Bangtan

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it,"

“Jungkook…”

He in a breath and nudged the gun firmly on the back of her head. “Don’t speak my name as though we’re close. I’ll ask you one more time. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?”

With each syllable, his teeth grit against each other but the events from before numbed Eunji’s fear and emotions. She bit her bottom lip and refused to answer. No. She didn’t know how to. ‘My house burnt down, you ! My aunt is in the hospital and I have no bloody idea why I obeyed the person who wanted me dead in the first place! Why daheck am I even here?!” the words were right at the tip of her tongue but with the cool metal placed behind her head, her voice left.

‘I’m scared,’ she thought in realization as she clenched her shaky fingers. ‘I’m afraid on the person I once confided in,’

The silence broke when a muffled vibration came from beneath Jungkook’s jacket. He frowned as he grabbed the ringing object and slid the green button.

“What?” he barked.

“Don’t ‘what’ me, you brat. Know your place,” Suga snapped.

. Jungkook glanced at the screen and internally groaned at not checking the caller ID in the first place. “Sorry. I just have-“

“Her house burnt down,”

That caught his attention and his grip on the gun faltered. “What do you mean?”

Suga let out a low sigh. “Jimin saw Got7’s members lounging around her neighborhood. The cameras went out and never came back on. V volunteered to scout the area out and next thing he knew, a large fire engulfed her home. Her aunt is in the hospital and she narrowly escaped before Got7 could’ve grabbed her into their cars,”

Jungkook remained speechless and Eunji sighed in relief when the gun returned to his side.

“How is that possible? It got to be a coincidence. Why would Got7-“

“God dammit Jungkook, I don’t know! She’s your now. Deal with her and get back here. Got7 has been ing around with our trades too,” as Jungkook was about to reply, the call ended with a click.

Eunji could imagine Jungkook running his hand down his frustrated face as he groaned out loud. “Why are you so troublesome?” he grumbled.

Eunji’s tongue sharpened. “You should’ve considered that when you saved me,” the boy glared down at the back of her head, “I can still shoot you,”

“Well I don’t give a ,” she couldn’t hold her tongue back. Slicing through the air like a whip. She knew she was pushing his buttons and it wouldn’t be long until she end up dead on the concrete ground.

Jungkook sighed for the umpteenth time, his fingers itching to pull the trigger. “Get up,” he ordered. Slowly, she did. Jungkook then his heels and started walking away. “You’re leaving?” she squeaked with wide eyes at his retreating back. The boy rolled his eyes as he shoved his gun under his shirt. “No. You’re following me,”

The poor girl blinked profusely. Was he being sarcastic?

Jungkook could feel her confused gaze. “I know. I can’t believe it too. Ugh, Suga hyung is going to murder me,”

‘Did he just call his hyung “Sugar”’?

“He sounds sweet,”

Jungkook scoffed and watched the short petite girl from the corner of his eyes with a mocking smirk.

“Oh trust me, he’s a ball of sunshine,”

“You brought her here?” Suga groused, distaste clearly etched on every corner of his pale face. His eyebrows were turn down together with an unamused scowl. ‘Jungkook was right. Who wouldn’t love this lovely little sweet…’ Eunji glanced at the said man’s peppermint hair and frown. ‘…Grinch,’ she finished.

“I didn’t have a choice,”

Suga scanned the girl standing behind the tall maknae with piercing eyes. Despite how his glare seem to stab her to her very spine, she refused to back away in fear. Instead, she lifted her chin higher, very easily meeting his gaze as though taunting him to challenge her. The older man noticed and he tried to hold the amusement and surprise from showing on his face. The corner of his eyebrow did twitched though.

“Take her to the lounge. Namjoon and the rest will be here soon,” Suga ordered with a wave of his hand before shoving them into his pockets.

“What. You’re not going to shoot me?” Jungkook piped in surprise.

Suga’s face darkened. “Oh I will, just not now. It wouldn’t be nice to get blood over the floor. I heard it stains,” the older male stalked towards the basement and left with a slam of a door. Eunji shuddered but Jungkook’s eyes were shining with admiration although he wouldn’t admit it.

“You guys are messed up, I swear,” she mumbled under her breath.

They were currently at an employee’s only room which was located at the back of a fancy club, “Bulletproof”. Eunji recalled Jungkook explaining that his leader, Namjoon ran the club and it also played as their safe house. He then proceeded to explain about the others.

“I’ll start off with the ones you’ve met already. Jimin. I bet you can already tell that he’s our hacker. Anything that is connected to the internet or if it even runs on electricity, no doubt he is able to take full control over it. But don’t underestimate him just because he is behind the computer. He is as fit as all of us and sometimes help with our scouting missions, which bring us to our next member, V,” he kicked a pebble off the road and watched the little rock bounced a few steps away while continuing.  “V is our scout. He blends in well, you see. Any environment, he is able to mix in just well,” Jungkook chuckled to himself in amusement. “He can be my same aged hyung in highschool despite being a fully grown adult with an intellect of a kindergartener. But that’s what makes him special. He’s observant as heck and noticed every single thing he sees,”

Eunji likes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter