. Her body was aching for it to happen.

She felt Tzuyu’s hand moving and next thing she knew, she was resting over her , maybe too shy to do anything else.

Usually, she wouldn’t say anything and she’ll just go with the flow, but somehow this time it was different. She pulled away just enough to stare right into Tzuyu’s eyes.

“Babe” she said while panting heavily, out of breath.

Tzuyu only stared at her, wet lips slyly opened, eyes darker than usual, her breath hitting Sana’s lips.

----------o----------

Momo wondered why on Earth was her timing so bad. It wasn’t the first time this happened and she was getting tired of it. She was now more than convinced they had to have three phones rather than just two.

Maybe that way Sana could give her a heads up or something, because walking in on her and whoever she was doing-the-do with.

She thanked whoever invented Jokbal that Sana and Tzuyu still had clothes on. They even had the decency to jump apart from each other. Literally jump apart, Tzuyu looked so startled Momo was surprised she hadn’t jumped off the window.

“Momo-chan!” Sana said with fake happiness.

Momo found it hard to answer.

She knew something was going on between Sana and Tzuyu, she didn’t know how it started or when, but there was something. Sana was horrible at being subtle and Tzuyu didn’t seem to want to hide anything going on between them… But still it was a little shocking.

Momo had seen Sana going out with a lot of people. A lot of people. She had also seen a lot more than she would have wanted, which made her wonder why the heck Sana didn’t have a phone yet. Her eyes would have been extremely grateful.

“I guess I’ll come back later” she finally said.

Momo was about to walk through the door when she felt Sana pulling her inside.

“Wait, wait, I’m sorry” Sana apologized in Japanese.

Momo had a tiny panic attack when she realized Sana’s hand was on her arm. Hand that could have been somewhere in which Momo didn’t want to know. Without even wanting to, she pushed Sana’s hands away.

“Momo-san, I’m really sorry” Sana apologized once again, this time her voice cracked.

Momo automatically forgot why she wanted to walk out in the first place, she turned around and grabbed the girl’s hands.

“Hey, I’m sorry… I was just a little shocked”

Sana looked at her, those big, round, brown eyes which more than once had gotten them free candies from stores when they were younger.

“I should have told you…”

“That you would be needing the house today? Yes, next time please do” Momo chuckled.

Sana stared at her, confused.

“I meant, I should have told you about me and-“

Momo rolled her eyes.

“Sana-chan, come on, I’m not blind”

“Oh”

“Neither is Mina-chan”

“Double oh” Sana pouted.

Momo laughed at her. She took a quick glance to her left and found an extremely uncomfortable looking Tzuyu. She had never seen someone’s face so red. She chuckled.

“Yah, Tzuyu-yah” she called.

Tzuyu looked at her for half a second before her eyes moved away, avoiding eye contact.

“N-ne?”

“Sorry for ruining your little moment here”

“Yah” Sana yelled next to her, she slapped Momo’s arm. Hard.

Momo laughed.

“Where were you anyways?” Sana asked, a mischievous smirk suddenly on her face “Seeing someone?”

Momo roller her eyes once again.

Sana didn’t waste any opportunity to about her non-existence romantic life, or life, or whatever life.

“No, so you can drop that smile” Momo groaned.

Sana frowned playfully at her.

“I bought some groceries”

“Oh, what for?”

Momo smiled.

“You know how Mina-chan has been extreeeemly nervous and stressed out about the Ballet Competition?”

Sana nodded.

“Well, I thought we could cook something for her, something she really likes, maybe it’ll cheer her up a little, don’t you think?”

Sana’s face lit up, her eyes wide opened and a bright smile on her face. She started clapping and nodding.

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Momo chuckled.

“Okay, so, help me get this off the bag and we’ll get started”

Sana nodded yet again.

Momo moved the bags to the table, when she turned around, she blushed. Once again, her timing was the worse.

Sana couldn’t choose another moment to get all clingy with Tzuyu. Of course, Sana was clingy with everybody, but Momo kind of hoped she wouldn’t have to witness just how clingy she could get.

She kind of hoped she didn’t have to see them kissing.

It was kind of cute though.

It was just a short peck on the lips, so Momo stopped freaking out and smiled. It was the first time she had witnessed Sana giving someone a quick kiss on the lips. Usually she had the displeasure of watching her make out with whoever appeared in front of her at parties.

“Yah, lovebirds, are you two going to keep it going, or are you going to help?”

Momo saw Tzuyu’s cheeks turning bright red once again, which made her chuckled. Sana, on the other hand, smiled happily at her. She hugged Tzuyu and kissed the girl’s cheek before standing up and walking towards the table.

“You are just jealous” Sana stuck her tongue out.

Momo stuck her tongue too and both end up laughing, Tzuyu shyly joining them.

----------o----------

From: Chaeng :3

Mina-ssi~ Are you busy?

Mina smiled as soon as she saw the message. Chaeyoung had changed her phone, which meant her number changed too, which meant Mina choose a new game for her. Her excuse for this new nickname was that Chaeyoung was too long and Chaeng was shorter… And maybe, just maybe she was dying to call Chaeyoung like that. But is not like that was the truth. Not at all.

To: Chaeng :3

Annyeong ^-^ Yes… I’m practicing for the competition ☹

From: Chaeng :3

Oww ☹ What time do you get out?

Mina froze in place. She felt her heart beating like crazy. Were her eyes fooling her? She re-read the message, her face suddenly feeling hot.

“Mina-yah, are you okay?” she heard one of her classmates.

She quickly nodded.

“Yeah, yeah”

To: Chaeng :3

In 40 mins more :/

From: Chaeng :3

You know the address?

Mina thought for a second… she didn’t know. She looked around and found Cheng Xiao, her classmate, stretching near her.

“Xiao-ssi” She said shyly.

The girl turned to look at her.

“Uhm… do you know the address of this place?”

Xiao nodded with a smile.

“Could you please type it here?” Mina asked and showed her the phone.

“Sure” Xiao smiled at her.

Mina thanked her, added a smiley face to the text and sent it, her heart pounding extremely fast.

From: Chaeng :3

Hehe, I know where that is ^-^ Guess I’ll give you a surprise… maybe ;P

She found herself not even paying attention to what movements she was making. She just wanted those forty minutes to pass by quickly. The reason? Well, she wouldn’t fool herself and try to deny how much she liked being around Chaeyoung, or talking to her, or thinking about her. Basically, she liked Chaeyoung in general.

However, she was sure it was just a “I like spending time with my friend” kind of liking. Okay, fine, she wasn’t so sure about it.

She kind of feared it would be another kind of liking, but she wasn’t sure how that felt so she couldn’t be sure if it was that kind of liking or the other type of liking.

It was confusing, but Mina could live with that, especially if she was going to probably see Chaeyoung in a while.

When the teacher finally said goodbye to them, Mina pretty much ran away from the classroom and rushed down the stairs, almost hitting the front door and once she was outside, her heart stopped, a huge smile making her way to her face.

“Hey” Chaeyoung greeted with a dimpled smile.

Mina fought the impulse to hug the girl. She looked absolutely… chick and somehow managed to look extremely cute as well. How she managed to do that? No idea, but her cute face and those black boots and dark jean, along with the black jacket she was wearing was doing thing to Mina. Things she didn’t even know could happen to her.

“Hey” she said back.

“So, here’s where you practice” Chaeyoung nodded towards the building.

Mina giggled nervously and nodded.

“Ne, this is the place”

Chaeyoung groaned, and Mina hated herself, what had she done?

“Unnie, for the last time, I’m younger, no need to use formal speech!”

Mina froze in place, she noticed something that made her blush.

“You just called me unnie” she said.

Chaeyoung looked at her, eyes wide open.

“Ne… I did”

“You never called me like that before” Mina continued, now a tiny smile appearing on her face.

Mina swore she saw Chaeyoung blushing. The girl rolled her eyes and groaned.

“Well, you are older…” she mumbled.

Mina chuckled and smiled. She kept on smiling even though an uncomfortable silence came over them. She played with her fingers, crossing them and uncrossing them just to find something to do and not become even more nervous than she was. When she caught a glimpse of Chaeyoung, the girl was staring right at her. Mina bit her lower lip, Chaeyoung was staring at her.

She started wondering what she should do. Maybe Chaeyoung was waiting for Mina to say something. Maybe she regretted coming all the way over to the academy. Maybe she wanted to go already. Maybe she got mad.

Before Mina could keep on thinking about the hundreds and hundreds of “maybe’s”, Chaeyoung spoke’s voice stopped her.

“Unnie”

Mina blinked a few times before looking at the girl.

“Huh?”

“Wanna go for a walk?” Chaeyoung asked and Mina swore she heard her voice shaking.

She tried her best not to smile like a fool, she’d like to think she succeeded.

“Sure” Mina nodded happily.

They started walking away from the academy in silence, which kind of made Mina nervous. Not only because the silence was becoming more and more awkward, but Mina had told Momo she’ll go home as soon as she got out from practice… Which she wasn’t doing.

She thought about sending her a message or something, just to make sure neither Momo nor Sana would get worried. She was about to take her phone out of her pocket when she felt a hand on her own.

Mina blushed.

She looked to her right, rather abruptly. Chaeyoung noticed, Mina felt the girl letting go of her hand, but before she did it Mina tighten her grip.

She saw Chaeyoung smiling through the corner of her eye, Mina smiled too.

They kept on walking a few blocks, now a comfortable silence around them. Thankfully the few people walking near them didn’t seem to notice or mind how close they were, or how they were holding hands. Mina wondered why she felt so relieved by it.

Two more blocks and Mina couldn’t keep up with the silence. She was usually a quiet person, she didn’t talk a lot, but whenever she was with Chaeyoung they usually spoke a lot. That’s why she took a deep breath, noticing how her body shivered and how hot her face was feeling, before speaking.

“Chaeyoung-ah”

“Hmm?”

“You just got out from school?” Mina asked the first thing that came to her mind.

Chaeyoung nodded.

“Ne”

Mina nodded too.

“Oh… So, why…?” She struggled to keep talking “You know, why-?”

Chaeyoung chuckled.

“Why did I come here?”

“Yeah” Mina nodded.

Chaeyoung shrugged.

“I wanted to see you”

Mina bit her lower lip trying to stop the huge smile that wanted to appear on her face. She wondered if her cheeks could turn even more red.

“Your sister knows you came here?”

Mina laughed when Chaeyoung suddenly stopped on her track. Their hands still holding each other.

“Crap! I totally forgot!” Chaeyoung groaned “She’s going to be pissed”

Mina chuckled and Chaeyoung frowned at her.

“Don’t laugh!” she whined, a smile appearing on her face.

“Mianhe” Mina chuckled.

Chaeyoung shook her head and laughed too, she took her phone out of her pocket.

“Give me a minute” she said before finally letting go of Mina’s hand and typing a quick text.

Mina’s hand felt cold. Extremely cold. She was already missing Chaeyoung’s hand’s warm.

“Done” Chaeyoung said and quickly put her phone back inside her pocket.

Her hand was now hanging next to her and Mina couldn’t stop staring at it.

She thought it was stupid, she wanted to hold the girl’s hand but was too afraid to do it. But they had been holding hands literally less than a minute ago. She knew that if she took too long and didn’t make a move soon, she wouldn’t be able to hold Chaeyoung’s hand any time soon, but at the same time she didn’t want to grab it out of nowhere.

But Mina was a smart girl. She bit her lower lip, hiding a smile.

“I’m so cold” she said, exaggerating her statement by shaking her body.

Almost automatically, Chaeyoung moved closer to her and held her hand, but this time she used her coat’s pocket to keep both hands warm. Mina blushed once again.

“Don’t you dare catch a cold, I wanna see you compete” Chaeyoung murmured, almost sounding embarrassed.

Mina chuckled.

“Did you tell your sister?”

“Not really… But don’t worry I’ll be there”

Mina smiled, but it quickly dropped when realization hit her.

“Aigoo! Chaeyoung-ah! Don’t you have classes that day?”

Chaeyoung stayed quiet, which Mina didn’t like one bit.

“Yah!”

“I told you, I’ll be there” the girl said softly.

Mina frowned.

“You can’t skip school!”

“Why not? I go every day, and I haven’t gotten in any trouble… that my sister knows off…”

Mina rolled her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter