Return

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You fall in love with the most unexpected person in the most unexpected time,"

It has been a few days after my encounter with J.K. Yes, I decided to name him since he is taking up most of my brain space. I kept the pendant in my drawer. I never saw him again. I stretched my limbs and plopped tiredly on the bed.

 

 

I better not think about him.

 

"EUNJI-AH!"

 

"YES AUNT?" I answered back from my bed with equal volume of loudness.

 

"I'M OUT OF SUGAR FOR THE CUPCAKES,"

 

"WHY ARE YOU BAKING LATE AT NIGHT?"

 

"I WAS ANGRY NOW PLEASE BE A DEAR AND GET ME SOME SUGAR, PLEASE?"

 

"BUT I'M TIRED," I whined.

 

"I'M SORRY BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE,"

 

"FINE!" I huffed as I got out of bed. 

 

I was swinging the bag of sugar back and forth while humming to one of my favourite jams when I noticed how deserted the street was.

 

Hmmm strange. It's not even that late. Now that I noticed it, it feels a little intimidating.

 

"Na Eunji?" 

 

A smile was on my face, ready to greet the voice I must know but cannot recognize. A classmate perhaps? 

 

As I turn, a shot of coldness ran down from my neck to my spine. There were six of them but only two in front stood out for they wore black mouth mask covering half of their faces. The rest were tall, some build and some slender. Every one of them were dressed in dark hoodies. The only thing I could see were their eyes and their strangely coloured hair under the dim streetlight. The way they were dressed was as though they didn't want to be noticed. Dark to be hidden beneath the black sky. 

 

My legs begun to shook, nevertheless I foolishly greeted them with a hesitant "Can I help you?"

 

The thinner of the two smiled. I could tell from the crease at the side of his eyes as it curved into a cute eye smile.
"We were looking for you!" His high and cheery tone matched the twinkle in his eyes. It wasn't one of innocence or purity. More one of cunning and crafty?

 

"For...me?" 

 

Crap this isn't good. I'm positively sure I'm not acquainted with them.

 

Two stepped forward with their long legs, decreasing the distance between us. "Of course! We have many questions we would like to be answered," the same lad spoke again.

 

Run, Eunji! 

 

I can't! 

 

Well move those short legs of yours!

 

I would if I could, my inner subconscious!

 

This isn't some kdrama or cheesy romance novel where a night in a shining armor is going to save you, you idiot! 

 

I just love how I'm fighting with myself during this crucial moment. 

 

"Awww hyung look! She looks afraid! Haha what a lovely sight,"

 

Wtf? Great. They're sadists too.

 

"Bam, shut it. You're making too much of noise," finally the other spoke with a much calm yet demanding tone.

 

My foot backtracked a little and they noticed. 

 

"Eunji-shi...We just want you to bring us to someone, okay?" The calmer one spoke as though he was talking to a 6 year old child. "No one is going to get hurt," 

 

At that, the wilder one snorted and he snapped something out from his hand. A silver object glinted under the pale streetlight and I almost peed myself then and there. 

 

It was a knife.

 

I guess being in a life and death situation just made my trap lose for I couldn't stop myself from muttering, "Not getting hurt, my ," 

 

Their eyebrows shot up with amusement and shock each. The calm one noticed the knife and shot him a look. "You're an idiot, really," The other just shrugged nonchalantly. "Isn't that the point?" He flipped the blade between his fingers.

 

And I lost my .

 

I threw my newly bought bag of sugar at them. The bag exploded when came in contact with them and I dashed down the street. 

 

I hear one of them laughing as though my 'escape' was comical and entertaining. I bet it probably was. 

 

It was exactly when I turn into an alley, abandoned alley, that I totally was lost in pants and gasps. I closed my eyes as I tried to recollect myself but not soon after, a hand came down covering my mouth. 

 

Icy cold fear shot down my spine once again and on reflex, I started thrashing. I prayed so fast, I would be proud to call myself a rap God. The prayer was almost similar to the one I prayed before I almost died before a speeding vehicle.

 

Save me, I thought.

 

"Stop struggling,"

 

And I stopped. Just like that for I knew that voice all too well. The voice that had been haunting my dreams and thoughts for a long devastating time. "J...K..." I mumbled against his palm.
He didn't give my chance to say any more.

 

"The pendant," he rushed. Eyes going back and forth from the street I came from to my own eyes with caution. "The winged pendant. Where is it?" He urged on frantically.

 

I stared at him, not yet answering.

 

He was here. The person I've been subconsciously wanted to see again. I took in all of him in that spur of a moment. He was taller than me. His black hair covered the tip of his glossy eyes as he stared down at me before glancing back at the street again. He was close. Oh so very close. I could feel the warmth emitted from his palm and his breath was fanning against my cheek.

 

My hand reached over to his that was covering my mouth and tugged on it. He understood and immediately dropped his hand but he didn't make any sign to step away. Deep inside, I appreciated that, though I would not admit it to myself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter