Chapter 9

Reconstruction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now listening: Am I Wrong?

 

Author’s

                                                                            

“Hyung, what is happening with Yoongi hyung?” Jimin whispered to his brother’s ear. They’re in the supermarket and Jimin saw how Yoongi acted strange since this morning.

“I don’t know, Min. He sleep with you last night, you should know it better” Hoseok sighed for thousand times and he continued checking on the goods.

“But I did nothing and this morning he woke up earlier than us. it’s weird you know he usually wake up the last” Jimin helped Hoseok placing goods onto the shelf.

“I don’t know, Min. Go and ask him yourself!” Hoseok shooed Jimin and his brother pouted. He slowly approached Yoongi who’s scanning the goods.

“Hyung” Jimin stood beside the elder.

“Hm?” Yoongi answered. He took the paper bag and put everything inside before handed to the ahjumma in front of him.

“Hyung, is there something happened? You’re… acting weird since this morning. You don’t even greet me and Hoseok hyung” Jimin tried to be as calm as possible.

Yoongi stared right into Jimin’s eyes with such a cold glare, causing Jimin to bit his lips, intimidated.

 

What is wrong with me? I’d rather ask what is wrong with you, Park Jimin!

 

Yoongi’s fist inside his jeans pocket balled tightly.

“Nothing, I’m just not really in the mood to meet people” Yoongi sighed and looked away. Afraid he would scare Jimin.

“But… but you’re different since this morning. Did I do something wrong? Or maybe Hoseok hyung?” Jimin moved to Yoongi’s other side. Yoongi didn’t say anything and just shook his head.

“Hyung, are you maad?” Jimin looked like kicked puppy and Yoongi started to feel annoyed.

“Hyung-” called Jimin again, Yoongi looked away again. Jimin pulled Yoongi’s sleeve. “Hyung… hyung… talk to me please, Suga hyu-”

“SHUT IT WILL YOU?!” Yoongi snapped and Jimin was startled. He stared at Yoongi with wide eyes and slightly open mouth. “I’m really really not in the mood to talk with people and you keep moving here and there like a rat, chirping like a squirrel and annoyed the hell out of me, shut it, Park Jimin!” Yoongi took off his apron and walked away. Leaving Jimin stood frozen in his state.

 

**

 

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid!

 

Yoongi ran out from the supermarket. He didn’t know where he went, he just gone the way his foot bring him.

 

“AAAARRRGHHHH!!!!”

Yoongi screamed once he arrived at a small river with wooden bridge on it.

 

Why do I have to shout at him?

I shouldn’t scare Jimin.

Why do I did that?

Jimin…

 

Yoongi pulled his hair and drown his face in his knees. He didn’t mean to yell at Jimin. He didn’t mean to scare the younger. The surprise and slightly hurt expression from Jimin before broke his heart even more. He’s broken enough to know his favorite person lied to him, now he’s broken enough to realize he hurt Jimin more.

He was so clumsy to let his negative feeling filled his mind, now he regretted everything. He hated Jimin for lying to him and hiding the truth but he also don’t want to snap at the younger. Jimin must be have his own reason and Yoongi needed to figure them out before throwing blame at the younger.

“Hyung” a soft but demanding voice came from behind. Yoongi sighed.

“What do you want, Hoseok?”

Hoseok chewed his lips and decided to sit beside Yoongi.

“You know, you don’t have to yell at my brother, do you?”

 

Oh right, brotherly thing... ..

 

Yoongi didn’t say anything.

“I don’t know what happened to you last night, but Jimin just worried about you because you’ve been acting strange since this morning. I was the one who suggest him to talk to you. You know Jimin won’t let you go before you told the answer” Hoseok stared at the river, watching some small fishes chasing their food.

“Why is he lying to me?”

Hoseok didn’t expect such question and he too was quite surprised. Hoseok felt guilty instantly to the point he don’t know what to say.

“And you, why don’t you try to stop him from lying. You said you’re his brother, aren’t brother supposed to teach each other and told each other if one did wrong thing? Why are you hiding the truth too, Hoseok?” Yoongi didn’t look at Hoseok but the younger could tell how furious Yoongi was.

“Jimin had his own reason”

Yoongi chuckled sarcastically.

“There’s no reason for lying. Lie is a lie. Nothing can change the truth”

Hoseok gulped. He knew Yoongi was right.

“Hyung…”  Hoseok was lost in word and he felt really stupid for letting all of this happened.

“Is he alright?”

Hoseok’s instantly felt relief. At least Yoongi still cared about his brother. He drifted his sight away from Yoongi.

“I’m not sure. I just drop him home. He’s probably sleeping”

“Okay” then Yoongi stood. Leave.

 

**

 

The night fell and Hoseok is having dinner with Jimin. Hoseok stared at Jimin who’s only playing with the food. He has one hand supported his head on the table. His puffy eyes are puffier from crying. Hoseok was never see Jimin this miserable.

“Jimin-”

“Where is he, hyung?”

Hoseok sighed and quickly finish his dinner.

“The river”

“Have you figure it out why he’s acting strange? I… I’m afraid I would anger him more” Jimin put the fork down.

“You better give him some space first, Min. He needed to calm down his feeling, he also needed to think clearly” Hoseok placed the plate into the sink along with the utensils. Jimin just nodded.

“But he needed to eat, hyung. He hasn’t back from the river since this afternoon. He needed to eat something” Jimin insisted and Hoseok finally tired.

“Listen, baby boy, Suga isn’t five years old kid anymore, he doesn’t need to be told to do something, he can do it himself, now stop whining to me, you’re the one forced me to hide everything, hide the truth, even hide the fact that his name isn’t Suga but Min Yoongi. Now deal with it, if he’s mad then give him space, if his memories back, then accept the truth. You can’t force everything to be as you please, Jimin. And remember, he’s not going to stay here forever. Not even when you two helplessly fall in love” Hoseok left his brother alone in the kitchen.

Jimin felt a literal pain in his chest. He didn’t know why but his chest felt tight. He couldn’t think straight as waves of thought haunt him alive.

 

What if Suga hyung leave me someday?

What if his memories back?

What should I do?

I lied to him about everything

What if…

What if the real Suga hy- I mean Yoongi hyung isn’t like Suga hyung at all…

Gosh what is happening!

 

Jimin banged his fist on the table and left the table.

 

**

 

The next afternoon, Yoongi once again alone in the house, Jimin and Hoseok went to work. Yoongi decided to visit his old car in the forest.

“Ah…” Yoongi groaned and let his head fell on the headboard. “I made this all with all my heart now it’s all useless…” Yoongi threw the papers on the passenger seat.

“What should I do now… I upset Jimin and Hoseok probably still mad at me for yelling at his brother. And I have no one to talk to right now” Yoongi stared at the lake in front of him. How peaceful the atmosphere was.

“Wait”

Yoongi jolted up.

“No way in hell” he smirked and ran back to the house.

 

**

 

“Mr Kim! Here’s the report of today’s meeting, the client decided to use our design for their next headquarter, they demand some fix in the basement and they asked more details to the façade”

Kim Seokjin took the papers and examined them carefully.

“Fine, I’ll send you the fix before 2 p.m, now Hanseong, please sent this to Mr Han in the materials department” he handed some document keepers to the staff and the staff quickly bowed and went away.

“Jesus Yoongi, where are you…” Seokjin sighed and opened some of his files on the computer. Not long after, his phone vibrated on the desk. “Who the hell sent me text message these da- No way!” Seokjin eyes widened at the sender’s name.

 

From: Yoongi the Almighty.

Hyung, this is me, could you please go to a very very quiet place and call me?

I need to tell you something and please don’t tell anyone about this message.

Thank you.

 

And now Seokjin ran as fast as he can to the basement and entered his car. He locked it and quickly dialed Yoongi’s number.

“Hyu-”

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU MR MIN?!”

“Whoa.. whoa… easy there…. Listen hyung, there’s something I need to tell you-”

“Yoongi, you know the rules…”

Yoongi groaned. “Fine, okay. I’m perfectly fine hyung. I’m staying somewhere out of the city. Like some village near Busan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter