Happiness

Written in Pages

When Taekwoon got home to his apartment he immediately took a bath and dressed up comfortably. After which, he went to his room to read his work again. He was pacing back and forth. He was too nervous and too irritated. When he was about to do another round of rereading his work for the nth time, his phone rang. “Hello?” Taekwoon answered. “Hi Taekwoon! How are you? Let’s eat lunch together.” Hongbin said in a cheerful voice from the other line. “Okay Hyung. Thank you.” Taekwoon replied. “I’ll pick you up from your apartment okay?” Hongbin suggested. “You don’t have to do that Hyung. I’ll just…” Taekwoon immediately answered but was cut off by the other man. “No Taekwoon. I insist. See you later. Bye” Hongbin said and immediately ended the call to avoid further discussion on the topic.

“Hongbin hyung is very kind. I’m really happy that he’s my editor for this project.” Taekwoon heaved a sigh of relief. He decided to read his work once again just to make sure that everything is clear. After a few minutes, he received a text message from Hongbin; “I’m here downstairs Taekwoon. ٩(◕‿◕)۶ I’ll wait for you. Okay? ”. Taekwoon’s eyes widened when he saw the message. “Whaaaaaattttt! He’s here already?!! I am not dressed up yet. Omo!” Taekwoon exclaimed, immediately placing his documents on his bag and immediately rummaged his closet to find a decent pair of clothes. He grabbed a scarf and immediately closed his door. He ran down the stairs as fast as he could. When he arrived he saw Hongbin’s car, parked nicely on the side. He saw Hongbin talking to Grandma Annie, the old woman on the first floor who takes care of him sometimes but hated Wonshik’s blonde hair and tattoos. Grandma Annie was as lively as ever, he was cheerfully chatting with Hongbin. Hongbin looked like a model on a runway. He’s clothes looked like it came out straight from a magazine. He’s hair was styled perfectly.

“Oh! Woonie. There you are. “ Grandma Annie said while waving her hands to Taekwoon to come closer. Hongbin looked at the direction Grandma Annie was waving to. He smiled when he saw Taekwoon. Grandma Annie noticed the smile on Hongbin’s face, she wanted to ask more about it but decided now is not the time. So she just smiled and pulled Hongbin closer and whispered, “Fighting! Go and sweep my Woonie off his feet.” Hongbin blushed by the sudden comment and turned even redder when Grandma Annie winked at her.

When Taekwoon got closer, he noticed that Hongbin’s face was bright red. He went closer to Hongbin and placed his hand on the other man’s temple to check his temperature. Hongbin was surprised by the sudden gesture and blushed even harder. “What’s wrong hyung? Are you okay? Your face is red. Are you sick? Would you like to take a rest before we go?” Taekwoon asked worriedly. Hongbin just stood there dumbfounded; he can’t even say a single word. Grandma Annie giggled a little by how cute Hongbin was acting so she decided to answer for him. “Don’t worry Woonie. Hongbin is just a little tired from carrying my groceries. You should bring him here more often.” Grandma Annie said while looking at the two males. “Oh. I see. Thanks for helping Grandma Annie, Hongbin hyung.” Taekwoon replied and thanked Hongbin. When Hongbin heard Taekwoon mention his name, he snapped out of his trance. He saw Taekwoon’s hair disheveled, maybe from running too fast to get downstairs. Hongbin immediately placed his hand on Taekwoon’s head and softly run his hand through Taekwoon’s hair to help comb it. “Aigoo Woonie. Your hair is a little messy. You didn’t have to run down the stairs.” Hongbin teased while still running his hands on the other man’s hair. Taekwoon blushed by the nickname and blushed even harder when Hongbin patted his head caringly. Grandma Annie was now giggling even harder and tried to gently push the two males on their way. “Omo! You should get going now. Take care, okay?” Grandma Annie said while trying hard to stop herself from giggling too much. “Thank you Grandma. See you later.” Taekwoon said and bowed. “Thank you Grandma Annie. It was nice to meet you. Take care and see you again soon.” Hongbin bowed as well. Grandma Annie patted the back of Hongbin like a proud grandmother.

The two males waved goodbye to the kind old lady before getting in the car. Taekwoon sat comfortably on the passenger seat while Hongbin sat on the driver’s seat and the radio. On the whole ride to the restaurant, they were chatting cheerfully, talking about random things and, of course, Taekwoon’s presentation that afternoon. They arrived at a quiet and quaint restaurant a few blocks from their office. Not too many customers, soft and soothing music playing on the background, and has a nice homey vibe, indeed, something Taekwoon would love. The restaurant staffs were very accommodating and they were seated immediately on a table near the window. Taekwoon can’t help but notice that a few of the customers were staring at them again like what happened before when they were in the café. And like before, Taekwoon once again blushed from the attention. He doesn’t like having too much attention on him, so it made him a little uncomfortable. When Hongbin noticed this, he immediately started a conversation to help distract the younger male. “Don’t be nervous Taekwoon. I’m sure everything will turn out just fine. I’m sure it will get approved. You did a great job as always.” Hongbin complimented. “Thank you hyung. I was a little nervous a while back but talking to you made me calm down. Thank you Hongbin hyung.” Taekwoon said and bowed in gratitude. “Aigoo. You don’t have to bow. You don’t have to thank me. I’m your number fan. And as a fan and as an editor, your work is really amazing. I bet Sanggyu hyung is really mad right now that I managed to steal one of his best artists. Aigoo! He will start pestering me like an old man again. Hahahahaha.” Hongbin said animatedly. Taekwoon laughed a little loudly at his editor’s antics. “I finally made you laugh. You should laugh more Taekwoon-ah.” Hongbin rejoiced. Taekwoon blushed again and laughed by the sudden comment.

After having a nice conversation over some good food, they went straight to the office and asked for their boss. They were immediately sent to the meeting room by the assistant and were told to wait for a while since their boss is talking over the phone with a printing company. When their boss arrived at the meeting room, Taekwoon and Hongbin were already preparing the presentation. Both men stood up and bowed to the older man. Their boss bowed and greeted them back. “I’m really excited about this presentation Taekwoon. Let’s get started?” Taekwoon’s boss suggested. Taekwoon just nodded in agreement and handed his work. Hongbin sat across him beside their boss. Taekwoon started his presentation and talked about the story, his work displayed from a projector so the boss would have a good view of it. After a few minutes, Taekwoon ended his presentation. Their boss suddenly stood up and clapped his hands. “This is really good Taekwoon! I knew you could do it! I never doubted you for a second! We’ll have this featured as soon as you finalized it. I really like this Taekwoon!” His boss complimented with excitement. Hongbin looked at the surprised Taekwoon and gave a thumbs up and mouthed, “Good job Taekwoon”. Taekwoon smiled and bowed, saying thank you more than a few times.

“Sorry. But I think I haven’t seen the title yet. Hmmm…” Their boss asked the two males. “We haven’t decided on it since we wanted to present this to you first.” Hongbin answered. “That’s fine. Then let’s start brainstorming then so we could have it finalized. Hmm… How about LR? For Laine and Ravi.” Their boss suggested. “That’s good. But I was thinking something more that could describe their love. What do you think Taekwoon?” Hongbin said and looked at Taekwoon. “I think that LR is really good too and has a nice ring to it since its short and would easily be remembered. But I agree with Hongbin-hyung too. I think it would be good if the title would describe the story.” Taekwoon suggested. “I see. You’re right.” Their boss said and nodded in agreement. After a few hours of careful deliberation, they finally came up with the title. “That’s it. I like it! It has a nice mysterious vibe. That’s great!” His boss exclaimed in agreement. Hongbin and Taekwoon nodded. “Now that is settled, let’s talk about the timeline for your work and let’s set some deadlines so we can post it immediately. Let’s talk about this over dinner. Yeah? I’m really hungry since I haven’t had lunch yet. Hahaha.. It’s my treat. So don’t be shy.” Their boss suggested. “Thank you very much Sir.” Taekwoon and Hongbin said in unison and bowed.

Taekwoon immediately texted Wonshik to deliver the good news. “Wonshik! My boss loved it and said it would be featured right away after the first two chapters. I’m really happy Wonshik. Thank you! Thank you for helping me out! J”

After a few minutes, Taekwoon received a reply from his best friend. “That’s great Taekwoon! I knew you could do it! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ I’m really happy for you. I’m so proud of you! Waaaahhhh.. I wanna hug you right now. (つ≧▽≦)つ Let’s celebrate when you get home! My treat!  <( ̄︶ ̄)>”

Taekwoon was slightly laughing at his best friend’s cute reply. He was fighting back his giggles while replying back. “What’s with the sudden abundance of cute emoticons in your message. Hahahahahahahaha! Stop acting so cute Wonshik, you’re embarrassing me. (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄). I might come home late tonight. My boss is treating us for dinner and we’ll be talking about the timeline for the manga. It may take long. Let’s celebrate another time. Hug back. ⊂( ̄▽ ̄)⊃ “

 

Meanwhile at Wonshik’s office, the blonde man was dying from too much happiness. He was banging his head on his desk to try to control his giggles. Ah! Learning these cute emoticons was worth it after all. My efforts were not in vain. I’m so proud of you my Taekwoon-ah. Wonshik thought, still giggling from too much happiness.