Chapter 2

A Taste of Life

A Markjin fiction
a chaptered fan fic
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Finally, Mr White Rabbit” Bambam said, sipping his hot coffee from a cheap cup, “You were never late. What happened?” Bambam asked, leaning his weight on his own desk.

“Heavy traffic, there was an accident four blocks away.  I had to go around the block for another way around” Jinyoung said, already stressed about the events on an early Friday morning. He sat on his chair, placing his briefcase on the floor and started going thru pages to proof-read and edit.

Jinyoung concentrated well on editing each texts, line by line, he had always wanted to work under a Publishing Firm and finally with great hard work and motivation, he finally got to have a job he dreamt of ever since he was in high school. Bambam and Yugyeom were both also from the same department as Jinyoung but only a few years younger. Jinyoung told them one day to be involved in the publication and editing in his new work place and after a year or two, both Yugyeom and Bambam were now also at the same building as Jinyoung which made him glad, at least he has someone to talk even though these boys are quite a handful. Bambam is Jinyoung’s assistant while Yugyeom works under another editor.

Park Jinyoung was peacefully editing the last pile of paper when Bambam suddenly stood from where he sat which startled Jinyoung and dashed to the next room where Yugyeom was working.

“Yugyeom, bro!” Jinyoung could hear Bambam call his bro out sine he basically threw the door open without closing it back, he heaved a deep sigh, rolled his eyes and continued his work.

Yugyeom went out of the office and met Bambam on the hallway, “Yo, bro! What’s the sudden rush?”

“Dude! Dude! With much convincing, Mark hyung finally bought me my all-time favourite Thom Browne business bag in black pebble grain and the Thom Browne classic long wing-tip brogue footwear that I have been eyeing for months!” Bambam exclaimed, gripping his phone and started to hop up and down. Cannot wait to get home and claim his present from Mark in his apartment.

Jinyoung halted what he was doing when he heard of the name, Mark. It has been so long since someone brought up his name, he was rather surprised that Bambam and Mark still get to communicate with one another from time to time.

‘I wonder how he’s doing now’ Jinyoung thought, but still felt sad, bitter and frustrated about what happened five years ago. But it was still natural to himself to think about Mark, that Mark never left his mind but may have been forgotten when he was busy. But still, Mark had always remained in his mind.

“Bro, lower you voice. Jinyoung can hear you” Yugyeom half-whispered, looking at the office beside his.

“Oh ” Bambam unconsciously slapped his hand over his mouth, taking a glimpse of the glass separating the hall and Jinyoung’s office. Jinyoung obviously heard it, Bambam knew since Jinyoung froze, graze drifting elsewhere.

“I need to control my mouth” he said, muffled words against his palm. He looked at yugyeom, now releasing his hand over his mouth and whispered, “Come to my apartment after work, you have to see Thom Browne in real life, leather and sole.”

Yugyeom excitedly nodded and pushed Bambam towards Jinyoung’s office, “But, go back to your office. You got a job to do and an explaining to do” Yugyeom said before walking his way to his own office.

Bambam slowly entered back at the office, now closing the door shut and carefully made his way to Jinyoung who had already recovered, doing his work.

“Umm, you heard that?” Bambam softly said, biting the flesh of his lips; anxious, rubbing the nape of his neck. Waiting for his reply.

Jinyoung looked up at Bambam in front of his desk and replied, “Yeah. I did.”

Bambam panicked “I-Im sorry. I should’ve- I should’ve closed the door or or I- I should’ve told you about still in contact with with M-Mark” he stuttered, nervous and regretful.

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine, really. I’m married now, right?” Jinyoung said, lifting his left hand, revealing the gold wedding ring wrapping around his ring finger, he continued “Plus, I have no control over who you socialize with. I don’t want to ruin your friendship with him, M-Mark because of what happened in the past.”

Bambam sheepishly grinned and thanked Jinyoung before collapsing on his own seat.

After a couple of hours, Yugyeom knocked on the wooden door to Jinyoung’s office, slowly opening the door and called Bambam out, “Dude, my work is all done”.

Bambam stood up and started packing his papers to his leather bag, “I’ll be there in a minute” he said, “Hyung, what about you?” he asked Jinyoung who was re-checking the edited papers.

“You can go ahead, I have to re-check the paper. I might have missed some errors” Jinyoung replied, giving Bambam a smile.

“Okay then. See you tomorrow, hyung” Bambam waved goodbye and left the office with Yugyeom.

Jinyoung exhaled deeply, leaning his back on the backrest while massaging his temples, “So tired and not the best day so far” he said to himself, removing his working glasses and rubbing his eyes. He yawned and with a satisfying stretch he made the decision to pull and all-nighter and finish his work at home over chips and PJs and beer.

“Oh . I totally forgot about the Boy’s night” Jinyoung abruptly stood up, piling the papers and placing it inside his briefcase. He fixed the chairs and closed the lights before closing and locking the office.

Jinyoung went in the building unit in stressed features, the traffic was insanely heavy that took him an hour and a half to reach home. With a dishevelled hair and a grumpy mood, he greeted everybody in the lobby lazily.

“Jinyoung? Park Jinyoung!” The receptionist called for his attention which made Jinyoung stop in his tracks and faced the old man, “Yes?” he replied, slowly walking up to the old man.

“It seemed like there’s another present for you, probably from the same admirer I bet” the man said, placing three sets of Ferrero Rocher chocolate in front of Jinyoung.

His eyed widened, the effort the admirer had to do just to buy Jinyoung three sets of chocolates, “For me?”  He made sure.

“Well, it is indeed for you” the receptionist said, smiling, “There’s a card, too” he continued.

Jinyoung perked at the mention of a card, if he can see the handwriting then maybe he’d get a clue as to who this admirer is. He opened the card but to Jinyoung’s dismay it was computerized, a text that says: “Cheer up and look forward for a sunnier tomorrow”.

Jinyoung closed the card and carried the sets of chocolates, bidding the old man good night; he proceeded to the lift.

“Jinyoung!” Jackson exclaimed, calling him from the sofa together with Jaebum, munching nachos with guac on the side. “Just on time, dude” he continued, waving at Jinyoung to sit together beside him.

“Hey, Jacks” Jinyoung greeted, settling his things on the table beside the couch. “Munch on these, too. I can’t finish them by myself” he said, placing the sets of chocolates in front of the two boys.

“You bought a lot, though” Jackson said, opening the first set of chocolates, unwrapping it and tossing it inside his mouth.

“I didn’t buy them” Jinyoung stated, Jaebum looked at him in surprise, “Where’d you get it?” he asked.

“Mr/Mrs Admirer came again or probably asked someone to deliver them here” Jinyoung nonchalantly said, taking off his blazer and losing his tie.

“Dude! You got an admirer?! Lucky~” Jackson squealed, still munching on the chocolates, not even caring about who and where it came from.

“That’s not important” Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “I’m already married and that person got nothing to do about it”.

“Maybe he or she knows but still sent you chocolates because, duh, that person admires you. It’s just what I think” Jackson said which clearly makes sense.

“If that’s the case then I’ll be thankful. Right, Jaebum?” Jinyoung said, leaning on the sofa; gaze fixed on Jaebum.

Jaebum smirked, “Grateful that a person knows how beautiful you are but you’re already taken so I have nothing to be afraid of” he smiled, stocking Jinyoung’s cheeks by his thumb.

“Gross, guys! This is a boys’ night out, not a honeymoon” Jackson groaned.

“You guys continue what you were doing, I’ll change my clothes” Jinyoung said, making his way to their shared room with Jaebum. He took off his work suit and changed in to a more comfortable clothes, striped shirt and a black cotton shorts. Walking towards the comfort room and washed his face, drying it with a towel and looked at his refection, “Beautiful, huh”, he bitterly said, tousling his hair and went out the comfort room to join the boys.

 The boys finished all three movies of The Expandable and the effect of that, well, Jackson’s been running round the until trying to do tricks and flips while Jaebum joined him, trying to shoot things like a sniper. Jinyoung just looked at them fondly and laughed his heart out seeing how silly these grown men looked.

Jinyoung noticed a thick crumpled magazine which apparently Jackson had sat on all throughout the movie, “Jacks, why’d you bring this? Are you into reading now?” Jinyoung teased.

“Shut up. I just bought that because our friend’s starred in the magazine” Jackson skipped, sitting beside Jinyoung, scanning through the pages; looking for one specific face.

“Who?” Jaebum asked, sitting back on the sofa.

“Mark ing Tuan” Jackson said, still scanning and skimming thru the pages.

Jinyoung froze in his spot, hearing that name again for the second time this day. What kind of day is it today that he get to hear it the second time around.

Jaebum glanced at Jinyoung, looking at his reaction, “Dude” Jaebum scolded Jackson, showing him.

“What?! Jinyoung has already moved on. Right, Nyoung? Jackson said, waiting for Jinyoung’s answer which earned a slow nod from him.

“See?! Plus you both are obviously married” Jackson rolled his eyes, suddenly hopped on his seat, “Ah hah!” he exclaimed, “here he is” pointing at the whole page dedicated for the only Mark Tuan, Tuan Corporation’s new CEO after his father retired a year ago.

Mark still looked so breath taking, exquisite, and beautiful. He dyed his hair blonde, a hair which matched his pale skin, eyes still so piercingly sharp and a lips, plump and pink. Jinyoung observed the photo carefully, it has been a long, long time since he last saw his beautiful face. He haven’t aged even a single bit, dressed in black-fitted suit and blonde hair brushed back, exposing his attractive forehead. Still a hint of a rebellious Mark with two tiny hoops of earrings dangling on each ear. Though he wasn’t smiling, he still looked gorgeous and expensive. A whole page dedicated only for him, a photo of him and the background shows the Tuan Corporation building, standing proud and big.

“I ain’t going to lie, he looks amazing” Jaebum said, also eyeing the photo before them.

“Never knew how successful he’ll be” Jackson said, “He usually sleeps in class or skips class”.

“He even bought Bambam a Thom Browne shoe and a leather business bag” Jinyoung shared the information he knew a while ago.

“How’d you know?” Jaebum asked.

“Bambam bragged it to Yugyeom and I accidentally heard it”.

“No way!” Jackson stood up from his seat, looking betrayed, ‘I need to talk to that head, how can he not give me ing Thom Browne” Jackson said, throwing a fit.

“How dare he, we have shared our love and friendship for the whole four years of college” Jackson grumbled.

“You still keep in contact with Mark?” Jaebum asked, feeling left out.

Jackson nodded in reply, “Of course. He’s a friend, too”.

“I guess we’re the only one who haven’t had contact with him since.. you know. That time.” Jaebum softly said.

Jackson stood up, closing the magazine, “I shall be going, boys. I have someone to lecture tonight. Someone who didn’t even think about buying me a ing Thom Browne” he gritted his teeth, bidding them good night for the last time and left the unit, leaving two men in silence.

“Have you really moved on?” Jaebum asked, holding Jinyoung’s hand.

Startled by Jaebum’s question, he nodded quickly, “I have, I may not forget the past but I am sure that I have moved on. And you were there, right?” Jinyoung said, grabbing Jaebum’s hand, he continued, “Let’s no longer dwell on the past and think about the now, okay?”

With much conviction, Jaebum nodded and believed Jinyoung, “Okay” he whispered. “Let’s sleep, we’ll have a great day tomorrow” he said, hand in hand with Jinyoung while retreating to their room.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: i wasn't feeling lazy tonight so hey, another chapter. two chapters in one night. what a good impression, lmao. hope you'd like this one ah hah. were y'all glad about Mark's "appearance"? Jinyoung have moved on, lmao. Do you think he was lying or was it really the truth? :/