Chapter 4

Reconstruction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Yoongi still observing the car while clutching his head. It still throbbing.

He entered the car and sat on the driver seat. The windowscreen is broken and the pieces of it still covered the dashboard. Yoongi saw the locker under the passenger seat and opened it. There were several CD from a singer named Agust D and a band CD with the name Bangtan Sonyeondan on it. Yoongi assumed he must be like those band and singer.

Yoongi glanced at the back. There’s a navy blue suitcase unopened. He took and opened it. Yoongi took a deep breath before looked at the paper inside.

His eyebrows knitted once he saw several construction paper in it. There are floor plans, site plans, layout, and some electrical plans. Yoongi breath hitch when a wave of memories hit him again.

 

There are murmurs everywhere, not chaotic but quite loud.

Someone with dark suit and raven black hair sat on the chair that placed in the middle of the other chair. Looks like he’s the chief of what it called with meeting.

“We’re going to use the eco-friendly concept that I assumed you guys already know. To lower the cost of the building, we can cut it from-”

 

Then another scene.

 

“That was a great concept Sir, I’m looking forward for our next meeting”

“It was also a great pleasure for me, Mr. Kim” the raven hair man share a handshake with everyone. He looks brilliant and extremely elegant with those suit. He also had an A+ attitude and the same gummy smile.

“That was amazing” a man with maroon suit and black turtle neck with wide shoulder approached him and the two patted each other shoulder before they both disappeared.

 

“AAH!!”

Yoongi jumped out from the car and held his knees. He didn’t aware how much he sweat. “What was that? Is that me? In the suit? Why am I shaking hands with everyone?” Yoongi wiped some of the sweat on his head. He stared at the paper in the suitcase again.

“Is it true that… that I’m an architect?” Yoongi panted while placing the paper inside the suitcase again and closed the car door.

 

Yoongi still thinking about the earlier event. He remembered the man face in the memories. It was indeed him. With the same raven black hair and perfectly ironed suit. He was the chief of the meeting that he still couldn’t figure out what kind of meeting is that or where the meeting was held.

Hoseok glanced at him and somehow feeling nervous. He knew Yoongi must be thinking about the car or even got some of his memories back. Yoongi was never this quiet before.

“Suga hyung, do you want more stew?” Jimin chirped form beside Hoseok and Yoongi lifted is head.

“Uh.. yes please” Yoongi gave his bowl to Jimin who gladly added more stew to his bowl.

“Here you go, hyung” Jimin’s eye-blinding smile tonight didn’t quite lifted his mood.

“Thanks Chim” Yoongi managed to produce a small smile.

“Hyung what’s wrong with you? You’re so quiet today” Jimin asked, curious at Yoongi’s sudden change of behavior.

Yoongi was silent at first before he lifted his eyes to look at the two. “Do you guys know what’s my occupation before?”

 

CLANG

 

Jimin’s grip on his fork fell, causing Yoongi to look at the younger.

“Jimin? You know that, right? I know you do” Yoongi’s eyes pierced through Jimin’s eyes and the younger knew, he couldn’t lie, he knew what is Yoongi’s job.

“Y-yes hyung. I know” Jimin nearly had a heart attack. Hoseok beside him just gulping nervously. It was his fault by letting Yoongi saw a piece of his real life in the forest.

“What is it?” Jimin swore Yoongi was never this scary.

“Uh… I’m not sure… but-but the last time I heard you.. you’re a-” Jimin swirled his brain fast. He needed an excuse!

“I am a…?”

“A… barista! Hyung is a barista!” Jimin nearly choke on the carrot inside his mouth that he forgot to much. Hoseok beside him almost gave a surprised sign but he managed to cover them by poking another chicken stick in front of him although he’s almost full.

“A barista?” Yoongi frowned. “Are you sure?” Yoongi narrowed his eyes.

“Yes hyung” Jimin who gained more confidence continued. “You’re a barista, it’s one of the reason why you got a very very fair skin despite of living in Busan which got hot weather. You’re rarely came out from your house and working at night” Jimin felt relief once he saw Yoongi nodded with a pout. Seems like buying his lies.

“Yeah.. yeah maybe I am. Well, you’re right by the way. I don’t really like moving from one place to another. Too lazy” Yoongi’s gummy smile back. Jimin grinned and Hoseok rolled his eyes. When Yoongi didn’t pay attention to him, Jimin released a relief breath.

 

**

 

Yoongi was working in the supermarket. He’s switching with one of his co-worker as a shelf stocker. He checked one shelf to another, making sure everything is in the place. Yoongi smiled at the child that ran between two shelves, they seems so happy.

Until one of them tripped on his feet and fell. Yoongi’s eyes widened. He was about to help the kid when he noticed the kid’s friend offered a hand and the fell kid gladly accepted the help. They continued playing. Yoongi was stunned at the simple moment before. He felt like he remembered something. Something that he needed. Something that he thought he finally got but he couldn’t remember what is it. Yoongi knew it’s a feeling and not some things or goods or something reachable.

Yoongi stared at the piece of snack in his hands. He was tidying up the shelves when he saw the fallen kid before. He bit his lips and placed the snack in the right rack.

 

Am I really a barista?

 

Yoongi didn’t mean to be rude but he doubted it.

 

Then what about the suitcase and the papers inside? Aren’t those mine? Or… are they belong to someone else? Then they must be needed those. What a pity to have me holding back their work by suffering this stupid amnesia.

 

Yoongi grunted and sighed in annoyance. He disliked being a burden to someone and the thought of someone might needed the paper hunt him. It was until a head popped from the edge of the shelf.

“Suga hyung!” Jimin’s face popped and Yoongi instantly grinned. The thought of being a burden flew out the window.

“Hey Chim, what bring you here?” Yoongi saw Jim approached him with the same blinding smile.

“Nothing, I’m just bored in my room” Jimin frowned. “Hyung, you’re switching with Jaesuk hyung?”

“Yes, sorry for not telling you. I thought he’s bored being a shelf stocker so I asked for a switch. Is that crossing the rules?” Yoongi somehow felt uneasy. Being close to their boss doesn’t mean he can do whatever he wants.

“No, no. it’s actually fine hyung. I allowed anyone to work in different position as long as they switch with their friends so the position won’t be empty” Jimin helped Yoongi arranged the snacks.

“Ah, thanks Chim”

“No problem hyung. Oh, do you want to take your lunch break? Actually I haven’t take it”

“Yeah, sure. You need to eat, Chim. You always scolded me for skipping meals, now look at you” Yoongi placed his hand on his hip.

“Ehehe, sorry hyung. I’m waiting someone to remind me how important lunch is… I’m tired of being independent” Jimin fidgeted his fingers and Yoongi’s heart melt.

“Baby boy” Yoongi blurted, causing Jimin to look at the elder. “You’re such a baby. The cute one, I assume” Yoongi chuckled and took Jimin’s hand.

“Hoseok! Me and Jimin taking the lunch break!” Yoongi shouted at Hoseok who’s writing on the board. The orange hair guy gave them thumbs-up and the two exited the supermarket.

 

“Here” Yoongi gave Jimin a can of o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter