Gunshots And A Mending Heart

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do me a favour and cleanse my memories. That way, I will forget you and all the pain you've put me through,"

“Oppa, what do you think about this?”

Yongmi linked her hands with the tall male beside her as she glided her hand across a beautiful silky white dress.

“It looks like a wedding dress,”

“That’s the point,” she beamed and held the dress against her perfect figure. “What do you think?”

Jin smiled, his eyes warm and inviting, just like how she loves it. “You’re beautiful,”

Blushing, Yongmi placed the dress back on the rack and cleared . “I know…” she muttered and Jin rolled his eyes, a soft smile on his face.

“Excuse me,” he called the worker with a small wave. “Yeah, can I have this?” he pointed towards the elegant dress that Yongmi wanted and she stared at him with slightly ajar.

“I was joking. You don’t need to-“ Jin cut her off. “Wear this on our next date. I’m looking forward to it,” Yongmi bit the bottom of her lip but said no more, her face slowly breaking into a grin.

As Jin held the bag, Yongmi crossed their arms and pecked the corner of his lips lightly. “You know I love you for reasons more than this right?”

Jin bumped his forehead with hers and she chuckled. “And I love you,”

Yongmi never had the chance to wear that dress.

“Ahgasshi, I brought your water,”

The new maid entered and stood perplexed at the door of Yongmi’s grand room. “Erm…ahgasshi?”

Yongmi broke out of her trance and quickly shove a silky white dress back into a cardboard box. “Yes, please place it on the table,”

The young maid nodded and meekly followed her orders, her eyes travelling across the massive room with awe. A huge queen size bed with a walk-in closet, big windows at the side of the room, numerous bookshelves, a flat screen tv and a fancy dressing table.

It was like a mini apartment.

As the maid was about to leave the room, she noticed a childish photo frame, with cartoon characters on the sides and the picture in it. It was Yongmi with an equally handsome man beside her. She was in his arms and they both have their faces stuck side to side as they snap that selfie.

Although the maid was young, she had never seen someone so happy before. The light and love in their eyes were undeniable. The smile they both had just made them more beautiful looking than before. For a minute, the maid felt envious of the joy they shared.

“What are you looking at?” Yongmi snapped and the maid hurriedly scurries out of the room.

Yongmi spotted the photo frame the maid was looking at before and a pang of an indescribable feeling hit her like a rock.

Suddenly, a piercing shatter was heard as Yongmi threw her glass cup towards the photo frame, water spilling across the room and glasses breaking.

“What was that?!”

President Jung entered the room as soon as he heard the glasses breaking along with a row of maids.

The old man frowned when he noticed the condition of the room and the heaving of his daughter. “Out,” he ordered and the maids left them with a shut of the door.

President Jung walked over to the shattered photo frame and picked it up, shaking the bits of glasses off.

“Is this why Dr Moon has been asking me permission to give you excess medication?”

Yongmi closed her eyes and rested her hands on her hips.

“I’m fine appa,”

The father narrowed his eyes but said nothing. He huffed and threw the photo frame on the bed. “Sleep in the guest room. I’ll get the maids to clean this place up,”

Yongmi nodded and swiped the sweat from her forehead, her breathing stabilizing and the voices in her head stopping.

President Jung turned to leave but saw the hidden box at the foot of the bed, the white silky dress peeking from the corners of the box’s lid.

“That dress…you never wore it,”

Yongmi didn’t know why that made her feel worse than she did before.

“Wear it one day. You’ll look beautiful,”

Yongmi smiled, although her heart on the verge of bursting into fine little pieces, the rare compliment from her father brought a genuine smile to her face.

“Ne, appa,”

“She has daddy issues. Always playing to please her strict father. I mean it's understandable since he is the only parent she has,”

“where’s her mom?” Eunji asked as she placed a loaf of bread in the display casing.

Jungkook shrugged, dipping a hard cookie into his tea. “Just not there ever since she was born. Coming from a child that had lack of love and attention from growing up, this was her own way of self-assurance,”

Eunji nodded and dusted her hands on her apron. “I understand. My parents were busy most of the time too. Luckily I had Omi to keep me company,”

“Omi knows?”

“Yeap. We were besties before I left for the US. Since we had similar backgrounds, we were depended on each other. I guess when I left, she was alone for a while…”

Eunji snapped the side of Jungkook’s cookie off and hummed in delight at the delectable flavour of vanilla, the movement catching Jungkook off guard as their fingers grazed upon each other.

. He was being such a flipping .

“So, tell me about the plan,” she asked and leaned over the counter to where Jungkook was sitting.

Jungkook noticed the stray strands of ponytail that was cascading the side of her face and on impulse lifted his hand. They both froze before he could come in contact with her.

“…What are you doing?”

Jungkook awkwardly places his hands on the counter. “There was a bug or something…”Eunji’s mouth shaped into an O as she brushed her shoulders casually just in case there really was a bug.

Jungkook cleared his throat. “Anyway, the wedding ceremony is in a few weeks so I guess by then, we need to get more information about Got7 and Thorned Tiger,”

‘And Jin’s death,’ Jungkook had left that part out on purpose but he had wanted to know.

Why?

Did Yongmi ever love Jin?

Was it really because it was just to please her father?

Or was there something else?

Why?

Jungkook’s heart squeezed at the recollection of how they would huddle up under the stars, lighting up firecrackers and laughing as they drew colours and shapes in the dark. That was just two years ago.

Jin deserved a better death than that.

“I wonder why the part-timer isn’t coming in today. He’s pretty fond of this place,”

Jungkook looked up to see Eunji checking the time on her brand new phone that they bought the day before.

“I guess it’s just you and me then,”

Jungkook returned his gaze to the suddenly interesting tea in front of him. “Just do what you need to do, I’ll be here,”

Eunji hummed and returned to the kitchen, the bakery pretty empty of customers.

Jungkook absentmindedly stirred his tea as he rested his cheek on his palm. Should he teach Eunji a thing or two about self-defence? Although he doesn’t mind, he couldn’t follow her around everywhere like a lap dog.

BTS has been off track in the underground business ever since Jungkook had to watch Eunji.

He sighed and rubbed his face tiredly. He wanted answers, and President Jung was the only one who has it. It was a win-win situation he couldn’t pass up.

‘How two years had passed so fast, hyung,’ he thought wistfully.

“Ji?” Jungkook called aloud when he noticed how quiet she was oddly being in the kitchen. No humming, no clatters from the bowls and mixing spoons. Just pure silence.

“Ji…?” Jungkook slide over the counter, his hand immediately going to his gun.

“Yah, Na Eunji?” Jungkook was panicking now. They were just attacked yesterday. Today too? His hands were getting clammy and cold.

Holding his gun, he shoved the kitchen door open and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter