Playing with My Feelings

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There are wounds that never show on the body. Wounds much deeper and hurtful than anything that bleeds,"

The winged pendant was gripped tightly in his palm as his veins ran cold and his voice dropped by an octave. "What do you mean she's back?" He spoke into the phone. "Exactly what it sounds like. She's back, Jungkook. We all saw it. The Thorned Lion. It was everywhere! On the bike, the scope and the timing is just-"

"Stop, Hyung,” Jungkook hissed. The receiver went silent as Jungkook took in a deep breath and spoke again with an apologetic tone. "I'm sorry. I just-"

"I understand. You need time. Don't worry. Rap Mon won't be putting you in that field for a while. V will be taking your place for now regarding this," A sigh of relief left the younger boy's lips. "Thanks, Jimin Hyung," Jimin hummed. "You'll be picking up Eunji later right?" Jimin took Jungkook's silence as a yes. "Rap Mon has transferred some cash into your account. Take the poor girl out for some change of clothes and...I don't know, buy what she needs and stuff,"

At Jimin's vague instructions, Jungkook closed his eyes and rested his head on to the side of a brick wall. "Thanks. That was helpful,"

"Hey, hey! You be grateful. While you're over there having fun with your date, I'm here cleaning up the that you and the other members caused. For God's sake, stop going out in open spaces with cameras recording your every move. We have enough people trying to kill us already and I am not moving. I refused. The restaurant down the road serves the best Jajangmyeon. No. you all. I'm staying,"

Sometimes Jungkook forgets that he is the maknae. "Ne, Hyung. I will not go out into open spaces and risk you losing your favourite restaurant," Although sincerity will be the last thing Jungkook intended that sentence to be, Jimin seemed satisfied enough. "Good. Now go pick the poor girl up and stop loitering around alleyways, you creep," and the call ended with a beep.

Jungkook frowned. How did- A small red dot blinking in the shadows caught his eye. Oh. No wonder Jimin was being so pissy. Doing a small peace sign to the camera, Jungkook shoved the pendant deep into the front pocket of his jeans and headed to the nearest bank to check the dough Rap Monster has given him for his 'errand'.

"YOU. !"

A blurry image of red flaming hair flashed and the next thing Eunji knew, she was toppling to the ground and landed herself in a choke hold. "K-Kaity! I can't...breathe!" Eunji wheezed. "That's the point! Who do you think you are to not contact us at all for 24 hours after something like that! You disappeared for 24 hours, you dumb! You were considered as a missing case report!" Unable to speak to defend herself, Eunji persistently taps Kaity's forearm which was wrapped tightly around her neck.

"Kaity stop! She's going red!"

"Still not as red as my hair! Nope! I ain't done!"

"Oh for crying out loud, let her go!" Jen rushed forward and begun swatting Kaity's arm away like pesky flies. Relentlessly, Kaity released her death hold on Eunji and the poor girl got to her knees and started gulping greedily for air. "Such a warm welcome. I can almost feel the love," a warm voice rang from the hospital bed. Forgetting about the need for air, Eunji scrambled to her feet and rushed to the bedside. "Aunty!" She cried and enveloped herself in her aunt's loving arms. "I thought you were a goner," small drops of tears accumulated at the corner of Eunji's eyes, but yet she refused to cry. "You silly girl. Do I look dead to you? Now stop clinging on to me and tell us where you were for the past 24 hours. Your friends have been looking for you everywhere,"

"I-I..." Eunji didn't know what she should say. I was at a boy's house. Dead or not, her aunt will be coming for if she said that. I'm somehow involved and stuck between a dangerous gang war. That'd be even worse. "I..." her eyes darted around all the inquisitive faces that were demanding for a reasonable answer. "I was with a friend!"

Jungkook? A friend? Hah. She can imagine Jungkook's face of distaste. She had almost mirrored that image on her face too.

"No offence but...what other friends do you have beside us? We're all the friends you need," Jen nudged Kaity on the side harshly. "Ouch! What?! I said 'no offence'," Jen rolled her eyes. "No offence, Kaity but sometimes, you're really stupid," Kaity opened for a comeback but no witty words could be thought. "Okay, point taken,"

Minji being the only adult here, was not dropping the subject at hand anytime soon. "Who, Eunji? Where did you meet this friend?" Eunji didn't know if she should be insulted at how no one believes she'd have a wider social life or touched at how they knew her so well. Probably a mix of both. "He drops by the cafe at times. We're about the same age so we started talking,"

Their ears perked up at the mention of ‘he’. A sly grin appeared on the girl's face. "He cute? Is he from our neighbour school? Oh! Is he why you've been so distracted lately? Why haven't we heard of him?"

Overwhelmed, Eunji deflected all verbal blows while swiping her hand around. "Enough! I already told you who I was with. Now I need some answers too. How did the fire start? It made no sense. We've done technical checks every now and then. The chances of a fire starting in our home compared to the neighbours is like a 1 to 100,"

The others turn eerily quiet. Minji's face, in particular, turning solemn. "What?"

"They couldn't tell. As you said, our wiring system in the house was brand new and safe. There was just no way a fire could've started,"

"So? What are you implying?" Eunji internally knew what her aunt was implying. The silence just confirms it. It was no accident. "This doesn't make any more sense! If it wasn't an accident then who would hate us that much?"

Mark's angelic face appeared in the back of Eunji's head. He was related to this. She just knew it. This was a part of the gang war that Rap Monster mentioned. But why her? Why was she included in this? "Where's Omi?" Omi has lived in that neighbourhood for years. She must've known something.

"She went out a few moments ago to refill the water jug. Sidenote, if it wasn't for Omi, we wouldn't have known of your disappearance,"

"Or the fire, for that matter," Jen added. "She also contacted the school and told them about your situation. The principle suggests you take a few day off if needed to settle. Omi also requested a fundraiser to raise money for you," At the mention of Omi's behind the scene actions, Eunji's heart softened. How could I suspect h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter