Chapter 1: Three Girls, One City [2007]

Seoul's Stragglers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Three girls, one city

 

 Seoul, South Korea's capital. The largest metropolis of the Republic, being the home to a lot of people. Perfect city for anyone who wants the night owl life. Pubs, night clubs, arcades, whatever you could imagine spending all night doing, was right there in Seoul. And if what you wanted was something a bit more calm, you can always visit Han River, it has that peaceful vibe to it.

 Tall buildings, cars all over the place, large streets, buses maps all around, lots of foreigners, lights, big signs, people and more people, noise, noise, and more noise. That's where three japanese young girls had found themselves alone, lost, with no money, and little to non Korean language knowledge.

 Hirai Momo, an eleven years old, was now doing a little dance routine next to the Mall's entrance. She had been dancing for a while already, so she knew she was at least good. But that was not enough, she needed to reach perfection because people won't give you money just because you are doing the effort.

 Minatozaki Sana, ten years old, was right next to Momo, performing the rutine they had practice. Momo always got a little mad because Sana was a little clumsy, sometimes she'll mix the steps, couldn't remember the order, she'll rush into the beat or just couldn't get the movement Momo was doing without the older girl having to teach it to her.

 Myoui Mina, also ten years old, was sitting next to a wall watching her friends perform, she was in charge of collecting the money on the little plastic bag they had and playing the music and making sure no one stole the little speaker they own too. She wanted to dance too, she had been dancing since she was four. Sure she knew ballet, but whatever the older girls were doing couldn't be more difficult than spinning around while standing on your tip toes, right? However, she was sure that even if she could master those moves Momo still wouldn't allow her to dance because someone had to take care of their stuff and besides, Sana always said she looked way younger than her because she was shorter. Mina always rolled her eyes, they were the same age, sure Sana was borned before, but officially they were the same age.

 Mina's face lighted up when someone put some coins in the plastic bag she had on her hands. She couldn't exactly see who it was, she just smiled and bowed her head greatfully.

  Once Momo noticed they had made enough for a dinner, she stopped dancing. Sana was greatfull, she loved dancing but they had been at it for hours!

"Finally!" Sana cheered in japanese

 Momo rolled her eyes.

"We haven't been dancing that long, Sana-chan" 

 Sana lifted an eyebrow.

"Are you sure? Because from what the clock over there says, we've been here for almost four hours" she pointed at the clock above the mall's entrace.

 Momo's eyes opened. She hadn't really noticed.

"Mina-chan" she headed over the younger girl "Ready to go?"

 Mina had stopped the music as soon as Momo had stopped moving, she didn't want to give the older girl another chance to start dancing, she was sure she was going to have a big headache from all the sunlight that had reached her head.

 She nodded, picked up their backpack, speaker and bag inside, and stood up.

"Are you hungry?" Momo asked the girl.

 Mina nodded.

"Okay, hold on"

 Momo glanced at Sana. 

"How about going to the food fair?"

"Where was that again?"

 Momo thought about it. She begged herself to remember the location, otherwise they wouldn't be having lunch. They couldn't exactly ask for directions, sure they knew some Korean but it wasn't enough and people talked so fast it was difficult to almost imposible for them to understand.

"I know" Mina spoke softly.

 Sana and Mina looked at her with a smile. 

 They made their way to the food fair after counting the money they had earn, they had made around 8.432 won and 59 jeons. 

 Momo was now carring their backpack, Mina complained but Momo conviced her saying things like 'the weight may hurt your back and it'll hurt when you start ballet again'. Honestly, Momo wanted to make sure their stuff was safe and most importantly her friends were safe. If some random idiot came to them and tried to still their back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter