Open Wounds

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you get that gut feeling that something isn't right about a person or situation, trust it,"

“Who. Are. You?”

Eunji swallowed the lump in and glanced awkwardly to the veranda, Jungkook’s close proximity making the hairs at the back of her neck stand.

“Why, would you look at how bright it is,”

“Its 11 pm, close to 12. I don’t think the Sun is that bright right now,”

‘Dammit,’ Eunji cursed inwardly.

Jungkook peered deep into her eyes, her figure frozen and unmoving but her eyes darting left and right constantly.

“Now that I see it…you look rather familiar…”

Eunji’s eyes widen and she brought her hand in between them to push the male away but before she could, a loud crash was heard as the sliding door glass of the veranda exploded to pieces.

Before she could even scream, Jungkook pulled her from the chair and into his arms, shielding her from the sharp pieces of glass that were shot in their direction.

Eunji’s ears rang and her knees hurt when she dropped to the ground in shock. “Jungkook…” she groaned from his heavyweight that was crushing her. “Are you-Oh my God!” His arms had bits of glass pierced into his skin and blood seeped through his wounds but he didn’t seem bothered, if anything, he seemed pissed.

“Stay here,” he hissed and left her below the table top as he made his way to inspect the veranda, his hands moving underneath his shirt for his gun. He crouched on the ground to inspect the scene and spotted a small silver bullet laying innocently among the other pieces of glass.

Carefully picking it up, he held it high under the moonlight and watch as it reflects. “,” he cursed before gripping the bullet tightly in his palm.

This wasn’t an assassination. It was a warning.

The bullet was small and light. Shooting it from a distance isn’t enough to leave a serious injury on someone.

“Pass me the kitchen towel,”

Although clearly shaken, Eunji reached above the counter and grabbed the fabric before tossing it over in Jungkook’s direction. He wraps his fist with the cloth and began punching the other sharp glass corners on the remains of the sliding door until there was enough space for him to go through.

Once outside Jungkook scanned his surroundings. He swiped his gun in the air into the direction of where he predicted the shooter to come from.

The opposite apartment complex, where J-Hope reported to have seen a member of the Thorned Tiger to be before. The place must’ve been infested with them.

Heading back inside, Jungkook momentarily forgot the flustered girl that was still hiding under the table.

“You can come out now,”

She didn’t move.

“If they wanted to kill you, you would’ve been dead already,”

That didn’t seem to help as her skin paled even more.

Figuring he could use this moment as an advantage, Jungkook crouched to her level and rested his wounded arm on his knees. “What do they want with you?”

Eunji shook her head, suddenly feeling nauseous. It was too overwhelming for her, the reality of life and death crushing itself on her delicate mind. She buried her head in her knees, not registering the only noise in the apartment was her repeating her sentences like a broken recorder.

“It’s not me. It’s not me. I didn’t do anything. Why? Why must it be me?”

For the first time ever since Jungkook had met Eunji, he saw the vulnerable side of her to which he knew, was what she had been hiding all along beneath the bubbly and naïve façade of hers. 

The blasting of the sliding door had triggered something in her, making her hyperventilate and cower like a petrified kitten.

Something pulled at his chest, making it hard for him to breathe.

He understood what she was feeling. Somehow, he just knew. It was as though he was looking at his 7-year-old self.

Ignoring the wounds and glasses that were still in his arm, he patted the head of the shaking girl gently. “It’s alright,” he cooed. “It has never been your fault,”

Eunji had wondered ever since then. Why did Jungkook choose those words of comfort over the others? It boggled her mind as it felt as though he knew exactly what to say to her during that time and although she won’t admit it, those were the words that she had been wanting to hear for as long as she can remember.

“V! Get the kit!” Suga barked and the said brown haired boy ran into the back room.

“What happened?” J-Hope approached the wounded couple with worry swirling in his eyes as Jimin bounded up the steps from the basement when he heard of their arrival. “Are you guys okay?”

Eunji nodded and gestured to Jungkook who had made himself comfortable on the couch with her head. “He hurt his arm but aside from that, we’re good I guess,”

“Got7?” J-Hope asked but Jungkook shook his head. “Same place as last time, Thorned Tiger,”

J-Hope whistled under his breath. “They’ve been up our lately. What’s their problem?”

Eunji froze, her eyes glancing at Jungkook on impulse. She jumped a little when she realized that Jungkook was already looking at her, his glossy eyes staring right back at hers.

“That’s Jimin hyung’s job,” he replied.

Eunji said nothing but she understood what Jungkook was signalling with his gaze. “Don’t think I’m done with you yet,”

She looked away and fix her eyes on the tiled ground. Why didn’t he say anything?

Suga who didn’t miss the exchange between the couple squinted his eyes but said nothing as V arrived with the first aid kit.

“I hurt my fingers from my last errand. Hyung, can you do it?”

Suga frowned, clearly insulted by that idea itself. “Do I look like I can wrap a cloth around someone without killing it?”

J-Hope snickered. “So you know…” The corner of Suga’s brow twitched as he reached for his gun on the table. “Ah! Ah! The tiles were just cleaned! Leader-nim will be mad~” Jimin sang teasingly.

V, annoyed at how his hyungs were being shoved the kit towards Jimin only to have it be shoved back at him.

“I’ll do it,” Eunji piqued from her spot after witnessing a relentless game of kit shoving and name calling.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her. “Do you even know how to clean a wound, princess?”

Eunji glared at him. “Just pour acid and let it heal itself right,”

BTS chuckled, low-key hoping that Eunji was actually being sarcastic and not serious.

They watch in silence as Eunji carefully dab a cotton ball with a yellow ointment and proceeded to coat his wounds. She blew gently on his arm before taking a bandage and wrapping it neatly. “Done,” she announced proudly as she got to her feet.

Jungkook waved his arm around. “Its firm,” he sounded more shocked than he intended it to be.

“Not to mention neat too,”

“And quick,”

Eunji attempted to hide her triumph smile but delight was radiating off her from BTS’s flow of compliments. “Oh please, you’re making me blush,”

Jungkook cocked his head to the side. “You seem experienced,” Eunji didn’t miss the hidden meaning in his tone.

“My dad taught me since I was 4,” she met his eyes, challenging him to press further into the matter.

Jungkook leaned back into the couch and averted his gaze. She was telling the truth, he was sure of it this time.

“Damn. That’s some skills,”

Eunji thanked V and started packing the bandages back into the kit. “I can treat your wounds if you’d like since…well, your field of ‘business’ requires you guys to get hurt a lot,” Before Eunji could stop herself, she had already said it.

“Okay-”

“No!”

Everyone stares at Jungkook in stunned silence. Even Jungkook himself seemed surprised at his own actions.

Jungkook cleared his throat and forced himself to lean further into the couch to prevent himself from sitting up straight. “I mean…I don’t feel s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter