Immature

Written in Pages

After the movie ended, Taekwoon lifted his head to look at Wonshik. “Wonshik-ah, I’m sorry. Your sleeves are now wet. I didn’t mean too. The movie was just so sad. I’m sorry.” Taekwoon apologized, while still rubbing his eyes, trying to wipe away the tears. “Aigoo. Don’t rub your eyes like that.” Wonshik scolded, grabbing Taekwoon’s hands away to stop the other man from rubbing his eyes. “It’s okay Taek. I know you love animals. It must have been torture for you. If I knew, we shouldn’t have watched that.” Wonshik added, while gently wiping away some remnants of tears from Taekwoon’s cheeks. Taekwoon shook his head in disagreement. “Ani.. It was a really good movie. It’s so beautiful but I can’t help but feel sorry for Hachiko.” Taekwoon defended. “Shh… It’s okay Taek. Ah. Taekwoonie is crying like a baby. Ah.. my poor baby…” Wonshik teased while rubbing the back of Taekwoon to console him. Taekwoon just glared, hating that Wonshik who is more of the crybaby was actually calling him the crybaby. “Hahahaha.. There it is! The infamous i-will-kill-you-so-shut-up-now glare. Hahahaha. Aigoo So cold!.” Wonshik teased more, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. “Yah! I’m never going to watch a movie with you again!” Taekwoon exclaimed. “Okay okay… Sorry sorry.” Wonshik said, trying to sound apologetic, stopping his giggles.

When Wonshik was about to say something again, he suddenly realized that Taekwoon was still leaning close to him. Taekwoon’s breathe almost ghosting over his neck. Wonshik can clearly see the other man’s long eye lashes, Taekwoon’s cat-like eyes, his perfectly sculpted nose, his small pink lips, oh god, that small seductive pink lips. Wonshik gulped at the thought trying his best not to do anything stupid.  He was glad the lights were still off and Taekwoon can’t see the bright red blush on his face. Dammit Wonshik! What are you thinking???!!!! Stop it! Calm your hormones down! Yah! Stop it heart, you piece of ! Stop telling my brain to do something stupid!!! Stop beating like crazy!!! Come on brain!!!! Don’t listen to your heart!!! Think dammit! Think! After a few minutes of scolding himself, Wonshik’s brain suddenly had an idea. “I am going to turn on the lights now.” Wonshik announced with a stern voice, suddenly breaking the silence. Taekwoon slightly laughed at that. “Hahahaha.. You didn’t have to announce it so formally. You can just turn it on without even saying it. You’re so weird. Hahaha.” Taekwoon commented, slightly laughing. Wonshik laughed awkwardly, trying hard to save what’s left of his dignity. Tsk. Bad idea brain. Why did you even think of that. You’re embarrassing me. Wonshik scolded himself mentally again for saying such a ridiculous thing. Wonshik stood up abruptly, then stumbled down after a few steps. Okay. There goes the last piece of my dignity. Rest in peace my dignity. You had such a short miserable life. Again, for the third time, Wonshik scolded himself mentally. “Are you okay Wonshik?” Taekwoon asked worriedly, walking towards the other male. “I’m fine. I just didn’t see the table there. Hahaha.” Wonshik replied, feeling embarrassed.

When the lights were , Taekwoon saw the clock. “Omo! It’s already 11:30 PM. I have to go now Wonshik.” Taekwoon said hurriedly. “Okay. I’ll lend you my scarf and gloves. Wait for me at the entry way. I’ll walk you to the main exit.” Wonshik replied, and ran to his room to get the scarf and the gloves. When he arrived, the other man already had his jacket on and was already putting on his shoes. “Here. Wear this.” Wonshik said while tying his scarf on Taekwoon’s neck. He also handed his gloves to the other male. “Let’s go?” Wonshik asked, putting his outside slippers on. They walked down the stairs since the elevator was too slow. When Taekwoon was about to open the main door, Wonshik tugged on his jacket. “Text me the plate number of the taxi and text me immediately once you’re home safe. Okay? Promise?” Wonshik asked. “Okay. Promise. Make sure to lock your doors okay? Shut your windows properly too. Okay? Promise?” Taekwoon replied. Wonshik nodded. “Okay. Promise.” When Taekwoon opened the door, a cold wind blew towards them. The streets were covered in snow, not even a single vehicle on the road. Both men were dumbfounded. They didn’t even notice that it was snowing this hard. “Looks like you can’t come home today. Just stay on the guest room. Yeah?” Wonshik offered. Taekwoon just nodded in defeat.

Both men returned to the apartment. “You can wash up first while I fix the guest room. You can get your pajamas on my closet. They are on the right side okay?” Wonshik suggested. “Thanks Wonshik.” Taekwoon replied, nodding tiredly. Taekwoon grabbed the pajamas and went straight to the bathroom. After a few minutes, he left the bathroom, a small towel placed on his shoulder. The pajama was a little big on Taekwoon, the first few buttons were unfastened, showing off his creamy white skin and exposing his chest a little. When he entered the guest room, Wonshik was still fixing the bed. “I’m done Wonshik. I can take it from here. You can go and rest now. Thank you.” Taekwoon said gratefully. Wonshik looked up. “Oka…. Oh my god!” Wonshik suddenly exclaimed. “What? What? What is it?” Taekwoon asked in a panic. “I.. ah… I.. ah.. It’s nothing. I just thought I saw a bug. I guess I was wrong. I’ll go to bed then.” Wonshik stuttered and excused himself. When he was inside his bedroom, he slumped down, the strength from his knees finally giving up, his legs felt like jello. His clenched fist placed on his chest. “Aigoo. This is not good for my heart! I almost had a heart attack! What the heck Taek! Why are you showing off so much skin! Are you trying to kill me! My blood almost rushed to my brain! I almost died there! Aigoo. Die you hormones. Die!” Wonshik whispered to himself, trying to calm himself down. But he can’t. He can’t calm down. His brain was in chaos. He tossed himself into the bed and covered himself in a blanket like a little child. He was about to slap his face to wake himself up, when he heard a knock on the wall. “Wonshik?” Taekwoon called out softly. “Yeah?” Wonshik replied. “Good night.” Taekwoon answered softly. “Good night Taekwoon.” Wonshik greeted back. And as if on cue, Wonshik calmed down just from hearing Taekwoon’s soft voice. Both males slept that night peacefully, with a smile on their face.

 

Wonshik woke up by the sound of his alarm. It was already 6:00 in the morning; he had to go to work at 9:00. He went outside of his bedroom, and was greeted with the delicious smell of bacon and eggs. When he went to kitchen, the other male was making breakfast, wearing a cute blue apron around his waist. “Good morning Shik.” Taekwoon greeted. “Good morning.” Wonshik greeted back with a smile on his face. Wonshik grabbed a chair on the kitchen bar counter, staring at the other male. “Do you want a bread toast for breakfast?” Taekwoon asked. “Anything’s fine Taek. Thank you.” Wonshik replied. Taekwoon was busy preparing breakfast while Wonshik was just busy staring. When suddenly, “Ah Taek. Your phone is blinking. I think you have a new message.” Wonshik informed. "Okay. Please read it for me. I’m kinda busy cooking.” Taekwoon called out.

Wonshik opened Taekwoon’s phone, of course he knew the password. Oh it’s a message from Hongbin. What does that man want now. Wonshik thought before opening the message. The message read:

From: Hongbin-hyung

Good morning Taekwoon ☺☺☺ ( Aish! What’s with the three smileys? One smiley is enough. Wonshik thought while reading the message silently). I can’t wait for your presentation later this afternoon! I’m sure it will get approved. \(≧▽≦)/  (Aish! What’s with this crazy emoticon. So annoying. Of course it will get approved.)  Let’s eat lunch together before we go to the office? My treat. ٩(◕‿◕)۶ (Stop using cute emoticons. Stop using Taekwoon’s weakness for cute things against him. Aigoo. I have to up my game as well. I need to research on these cute emoticons. Wonshik noted.)”

“Taek?” Wonshik asked, not yet reading to Taekwoon the message. “Hmmm..” Taekwoon simply answered. “Let’s eat lunch together? I’ll go to your apartment later.” Wonshik suggested. “My apartment is too far from your office Wonshik. You only have an hour for your lunch break. You can’t afford to be late again.” Taekwoon answered, rejecting the other man’s suggestion. “Okay.” Wonshik replied in disappointment. “What does the text say?” Taekwoon asked. Wonshik opened the message again and started reading in a monotone voice “From Hongbin hyung. Good morning Taekwoon. (Aish! I will not mention these weird emoticons. Wonshik decided.) I can’t wait for your presentation later this afternoon. I’m sure it will get approved. Let’s eat lunch together before we go to the office? My treat.”

“Oh okay. Can you reply to him?” Taekwoon requested. “Okay. What will I say?” Wonshik asked, not really interested. “just say okay. And add a smiley at the end. Thanks Wonshik.” Taekwoon said while plating the food he cooked. Wonshik typed in the reply. Why do I have to add a smiley at the end. Tsk. Wonshik thought. It was a short message but he was typing it with so much irritation; “Okay”

Do I really have to add a smiley? Aish! I’ll just type in Ok instead of Okay to make it shorter and I’ll add a few dots before the smiley. I still added a smiley at the end right? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wonshik thought with an evil grin on his face. He deleted his previous message and typed in “Ok………………. :)” Message sent. Wonshik felt like he had won this round. Mentally patting himself on the back.

Once the food was set on the table, they started eating, and talked about random things like the usual. Taekwoon opened his phone to see if there were new replies. He was surprised to see Wonshik's reply to Hongbin. “What’s with the dots Wonshik?” Taekwoon asked confused. “Ah. I just wanted to make it seem longer.” Wonshik made an excuse for himself trying hard to put on a poker face. Taekwoon just nodded, not really minding.

After having breakfast, both men prepared to leave. Wonshik took a bath and had put on his work clothes. While Taekwoon took a short shower after Wonshik, and put on a sweater he borrowed from Wonshik. Both men left the apartment, and went on their separate ways after bidding their farewells.

On the cab on his way to work, Wonshik immediately opened his internet browser on his phone and searched “CUTEST EMOTICONS EVER” in all caps.