A/N

(LeoN/NEO) If You...

Thank you for reading! 

There's been so many changes once again to creating this fanfic that I almost think it's silly! I actually took a complete turn of events from how I originally planned out this story to be and it was honestly too wishy-washy. It probably could have been like another 20 chapters if I stuck to the original storyboard but than I'd probably just want to smack Hakyeon by the end if you guys knew all the drama that was in the original storyboard that I had in mind.

But I'm glad it ended up at the place where it is today.

The title of this fanfic < If You > has a few inspirations (as always...)

First because I'm a BIGBANG fan (10 years VIP) and second because Ailee is Queen and third, because I'm VIXX trash :D

Both BIGBANG and Ailee released a song of the same title 'If You' with different meanings:

  • If it's not too late, can we get back together - BIGBANG
  • If I love again again and it's not you... I can't love - Ailee

With those two songs in mind and being the background inspiration for this story, I decided to make this story after rewatching VIXX's Hanakaze 「花風」MV and listening to the song several times. I really love VIXX's Japanese songs and they're all so beautifully written/composed. 

Romance in a story is always a really beautiful thing and at the same time, I wanted to convey a message of pursuing one's dreams or goals. 

'Go your own way, believe in yourself. You are fine as you.'
 
Such beautiful lyrics don't you think so?
 
I'm actually in my mid 20s to be honest, and still searching for what I'm truly passionate about but the world is so vast and so much to discover that I want to try new things every day. Remember when VIXX was asked what they would be if they weren't idol singers? Hakyeon was going to be a teacher and Taekwoon could have been a pro-soccer player at one point.
 
And ending < If You > was actually a lot harder than it was to end my previous NEO fanfic < The World of Us > . 
 
BONUS!! 
 
If you have stuck around since my first fanfic < The World of Us > and have gotten to the end of this author's note, I will spoil to you all that this fanfic is actually part of the mini trilogy of NEO fanfic I had planned for since the beginning of my other fanfic! (wait, what?!?!)
 
Which means... < Dream.scape > is actually an indirect sequel of my previous two fanfics as well!!
 
1. The World of Us
2. If You
3. Dream.scape
 
 
So once again, thank you all for reading and I hope to see you on the other side ~~~