Update #6 (05.15.17)

From Head to Toes Writing Contest

UPDATE #6
05.15.17

 

 

INFORMATION

Hi guys! Wow, halfway through with the update posts already?! Which means that we're basically at the halfway point of this contest! And I'm still not over seeing EXO last month for The EXO'rDIUM in LA. I'll post a very short fan account, just because it's always nice to share experiences. But definitely feel free to skip the next paragraph if you have no interest and just want to know about stuff that's actually related to the contest, haha. (and if anyone is going to monsta x beautiful in la, hmu so i can spaz about my newest obsession even tho im technically going so my sister can meet her ub wonho lol)
 
I had an amazing time at the concert and I feel SO MUCH LOVE for these boys! My voice was gone for days, but it was definitely worth it to cheer them on! And I will shamelessly admit that I cried several times, because I'm an emotional person like that, LOL. (but then again, all i've done is cry nowadays bcuz life hates me????? ha ha ha) My biases, Baekhyun and Chen, looked absolutely FLAWLESS (but tbh, all of them did, HAHA). Their performance presence was AMAZING and Jongdae was killing it on stage with every song; I couldn't keep my eyes off of him AT ALL. Not to mention, he laughed so much and engaged in conversation a lot more this year than he did last year. Baekhyun was also a lot more talkative and outgoing this year, in comparison to last year since he had a sore throat then, so it was really nice to see his bubbly personality shine this time! I also died and came back to life several times during Baekhyun's Monster dance solo. It was pretty bittersweet seeing Lay in the VCRs, since he's my third bias in the holy trinity and this is the second time he's missing out on LA, but I screamed my heart out for Yixing regardless because he's wonderful and it felt like he was there anyway with the VCRs. Once again, Suho and Chanyeol showed off their amazing stage presence. Last year, they really caught my eye with how engaging they were with the audience and Suho's leadership was so evident. He always tries to speak as much English as possible at the NA concerts and it really shows how much he cares about making the fans' experience the best it can possibly be. And even though D.O is quiet for the most part, he always ends up playing into Chanyeol's antics near the end and it's honestly so hilarious seeing them goof around on stage in between songs. I can never look at tiny hands and feet the same way ever again because of those two dorks. Kai and Sehun really shined during their dance solos and collabs, and even though Xiumin was pretty quiet overall (but more talkative than he was last year), he and Sehun really got into Do It Together and Full Moon. Also, Chanyeol's electric guitar solo was amazing and I'm so happy he got to lead that section of the concert. I'm so sorry if this is lacking and pretty skewed in terms of Baekhyun and Chen. I was focusing most of my attention on them, but I honestly think that every member stood out in their own way that night. I also have an eight-minute long SnapChat video of me being an embarrassment to society by screaming my lungs out at every possible moment, but it's okay because I am shameless when it comes to EXO. (i just really love them?????)
 
Anyway, back to the contest! Big thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry since the last update! I'm rooting for all of you and if you haven't submitted a story yet, don't hesitate to do so! In terms of more merch, I've added a Chanyeol fan and a Chanyeol stand from Nature Republic to the prize list. I've also added a Monster poster that a nice girl I met before the concert gave to me, because she already had that poster at home and didn't need it. People are so nice. :') And at the concert, Suho mentioned that their newest album will be coming very soon, so once that's been released, I'll add it to the prize list!
 
Since I promised I'd talk about the Best Of prizes in this update, here's what's going to happen. A Best Of prize will be "unlocked" when there are at least five entries featuring a character or a ship. The base karma point prize for that will be 500 points. But with every five entries featuring that character or ship, there will be an extra 500 karma points added to the prize. So for example, as of right now, there are seven entries that feature Baekhyun as a main character, so the prize for the Best Of - Baekhyun story is 500 karma points. But if there ends up being ten entries featuring Baekhyun, the Best Of - Baekhyun story prize will be 1000 karma points. I might increase this, depending on how many Best Of prizes end up being "unlocked" as well as the possibility of more karma donations coming in. If you'd like to amend your entry to include more main characters, you can since I realized that part of the entry form was singular instead of plural, so I've amended that. And if you'd also like to be a karma donator, please contact me so we can discuss the specifics. I will repay you for your generosity!
 
If you want to join a mini merch giveaway/writing challenge, I'm giving away two BTS fans in my other writing contest Shoes of a Unicorn Writing Contest. The giveaway/challenge will be going on for the months of April and May, so if you'd like, join now before it's too late!
 
Sorry that this update was kind of long again, even though I said I'd keep these shorter. I promise the next ones won't be as long. Anyway, please continue to write stories, submit entries, and promote the contest! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me via the comment box, my wall, or private messages. I respond to all messages within 24 hours. Good luck to everyone participating so far and I hope to see more of your wonderful entries soon!
 

C.E
is licensed by CC 3.0 BY