Chapter 7

Reconstruction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Taehyung and Jungkook’s car parked at the supermarket near the village. It wasn’t huge like what they have in the city but Taehyung sure he could get something hygienic to eat as a snack. A huge P&J letter stood on the top of the building. Taehyung just shrugged.

Taehyung entered it. There are not many people inside, just some ahjummas and grannie. No teenager or adult like them. Taehyung ignored it and went to the snack section with Jungkook trailed behind him.

“Hey, do you want some coffee? I’m afraid you’ll be sleepy and we got into car crash” Taehyung grinned at Jungkook which the later scrunched his nose at.

“I’m not that weak, you stupid monkey” Jungkook chuckled but received a can of coffee from Taehyung. “I can’t believe there’s a supermarket near the village. It’s kind of strange. Didn’t they afraid if nobody came to shop in here?” Jungkook muttered. Taehyung nodded.

“I don’t know. Looks like this place is a little bit old. See the rack? It’s nearly rusted” Taehyung took some shrimp crackers and put them in the cart.

“Let’s go, we don’t want to come back late” Jungkook dragged Taehyung who rolled his eyes.

 

“Hello! Good afternoon, welcome to P&J”

Taehyung raised one eyebrow at the greeting from the cashier. It’s kind of uncommon. There’s no cashier in the city that greet the customer. They’re just plainly scanned the barcode and put the goods into the paper bag.

“Good afternoon to you too-” Jungkook glanced at the nametag. “Mr. Park” Jungkook offered a small smile. The cashier who has the most blinding smile ever, nodded and scanned the barcode fast.

“It’s not usual for me to see youngmen like you in here. Are you guys travelling or just visiting someone relatives?” he put them into the paper bag and Taehyung gave him his credit card.

“Oh, we’re just… passing by, in case we met someone we knew. My friend here couldn’t stop whining to travel away from the city” Jungkook elbowed Taehyung playfully.

“Hey! I’m not!” Taehyung denied and slapped Jungkook’s back.

The cashier giggled at the childish interaction and Taehyung’s mood lit up a bit.

“Here you are, have a great day!” he handed them the bag and Taehyung took it.

“You too, bye!” Jungkook smiled at the cashier and Taehyung followed.

 

**

 

Jimin smiled at the two man with neatly ironed suit that just bid goodbye at him. They still playfully joking. The shorter one had a nice bunny grin while the taller one is slightly cold. Just when he saw the colder man grinned, his smile fell.

 

That boxy grin...

 

Jimin’s eyes widened and a flash of memory about a photograph in Yoongi’s wallet passed. Jimin’s jaw dropped open.

 

IT’S HIM! THE BOY IN SUGA’S PHOTO!

 

Jimin gulped and his hand trembled.

 

No… no…. there’s no way Suga hyung fiancée went here! He must be someone else!

 

Jimin gulped. He ran to the exit and saw them entered an expensive white car before they left. Jimin’s lips trembled when he recognize the number plat is from the city where Yoongi came from.

 

It’s him! Oh my God….

 

Jimin gripped the door tight.

Just when he gained his consciousness, he saw his truck entered the parking lot. He saw Hoseok got off the car with Yoongi. He nearly fell on his . It’s so close! If only that boxy grin man stayed longer, he could meet Yoongi and everything’s over!

Jimin took a deep breath, trying to erase some bad feeling inside.

Yoongi smiled at him from far and waved a hand. Jimin managed to use his brain and waved back with the same smile he had.

“Hey, how are you today? You seemed tired” Yoongi’s  hand touched Jimin’s hair and ruffled the younger hair lovingly.

“Not really… just bored a little. I decided to be a cashier today”

 

And I regret it…

 

Jimin continued smiling and they entered the supermarket.

“You should go back to your office, Chim, it’s my shift” Yoongi took off Jimin’s apron and wore them.

“Okay. goodluck hyung” Jimin squeezed Yoongi’s hand and Yoongi nodded before went to the changing room. “Oh Suga hyung!” Jimin called. His brows furrowed when Yoongi keep walking. “Suga hyung!” at this Yoongi’s step halted, before he turned back and stared at Jimin.

“Uh… let’s grab dinner after work, yeah?” Jimin bit his lips. Yoongi smiled softly at him and nodded.

“Sure, I really like having dinner with someone that I… like” Yoongi smirked seeing Jimin blushed.

Jimin heard Hoseok laughed from behind and he shot his brother a death glare before went back to his office.

 

**

 

Hoseok saw Yoongi interacting with a customer, an old lady. Hoseok recognize that she’s the same lady that always came once a week, buying packs of instant noodles, granola bars, and non-fat milk. She always used her son’s credit card which always being accepted there because Hoseok already told all the cashiers that the old lady couldn’t sign it due to her sometimes-appeared Alzheimer and her son was growing tired of taking care of her.

 

What a pity.

 

Hoseok thought everytime he saw t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter