Chap 14

Who am I to you?

 

“Oppa! It’s your fault! So, you go fetch it!”

“What!? You that begged me to come here to accompany you at the first place!”

“Hey! It’s better than spending the rest of your day sleeping in! Besides, you that suggested us to play this stupid game!”

It is one fine morning when Amber called Key to keep her company since Minho got soccer practice while Sulli at school.

They are playing basketball when Key accidently threw the ball into the opened garage.

Stupid game? But this is once your favorite game!

“Fine! I’ll do it but only if you help me!?”

“Fine!”

With that, Amber trailed after Key into the garage.

“Gosh, Uncle Liu should consider tidying up these messes some time soon.”

“Oppa, found it!”

“Great! Then let’s us..”

Key goes to Amber’s side only to finds she is froze with the ball in her hands.

“Amber? Are you alright? Amber?”

“Kyaa!!! Mouse!!!” Amber yelled at the top of her lungs.

“Where!? Where!?” Key just able to sees the mouse’s tail disappearing into the garage’s junks before realizing Amber is already lying on the ground.

“Amber!?”

Key then carried her bridal style into the house and placed her on the couch.

“What to do? What to do? Right! Water!”

Key immediately went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and sprinkle a few drops onto Amber’s face.

Key is glad when Amber slowly opens her eyes.

“Yes! It works!”

Amber blinks a few times before turning her head to face Key.

“Key?”

“Amber? How’re you feeling?” Key asked with concern.

But Amber ignored his question as she sat up holding her head.

“Amber? What’s wrong? Did you bump your head? Let me see.”

Key reach out his hands to examine Amber’s head when she suddenly grabs it.

“Key! I remembered!”

Key just froze as Amber stares intensively at him.

“Key? Say something!” Amber shakes his shoulder causing him to wake up from his trance.

“What..what do you mean by ‘you remembered’?”

Please! Not now!

“I remembered..about ‘us’, you silly head!”

’Us’?” Key gulped.

“Yes. The whole Red Dragon thingy. I regained my memories back!”

“But how?”

“I don’t know? Maybe coz of the mouse. Oh Key! I miss you!” Amber hugged him.

Inside, Key feels like bursting with joy but he knows that it is wrong especially when he had to be responsible for his action to Jiyoung.

“Amber, we can’t.” Key pushed her away.

“Key? But, why?” Key can sees that Amber is hurt by his action as her eyes began to glimmer with tears.

“Coz you already had Minho.”

“Key, I love Minho but I love you more. Why can’t we go back to old times? Is it because of Jiyoung or..you just don’t love me anymore?” Amber kinda whispered the last part as she looks away.

“Amber, listen!” Key hold Amber’s face to face him in the eyes.

“I still love you… I’ll always love you but I had to take care of Jiyoung coz..” Key began to explains to Amber.

“So, it’s better for you to forget bout ‘us’ and live a happy life with Minho.”

“Key..”

“So, friends forever!?”

“Yeah, friends forever..”

“But I want to ask why you don’t tell me you’re my boyfriend when I lost my memory back then?”

“Well, the doctor told me that it’s better to not stress you up. So, that’s why..”

“Ooo..”

Silent.

“So, when’re you going to tell the others?”

“Are you kidding me!? I’m going to call Nicole unnie to inform her like now!” With that, Amber springs to the phone.