{NEW} Taken

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I never said you could take her but you did. So I'll have to kill you now,"

It has been several days ever since their visit to the forest. Eunji had insisted to keep Betty and Jungkook couldn’t find it in him to say no.

“Someone’s whipped!” The hyungs would tease only to have the embarrassed maknae growl back at them in annoyance.

It was their regular routine for them to eat breakfast in the morning, then he’ll walk her to school and to the bakery later that day.

When Jungkook needed to fulfil a new contract or ‘buy ramyeon’-a code word both parties settled on to avoid suspicions, V or Jimin would take his spot. If she was lucky enough, she would get grandpa Suga instead. Boy, was he a joy to be with.

“How is your aunt? You mentioned she was settling in with Katy?”

Eunji nodded while tying her shoulder-length hair into a ponytail. “Yeah. She’ll be back working in a few days,”

Jungkook continued stirring his now cold chocolate uninterestedly. “How many more hours til closing?” he whined while rubbing his eyes lazily. He was so not used to having not much action and blood shedding for a month.

Eunji scoffed and slammed a glass cup she was wiping on to the counter. “Gosh. Since when were you this whiny? What happened to the cold and ‘oh-I-have-trust-issues’ maknae of BTS?”

Jungkook kept his silence, ignoring her comment as he decided to look out the glass panels of the bakery. ‘Oh, I wonder,’ he thought to himself as he internally rolls his eyes.

Eunji squints her eyes at him before sighing. “Fine. Give me 15. I’ll clean the kitchen and close early…again,”

The boy smirked to himself, happy his childish request was being fulfilled. He couldn’t wait to leave as he had to get ready to ‘buy ramyeon’ later at midnight.

Jungkook listened to soft clanging and tinkling in the kitchen. His eyes were trained on the street, noticing how it was getting quieter and not a single soul was to be seen along the road.

Something wasn’t right.

Based on his past experiences, empty roads were never a good sign.

“Ji?” he called, sitting straighter and more alert in his seat.

Silence echoed back to him.

“Ji, I thought we talked about our communication?” he had kept his tone light, despite the worry that was slowly crawling up his spine.

He stood in his seat, finally realizing how dead quiet it was in the empty bakery. And then he heard it. A muffled voice crying out inaudible words from a distance.

“…-KOOK!”

And he lost it.

Jungkook dashed into the kitchen. Slamming the door open only to reveal an equally dead and silent kitchen. The back door squeaked as it shut, proving that someone had just escaped.

With cold sweat clamming his hands again, he ran and pulled the door open with such sheer force, the door could’ve been ripped from its hinges.

“Eunji?!” he called, scanning the ghost town for any signs of life.

“JEON JUNGKOOK! HELP-“

That was enough for him to know that she was just several blocks away, being brought somewhere against her will. He had a rough idea or two on who it could be. Either way, his vision begun to turn red from rage. How dare them.

Eunji was kicking, shrieking and biting the two build, masked man that was carrying her body like a potato sack.

She was obliviously wiping the kitchen table when strong arms grabbed her torso, their hand muffling her surprised scream as they injected a serum into her. Judging by how numb her legs were starting to feel, she could guess it was thiopental. The nurses always use it on the patients before surgery.

They were dragging her nearer to a big black van and her desperation grew wilder. If only she could free one hand and grab Betty from under her shirt.

“Get your freaking hands off of me!” She cried and elbowed one in the face.

“Oof!” her victim groaned and Eunji went abruptly still.

She knew that voice.

“Stop lagging and get her in already. Jungkook is no doubt looking for her already and I do not want to meet him when he’s angry,” the other one ordered, panic rising in his voice with every passing second.

The bruising male rubbed the side of his head before grabbing her limp arm again, pushing her closer towards the van. They did not once suspect her sudden submission.

Eunji waited, gulping a lump in as they opened the van door.

“Get in,” the one with the lower voice ordered again.

“Eunji please…” the familiar one muttered under his breath.

Eunji felt like throwing up. No doubt about it, she knew who he was.

“Stop being a and get her in already!”

The tall boy hesitated but nevertheless followed. Eunji held her breath and as she felt a light touch to her elbow, she twisted her lower body and hurled all her weight towards the boy behind her, dragging them both down to the gravel with the boy underneath.

“Yugyeom!”

Before the said boy could react, Eunji ripped off the robber mask that covered his face.

It was as though time stood still as Eunji tried to comprehend what she was seeing.

A boy, none older than she was, struggling beneath and that annoying bright orange hair of his.

“Part-timer?” she called in a breathless whisper, displaying betrayal and pain in her shaking voice.

She didn’t know what hurt more. The bleeding wound on her knee from her fall or the guilt and shame in the boy’s eyes as he stared up at her, his mouth opening and shutting, chanting the word ‘sorry’ repeatedly.

Eunji’s vision was starting to blur, the effects of the drug kicking in but she refused to give in to the lulling darkness that was creeping in the corner of her eyes. No, she had to make sure she was seeing right.

“W-Why?” she could only manage a whisper.

Yugyeom shook his head as the words he spoke could not be processed in her head. He said something along the lines of “I had no choice,” and “I don’t want to hurt you,”

Eunji could’ve grabbed her gun and shot him right then and there but, call it compassion or sympathy, her humane emotions did not allow her to do so.

As the other masked man injected her again with another shot of the drugs, she simply held her arm ahead of her, twisting her palm upwards and lifting her middle finger to the air.

“Go to hell,” she hissed with the last bit of her strength and then her vision went black.

“They what?!”

“They ing took her, hyung. Right in front of me,” Jungkook was back in Bulletproof’s basement, ripping the wooden floorboard, revealing a pit of weapons. He hastily armed himself with knives and bullets and grabbed a black duffel bag filled with explosives and ropes.

“Jungkook-wait!” Jimin tugged on the back of Jungkook’s shirt, causing the younger boy to shrug his arm off.

“I can't wait, hyung! We don’t know what they’re going to do with her!”

“Exactly! Which is why we have to plan our movement wisely-“

Jungkook slammed his hand on the table roughly, the papers and pens rattling from the impact. “We’ve been waiting and look where that got us. They were a step ahead of us, who knows how far ahead they are,”

With Jimin’s silence, Jungkook slung the duffel bag over his arm and shouldered the short hyung out of his way. “I’m done waiting,” he whispered and stormed his way up the basement stairs.

Jimin ruffled his hair and released an annoyed shout, kicking a chair and huffing as it fell to the ground with a crash. Got7 was becoming really annoying.

The stressed boy swiped his phone open and began dialling a number. He repeatedly swiped the front of his bangs upward as he listened to the painfully slow rings. “What up?” a voice finally answered.

“We ran out of time,” Jimin sighed and the other line went silent.

“So Got7 really took her huh?”

Jimin nodded although he knew the receiver on the other end of the call could not see it. “Jungkook is on his way to their base, tried to stop him but he’s unstoppable,”

A low whistle was heard. “So it’s a green light, then?” the voice of the receiver became higher, quirking in interest and excitement. Jimin could almost feel the smile on his tone.

“It’s a green light. Tell the other members too. Hurry up, before Jungkook blows the place up…literally,”

The other voice burst into laughter, the giddiness for a hunt, not able to be hidden. “Awesome. Finally some action,”

Jimin sighed, not ready for another exhausting full team mission. “Don’t overdo it, J-Hope, hyung. Leave some to tell the tale,”

J-Hope whistled a light teasing tone. “No promises~,” the call then ended with a beep.

Jimin inhaled a slow breath and pocketed his phone. He lifted an earpiece with a mic and attached it to his ear as he took a seat in front of his usual tech spot of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter