The Feels Train

Written in Pages

When Wonshik saw a notification from his phone, he opened it immediately. It was a message from Taekwoon: “Sorry Wonshik. I can’t come. I lost track of time and my phone was in silent mode. I’m really sorry.” He suddenly felt sad. He texted back, slowly typing the message on his phone as if it was the hardest thing to do. “It’s okay Taek. I understand. J”.  He was really looking forward to see his best friend that night to congratulate him personally. He had already put his clothes on and was ready to go outside anytime. He was really disappointed.

He slumped on the couch after replying to Taekwoon’s message. ”Hmmm... You lost track of time…. That means the presentation went smoothly I guess. I’m glad. Ah. But you forgot me Taek. Am I already being replaced? It must have been a really nice date huh? Haha.” Wonshik said with a sad smile on his face. He was really glad that the presentation must have gone smoothly since Taekwoon spent almost a day with his editor. But he can’t help but feel hurt. He wanted to scream and get mad but the pain in his chest was weighing in more. This was the first time Taekwoon cancelled out on him. Aish! I shouldn’t feel this down. I can see him on Friday anyway. I’ll just send him a congratulatory text later. Wonshik said trying to console himself.  He went to his room and changed his clothes. He decided to sleep, hoping that this time sleep will take him away from his frustrations.

After a few hours, he suddenly woke up when he heard knocks from his door. He immediately got up and went to the entryway to see who was visiting him at this hour. When he opened the door he was surprised to see a panting Taekwoon, hands on his knees as if he ran for miles. “Taekwoon! What are you doing here? I thought you couldn’t come. Why are you panting like you’ve run a marathon? Aigoo.” Wonshik said worriedly, rubbing the back of his best friend. “Your elevator… ha.. ha.. ha.. ha.. was.. uuhhh… too slow.. ha.. ha.. ha... I ran… up… ha.. ha.. the…. cough cough… stairs… ha.. ha.. ha.. ha.. sorry Wonshik. cough cough.” Taekwoon said panting, trying to catch his breath. “Aigoo. You didn’t have to. Come inside. Sit on the couch. I’ll go get some water.” Wonshik said while helping his best friend get in his apartment and sat him down on the couch. He immediately ran to the kitchen to get some water. The other man on the couch was trying to calm his breathing down. When Wonshik offered a glass of water, he immediately drank it. “Ha…” Taekwoon heaved a sigh of relief. “What are you doing here Taek? I told you it was okay. You didn’t have to. Aigoo!” Wonshik exclaimed. Then he was blowing  through his hand and he rubbed them together. He then placed his hands on Taekwoon’s ears and repeated the same thing and placed it on Taekwoon’s cheeks to help the other man warm up.  “Aigoo! You’re so cold. You’re ears and nose is so red. I always told you to wear an earmuff during the winter when you’re outside. And you’re scarf is too thin. How long have you been outside like that?” Wonshik asked worriedly, hands still on Taekwoon’s cheeks. “I know I didn’t have to but I really wanted to see you. I’m really sorry Wonshik. Since we couldn’t come to the restaurant, I bought us food. I ran all the way to Sonia’s. It started to snow. I didn’t bring enough money to pay for a cab so I ran. Good thing I arrived just on time. I hope you’re in the mood for pasta.”  Taekwoon answered, he then raised the bag on his hand to show the food he bought. Both male were now smiling. Wonshik was happy that Taekwoon didn’t forget him. He was there with him, and now they are smiling brightly. Taekwoon blushed when he saw the other man staring at him lovingly, Wonshik’s hand still on his cheeks.  When Wonshik realized this, he immediately retreated his hands. “Thank you Taek. I haven’t had dinner yet. Haha. Let’s eat.” Wonshik answered rubbing the back of his head from embarrassment.

They went to the dining area to eat their dinner. While eating, they talked about Taekwoon’s day. “So how was the presentation?” Wonshik asked. “Hmmm… It went pretty well. Hongbin hyung liked it. He is positive that we’ll get the thumbs up. I’m really glad.” Taekwoon answered. “That’s great. I knew you could do it. I’m really happy for you. Ah. I can see it now. My Taekwoonie will be the best romance manga artist! I’m really proud of you.” Wonshik exclaimed, hands on his chest like a proud parent. “Okay Mom. Hahahaha.. Calm down. I don’t have the thumbs up yet. Let’s hope for the best.” Taekwoon said, laughing lightly at his best friends antics. “I’m sure of it! I’m already claiming it! Hahahaha.. Hmm.. what else did you do today? My life here was pretty boring.” Wonshik asked, trying not to sound so nosey. He was just curious why it took almost a whole day for the presentation. He really wanted to know but at the same time he was afraid to hear it. He was looking at his food, waiting for Taekwoon’s story. He can’t look at the man, because he was afraid that he would get hurt again if he sees Taekwoon’s eyes glitter when he talks about Hongbin.

“Oh! We went to this café near the park. We should go there next time. Their latte is really good and the French toast there is really delicious. But there were too many people that time, many customers were staring at us so it made me feel a little uncomfortable.  I wonder why they were staring at us. Oh oh! We also went to this restaurant near the café for lunch. I’m sure you’ll love it. Their ceiling was very impressive, it has paintings in it. And the style of the restaurant was very good too. And the food was really really good. I’ll take you there next time. Then we went to the park. Their hot chocolate was great! Let’s try it together.” Taekwoon explained excitedly like a little child. Wonshik was now looking at his best friend with a bright smile on his face. He did not hear Taekwoon mention Hongbin, he was talking about his day like he wanted Wonshik to be there too. You really did not forget me Taek. Ah. Why am I so happy about this.. Wonshik taught, his heart filled with relief and happiness.

“Hahahaha.. All you talked about was food Taek. Is that all you did? Haha. You ate too much. How can you even eat dinner?!” Wonshik commented slightly laughing. “Yah! Of course we talked about important things too.” Taekwoon retorted. “Hyung gave me some advice on how to draw more expressions and emotions. I learned a lot. So that’s good. I’ll be presenting at the office tomorrow afternoon.” He added. “Wow! Fighting Taek! You can do it.” Wonshik said.

 

After they had their dinner, they washed the dishes together, like the usual, Taekwoon was washing the dishes while Wonshik was wiping them dry. After which, they went to the living room and sat on the couch to relax. “Wanna watch a movie? I got a copy of the movie Hachiko from Jaehwan hyung when he went to the office. He told me to watch it with you because he said I need someone to be there for the feels train or something.” Wonshik explained. “Okay. Let’s watch it together. Hmmm.. I’m glad Jaehwan hyung and Hakyeon hyung are going strong.” Taekwoon commented. Wonshik nodded in agreement. “Yeah. They really look great together. Even if they’re busy with their respective careers they still find time for each other. They’ve been together for years now but they still look at each other with so much love. But sometimes it gets annoying when they’re too lovey dovey. Hahaha. And when they’re together, there sassiness is beyond crazy. Hahahahaha.” Wonshik stated with a smile on his face.

 “Hahahaha.. I can imagine it now. Hahahahahaha….” Taekwoon was now laughing while imagining Wonshik being teased by the duo. “Okay okay. Hahahaha… You can stop laughing now. I’ll go get my laptop. Let’s connect it to the TV.” Wonshik said and stood up to get his laptop from his room. Taekwoon stood up too to get some drinks from the refrigerator on Wonshik’s kitchen. Taekwoon was so comfortable in Wonshik’s apartment. He treated it like it was his own. He smirked when we saw cans of coffee on the fridge. Wonshik bought them for Taekwoon in case the other male decided to visit him.  

Taekwoon went to the living room with a can of coffee for him and a cup of hot chocolate for Wonshik. When he arrived, Wonshik was already setting up his laptop for the movie. “Ah finally. It connected!” Wonshik rejoiced, he turned off the lights and went straight to the couch to sit beside Taekwoon. Taekwoon was sitting comfortably on the couch, his legs almost stretched. He was patting the space beside him for Wonshik to take. When they were finally comfortably seated together, Wonshik pressed play.

The two males were quiet for the first duration of the movie, until there was a scene that made Wonshik want to cry. He was about to cry when he heard the man beside him sobbing. When he looked at the other male, Taekwoon was really crying, he was wiping stream of tears, eyes still focused on the movie. “Aigoo! Taek. You’re crying too much. Aigoo!” Wonshik commented. Taekwoon looked up at Wonshik, tears were still flowing from his eyes. “Wonshik-ah… Why? Why are you torturing me? This is so sad. Hachiko.. he… he’s such a good dog… Why? Why?” Taekwoon asked, his sobbing now louder and more tears were falling. “Aigoo! Shhh… It’s okay Taek.” Wonshik pulled the other man’s head into his shoulder so that Taekwoon had something to lean on. Taekwoon took the invitation and leaned on Wonshik’s shoulder. He was still crying silently but his eyes were now focused on the movie. Wonshik can feel his shirt getting wet from Taekwoon’s tears. This must be what Jaehwan hyung meant when said feels train. Aigoo. Taekwoon is crying like a baby. Wonshik thought, finally realizing what it meant. The movie was really heartbreaking but he can’t help but feel happy because Taekwoon was leaning on his shoulders. We look like a real couple. Haha. You’re so cute Taek. Wonshik was mentally rejoicing.