Chapter 17

A Taste of Life

A Markjin fiction
a chaptered fan fic


Everything came to a stop for Jinyoung as his breath hitched at the words coming right out from Jaebum’s lips. Did he hear that right? “W-What?” Jinyoung leaned in, did he hear that right? Was his imagination playing around with him?

Jaebum sternly looked at Jinyoung straight in the eyes, no trace of doubts in his pair of orbs just pure honesty and sadness “I said I’m letting you go, Nyoung. We could file a divorce right away. It won’t be easy but I will go through this for you happiness”

“Hyung” Jinyoung exclaimed “Why are you doing this? Please. Not for me. I- I also cannot see you hurting and suffering because of me. Filing a divorce is complicated and hard and also it takes long and it stresses you, both mentally and physically”

“It’s also not for you, Nyoung. Ever since the break up, you weren’t that happy-go-lucky guy we knew before and we started dating I knew what my chances were because I truly believed whatever destiny and fate you had with Mark. I knew I wasn’t completely 100% present inside your heart, yes; you love me but not as much as you love Mark. A part of you was gone when you both broke up, Nyoung” Jaebum’s bottom lip quivered, letting his emotions be exposed for once and Jinyoung felt guilty than he already is “Jinyoung. We are still young, i can find happiness and you reattach your red string f fate with Mark. I might be sad for now but I will be happy, happier than before”

Jinyoung crawled towards Jaebum, giving him a tight hug, a hug saying how sorry and thankful he was, how everything will be alright and how everything will put to pieces again “I don’t deserve your kindness but you showed me still how kind you are and selfless. And I cannot thank you enough” squeezing Jaebum to a tight hug before pecking a kiss on the cheek.

“Jinyoung−” Jaebum said once their hug broke

Jinyoung look up at him and said “Yes?”

“Just do me one favour”

“What is it?”

“Please don’t let go of each other again. I can’t risk seeing the both of you breaking up again”

Jinyoung nodded with a soft smile. No matter what, he won’t let go of Mark ever again. No matter how bad the weather may get, he would never let go of his hand.

 

The next day felt so slow, Jinyoung woke up with an empty space beside him, Jaebum leaving early for work which he usually does when he felt like he needed to catch up on the routines. And as for Jinyoung, he lazily got up from the bed and headed to the shower before munching of his cereals for breakfast.

It felt like forever when he entered his company building and everyone were either busy coming in and out from offices or staring blankly on their articles. It was a cold weather and desks were either had hot coffee or hot choco and for Jinyoung he just wanted to get out and to get to Mark. Tell him about what Jaebum had decided and no matter how bad Jinyoung felt he couldn’t hide a tad of happiness he was feeling and he just wanted to get out and share that tad of happiness with Mark.

“Good morning to you too, Mr Grumpy” Bambam sarcastically greeted when Jinyoung entered the office, closing the wooden door with a loud bang before dropping his business bag over his desk and flopped himself on his leather seat, releasing a loud groan, feeling groggy about the time being as slow as a snail.

“Sorry. I just don’t feel like working” Jinyoung groaned once more, Bambam mentally counted the groans Jinyoung released; it’s the fifth time today. “Is Yugyeom already in the office?” Jinyoung asked earning Bambam to shake his head “He’ll be here soon, why?” “Tell him to buy me a hot Americano, I’ll pay him once he gets here” which what Bambam did.

After a passing exact twenty minutes, Yugyeom welcomed himself in the office then placed a hot Americano over Jinyoung’s desk, the latter muttered short thanks before Yugyeom placed Bambam’s Frappuccino over the younger’s desk. Yugyeom lingered longer in the room, swaying his body side to side giving Bambam a knowing glance and stealing glances towards Jinyoung.

“Don’t you have work to do?” Jinyoung glanced at Yugyeom through his reading glasses. Yugyeom slowly walked towards his desk once again, slowly leaning towards Jinyoung. Jinyoung who was uncomfortable at the invasion of his personal space, leaned back “Do you want something?” he said before sipping on his hot beverage.

Yugyeom whispered “How did last night go?” the exact words almost made Jinyoung  spit on his laptop screen, eyes wide as Bambam also came to Jinyoung’s desk “I heard something steamy from Jackson hyung” Bambam wiggled his brows. Jinyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes and putting down his reading glasses “I can’t believe you guys. This is a work space; let’s discuss it when we are out of work”

“Just say yes or no. C’mon” Yugyeom insisted “Did you like it? Was Mark hyung good? Did you love it?” Both the younger ones leaned in on Jinyoung, insisting the latter to answer.

“If I answer, will you stop bugging me?” earning a nod from the excited pair.

Jinyoung swallowed the lump on his throat before giving them a low answer “Yes. Yes and... y-yes”

The pair squealed, bouncing up and down around the office. Jinyoung was beat red in a second, embarrassed about admitting it out loud.

Yugyeom squealed even after exiting the office to his office. Jinyoung hoped Yugyeom won’t spill it around from excitement.

 

Work finished at exactly 6pm, Jinyoung packed his stuffs hurriedly inside his business bag and before he could dash towards the door, Bambam called him “Are you heading to Mark hyung’s?” Bambam wasn’t supposed to know what he’ll be doing in Mark’s place since the rest still hasn’t known what he and Jaebum had settled with and Bambam wasn’t supposed to know what it was. Jaebum and he made it clear with each other that they’d be officially announcing it when the tides had calmed down.

“I just have something to give to him before he flies back” he lied, he didn’t even know when Mark’s flight back to LA was and that moment he had reminded that Mark won’t be staying here longer, Mark might fly back tomorrow and the mere thought of it panicked him. Mark must know this before he flies back.

Bambam nodded, smiling at how everything was finally right in his eyes. Or so he thought. He grinned at Jinyoung “Send him my regards and tell him we should hang out with us before they fly back” Jinyoung gave him a thumbs up and walked out the office to the parking lot. Before pressing on the gas, he sent Mark a text message “Don’t go anywhere. I’m coming over and I have something important to tell you”. Tucking his phone back to the inside of his suit, he impatiently drove down the road to Mark’s condo.

 

Mark’s condo was silent, every light were lit and Jinyoung would presume he had guests before he texted the older one. He punched in the digits and welcomed himself for the second time inside Mark’s house. Carefully walking to the main living room, he softly called for Mark “Mark hyung?” when he had searched every corner of the first floor and haven’t found a specific blonde, he climbed to the second floor to Mark’s room.

Everything but Mark’s room was lit, the lights were turned off, and the street light and the moon illuminating were the only light source inside Mark’s room. The double door to the balcony was open, curtains softly fluttering from the soft wind from outside.

Jinyoung walked towards the balcony and was welcomed by a sight of a busy street, street lamps, the hand river and the smell of freshly lit cigarette. Mark was leaning on the railings, eyes busy observing the cars below, lips busy puffing out smoke and his fingers tapping the extra ashes out.

“Mark hyung” Jinyoung called once more, earning Mark to slightly tilt his head to where Jinyoung was, he softly smiled at the younger “Jinyoungie”

The nickname made Jinyoung grin in delight as he walked towards to his hyung, leaning on the railings, elbow over them beside Mark “What is that something important you want to say to me?” Mark looked at him before the cigarette once more, puffing the smoke out at the opposite direction from Jinyoung.

“You’re smoking” Jinyoung stated “Smoking meant you are anxious” it startled Mark, Jinyoung shouldn’t have known it and by Mark’s expression Jinyoung replied to him before Mark had the chance to speak “Youngjae told me, more like spilled” he chuckled, Mark nodded before crushing the cigarette dead over the railings. Mark leaned on in his side; focus all on Jinyoung “Once again. What was that something important that you don’t want me to go anywhere?”

“Do you want to do it here, above the bustling streets of Seoul?” Jinyoung asked, glancing at the series of red lights below then dragging his eyes to Mark who mirrored his own “Whatever you want” Mark shrugged. Jinyoung snickered, smiling at how laid back Mark seems compared to the previous days, he held Mark’s hand and dragged him back inside his bedroom to the stairs then to Mark’s living room. Seems like a common spot for talking, whether with Jinyoung or with the boys.

“Do you at least want to eat or drink something?” Mark suggested, looking down at Jinyoung who had managed to make himself comfortable on the sofa “Anything you have there” Jinyoung smiled before Mark retreated to his kitchen, grabbing two glasses and a cartoon of pineapple juice and a bowl of nacho chips with some dips then settling them over the glass table before he flopped on the sofa.

“So? Something important...” Mark trailed, munching on the chips as Jinyoung scooted closer to Mark, readying himself to speak. He hadn’t thought about how he will say it to Mark and knowing Mark, he would also be confused when Jinyoung reveals it. Now or never, Jinyoung encouraged himself, gulping down a glass of pineapple juice before speaking the main subject tonight.

“Last night... I talked to Jaebum about us...” Jinyoung observed Mark who sat up straight at the mention of Jaebum and his eyes widened upon the mention of them both, he continued “he knew about the kiss and us... making love because I told him” observing Mark once more, the latter’s eyes were in sheer panic and shock.

“I never have meant to betray him” Mark said, chewing on his bottom lip “Hyung, let me continue. He isn’t mad, he may have been upset but not in rage or was he mad. None of it, hyung’ Jinyoung said as he held Mark’s hand, reassuring him their friendship with Jaebum isn’t completely broken.

“He knows that I love you, he knows from the start when he and I started dating and as we got married, he knew and he hadn’t tried to deny it. It was like he knew we were fated to be together, you and me. It was like that ever since we dated, Mark, Jaebum saw how we completed each other”

Jinyoung chuckled at how he tried to say them out loud, he wasn’t used to mention things like fate nor destiny but as he spoke them, he felt young and in love and even though it wasn’t in the right situation, still he managed to feel sweet over those words in front of the man he genuinely love.

“It sounds cheesy, I know. But Jaebum believed we were like attached to some red string of fate”

“He knows but he still loved you despite it all, you deserve a man like that Jinyoung. I wouldn’t want you to miss the opportunity to meet a guy like that. Despite your love for me, he managed to accept it and kept loving you” Jinyoung was beyond startled at the words spoken by Mark. Where was he going with this? Does he not know the direction of what he said to him? Didn’t he find the context clue about Jaebum letting him go? Was Mark always this naive?

“You don’t get it do you?” Jinyoung snapped

Mark creased his forehead, confused “I get it though? You’re telling me how kind and accepting Jaebum is despite us kissing two nights before and making love last night. I get it clearly, Nyoung. You are lucky and I’m not mad at it, I am more than happy but that doesn’t mean I’m neither hurt nor heartbroken”

Jinyoung aggressively shook his head, burying his face over his palm in frustration as he groaned “Ohh my god. How can you be this naive?” he grunted.

“Me? Naive? Jinyoung, you’re naive here. Jaebum is right in front of you this whole time! He accepted you and kept understanding you and was beside you this whole time! He is a lot better than me at loving you. I can’t compare to the love he has for you” Mark argued, leaning on to Jinyoung who still had his face buried over this palm, grunting and shaking his head, never wanting to hear the words from Mark’s mouth.

“No, Mark. You don’t get it, oh my god” Jinyoung finally faced him, eyes begging to listen to him, to hear him out and to understand where the conversation is heading.

“He loves you!”

“You don’t get it!”

“I get it! I do get −”

“He’s letting me go, Mark! He’s letting me go” Jinyoung screamed, eyes pleading as his neck reddened at the effort he executed for Mark to snap out of it and listen to him.

“W-What do you mean? He’s letting you go? What...” Mark remained confused, why would he let him go? What does that mean?

“We’re getting a divorce, Mark. That’s what it means. Did you get it now, Mark?” Jinyoung said, resting his palm over Mark’s cheek as the latter remained still, mouth agape as he looked at Jinyoung straight in the eyes, confusion evident.

Mark began to speak up, softly “D-divorce? Why? IS it because of me?” regret stained in his voice.

“No, love. It’s because he saw how I love you more than I love him and he wants us to be both happy” he reassured the elder, both palms over his cheek, face closer to each other “He’s doing this for the both of us, he couldn’t take seeing us both suffering because you also love me a lot like I love you, Mark”

“I-I don’t... I don’t know how, what to feel about this. I can’t be happy or sad about this. It’s like I’m messing you both up”

“No. No. It’s not because of you, hyung. He told us to never let go of each other, let’s at least do that for him, huh? You can be happy about this. We can both be happy about this”

Mark rested both his hand over Jinyoung’s, smoothing the latter’s hands with his thumb “Do the other boys know?” Jinyoung shook his head; let’s tell them the three of us should tell them before... before you and Youngjae fly back to LA”

Mark cursed, he hadn’t thought about LA and his company waiting for him and the piles of documents to be approved by his signature “I have less than three days until our flight”

Jinyoung was surprised, hands falling back over his legs “That soon?” expression disappointed as Mark brought Jinyoung’s hand to his own, rubbing it in comfort “It’s disappointing. I can’t be with you through the process. I can’t be with you physically”

“Let’s just talk over face time, hyung” Jinyoung still felt disappointed about Mark’s departure soon, cursing the latter’s company and the paperwork’s and the documents and his co-workers “I’ll stay up to call you, you don’t have to worry. I know the process will drain you but I could heal you at least even just a little” Mark softly smiled, Jinyoung couldn’t help but smile at how contagious Mark’s smile is so he nodded “You won’t heal me just a little but you would heal me completely”

 

The time of the announcement finally came, Jinyoung felt like drinking a whole gallon of water at how nervous he was, Mark didn’t want to come or more like Mark thought about the situation and him being there wouldn’t give clarity to what Jaebum might announce. This was Jaebum’s moment, Mark told Jinyoung over the phone. He wanted Jaebum to have this and Jaebum accepted it and clearly understood where Mark was going with this as Jinyoung told him about Mark’s reasons.

“It would be really awkward is the three of us would be there, right?” Jinyoung said, on their way to the restaurant, Jaebum chuckled at the situation if ever Mark would’ve been there “The guys might feel some tension but I, myself isn’t indifferent towards it. I expected this to come sooner but now would probably the best time, too” Jaebum smiled, this might be something big for him, not literally a big loss but still feels like it but he knows something and someone, someday would come and sweep him off of his feet and make him feel like how Mark makes Jinyoung feel, indescribable.

“I would be complaining why Mark isn’t here but maybe you guys have a good reason” Jackson said, pulling the chair before sitting right in front of the boys around the big, circular table inside the VIP room. “It was a mutual decision that it was best for Mark not to show up” Jaebum warmly smiled at the guys, Bambam, Yugyeom, Jackson and Youngjae leaned i, waiting for Jaebum’s announcement while Jinyoung sat silently beside Jaebum.

They waited for their food to arrive before settling to a conversation “I’m curious and scared at the same time” Bambam said, cutting his steak in half and ate it. “Me too” Jackson seconded, talking while his mouth was full, Yugyeom nodded too, sipping on his favourite apple juice. “Me too, hyung. But I’ll presume you’ll announce it after we finish eating” Youngjae spoke, Jaebum smiled at the younger one and nodded “I don’t want to see you guys choke to your death”

With that, the three boys munched on their food faster, cutting it in halves and shoving it in their mouth, swallowing them without properly chewing it, impatient about Jaebum’s style of waiting. The rest took their time to eat, Jinyoung made a face when Jackson choked on a small bone before chugging a whole glass of water “I’m done” Jackson said, exaggeratedly placing the glass on the table.

“Okay” Jaebum settled his utensils after everyone had cleared their plate, the rest sat upright and also did Jinyoung, he felt nervous and was thankful he wouldn’t be speaking a lot today, he faced Jaebum who gave him a nod then averted his gaze back to their friends. Jaebum cleared his throat “This announcement might shock you but I know, we all know this is for the better” he started; the boys silently listened, respecting Jaebum, to finish speaking before they could speak up.

“It was a mutual decision between us that I’m letting Jinyoung go”

The room fell in to silence, eyes bulging out of the sockets and jaw dropping, Jackson closed and opened his mouth, he was also shocked and confused like the rest and it was for a solid two minutes until someone spoke “You mean a divorce?” Youngjae made sure.

“Divorce makes it seem like there’s a bitter feeling on both ends, it is divorce but Jinyoung and I had come to a conclusion. I don’t want this to seem like a sad ending, it is not, because this is just the start for both Jinyoung’s life and my life, separately”

“Is it okay, with you Jinyoung? You’re awfully silent today” Jackson said, attention averted to him as he fiddles with his fingers under the table “I’m okay with it. Jaebum reassured to me that it was okay and he was happy for me but I can’t be all that 100% happy knowing what the next step is going to be. It’ll drain us mentally, physically and emotionally” he said and warmly smiled at Jaebum who mirrored his own.

“Mark hyung, does he know?” Yugyeom asked which Jinyoung replied with a nod “I talked to him yesterday”. “How did he take it?” the youngest asked once more, Jinyoung knew how Yugyeom cared deeply of his hyung so it wasn’t a surprise for him when Yugyeom asked him about Mark “He was confused, he felt guilty and didn’t instantly accepted it” Jinyoung faced Jaebum who looked at him and nodded, chewing on his bottom lip “But I told him what Jaebum hyung also had told me and he slowly accepted it. He couldn’t waste the sacrifice Jaebum made”

“Are you okay with it Jinyoung hyung? We’ll fly off tomorrow” Youngjae had sadness written all over his face, he himself was also cursing at the responsibilities left in the company, Jinyoung nodded “Mark and I talked about it and I’m fine, he’ll call from time to time” Jinyoung knew himself it would be hard for him and Mark, one problem would be distance, another one would be the time difference and also Mark’s hectic schedule, he’s guessing once Mark returns, it’ll all be paper works and more paper works, overtimes and less sleeping.

“That soon?” Jaebum asked, Youngjae nodded “We’ve been gone for a week or so” the latter explained, earning Jaebum’s shoulder to slump “I wanted to talk something to him... or we could send them both off tomorrow” Jackson squealed in delight followed by aggressive nods by the other two boys “Yes please”

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung had arrived at their unit and it wouldn’t be long for them to live separately “So what are you and Mark exactly?” Jaebum teased, “I don’t mind you sharing it with me” Jinyoung eyed Jaebum carefully “Are you really okay with it?” Jaebum nodded in response “I wouldn’t have let you go if I wasn’t okay with all of these. So what are you and Mark now?”

Jinyoung shrugged “I honestly don’t know, things happened quickly that I didn’t realize everything around me, that this was reality” Jaebum snickered, “I never felt so light, like my worries are mostly gone and I think I could really start when we are done with everything”

“I don’t know if I should be happy or offended” Jinyoung joked, the atmosphere had become lighter than the previews days and Jinyoung knew everything will be alright and everything will fall back in to place, them happy and Jaebum happy.

“You should claim Mark as your tomorrow before he flies off to LA. You’d never know what might happen in the land of the free” Jaebum joked, earning a gasp from Jinyoung “Seriously? He wouldn’t”

Jaebum snickered “Blonde hair, blue eyes, bigger... never mind” A sofa pillow went flying towards Jaebum’s way, catching it right before it smacks his face “Don’t worry, I will make him mine tomorrow. Anyways, I’ll be sleeping at a separate room because you know...” Jinyoung patted Jaebum before retreating to the next room.

 

“Don’t forget to call me, okay?” Jackson hugged Mark tightly, snuggling as his chin rested o Mark’s shoulder “Call me. I will be waiting everyday”

Bambam and Yugyeom ran towards where Mark was and gave him a bone crushing hug while Jackson was still around Mark, never wanting to let go. Mark giggled “I will miss you guys. Visit us soon there” earning three head to nod.

Youngjae was busy talking to Jinyoung about Mark’s responsibilities in the company “He often stays up all day, he’s a perfectionist and sometimes I just want to hip his laptop and let him sleep for even an hour. He doesn’t listen to me so if you ever talk to him over face time, please tell him to rest” Jinyoung nodded “You too, Youngjae. I care a lot about you and your health. When you back hurt, go straight to a specialist, okay? I hope to visit you guys soon but for this year, I think it isn’t possible, yet” Youngjae nodded in understanding, what Jinyoung and Jaebum had signed up for isn’t as easy as what people think but he hopes and prays each will have their happy ever after.

“Youngjae-ah!” Jackson dashed towards the younger, giving his this time a bone crushing hug “Please don’t forget about me!” Jackson whined, followed by two tails hugging Youngjae by the back “Youngjae hyung. Please take care and visit us soon” “Please don’t overdo playing Overwatch” earning a distant giggle from Mark. Youngjae grunted at the tight hugs “Let go” Youngjae commanded but the three boys didn’t budge.

“Yah. Let him go, his back might hurt again” Jaebum showed up out of nowhere, startling three boys and scrambled, hiding behind Mark who chuckled.

“Thank you hyung” Youngjae said earning a nod from the older one “I can see the annoyed expression on your face” Jaebum chuckled which Youngjae shyly smiled “But I will miss their presence though” Jaebum nodded “I completely understand. I will miss you guys, too. We promise to visit once we are over with these stuffs”

“I thought you had something to say to Mark?” Jinyoung reminded Jaebum; the older one looked at him “Oh you want to be the one to talk to him last? I was waiting for you to approach him but sure, sure, save the best for last” Jaebum teased, Jinyoung had to hide his blushing face which was clearly noticed by Youngjae who was fondly staring at him.

Jaebum approached Mark, making sure no one was near them “Mark hyung” Mark faced him, he still wasn’t sure how to act in front of the younger one since it was the first time they talked after the announcement. The boys were silently observing them and Mark felt their stares, so does Jaebum “I told you its okay. I’m fine so don’t act so frozen in front of me, hyung”

Mark let out a small smile “What you did wasn’t expected, I was shocked. I told you I was ready to let him go, Jaebum” looking at the younger who just smiled at him and he himself couldn’t help but smile too “I beat you to it and when we are done with these, you can marry Jinyoung and settle down in LA”

Mark was beyond surprised at Jaebum’s sudden suggestions “M-marry? We aren’t even dating yet. And settle down in LA? Jinyoung will surely miss his family and you guys. I could just settles here and work at the same time”

“And risk you position as a CEO? No. I won’t allow that. And I bet Jinyoung will settles down in LA with you, he loves you too much, Mark. I hope you could see that, like a lot. And dating? Trust me, you’d be dating before you could get back to LA” Jaebum snickered, leaving Mark confused. What does he mean by that? “Oh yeah, Jinyoung wants to be the last one to talk to you. Save the best for last” Jaebum patted Mark on the back before joining what the younger ones were doing.

Without a second to spare, Jinyoung went straight to Mark. It had only been a day but he already missed Mark, he doesn’t know how he will handle being away from him again “Hyung” Jinyoung pouted when Mark grinned at him saying “Save the best for last” which earned the older to laugh. Jinyoung will definitely miss him smile, his eyes, his set of teeth, his touches, and his warmth, basically everything about Mark Tuan. Mark slowly reached for his hand, rubbing circles on the younger’s palm to lessen the sadness in his eyes “We still get to see each other, you know” Jinyoung shook his head because it will never be the same “Totally different” dropping his head low, it’ll be less than thirty minutes until Mark and Youngjae will board the plane.

“We could still talk on the phone and Skype, face time” Mark said but Jinyoung still shook his head “It’s different. I can’t touch you, cannot kiss you. I cannot hold your hands like this. It’s totally different” the younger one pouted, swaying his and Mark’s arm together “What?” Mark teased, wanting to see Jinyoung’s reaction and it totally made him grin wide and giggle when Jinyoung swatted Mark’s hand, pouting as he crossed his arm together “You’re not romantic at all”

“Awe, don’t be like that Jinyoungie” Mark used Jinyoung’s weakness against him but seemed Jinyoung was really sulking when he didn’t budge “Let me make it up to you. I’ll give you a gift” Jinyoung rolled his eyes “If you’re planning on giving me a finger heart, I will tear your boarding pass” earning a giggle from Mark once more.

“Give me your palm, open your palm” Mark told him which Jinyoung obliged after scoffing and telling Mark about palm kisses. Mark slowly placed his closed hand over Jinyoung’s open palm and slowly opened them; Jinyoung flinched when he felt something cold and as Mark moved his hand away to bury it again inside his pocket. Jinyoung was shocked “K-key? This doesn’t look like a car key so what is this key for?” He had his eyes wide, averting his eyes to Mark then to the keys.

“You can keep that , you can stay in my house” mark warmly smiled, he knew Jinyoung and Jaebum would be living separately soon and Jinyoung was worried about looking for an affordable apartment within Seoul and he was surprised yet happy that Mark had thought of him “I worry a lot about you so just live comfortably”

Jinyoung warmly smiled “Thank you, hyung” grabbing Mark’s free hand once more and intertwining it with his “You have no idea how thankful I am and I’ll miss you a lot” Mark squeezed Jinyoung hand, reassuring the latter that it will all be okay.

Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 46B to Los Angeles. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you

“Well, we should prepare are head for boarding” mark softly smiled, rubbing small circles on the younger’s hand. Jinyoung felt like time was so fast, could it go any slower? How long will it take for them to see one another again?

Mark nodded at Youngjae, signalling him they should go now. Youngjae grabbed his hand carry then bid the boys a good bye, hugging them then patting them on the back. “Let’s see each other in California, soon” Youngjae said. Mark grabbed his luggage and before he could go to the guys and give them a hug, Jinyoung pulled his wrist, surprising Mark. Jinyoung had thins look of confusion like he wants to say something but doesn’t want to.

“Just say it” Jaebum encouraged Jinyoung, snickering when Jinyoung gave him a glare.

“What? Are you going to propose because Jinyoung you know it’s not possible, yet” Mark teased, looking at Jinyoung who was mentally preparing himself as the rest of the boys observe what might about to happen.

“Y-you. I’m your boyfriend now, we’re dating. You’re mine and nobody can touch you over there at the other side of the world especially those blue eyed blonde guys” Jinyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes. Index finger pointing at Mark, he seriously said “You’re mine, alright?”

The rest had their palm over their face; Mark stared at him, stupidly grinning at how Jinyoung’s style of courtship was way unique. “That’s a new way to ask someone to be your boyfriend, Jinyoungie” nevertheless he nodded “Sure. I’m yours, you’re mine” (woh uri maengsehaebolkka let’s try it maeume gyeyageul hae let’s sign it)

“We’ll board now. See you guys pretty soon” Mark gave each the guys a tight hug before facing Jinyoung once more “And we’ll keep in touch once we land” Mark leaned in and gave Jinyoung a soft peck on the forehead then whispered as his lips hovered over the younger’s forehead “This is the reason why I’m the top. Your courtship was funny though” Mark snickered as he leaned back, taking his luggage with him.

“Whatever Tuan” Jinyoung pouted as Mark waved them goodbye and Youngjae following behind. Jinyoung’s going back to his normal pace in life, a life with no Mark near him and he felt empty once again but it’ll last as he will patiently wait for Mark’s call.

 

The flight was expectedly long; Mark was thankful enough that he bought the business class type for him and Youngjae. When the intercom announced that they’ll be landing in fifteen minutes, Mark never felt so relieved, wanting to shower and continue on with his busy CEO life.

Mark and Youngjae was met by the familiar air of LA and it’s familiar skyscrapers, Mark instantly noticed their driver waiting for them by the pillar beside their ride.

“Jason!” Mark called; the driver snapped at Mark’s direction and went to him and Youngjae to get their luggage “Welcome back, Mr Tuan and Mr Choi. How was the vacation?” Jason asked as he dragged the luggage to the trunk. “A rollercoaster ride” Mark snickered, Youngjae looked at his hyung and smiled before they entered the car.

Mark had no time to lazy around since he expect to have a pile of paperwork to do, to sign and maybe presentations to make if he wasn’t lucky. So he took a quick shower, changed himself in his usual work suit, drying his hair with a hair dryer then combing it to look neat and presentable. Strutting his way inside his company, workers greeted him asked how the vacation was before retreating back to their tasks.

Youngjae was seated on his desk when Mark arrived at the company “You didn’t shower?” he asked the younger. Youngjae gasped “I did! I was just faster at it compared to you” Mark chuckled at his flustered dongsaeng before he made his way inside his office.

It was an hour when Mark suddenly remembered about calling Jinyoung, before he could punch in Jinyoung’s contact number, his phone rang. It was Jinyoung. Mark smiled at himself before clearing his throat and answered the call.

“You miss me already?” Mark teased, he was sure Jinyoung was rolling his eyes “You didn’t call. I waited for 16 hours, of course I slept but I set up an alarm. Why didn’t you call?”

Mark couldn’t hide the grin from showing. Jinyoung’s totally the end of him “Sorry, Jinyoungie. I didn’t even have the time to eat lunch at how busy I am” Mark pouted, knowing Jinyoung might not even see it but it was worth a shot.

“You haven’t had something to eat?!” Jinyoung gasped “Your secretary must bring you a complete meal set i swear to god! What do you usually eat when you’re this busy?”

Mark bit his lip, guilty about how messed up his diet was “Um... protein bar?” And with that Jinyoung shrieked from the other line “What?! No wonder why you’re thin! I swear, when I’m done here I will make you a meal everyday” And here is where Mark realized how blessed and thankful he was, where he realized how he love Jinyoung, more than he thought so “I love you” Mark suddenly said, interrupting Jinyoung’s speech “What’s up with you” Confusion evident on the younger’s voice “I just love you, so much” Mark softly said and he knew Jinyoung was smiling over the other line when the younger replied with a similar confession “I love you too, Mark hyung. A lot”

 


A/N: How do you think this chapter was lmao hit me up and leave something on my ask.fm and  twitter  The end was hurriedly made and my eyes are so heavy right now omfg i apologize if there may be errors since i encoded them late at night like 3am i mean early in the morning lmao i feel like im floating so AND OH next chapter will be the last and no need to worry about anything since everything is solved, these are just like additions scenes and what happens after haha. hope you loved or liked or hated the fic so far.