Do You Have A Death Wish?

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it

The youngest chairwoman to ever run a successful multinational company rested her back against the cool slick metal of her new car. Honestly, what is there that she didn't have? She had everything. The looks, the brain, and the power. She was a walking epitome of every girl's envy.

The tall and gorgeous lady closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, enjoying how the cold brisk air danced against her senses. She sighed longingly.

Man, how she missed the smell of Korea. She had only been gone for a couple of months but yet sometimes she gets nostalgic and misses the cool breeze of air and peace that only Korea seems to carry.

I'm back Jin. Miss me?

Hearing shuffles of footsteps against the brick pavement, Yongmi opened her eyes and glanced from the corner of her eye. In a distance, she could spot a couple exiting from the hospital main doors.

The tall male was walking briskly in front while the shorter female was jogging from behind, attempting to catch up while moved rapidly as though she was scolding the male for something he seemed proud of accomplishing. Yongmi furrowed her delicate eyebrows as she squinted to catch a better glimpse of the familiar male.

Jung...kook?

She couldn't believe it. It has to be him. Six months and he have changed so much psychically and emotionally? He wasn't laughing so carefreely like how he usually does.

His shoulders, although now broader were slouched with defeat, unlike the strong-willed and brave boy he once was. And the spark she had seen the boy emit before had now burned out, leaving wisps of smoke and ashes behind in its place.

Thu-thump.

"You broke him. Just like how you did to me,"

Gulping, Yongmi reached into her purse frantically and felt around for a white pill bottle. Shaking a few capsules out, she swallowed the pills dryly and winced against her headache. But the voice had died.

That's good.

No. This is bad. I did not return to Korea for this.

Making a mental note to contact her personal psychiatrist, Dr. Moon, Yongmi returned her gaze to where she spotted Jungkook look-alike but he wasn't there anymore. She didn't know if she felt disappointed or relieved.

She her heels and gracefully entered her car. Flicking her hair behind her shoulders, she revved the car to life and zoomed out of the hospital's premises.

"Incoming call from 'appa'" Her car flashed on its display screen. Nimbly, her fingers glide across the green button. "Ne appa?"

"You didn't call," a low gruff voice replied. Yongmi smiled warmly. "I wanted it to be a surprise! I'm coming over now so don't be so grumpy," Her father humphed and for a minute Yongmi wondered if her dad wasn't pleased with her return. She felt her heart sinking a little.

"I'll ask Miss Kwon to prepare your favourite dishes. Don't be late,"

Beaming, Yongmi grinned like a little child again. "Ne appa! Be there soon," The weight in her chest lifted and she started humming to the song that was playing on the radio. She thought to herself how the world will always be on her side as long as she has her beloved father with her.

Thu-thump.

"How long will you be locked in the cage you set yourself to be in?"

She halted the car right when the light turned red. Her hands were gripping on to the steering wheel with sheer force until the extend her knuckles begun to turn white. Yongmi glanced at the cream coloured file that sat innocently in the passenger seat with distaste.

"You're supposed to be dead," She spoke to no one in particular while still eyeing the inanimate object. "The dead don't speak," she growled.

When the traffic light turned green, Yongmi released a shaky breath as she whispered, her voice coated with the sense of fear and something much darker.

"So please," she begged.

"Be quiet,"

"Heol. A date? Who do you think you are? " Eunji scoffed before continuing. "Do you think I'm that easy? Do you know how many guys I rejected to go on dates with-"

"I aspire to be on your level of self-love,"

Eunji wrinkled her nose in annoyance. "Jungjerk," She muttered under her breath. Jungkook stopped in his tracks all of a sudden, causing Eunji to bump into him.

"What did you call me?"

Sheepishly fixing her bangs, Eunji avoided having any eye contact with the towering male. "N-nothing," Jungkook peered down at the girl with an unamused expression. "I swore I heard you calling my name with another form of insult...Jung...jerk? Was it?"

Burying her shame, Eunji puffed up her chest and met his glowering eyes. "Yeah. You're right. I did call you that. What's it to you-"

"Ah," he cut her off. "And this Jerk was wondering if he should really spend this money on you..." Jungkook dragged on while waving a thick white envelope in the air.

Eunji fell silent as she gaped at the amount of cash that could be seen from how stuffed the envelope was. It was as though it'd explode its contents any moment.

"J-Jungkook ah~" Eunji sang in a sweet voice. "You're so thoughtful~ Omo! I'd love to go on a date with you-"

"I refuse,"

"Eh?"

Jungkook cast Eunji a once-over before giving her a pitiful smile. "You're not my taste,"

Speechless, Eunji's mouth was agape like a blowfish. Never had her pride been so bashed on before. Who does he think he is.

Jungkook towered the stunned girl with a smug grin. "Next time, don't act like we're more than what we really are. Got it?" Eunji shut and nodded when Jungkook bobbed the envelope on her small nose.

"Let's go. I'm feeling nice today so I'm letting this one go,"

Muting all her grumbles, Eunji pursed her lips into a pout but followed along. She desperately needed a new change of clothes and a more feminine scented shampoo.

Eunji was going places. No one could hold her back as she strolled leisurely from various shops to cafes. Never had Jungkook witness a woman be such a...woman.

She smelled every scented soap, tried on every rack of clothes and took her god damn time in choosing what she wanted to have for lunch. Dessert wasn't any easier. Being the niece of a wonderful baker, Eunji had a habit of savouring every flavour, distinctively tasting every ingredient that was hidden in the small piece of cake.

Jungkook noticed something odd about her behaviour though. Despite eyeing those branded goods with such longing, Eunji would always pick up the cheapest or affordable items.

Maybe she wasn't much of a splurge than he thought she was. He guessed it was a psychological thing. Humans would want what they can't have.

He would follow behind, yawning or touching fabrics of the clothes uninterestedly. From time to time, he'd make sure they were mostly out of the security camera's vicinity after recalling Jimin's nagging that afternoon.

"What about this?" She'd ask for the umpteenth time of the day as she held up a pink loose sweat-shirt to her body.

Although he had his eyes closed while he rests on the couch, he'd nod and continue dozing off. Eunji would pout but repeats the process with another set of clothes.

A few hours had passed when Jungkook felt a harsh kick to his shin. He yelped as he sat upright only to come face to face with a sulking girl. "What?" He asked like a tired parent.

"You're not being helpful," she reprimanded and folded her arms like a child. Jungkook sighed and return to his resting position.

"I'm not your boyfriend nor your parent. You can choose your own clothes,"

Seeing how tired and done Jungkook was being, she couldn't help but feel like a burden. Biting lightly on her tongue, she kicked the boy again. "What now?" He groaned.

"Choose them for me,"

Jungkook opened an eye and gazed at Eunji with his usual uninterested expression. Eunji let out a puff of air and avoided staring into his alluring glossy eyes.

"Since I can't decide, why don't you choose my wardrobe for me," when Jungkook opened his mouth to sound his protest, Eunji held her hands up in defence and cut him off before he cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter