Darkest Night

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The darkest night is ignorance,"

"You," JB growled under his breath as he fisted the top of Mark's jacket and slammed him onto a wall, knocking the air out of him at the impact. "You were supposed to lure her. How did she get away?"

"I...tried,” Mark wheezed.

"Bull," the leader snarled, shoving mark higher up the wall. "I saw her run. I saw her looking at you. What? Was she that beautiful that you chose her over us?" Mark frowned as though repulsed at that idea before shoving JB's hand away.

"She knows nothing!" He claimed, enraged.

"G-guys..." Jinyoung muttered at the side but his words fell on deaf ears.

"She knew nothing of BTS! She doesn't even know who Jungkook is. Holding her as hostage will bring no benefit to us!" Mark dared to size the leader up. Although JB leads got7, Mark was older and most definitely the more rational one. JB stepped back and slumped into a chair defeated. He rested his face against his palm as he spoke lowly. "Do we have a choice, Mark?"

That silenced the whole of Got7.

"We don't," he answered himself with remorse, not caring how everyone's attention was on his breakdown. "It's either her life or ours," he whispered dreadfully more to himself than the rest. "I can't let any of you die under my watch. I won't let that happen,"

"Jae bum..." Yongjae whispered, worry and sadness etched on his face.

JB straightened up, his face returning stoic and his head held high as though he hadn't whimper like a petrified child before. "That's why we can't stop," with authority in his tone, he glared straight into Mark's eyes. "We will proceed with the plan. Do you all understand?"

A series of yes and agreement left the mouth of Got7, all but one boy who slouched deep into a corner, biting nervously onto his thumb while his curled orange hair swayed back and forth.

BAM!

The metal door of the basement slammed open as a figure trudged begrudgingly up the stairs.
Of course, it had to be the forever spiteful jeon Jungkook. Eunji straightened up in her seat, frowning when the said boy stomped past her without sparing her a glance.

The other members of bts took their time in exiting the basement, humor and amusement on lingering on their faces. What could they have possibly talked about to have such a contrast result of expressions.

'You, Eunji. They were talking about you,' Eunji's frown deepened at that thought. 'Am I a burden to him?'

Jungkook was making his way to the door before groaning out loud after losing an internal battle with himself. He closed his eyes shut as though he couldn't believe what he was about to say next. "I'm sorry,"

Eunji's head snapped up in bewilderment. "Pardon?"

The older boys at the back were choking on laughter causing Jungkook's face to darken. "I said let's go," with a huff, he pushed Bulletproof's entrance open and stormed out.

Eunji's mouth was agape. A finger tilted her chin upwards and she closed with a gulp. "Our Jungkookie is growing up~" Jimin spoke in a sing song voice. "Do I really have to go with him right now?" She eyed the door cautiously. He did looked so done with her existence.

Rap Monster hid his chuckle beneath his fist. "He's like that most of the time. But don't worry, he won't hurt you. I'm sure of it,"

"Better Jungkook than Suga right?" J-Hope added with a teasing wag of his finger and Suga nodded in agreement. "He'd shoot you the second you pissed him off and everyone knows, Suga is on his daily period,"

Suga's eye twitched a little. "Where's my gun?" J-Hope scurried off after snapping his fingers in a gun motion with a wink at his Hyung.

"I'll follow Eunji out to make sure Jungkook didn't leave her or anything!" V offered while raising his hand in the air like an excited student answering his teacher. Despite Jimin's whines and complains, V held the club door open after Eunji bowed politely to the rest.

At Eunji and V's absence, Jimin's smile dropped. "She will be okay right?"

Rap Monster sighed and rubbed the back of his neck unconfidently. "I don't know. We can't promise anything. It's all up to Jungkook now,"

"We will help her right?" J-Hope asked hesitantly.

Rap Monster shrugged before slipping on his expensive sunglasses. "She's Bangtan now. We'll try our best. Can you do a full read on her background? See how she's related to Got7?"

Jimin held his hand to his heart in mock hurt. "Are you doubting me, hyung?

Rap Monster chuckled before knocking him lightly on the head. "Don't get too cocky, kid. I have a feeling she is hiding more beneath that ordinary facade of hers,"
Although said nothing, Suga internally agreed.

"Wait up!" Eunji grumbled under her breath as she tries her best to catch up using her shorter legs.

Jungkook had his hands shoved in his pocket while he made his way around a corner, refusing to meet her eye. With her own eyes locked onto the figure in front of her, she didn't notice a lone brick laying on the ground before she tripped on it. She didn't fall, luckily but her ankle scraped against the pavement and she cursed. She hopped on one leg to inspect the wound.

"I'm not carrying you," Jungkook's voice rang in the distance. She looked up to see him still far ahead but at least he had the decency to stop before she lost him in her sights.

"I didn't ask you to," she snapped. "," she murmured as she placed her foot back down and limped towards the boy. Seeing she could still walk from the corner of his eye, he continued walking. At one point he nudged her towards the side with his elbow. "Glass," he simply muttered and Eunji skipped to the side in time before stepping on some broken window pieces she hadn't notice before once again.

She bit onto her bottom lip as she glimpsed at Jungkook's side profile. His passive face was displayed as though he doesn't give a about anyone but she noticed how his steps were slower this time or how he'd steal quick glances at her scrapped foot and how his eyes were trained onto the road in case they were other random obstacles she could've hurt herself again with.

Eunji smiled to herself in hilarity. What a tsundere.

They arrived at an apartment complex. Strangely, it was out of the rundown parts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter