Chapter 6

Reconstruction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

“Where?”

“To our hometown hyung, it’s an hour drive from here, I think we’re going to sleepover at our grandparents house” Hoseok told Yoongi when they’re having lunch break.

“Is it okay? I mean, I’m an outsider. I don’t want to ruin your family time” Yoongi felt uneasy. Hoseok and Jimin both grinned.

“Don’t worry hyung. It’s going to be okay. grandma is a warm person and she loves everyone. Come on! Just two days and a night” Jimin smiled at him. Yoongi pressed his lips together and think about it. He would be lonely without those two and beside, he dislike being alone and he don’t know where else to go.

“Hm.. okay. I’ll join you” Yoongi smiled.

“Yess!” Jimin punched the air and Yoongi chuckled.

“So, when will we leave?”

“Tomorrow morning hyung, at seven”

 

 

“Have you prepared everything, hyung?” Jimin entered their now shared bedroom. He closed the curtains and sat on the bed.

“Yeah, it’s all packed” Yoongi pulled the straps of his (actually Jimin’s) bag and put it beside the drawer.

“Let’s sleep. I’m sleepy” Jimin slipped into the blanket and Yoongi joined after.

“Goodnight Chim” Yoongi pulled Jimin closer and pulled the blanket higher.

“Goodnight Suga hyung” Jimin buried his head in Yoongi’s chest and hug the elder. Yoongi smiled and drifted to sleep.

 

**

 

“Is it still far? I’m tired” Taehyung whined and leaned on Jungkook’s shoulder. The elder sighed and continued driving.

“No, it’s fifteen minutes more, Tae. Aren’t you exited to meet Yoongi again?” Jungkook chuckled seeing Taehyung pouted.

“Can you make it to five minutes?” Taehyung batted his lashes at Jungkook who’s chuckling again.

“No, Tae. We’re going to exceeding the speed limit, we don’t want any car crash, do we?” Jungkook pushed Taehyung off his shoulder and the younger slumped back to his seat.

 

The GPS has sent them to a small house near the lake. Taehyung scrunched his nose at the view. The house is colored in brick red and the pillar still showing the bricks itself. It has wooden floor and the garden is quite wide. Not in Taehyung taste at all.

“Excuse me? Is there anyone inside?!” Taehyung knocked the door for the third time. He’s grown tired and his felt stiff from the three and half hour driving.

“Still no answer?” Jungkook asked from the porch.

“No” Taehyung frowned and tried to peek from the window. But the light is off and there’s no sign of life there.

“Maybe they’re out somewhere, Tae” Jungkook sat on the porch stairs.

“Hmm.. maybe. Let’s just wait here till they come” Taehyung took out a handkerchief on the porch and sat on it. Jungkook shook his head at Taehyung’s act.

 

**

 

Jimin and Hoseok grandparents house is beautiful for Yoongi. It has a traditional style and the garden is wide, filled with flowers and small trees framing it. Yoongi unconsciously smile at the view. Jimin grinned seeing Yoongi smiling like a five years old children.

Yoongi’s attention moved to the entrance when he heard a scream from the door. He saw an old woman with white hair smiling and spread her arms at them. Yoongi somehow felt light seeing the woman’s smile. Her eyes wrinkled into crescent, at the first moment he thought Jimin’s crescent eyes smile came from the woman. Yoongi felt warm inside. He felt like… home.

“Aigoo… my kids! How are you doing? Grandma missed you” the grandmother hugged Jimin then Hoseok. Yoongi stood behind them, smiling while watching the scene.

“We missed you too, Grandma” Hoseok answered. Grandma’s attention then went to Yoongi.

“And who’s this handsome youngman? Are you one of my children friends?” she took Yoongi’s hand and patted it gently.

“Yes, halmoni, pleasure to see you, my name is Suga” Yoongi saw the woman’s eyes crinkled again and she pulled Yoongi into a hug which Yoongi accepted gladly.

“Aigoo, Suga-ssi, it’s good to meet you too! Come come! You’re very welcomed here, please just consider here you own home” she then moved to Jimin and Hoseok again. “I made you boys lunch, come inside come on! It’s your favorite japchae, come on!” The grandma pulled Yoongi’s hand and Yoongi followed her inside, together with Jimin and Hoseok who’s grinning at the view.

 

“Your grandma is very kind. She’s amazing” Yoongi commented when he and Jimin sat on the backyard, enjoying the evening breeze. Hoseok was inside, helping grandma and grandpa.

“She’s always kind to our friends, she loves kids and even though I’m already this big, she always saw me as a toddler. She pampered us, baking us cookies and poured warm milk. It’s so pleasant and I felt like I don’t want to be anywhere else” Jimin chuckled.

Yoongi smiled, seeing the bird chirping while poking some peas in the ground. The atmosphere is so calming. Just like Yoongi’s favorite. “I wonder if I still have a grandma…” Yoongi said unconsciously. Jimin’s smile fell.

 He looked at Yoongi and gulped hard. Now he felt bad for making Yoongi away from his family. From what he see, Yoongi probably was the type who always close to his family, proven by how Yoongi getting closer to their grandma fast.

 

Am I wrong?

Of course, you dummy…

 

Jimin sighed and bit his lips.

 

**

 

“Let’s go home, Tae” Jungkook pulled the crying Taehyung to his arms.

“They’re not coming back… what if… what if this house is actually empty? What if Yoongi hyung isn’t actually here?” Taehyung clutched Jungkook’s shirt tight.

“I… I don’t know Tae. But it’s not good. We’re running out of food and there’s no restaurant around here. Let’s just go home, we’ve waited here the whole night. I know you’re tired. You also needed to go back to work. We can go back here again the other time” Jungkook rubbed Taehyung’s back.

“B-But what if… what if when we went home, they come back? What if- what if-”

“I’ll make sure we’re come back here again the other day. It’s morning a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter