`Serendipity`

11:11 `The Wish`
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Serendipity [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2] CHAPTER SEVEN [/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

It was already past 10 in the morning when I woke up. I was late again on my first class — History. Well, it’s boring so it’s okay. I stood up and fixed my bed then went to the bathroom. My phone kept on ringing while I was grooming myself to school. When I looked up who was the caller, I was right. It was Yeonra unnie. She would probably scold me again when I get to school.

I went down to kitchen to expect someone but there’s no one. Small notes was just left there stuck on the plenty food packs.

‘Baby, I’m sorry if I have to leave you this early. Eomma is needed at the office urgently. I’ll make it up to you tonight. We’ll eat together with your favourite samgyeopsal and red velvet cake. Love you~ Take care’ – Beautiful Mom

‘Nana-yah, you’re late for your History class again!! Oppa, we’ll be away for 2 days. It was an urgent call. I’m sorry. Don’t be such a crybaby, okay? HAHA I left something to eomma. Be good, ara? Love you~~’ – Your Handsome Brother, Seojoon^^

I laughed upon reading their notes. They always make me feel like I was the most precious gem in the world. They never failed to make me feel so loved. And the most important thing, they sure know how to make such compensations. What a bunch of food packs to share with Yeonra and Luhan!

I packed my things up and went to school.

As I was walking on my way, I noticed that everyone is out yet it’s the time for our third class. Something’s up! I hurried up to my classroom to ask Yeonra but I was met with a light hit on my head.

“Yah! You’re late again. You didn’t even come to our History class.” Yeonra scolded me firstly. I scratched my head and just glared at her.

“Don’t tell me you overslept again?” She asked and I nodded my head immediately with a mix of tease.

She rolled her eyes and murmured, “What the hell are you doing every night that always makes you oversleep?” I made a cute expression that made Luhan, who went beside Yeonra, chuckled at my expression.

“Don’t mind her, Nana-yah. Classes are cut due to an emergency faculty meeting.” Luhan stated. I was a bit surprise when I knew that’s the case. Now, I returned Yeonra’s hit, playfully hard.

“How dare you scold me when there is no class? Ay~ Jinjja!” I said and Yeonra copied me.

Luhan’s attention caught the food packs I brought. “Ooh~ what do we have here? Oh yes! Fooooood!!” Then we turned our attention to Luhan.

“I never thought your compensations are prepared.” Yeonra nudged me. I shot her with a dark look but she only looked back,

“Oh, come on guys. Let’s eat already. I suddenly felt starving.” Luhan said in excitement as carried the bag, ready to eat in the cafeteria. Yeonra and I shook our heads and said in unison, “Food addict Luhannie~”

I told them to go ahead to the cafeteria because I still have to go to my locker and exchange my books for the next class. Yeonra went with me and let Luhan go alone.

As I was getting my books, something fell down. Knowing that it was just a piece of quiz paper but when I flipped it, I suddenly burst out into laughter and I really can’t get hold of myself. Yeonra gave me a confused yet curious look to why am laughing so hard.

“Unnie, I never… pfft…” I stopped, holding in my laughs.

“I never thought I still have this. This is so precious.” I laughed again as I turned what I am holding to make her see it. She was in a state of shock upon seeing it. It was a picture of our childhood days, swimming wearing fancy baby swimsuits and goggles. She gets embarrassed whenever she sees that picture or even just reminding it to her. I don’t know what her problem is but I found it cute myself. There’s nothing wrong and we’re still babies that time.

“Yah, give me that! I told you to burn it up already!” She exclaimed as she tried to get it from me.

“No way, I’m going to burn it. This is so precious, precious more than anything else.” I teased then I suddenly ran away. She ran fast after me. Unfortunately, I saw Mr. Shim coming on my way so I tried to slow down and just pretend nothing is happening. I greeted Mr. Shim ‘good morning’ as I was still catching my breath.

“Got it!” I was startled. I didn’t know Yeonra had sneaked behind me while I kept my hands behind while holding the picture.

“Yah!” Now I am the one who’s chasing her. As she runs, she looks back at me and waving the picture. She has this aura of I-got-it-so-I'm-going-to-burn-this-already. I got irritated and fastened my pace. She went into the cafeteria where students are compiled.

“Yah, unnie! Give it back!” I yelled.

“Never!” and she continued to run away.

I was half way there to grab her uniform but I suddenly stepped on the wet floor. I tried to keep my balance but it was no use and I totally slipped and hit someone’s tray, making such loud falling objects and all the food fell on the ground.

“Omo!” I closed my eyes and grabbed onto someone’s arm. Good thing I didn’t get hurt that much.

‘Aish… this is so embarrassing. What the heck!’ I thought.

“Are you okay?” a familiar voice asked me.

‘Wait a minute. His voice is familiar. I heard it somewhere.’ I thought. I slowly lifted my head up and greeted with Sehun’s beautiful face. I can feel that everyone’s eyes are focused on me.

I got stunned and got a minute to glance at his face. ‘Of all the days a year has, why does it have to happen in the cafeteria and has to be with Sehun? I’m so not going to forget this. Too much embarrassment for today.’ I mentally face palmed myself.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked once again.

I came back from my reverie and replied, “Yes, I'm okay.” My eyes were blinking several times. He helped me get up and fixed my uniform, avoiding some eye contact.

“I'm sorry, Sehun-ah.” I bowed and bit my bottom lip, still avoiding the eye contact. I didn’t know what to do. I can’t even turn my back to him and just walk away like nothing happened. I continued to apologize until I realized that he’s with someone and the food from Sehun's tray actually stained the other lad's shirt. My eyes were widened. ‘What an actual disaster have I done?’

“Aishh~ What the! This is my favorite shirt.” Sehun’s friend, I guess, reacted.

I turned to the unknown lad and apologize, bowing for several times. I’m hearing that familiar voice laughing at me and she is so into my nerves already. Just wait until I fix my mess.

I looked for my handkerchief and tried to clean up his shirt, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. It was all an accident. I didn’t mean to---”

“Forget it,” he interrupted and looked away.

“Neh?!”

“Oh, that plain white shirt is expensive.” Sehun said.

“Really?!” I asked, surprised. Sehun nodded.

“I can wash it for you, uh...” I offered to the unknown guy.

“I told you forg---”

“Can you imagine how much it costs?” Sehun interrupted. I was looking scared at this very moment. I never messed up with someone. It wasn’t my style after all. My insides were really panicking like hell I don’t know what to do but just gulped, pursed my lips, and looked to this two guys that I don’t know that much.

“How much it costs?” I asked.

“₩ 100,000.” Sehun replied but it is actually only a guess.

“W-what? Uhh… I can pay for it but instalment. Can it be?” I asked quite not sure.

“No.” the unknown guy firmly replied.

“Uhh… I can borrow you another shirt from my friend.” I looked down while scratching the back of my head, unsure to what to suggest next.

“You should have looked your way so that nothing happens,” Sehun said.

“So what will you do with my friend’s shirt?” Sehun added. I looked towards Yeonra, asking for help but she only stuck out her tongue and teased me further.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter