Who She Really Is

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your eyes can close to the things you don't want to see but your heart can't close to the things you don't want to feel,"

Water spewed onto the wood coloured walls.

“Marriage?!” Jackson cried while JB nodded grimly. Got7 and Omi remained speechless as they sat quietly in JB’s luxurious condo.

“At least she’s pretty?”

“She’s a ing lunatic!” JB hissed before burying his head in his hands. “She murdered her own lover, for what? To solve her own daddy issues?”

“Technically she didn’t kill him exactly…”

JB lifted his head, his eyes snapping to Omi for a quick second before glaring at Mark. “Whether she pulled the trigger or not, she gave us the gun. Told us to murder a man who did nothing but love her,”

Omi who was quietly playing with her fingers in her lap kept her head down, trying to keep her emotions in check as she absorbed the new information.

Jinyoung leaned against the wall with crossed arms, his eyebrows tilting to a frown. “Why so sudden?”

JB shrugged. “I thought it was her idea but apparently not. She was as surprised as I was. Both parties are refusing to tell us what it’s really for,”

“Erm…hyung,”

JB lifted his eyes to meet the maknae’s.

“You remember the mystery company that supported us with funds, weapons and transport before Yongmi went to the US?”

JB nodded slowly as the other members, one by one began to gasp in realization. “What are you trying to say?”

“You mean Chairman Jung funded Got7?!” Yongjae burst out and Yugyeom nodded, speaking in a softer voice as if he’s almost guilty. “I overhead about it in a private meeting my appa was having with yours,”

JB’s fist shook, the anger that he tried so hard to bury, rose up in his throat. He could mentally see the leash he held on, breaking. “And you didn’t say anything about it?!” he shouted with fury.

The members averted their eyes while Mark, although wishing he could help the maknae, refused to add oil to the burning fire. Omi, on the other hand, jumped in her seat, that action causing JB’s attention to fall on her.

Although all he could see was red, he still noticed how she curled her arms around her legs as she brought them up to her chest, proving how she was afraid of him at that moment. JB cursed inside his head and unclenched his palm.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” JB spoke, his voice strained and controlled, like a forced whisper.

Yugyeom shifted his legs as he replied with shame. “I thought you’d know,”

The whole room could be cut with a knife when JB slammed the door to his room, trying his best to not take his anger out on the members while his intent to kill was taking over his rationality.

Jinyoung comfortingly patted the giant maknae on the back, explaining how JB was having a hard time and that no secrets should come between them ever again. The other members crowded him, demanding more information from what Yugyeom had after eavesdropping the private meeting.

“You should talk to him,” Mark spoke softly as he took a seat beside Omi on the waxed wooden floor.

“Are you out of your mind? He’ll kill me!” Omi whisper-shouted back, her legs still pulled tightly to her chest.

“You know the last person he’ll ever hurt, would be you,”

Omi rested her chin on her knees, pulling her long cardigan tighter around her. “I’m not taking my chances,”

Mark nudged her leg with his knee to make her face him slightly. “Please?” he begged as he flashed her his famous angelic smile. Omi lost her train of thoughts at his thousand watt smile and next thing she knew, she was standing in front of JB’s room, her hand heavy as she rapped lightly on his door.

“Jaebum…” she muttered, mentally wishing the said male wouldn’t open the door but she froze when she heard his door unlocking.

Heaving a sigh, she pushed the door open with a low creak and spotted him sitting on his bed, his body shielded by the darkness.

“Jaebum-“

“Marry me,”

Wait, what?

“Jaebum- I-,”

“That way, I don’t have to marry her. Screw the funds and everything. We’ll drop Got7 and run somewhere,”

This was so unlike the usual leader-nim himself, Omi didn’t know which side of him she was more afraid of. Nevertheless, the idea of being used as a pawn by him didn’t sit so well with her.

He let out a bark of humourless laughter that sounded so empty, she could feel the hollowness creeping onto her skin. “But of course you wouldn’t agree. I’m not Mark,” Despite the darkness, she could feel his piercing eyes looking at her after his last sentence.

“Jaebum, you’re being irrational right now,”

Jaebum scoffed as he leaned his back against the bed’s frame. “That said the same thing too but hearing it from you really packs a punch,”

Omi kept her silence, not knowing what to say.

“Should I marry her, Omi?”

She didn’t have to look at him to know he was testing her. Waiting and expecting a reaction from her. But they were both raised the same way. They were all taught on how to lock their emotions down and act as though they have none.

“Yes,” she replied almost immediately and the weight of the silence that followed after was so heavy, Omi had trouble breathing.

“Give me 10. I’ll be out then,” he spoke.

Omi nodded and left the room as quickly as she could only to come face to face with a chest.

“How’d it go?” Mark asked as he attempted to peek over the small gap of the door before she closed it. “Well, I’m alive,” she whispered, hoping her face wouldn’t flush red under Mark’s gaze.

“Na Eunji’s scout, report,”

“News from Thorned Tiger said that they managed to put in a warning or two. The target and Jungkook haven’t been seen since, I assume they’re staying at 'Bulletproof' for the time being,”

JB nodded, the top of his crisp working shirt, ed and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. “Bam, any news about the deal?”

Bambam shrugged as he chewed loudly on an apple. “Haven’t been in contact since. I think BTS isn’t planning on handing her over just like that,”

Mark sighed and placed back the folder they stole of Na Eunji on the table. “BTS is making a wrong move. I bet they don’t even know who she really is,”

Yongjae hummed in agreement. “Tried to access her file on the web. It was blocked with an annoying security code. Thank God Omi got her file,”

“We shan’t bring Omi into this anymore. She’s done enough,” JB spoke with a glare and Yongjae retreated to the couch with his hands up by his side in surrender.

“How are we going to get her now?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

Yugyeom’s eyes widened, worry embedding him. “You don’t mean-“

“If they won’t give us what we want, Yugyeom…” JB tapped his fingers on a candid picture of Eunji while she was exiting a hospital. “We’ll take it, forcefully,”

Yugyeom gulped, his guilty conscious making him unable to stomach the facts properly.

“I’m putting you in charge of this, Yugyeom. You know her schedule best. Find the right moment, call us and we’ll take her then and do not fail us. Not like how someone did before,”

Mark resisted the urge to roll his eyes, knowing fully well JB had meant him.

“If…” Yugyeom swallowed the lump in his throat. “If BTS interferes?”

JB didn’t bother sugar-coating his words.

“Kill them,”

V marched into the basement of the club, a worried frown etched on his face.

"Oh mailboy~ You're back!" Jimin hollered from his usual techy spot, his fingers swiping across the computer's keyboard as his eyes stay focused onto the screen filled with numerous codes.

"What's with your face?" J-Hope asked from lounging on the sofa. Rap Monster had his sunglasses on and an expensive fur coat around his shoulders as he sat on the side of an old pool table.

"I was in the middle of making a deal with a reliable affiliate. This better is worth it," Suga muttered while squinting his brows in concentration as he knocked the white ball into other coloured pool balls.

"Trust me. This is," V tossed a black and golden framed card, dismissing the current game Rap Monster and Suga was having. "A wedding invitation? What are you trying to say, brat?"

"Oh! Are you getting married? Congrats, man!" Jimin cried as he continued typing away on the computer.

"No, it’s not my wedding- Just turn it over," Raising an uncertain brow, Suga flipped the invitation over. "ing hell," he hissed and J-Hope raised from the couch in curio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter