Chapter 7

A Taste of Life

A Markjin fiction
a chaptered fan fic
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


"So, Jackson and I have this student in class and he seemed to have caught Jackson's habit of stripping his top off" Jaebum shook his head in disbelief, "Jackson needs to distance himself from Jimin or maybe the other way around."

"Jimin must really look up to Jackson, that's a good thing if you ask me" Jinyoung replied, sipping on his tall, iced Americano.

The pair spent their time over coffee at a café just blocks away from where they live. Both of them were out from work and what else could they be doing aside from doing adult stuffs? They spent the rest of their day with a date, a lazy date, just talking and maybe planning things for Christmas.

Jinyoung lazily scanned the café, his gaze landed at one specific spot of the café, two chairs and one table at the corner of the café. It was the spot where he and Mark would usually sit and talk about things like what him and Jaebum are doing.

 

"Do you want grande or tall?" Mark asked Jinyoung, choosing the sized of drinks he want.

"Tall. Americano." he replied, settling himself on their favourite spot inside the café, at the corner of the counter.

"Here you go, master" Mark teased, placing both iced Americano on the table before he sat on the seat opposite to Jinyoung.

"Shut up, Markie" Jinyoung stuck his tongue out earning a giggle from his boyfriend.

The pair usually spend their days at the café and today is one of the special occasion that occurs once a year, today was Jinyoung's birthday and they casually spend it on a Saturday afternoon at the favourite dating place.

"Happy Birthday, babe" Mark greeted which made Jinyoung smile, "How does it feel being Twenty-one?" 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, "I don't know, Mark. How does it feel to be Twenty-two?" he backfired, impressed at his own smart comeback.

"I don't know, Jinyoung. How does it feel dating Mark Tuan?" Mark looked at him with a smug expression, sipping on his iced Americano.

"It feels good. Feels like tasting chocolate or ice cream for the first time" Jinyoung softly smiled, looking Mark straight in the eye.

"I could kiss you right now but I don't want people to get jealous" Mark teased, instead of kissing his dandy boyfriend he caressed his thumb over his cheeks.

Jinyoung melted in Mark's touch, if e would want anything in the world it would be forever in Mark's warm, home-like embrace. He would trade everything in the world just to be in Mark's arms. And that's how he loves him, he could picture himself in the future, waking up on a bed with Mark by his side; sleeping soundly, face clean of worries and in a peaceful state. He could picture it with all the fibre in his body, he could feel it coming to life.

"I can surely get used to this" Jinyoung softly smiled at Mark, softly patting his cheeks and retreated his hands to sip on his iced Americano.

"I'll spoil you with much touches as you like, Loves" 

"You have to" Jinyoung pouted, "Or I'll run to somebody else."

"You wouldn't do that. You only love me and me only."

"How are you sure of that? Hmm? Mr Tuan?"

"I can see it in your eyes" Mark warmly smiled, looking at Jinyoung straight in the eye, "I can see how I mean the world to you and I'm sure in my heart that you're the only one for me."

"Don't get too cocky now, Tuan" Jinyoung teased but surrendered at Mark's stare, he stifled a giggle, "Yes. You're my one and only."

Mark giggled to himself, earning a confused look from his boyfriend, "What is it, Hun?" Jinyoung asked.

"I just realized how cheesy and greasy we are. I bet Jaebum would be puking now if he sees us" Mark grinned, "I think I'm crazy."

Jinyoung agreed, "You are indeed very crazy, Mr Tuan."

Mark laughed, the laugh that Jinyoung really love, how his canines show and his high-pitched laugh that he couldn't help but also laugh along since it's contagious and he is just so cute, a cute person with a big heart. Laughing his lungs out and at that point, Jinyoung made a note to himself to savor every moment with Mark, to savor his smiles, his touches, and even his tears because we will never know when that shine would slowly get clouded by problems and responsibilities and stress. Savor every moment with the light of your life.

 

"Hey, Jinyoung?" Jaebum snapped his fingers in front of Jinyoung, making him come back to his senses.

"Did you hear what I've been saying?"

Jinyoung was slightly in a daze, sinking in the atmosphere and the place he was sitting. He gazed at the surrounding and as his eyes landed on Jaebum, it sunk in him that he was just imagining things and those things were all in the past.

"Oh! Umm, sorry. I zoned out"

Jaebum softly smiled, thinking about maybe Jinyoung was just tired of work and he hadn't have any satisfying slumbers, "It's okay. It must be work, right?"

Jinyoung was out of words for a second but nodded nevertheless, "I just had a lot of things running on my mind."

"If it is about that stalker then maybe we could track him out and tell him to stop with all those presents."

Jinyoung shook his head because ever since he and Jackson had the conversation, he realized he had to be grateful with the things the admirer did. One, it wasn't harmful at all in many ways and two, he needs to acknowledge the effort the admirer exerted. 

Jinyoung quickly unwrapped the box carefully when they got inside the unit, he sat down over their clean, white sofa and detangled the ribbon.

"Aren't you excited?" Jaebum joked, also sitting beside Jinyoung, curious of what's inside the box.

Jinyoung successfully detangled the ribbon and carefully unwrapped the expensive looking wrapper. With it finally unwrapped, he lifted the cover of the box and was welcomed by a rich smell of cotton, he took a look at the cotton and held the item up. It was a Mauro Grifoni coat in pastel blue, it was indeed really beautiful, no one could deny it.

"This must probably cost a fortune" Jinyoung breathlessly said, setting the coat on his lap and started feeling the soft cotton again his warm palm.

Jaebum reached over the coat and also felt it, "I could sleep with this and use it as a pajama. It's soft and warm."

"What a coincidence" he exclaimed, "Pastel blue's also my favorite color"

"It is? I always thought it was a darker shade of blue" Jaebum surprised at the sudden spill of facts.

Jinyoung shook his head, "Pastel. It's pastel" softly smiling, still feeling the cloth beneath his palm.

Jaebum had his suspicion who the admirer was but he also felt so unsure. He wasn't confident about his speculations but maybe, just maybe it was his rival for the longest, maybe it was the person who Jinyoung fell for and the person who broke Jinyoung's heart. It couldn't be, right? It couldn't be Mark Tuan, right? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: a pretty short update since i am much preoccupied with family matters, my grandfather just recently passed away and it's taking a toll on all of us. but i still manage to write from time to time while i'm on my grandfather's wake. but i hope you atleast read this chapter haha. just highlighting on some short flashbacks of markjin.