The Party

Written in Pages

Three days passed, but the two males still weren’t able to meet. Both Taekwoon and Wonshik were busy with their respective schedules so they decided to push Taekwoon’s celebration to a later date. Even though they were busy, they exchanged messages every day. And every night, Wonshik would call to remind Taekwoon about the party they were going to attend on Friday. It was Wonshik’s company party. His company decided to celebrate since he was able to close a deal on one of the biggest companies in Korea.

“Don’t forget the party tomorrow Taekwoon-ah. Do you have something to wear yet? I can lend you some clothes if you want. Oh! Do you have a matching pair of shoes yet? I don’t think mine would fit you well. But if you want we can go to the mall tomorrow to buy one.” Wonshik said over the phone not even pausing to breathe. The party was important to him after all and he wanted his best friend to be there with him. “Wonshik, you’ve been reminding me since Tuesday. I won’t forget okay. I’ve even set a reminder of it on my phone. I have already prepared what I’m going to wear. I even already had it ironed. Don’t worry okay. I’ll be there. Promise.” Taekwoon replied tiredly since it was almost past midnight. “Okay Taekwoon. I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 7:30PM okay. Goodnight Taek! Don’t forget about tomorrow!” Wonshik reminded again. “Okay Wonshik-ah. Good night. See you tomorrow.” Taekwoon responded and ended the call.

At last, it was Friday. The day that Wonshik has been waiting for. The blonde man has been in a good mood since this morning and was even surprisingly on time for work. Click click click.. Wonshik suddenly snapped from his daze when he heard the sound of a camera flashing somewhere. “Hakyeon hyung! What are you doing? Stop taking pictures of me. Delete that. Hyung!” Wonshik complained. “Hahahahaha… This is the first time you’re early for work. I have to document this miracle. This may never happen again. “Hakyeon teased. “Please delete that hyung. “Wonshik reprimanded. “Okay okay. You don’t have to sulk. Hahaha.. I think someone’s too excited for the party. Oh.. Correction. I think someone’s too excited to bring the love of his life to the party. Hahaha. You’re so obvious my cute dongsaeng.” Hakyeon teased some more making the other man blush. “Yah hyung! I’m just happy and excited for the party. And this is the first time that Taekwoon is going with me to our company party, so I’m happy that he’s willing to come.” Wonshik said in a stern voice trying hard not to falter from embarrassment. “Hmmm.. I didn’t even mention Taekwoonie though. I just said “the love of your life.” “ Hakyeon smirked. Wonshik is now bright red. Aish! No one can get away with Hakyeon hyung. Wonshik thought. “Ah! Young love. So beautiful. So pure. So innocent.” Hakyeon teased some more. “I wish I can bring Jaehwan though. But instead I’m going to bring my younger brother. This is so lame.” Hakyeon said in defeat. “That’s okay hyung. I want to meet your brother too.” Wonshik said, trying to comfort the older man. Hakyeon smiled at the comment and waved goodbye to Wonshik so that both of them can go back to work.

At exactly 5:00PM, Wonshik turned off his computer and waved goodbye to his colleagues. “I’m off now. See you later at the party.” Wonshik said cheerfully. When Wonshik was already out of the building, he texted Taekwoon immediately. “Hi Taek! I just got off from work. (;⌣̀_⌣́)  … I’m on my way home now. I’m just going to take a quick shower okay? I’ll pick you up later. See you Taek! \(^▽^)/ “

 When Taekwoon read the message, he immediately went to the bathroom to take a nice long shower; his clothes were already prepared the night before, his shoes already polished clean. After taking a bath, he went to his room and texted Wonshik. He informed the other man that he will be ready after 20 minutes. After drying his hair, he had put on his attire for the night. He wore a classic midnight blue suit paired with a plain black cotton shirt, an elegantly slim black tie around his collar and a newly polished black lace up oxford for his shoes. He stood in front of a mirror to take a good look. He turned a few times to make sure that everything was in place. After he was satisfied with his look, he proceeded with styling his hair. He wanted to keep it simple, so he just brushed up his dark black hair, a few strands dancing around his forehead. He was about to put on his cologne when he heard a knock on his door. He sprayed his cologne hurriedly and checked himself out quickly before he went out of his room and proceeded to open the door on the entry way. When he opened the door he met a very stylish Wonshik dressed in a plain black suit paired with a white shirt and a black tie around his collar, his blonde hair elegantly styled complementing his face. Both males had their mouths open from shock from seeing each other so dressed up formally.

“You… you look really really really amazing Taek.” Wonshik stuttered, a small blush adorned his face. He was choking up on his words from seeing such a handsome Taekwoon in front of him. Indeed, Taekwoon looked amazing; the suit he wore complimented his flawlessly white skin. He looked like an actor on a red carpet. He looked so chic and elegant. “You look really good too Wonshik.” Taekwoon complimented back slightly giggling from the other man’s reaction. “Shall we go?” Wonshik asked shyly. Taekwoon just nodded in agreement and locked his door. They grabbed a cab and went in to seat at the back.  Both males were silent on the whole ride. Taekwoon was admiring the view of a few buildings they passed by from his window while Wonshik, on the other hand, was silently stealing glances from the other man. He was still in awe at how handsome and beautiful his best friend looked. I wish this whole ride will never end so that I can have this beautiful view all to myself. Wonshik silently hoped. But unfortunately, after a few minutes the cab driver announced that they had already reached their destination.

On the elevator, both males were still silent. However, Wonshik was battling with his mind the whole time. Aigoo! My heart is beating like crazy. Waaaahhhhh! I really want to hold you right now. Should I? Can I hold your hand? Aish! You look so beautiful Taekwoon-ah. I’m sure there are a lot of people who will flirt with you. Aish! What if someone would get you drunk and take you home? Oh my god! I have to protect your innocence. Aish! What should I say, uhm.. Taekwoon-ah, please hold my hand and never let go so that these carnivorous beasts won’t get their hands on you. Aish! That doesn’t sound good. Taekwoon-ah, please hold my hand. Why? Just because. Aish! That doesn’t sound right either. For goodness sake, I really want to hold your hand Taek! Just take my hand and hold it! Take my heart too! Take my mind! Take everything! Dammit! Why is this elevator so slow! Wonshik thought, slightly banging his head on the elevator walls from the mental stress. When the elevator doors opened, Wonshik heaved a sigh. Taekwoon was surprised by the deep sigh his best friend let out. “What’s the matter Shik? Are you okay” Taekwoon asked worriedly, slightly moving towards the other man and tilted his head to get a good view of Wonshik’s face. Wonshik was taken aback by the sudden closeness. “I’m okay Taek. Just a little nervous.” Wonshik answered, a deep red blush on his cheeks.

When they arrived at the venue, all eyes were on them. Wonshik got slightly irritated from the stares his best friend was receiving. He wanted to cover up his Taekwoon and just run off with him. He finally calmed down when he saw Hakyeon waving and almost running towards them. “OH MY GOD! MY TAEKWOONIE LOOKS SO PRECIOUS! AIGOO! You look so handsome. My baby is all grown up. I’m so proud. Aigoo! You look like a movie star. Aigoo! My handsome baby. Aigoo!” Hakyeon exclaimed, hugging Taekwoon while showering him with compliments. Taekwoon suddenly blushed from the praises he received from the older male but accepted the hug since he knew he will never hear the end of it from Hakyeon if he pushed him away. “Ahem…” Wonshik slightly grunted to get the attention of the older male. “Hakyeon hyung, I think Taekwoon needs to breathe yeah? Please let him go.” Wonshik said, slightly laughing at his best friend who looked like he was asking to be saved. Hakyeon immediately let the other man go from the tight hug. “Oh sorry! I was just too excited. I haven’t seen you in a long time. You never go out with us anymore.” Hakyeon slightly pouted. “It’s nice to finally see you again hyung. Sorry. I was kinda busy with my project. I missed you too and Jaehwan hyung.” Taekwoon replied. Hakyeon smiled at the comment and slightly ruffled Taekwoon’s hair like a kid. “Aish! This kid. I really missed you too Taekwoonie. I’m sure Jaehwan misses you too. He’s not here though. He’s in a business trip.” Hakyeon said. “Oh! That’s right. Where’s your little brother hyung?” Wonshik asked, suddenly remembering that Hakyeon was going to bring his brother with him at the party. “He just went to the bathroom for a while. And he’s not really that little anymore. He’s even taller than me now. I’ll introduce him later. I just have to take a call outside. Please enjoy the party you two.” Hakyeon said and winked at Wonshik.

Wonshik and Taekwoon went to the table Hakyeon reserved for them. “I’ll just go and get us something to eat Taek. You can wait for me here.” Wonshik suggested. “Okay Wonshik. Thank you.” Taekwoon answered. Wonshik stood up and went to the food stand to get some food. He already had a plate full of food that Taekwoon loved. He was about to leave when he was suddenly stopped by his boss. “Oh! Wonshik. I finally got a hold of you.” His boss said. Wonshik placed the plates he was holding on a table so that he can shake hands with his boss. “Oh. Hi Sir. Sorry I was a little late.” Wonshik answered politely. His boss just chuckled. “No harm done. I’m glad you went to the party. I’ve heard that your project is already under development. Good job Wonshik. By the way, I want you to meet my daughter Minji. She’s also a big fan of Leo’s works. I’ve heard a lot of praises coming from you for his works. So I just thought you had a lot in common with my daughter. She’s crazy about that Leo guy” His boss said slightly laughing, while the young beautiful girl beside him was whining. “Dad. Please.” Minji whined.

 Minji looked like a nice poised girl, her long dark hair carefully styled, she looked like a model and had a nice elegant vibe. “Nice to meet you Minji. Don’t worry, dads are supposed to be like that.” Wonshik commented slightly chuckling. “It’s good that someone understands a dad. Haha. I’ll leave you two alone for a while.” His boss said and waved goodbye to the two of them.

“So you’re a big fan of Leo too? What are the mangas you’ve read? He’s really good isn’t he? And I heard that he looks good too.” Minji commented excitedly. “Yes! I’m a big fan of his work too. I heard he’s going to release a romance manga this month. I’m excited to see that!” Wonshik added. “Really? WOW! That’s amazing.” Minji exclaimed with wide eyes. She never heard of this news before. “Yeah! I heard Taekwoon really worked hard for it.” Wonshik said proudly. “Taekwoon?” Minji asked confused. Wonshik covered his mouth suddenly. Leo was Taekwoon’s pen name. He never used his real name because he didn’t want people to get into his personal life. He never even had his pictures printed on the backside of his books. He was often called the mysterious artist because of it. “Minji. Could you please forget what I said. Please keep it a secret.” Wonshik pleaded, hands clasped tightly and slightly bowing his head in defeat. “Oh! I see! It’s his real name! Don’t worry. I’ll keep it a secret. But that means you’re good friends with him though. Omo! Please Wonshik-sshi. Please let me meet him.” Minji said excitedly. They continued their conversation regarding Taekwoon’s works but Wonshik was already getting restless. He really wanted to escape and just sit beside Taekwoon. He looked at the direction of their table to look for Taekwoon, but the said man wasn’t there. While talking to Minji, his eyes were wandering around the room trying to locate his best friend.

He was surprised to see Taekwoon on a corner talking to a man he had never seen before. The other man was tall, with a dark brown hair, wearing a stylish blue navy suit. The other man looked quite handsome. Taekwoon looked like he was enjoying his conversation with the stranger. Wonshik was suddenly alarmed. “Sorry Minji. Let’s talk about this later. I have to go and accompany my friend.” Wonshik said and bowed to the other girl. He briskly walked towards the corner where his best friend and the stranger stood. When he was almost there, he heard Taekwoon giggle. “What? Taekwoon never reacted like that before with a stranger. He’s only like that when he’s with his close friends.” Wonshik uttered silently, slightly stunned by the sudden scene. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Taekwoon calling for him. “Wonshik! Come here. I want to introduce you to Hongbin hyung!” Taekwoon said slightly louder from excitement while waving at Wonshik to come closer. Hongbin looked at the direction Taekwoon was waving to, when he saw the blonde man walking towards them he smiled and slightly bowed at the other man in greeting.

Wonshik felt a sudden pang in his chest. His heart was running wild. He continued to walk towards them with clenched fists and a forced smile. He became agitated and wanted to pull his best friend away. Why did you have to show up tonight Hongbin?