chapter 29

of emoticons and bubble tea

5:32 PM

"Jesus, it feels like it's been years since I last saw you," Jongin says before sipping his milk. He looks across the table, at Baekhyun, who is busy trying to keep his burger from falling apart. 

"I know right?" Baekhyun replies, taking a big bite. "Why aren't you eating anything, by the way? It's your favorite."

Jongin shrugs. "I had a big- breakfast, I'm not that hungry. The milk's good though," he says, taking another sip.

"You never eat breakfast," Baekhyun comments and curses when a whole slice of tomato falls out and onto his plate. "What's gotten into....oh." He suddenly smirks. "Let me guess, he's a good cook, then?"

"Uh, yeah, how'd you know?" Jongin asks, gobsmacked. 

"Duh, you'd eat anything Prince Charming made you," Baekhyun sing-songs. "Don't give me that look, Kim Jongin. Truth hurts like a ."

Burying his face in his hands, Jongin sighs. "Oh yeah, right; sorry I missed out on our session yesterday, I totally ing forgot."

Baekhyun blinks. "Oh...no, it's fine, really. I was," he suddenly clears his throat, "busy, so I wouldn't have been able to meet up anyway. So you're good."

Jongin nods but he soon furrows his eyebrows when a thought hits him. "Wait, I; well, Sehun, called Chanyeol yesterday and the entire phone call was ed up as hell, I could barely hear anything," he says, leaning in closer. "Did you say anything of importance? Because I definitely missed it." He blinks in confusion when Baekhyun suddenly looks down and doesn't look up. "What's wrong?"

Clearing his throat, Baekhyun quickly looks around to make sure nobody is watching. When the coast is clear, he leans in. "I uh...how do I put this without scaring your socks off," he murmurs.

Jongin rolls his eyes. "Just say it, Baek."

"Me and Chanyeol," Baekhyun starts, picking at a sesame seed on the bun, "uh...well. ed."

Jongin sits glued in his chair for a minute before he closes his eyes. Heaving a gigantic sigh, he suddenly bursts into hyena-like laughter. "For a lack of better wording, I persume," he chokes between cackles, "Jesus, Baek."

"What?" Baekhyun retorts, a piece of lettuce flying out of his mouth. "What else was I supposed to say? You're such a kid, Jongin, we're no longer in pre-school, we don't say 'did it' anymore and you know that," he adds with a dramatic roll of his eyes.

"I know that," Jongin says, trying to calm down from his laughing fit, "but I just...nevermind. God, that explains why Chanyeol was in such a good mood this morning. He even told me good morning, can you believe it?"

"So yeah, that's why I was partially unable to take your call," Baekhyun says, ignoring Jongin's last remark. "But we can meet up on Friday, if you'd like. That is, if you haven't finished planning the wedding yet."

"First of all, we're not married, and I don't plan on marrying him," Jongin groans. ", you're a real load to have around sometimes, you know that? And sure, I guess, that's fine."

Baekhyun shrugs before stuffing the remainder of his burger in his mouth. Picking up his glass of water, he shoots Jongin a knowing look. "Don't lie."

Jongin blinks. "Why would I be lying? You are a goddamn load to ha-"

"You are getting married," Baekhyun says as a matter-of-factly, and Jongin hates his best friend a little more. "Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year, but you're getting married, that's for certain."

Not wanting to encourage Baekhyun any further, Jongin puts his hands up in defense. "Fine, we are," he says in a defeated tone. "Anyway, I guess this is kinda stating the obvious, but," he carries on, downing the rest of his milk, "you guys...you are a couple, right? I mean, by now. I mean..."

Baekhyun nods. "We've never actually said the words 'we're together' to each other, but we behave like a couple, so I guess that's a yes to your question," he says before shooting Jongin a pearly white smile, accompanied with a thumbs up. His smile quickly fades when he sees the anxious look on Jongin's face. "...What's the matter? Do you not like the idea of me and Chanyeol together, or what? I mean, I know he's harsh sometimes but-"

Jongin nearly chokes on his own spit. "No, God no," he blabbers, "you two are really cute together, don't get me wrong, Jesus. It's not that. It's...uh." He clears his throat before rubbing the back of his neck.

With an eyebrow raised, Baekhyun shoves his tray away from him before leaning in closer, so only Jongin can hear. "Hit me up."

Scanning his surroundings, Jongin makes sure nobody is eavesdropping before sighing. No point in backing out now. "You know, you and Chanyeol."

Baekhyun nods slowly. "Mhmm."

"Uh, you know when you two...uh." Jongin feels his face grow hot. "Uh."

"When we ed, yes," Baekhyun nods, "go ahead."

"Not so loud, idiot!" Jongin squawks before looking around again. The cafeteria is nearly empty, at this hour, much to his relief. "When you and Chanyeol...did it, how did it work? I mean, you know."

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. ", , blo- ouch, Jongin, what the hell!"

"I didn't mean that, you moron," Jongin hisses, face an alarming shade of red. ". I meant, like, the moments leading up to it. What...happened? Like, did he ask you if you wanted to?"

"Oh, you meant that," Baekhyun chuckles before clearing his throat. "Not really, I mean, he could tell I was and that I wanted it, and after a minute or so I realized he wanted it as well, maybe even more than I did, and then we kinda just...well, it happened."

Jongin nods, making sure to avoid Baekhyun's eyes. "Um, was he like, any good?" He quickly clears his throat. "Sorry if this is getting too personal, Christ-"

"It's fine," Baekhyun laughs. "And Jesus, he was a beast," he momentarily stops mid-sentence to bite his lip, "a real beast. Better than anyone I've ever had in my life, let's just leave it at that."

Swallowing, Jongin nods again. "Did it, uh," he murmurs, running a hand through his hair, "did it hurt?"

Baekhyun blinks. "Yes. I mean, it always does, it's supposed to. At first, anyway. As long as you make sure to stretch properly, you'll barely feel the burn." He nods before blinking again. "What's with all the questions?" It's not until Jongin visibly squirms in his seat in discomfort that Baekhyun reaches out and places a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, are you alright? Did you remember to take your medicine?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jongin stammers, wiping his brow. "And I'll do it later. And uh, I don't know, really."

Baekhyun blinks in confusion again before his mouth slowly forms an 'o'-shape. Realization dawning on him, he looks around before leaning in even closer. "Is it because you want to...you know."

Squirming again, Jongin can do nothing but nod. He doesn't say anything though and he feels his face heat up again. Baekhyun nods in understanding before standing up and walking around the table. He sits down next to Jongin and pats the latter's shoulder. Normally Jongin would find that gesture incredibly irritating, especially coming from Baekhyun, but this time, he finds it oddly comforting.

"Listen," Baekhyun says in a low tone, "have you talked to Sehun about it?"

"No," Jongin croaks. "I haven't."

"Has he...you know, brought it up?" 

Jongin quickly nods. "Yesterday, last night, he uh, kinda hinted towards it but when he realized I wasn't comfortable with it he said he'd wait until I was ready." He intentionally leaves out the part about Vivi watching because seriously, Baekhyun does not need to hear that. At least not right now. "He said he wanted it to be memorable for the both of us."

"Well, it's good that he respects you at least," Baekhyun says between chews. "Great guy. Anyway, so you're feeling ready now? It uh, only took you a couple of hours to realize?"

"Well, I mean, I have thought about it occasionally, it's just that yesterday...I don't know, I kinda freaked out on the inside and...I guess, forced myself to say no," Jongin says with a sigh. "I mean, in my defense, he was hovering right over me and staring at me like hell."

Baekhyun nods in understanding. "Well, it's safe to say that he's ready," he snorts before clearing his throat. "No but honestly, if you feel the same way tonight, tell him you're feeling ready and then take it from there, there's not really much else I can say, sorry."

"No, it's fine." Jongin exhales a breath he didn't even know he had been holding. "Thanks."

"Make sure to properly stretch first, though," Baekhyun says seriously. "Because if you don't, it'll hurt and it'll burn like mad, I'm telling you. Especially since you're a pure little and all."

Jongin nods. "Don't worry...I guess."

"It's especially important to stretch if he's big, y'know? Since it'll hurt more. I mean, Chanyeol's a goddamn monster so I think I had to spend at least twenty minutes doing nothing but that, which got a little boring, but boy, was it worth it," Baekhyun sniggers.

"I definitely didn't need to know that." Jongin shivers, trying to blink away the images his brain has decided to supply him with.

"Tell me," Baekhyun says, "have you seen Sehun's...you know." He raises an eyebrow. "And the only reason I'm not saying it out loud is in case there are cameras and in here, just so you know."

Jongin bites his lip before shaking his head. "No. I mean, we haven't...done it yet, so no. I mean, I've seen him without pants, y'know?"

Baekhyun nods. "...Andddddd?"

"He's really big," Jongin says quietly, a blush creeping up his neck. He quickly looks at Baekhyun in worry. "What if it's...you know."

"Too big?" Baekhyun chortles. "Like I said, in that case, make sure to properly stretch and you'll barely feel a thing. Besides, the bigger the better!"

Stealing a fry from Baekhyun's plate, Jongin nods. "'Cause like, it'd be a tad bit humiliating if we got to it and it...yeah."

"It won't be too big." Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Trust me. If it ends up hurting it's not because his 's too big, it's due to a lack of proper stretching."

"Well, you're the expert here," Jongin mumbles before checking his phone. 

"And don't be too ty," Baekhyun adds with an inhuman chortle. He quickly quietens down. "On second thought, be ty. Be as ty as you want."

Jongin nearly drops his phone. With a squawk, he places a hand over Baekhyun's mouth. "Cut it out!" He quickly removes his hand when Baekhyun sticks out his tongue and his palm. "God damn you, you idiot!"

"No but honestly, I've never heard you but you definitely seem like the loud type," Baekhyun says, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "AKA the ty type," he adds with a nonchalant shrug.

"I ing hate you, Byun Baekhyun," Jongin moans, "I ing hate your ." He really regrets asking Baekhyun for advice. But on the other hand, he figures he should've known better. Much better.

"Good, since it's reserved for Chanyeol anyway," Baekhyun cackles and yelps when Jongin throws the empty carton of milk at his face. "No but all jokes aside, if you want it, tell him, since he obviously wants you like crazy and he's waiting for you to tell him. You've got literally nothing to lose, I'm not kidding."

Jongin is silent for a minute. "Okay. But like...how should I tell him, though? I can't just go up to him and be like 'Sehun, I want you to me', can I?"

"...Now that I think about it, that sounds ing perfect," Baekhyun laughs. "Go for it."

"Baek, I'm serious!" Jongin whines with a slap on Baekhyun's arm. "How should I say it? I don't wanna weird him out and end up scaring him away like I did a couple of weeks ago."

"Why the would you scare him away? He loves you, idiot," Baekhyun says with a roll of his eyes. "Seriously Jongin, have some more faith in yourself. I mean, you are awkward by nature, I'll admit that, but I think you'll make it through this just fine. Trust me."

"Okay, first of all, I think we've proven that it's because of my 'awkwardness by nature' that he decided to take that break earlier," Jongin says, heart slightly trembling at the memory. "And I don't want a repeat of that or I think I'll dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it and never come back out again. Secondly, have some more faith in myself? You're the one who's used to sleeping around with dudes 24/7, not me. Hell, I've never even touched a before, for God's sake," he mumbles the last part.

"Then stop being awkward, and quit overthinking every little aspect of the situation," Baekhyun says. "It's not that difficult. I mean, I get why you're nervous and all but still. I bet Sehun's overly used to your awkward-ness at this point so it shouldn't be too bad." He runs a hand through his hair. "And you haven't? Boy, you're missing out!"

"But what do you like...do, during the whole thing?" Jongin asks, eyes wide in confusion. "You know..."

Baekhyun blinks. "Are you se....if the 's good, you lie there and take it, that's it." He smirks. "And Sehun's seems to be, so I wouldn't worry if I were you."

"Why do you keep assuming I'm the one who's...you know," Jongin says in frustration.

"The bottom?" Baekhyun raises an eyebrow before shooting Jongin a knowing look. "Because, my friend, you are one. Seriously, you have 'bottom' written all over you."

Burying his face in his hands, Jongin emits a low, inhuman shriek before turning to look at Baekhyun, who is only smiling at him. "So do you."

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" Baekhyun laughs. "I am one, if you didn't already know. Don't worry though," he says when he sees Jongin's anxious look, "the bottom life's great, so welcome to the club!"

"Sorry for annoying you with all this," Jongin sighs, resting his head on the table. "I just don't want things to get awkward and...well, weird."

"It won't be awkward," Baekhyun says with a reassuring hand on Jongin's shoulder. "Trust me. You love and care about each other; you'll find a way to make it work, I know you will. Hey, how about this; if it ends up being awkward and he accidentally, somehow, manages to you so intensely that you pass out, you can blame me all you like."

Jongin is seconds away from whacking Baekhyun upside the head when the bell rings, making both of them jump. It's at the same exact moment that Jongin's phone buzzes and he quickly fishes it out of his pocket.



From: Sehunnie <3

that was your bell, wasn't it?? come to the parking lot, i'm here waiting for u!! tell baek yeol is here as well~  <3



"Hey, what'd he say?"

Jongin whips his head up. "Uh, how'd you know it's him?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "No one but Sehun could make you smile like that, you look like the Joker on ecstasy, for 's sake. Now, what did he say?"

"He heard the bell and he's waiting for me outside, in the parking lot," Jongin says, not taking his eyes off the screen. "Oh, and I should also mention Chanyeol's here as well," he adds and giggles when he sees Baekhyun's face (and eyes) light up.

"Let's go then," Baekhyun says before standing up and throwing his leftovers away. Walking over to the table, he pokes Jongin's temple. "Hey, let's go, the princes are waiting for their princesses!"

"Hold your goddamn horses," Jongin mutters as he puts his phone away. Worry soon overcomes him and he quickly turns to Baekhyun. "What do I say to him when I see him? Do I just act casual?"

"Of course, lunkhead, weren't you the one who said you didn't want things to be awkward?" Baekhyun huffs in annoyance before grabbing Jongin's hand and dragging the latter out of the cafeteria.