Chap 6

Who am I to you?

 

“Amber, did they hurt you!?” Key anxiously asked after Minho told him what happened the night before as he, Minho, Amber and Sulli gathered at the living room after dinner.

“No oppa, luckily Minho oppa is there to help me.” Amber answered.

“Unnie, I'm happy that you're safe now.” Sulli hugged Amber.

“Who's want ice cream!?” Amber suddenly asked.

“Me! Me!” Sulli excited jumped up and down the coach upon hearing the words.

Key and Minho just nodded their head.

“Well, there's enough for everyone. I'll get it then.” Amber said standing up making her way to the kitchen.

“Let me help you, unnie.” Sulli volunteered and followed Amber.

“Minho?” Key speaks up after Amber and Sulli are gone from their sight.

“Thank you for taking care of Amber when I'm not there.”

“Key, that's what a buddy's for. Remember?” Minho tapped Key's shoulder.

“Key oppa! Minho oppa! Look what we brought for you!” Sulli suddenly shouted holding two bowls of ice cream while Amber bring the other two.

 

As time passed, Minho and Amber became closer.

Key is delighted of course but cannot help to feels jealous as Amber prefer to be with Minho more often than with him.

Nicole recently moved in the same town as Amber and decided to pay her a visit.

Sulli had told her on the phone about Amber's development and Nicole that told her to not mention her name to Amber.

Knock! Knock!

Amber opened the door and a girl with a beautiful eye smile is standing in front of her.

“Hi there, Amber. Long time no see.” The girl smiles towards her.

Where had I saw that smile before? Amber thought as she just stares at the girl.

“Hi, Nicole unnie!” Sulli suddenly popped out from nowhere causing Amber to come back to reality.

“Come in first, please. Sorry. You must be someone I knew but I can't even remember your name at this moment.” Amber politely invite the girl to come in as she saw Sulli is so fond with the girl.

“Never mind, Amber. By the way, my name is Nicole. Nice to meet you..again.” Nicole shake hand with Amber before the three of them enter the house.

It is not long before Amber getting to know Nicole better.

Nicole told her that they once work together as waitress at a coffee shop during their school break a few years back.

Sulli just play along with Nicole saying that she often came to their house to hang out before Nicole had to moved with her family.

“Unnie, why don't you come to my birthday party tomorrow?” Amber just remembered the party as she is walking Nicole out.

“I'll be glad too, Amber. Can I bring my boyfriend and little sister then? I want to introduce them to you.”

“Great! Sure, unnie! The more, the merrier!” Amber exclaimed.

“Alright then. Well, gotta go. Bye. Bye, Sulli!”

“Bye, unnie.”

“Bye, Nicole unnie!” Sulli shouted from the sofa.

Why do I have to forget such a nice person? Amber thought before Sulli begged her to play video game with her.

 

“Happy birthday, darling!” Jessica hugged Amber.

“Happy birthday, Amber! This is our present for you.” Donghae handed her a big teddy bear.

“Thank you, unnie, oppa! I'll make sure I'll hug it to sleep every night.”

Amber is busy greeting her guests as her house began to be packed with her friends.

“Happy birthday, Amber!” Minho appeared at her doorstep with a box of present in his hands.

“Thank you, Minho oppa! Amber hugged him.

“You're welcome!” Minho playfully pinched her nose.

“Oppa! That hurts!” Amber pouted.

Key being the one that arrived early just eyed them with envy.

“Amber, happy birthday! It's Nicole and standing beside her is a tall handsome guy and girl of Sulli's age.

“Nicole unnie! Glad you can make it! Thank you!”

“Amber, this is Jay and my little sister, Jiyoung.”

“Nice to meet you, Amber.” Jay bowed and Amber bowed back.

“Nice to meet you too, Jay oppa.”

“Happy birthday, Amber unnie! Here's our present for you.” Jiyoung said as she gives Amber her present.

“Thank you, Jiyoung ah.”

Amber then introduced Jay and Jiyoung to her friends.

Amber is about to introduce Jiyoung to Key when she suddenly squealed.

“Key oppa? Is that you?” Jiyoung asked as she recognized Key as her senior back when Key is still a high school student.

“Wae, how did you know my name?” Key asked as he tried to remember if he had met her before.

“Oppa, I'm JJ. You was my mentor during my first year in high school. Remember?”

“Ohh... I remember now!” Key said smirking.

“How can I forget the chubby JJ?” Key playfully patted Jiyoung's head.

“Oppa! I'm not that chubby anymore! I'm all grown up! So don't ever call me chubby again! By the way, I prefer you call me Jiyoung now.”

“Arasso, little Jiyoung!” Jiyoung just stick her tongue out at Key.

“Hey, wait! If Key and Jiyoung is schoolmate, then Nicole should have known Key then. They are the same age, right? Hmm... Unless she went to different school but that's not right. Aren't they siblings?” Jonghyun curiously asked.

“Jongie, you ask too much!” Luna shot him a glare.

“What!? I'm just curious, okay?”

“Well, Nicole unnie stayed at the state with my parents and finished high school there and moved back to Korea a few years ago. But I had mine at here and stayed with my grandma.” Jiyoung explained.

“Ahh... Now I understand. See, nothing harmful bout that.”

Jonghyun then earned a smack on the head from Luna for that.

Amber then introduced Nicole to Minho, Jessica, Luna and Krystal as Sulli told her that they have not meet each other yet.

 

Key is talking with Jiyoung when he saw Amber whispered something to Minho before the both of them climbed the stairs toward the second floor.

Key excused himself and sneakily followed them.

As he peeks on the hallway, he can only sees the door to Amber's room being closed and Amber and Minho are nowhere to be seen.

What!? Is Minho in Amber's room!?

 

“Whassup, Amber!?” Minho cheerfully asked as he sat on the bed.

“Oppa..I..I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“I think..I think I'm falling for you.” Amber confessed.

Key's heart ache upon hearing Amber's words as he stand outside her room.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyoung's eyes followed Key after he excused himself until he is out of her sight.

Oppa, you don't know how much I miss you these years. I swear I'll do anything to make you mine. Only mine! Jiyoung thought as she walks to where her sister and her boyfriend is.