Beautiful Liars

Written in Pages

2 months after the proposal….

 

“Babe. Have you seen my black coat? I remember placing them on the closet but it’s not here.” Jaehwan called out to his boyfriend who was sitting comfortably on their living room. “Babe?” Jaehwan called out again but still no answer so he decided to approach the older man. “Babe. Are you reading that again?” Jaehwan slumped down the sofa together with his boyfriend Hakyeon. He suddenly placed his head on the older man’s lap to get his attention. “Oh. Sorry. What were you saying? Sorry babe. I just love Taekwoonie’s new manga. This is sooooo good.” Hakyeon said animatedly, his eyes widened from too much excitement. “I know babe. We’ve read it twice already. You even bought 5 copies of them. You know the story will not change in every copy right?” Jaehwan teased. “Yah! I just want to support Taekwoonie’s first romance manga. “Hakyeon pouted like a cute little child. “Okay okay. I understand babe. I really like Taekwoonie’s manga too.” Jaehwan snuggled closer to the older man while acting cute, like the usual.

“You know babe. We’ve always been hearing Wonshikie’s side of the story about his love for our Taekwoonie and we only know a little about Taekwoonie’s side. But with this manga, I feel like I can see all of Taekwoonie’s feelings for Wonshik. “ Hakyeon uttered while gently running his fingers through Jaehwan’s hair. “Hmm… Taekwoon is Laine and Wonshik is Ravi.” Jaehwan added, believing at his boyfriend’s suggestion too. The manga was beautifully written.  It gives off a vibe that the author actually went through the whole experience. The feelings and emotions it conveyed were so raw and pure that it makes the readers almost believe that they’re peeking into someone’s diary. “Yeah. I think that this manga is actually their story told from Taekwoon’s perspective. It’s amazing right? Reading it is like putting the puzzle pieces together from Wonshik’s story to Taekwoon’s. And having a copy of it feels like I’m actually holding their story in the palm of my hands. Which is like the greatest Wontaek gift the world could ever receive! Our ship is sailing at last Jaehwan. I’m so proud of them babe.”   Hakyeon said while pretending to wipe off happy tears from his eyes. Jaehwan just laughed at his boyfriend’s cute antics. He believed too that the manga was actually Taekwoon and Wonshik’s story and he loved every chapter of it. He even secretly bought 5 more of copies of it and gave it to his friends. “Hmmm…. I know babe. It’s beautiful. But you know what else is beautiful?” Jaehwan suddenly sat up straight and leaned forward to Hakyeon. He placed his finger on Hakyeon’s chin and tilted his head up so they were now face to face. Hakyeon was suddenly surprised by his boyfriend’s gesture. “You. You’re beautiful Hakyeon.” Jaehwan said in a soft voice, an  almost whisper, as he leaned forward even more; closing the space in between them when… “Hyung!” The door busted open, Hongbin was seen panting by the door. “Oh! Sorry for interrupting.” Hongbin said shyly and apologetically. The two males were still stuck in their position. Hakyeon was a little embarrassed while Jaehwan was a little irritated. “But what are you doing this late? You should be dressed by now. I’ve been calling you for hours now.” Hongbin exclaimed. “Your older brother here is just glued to Taekwoonie’s manga. He’s been reading it twice already.” Jaehwan teased while slowly backing out from their previous position. “Yah! Stop teasing me!” Hakyeon pouted again, still defending his right to savor the Wontaek feels that he can’t contain. “I know it’s really good hyung. But we should really be going now. The celebration is about to start. You don’t want Taekwoon to be disappointed do you?” Hongbin replied, trying to talk Hakyeon out to get going already. “Of course not. I want to see my little Taekwoonie now. Let’s go?” Hakyeon asked while looking at his boyfriend and tilting his head cutely. “You’re the only one we’ve been waiting for this whole time babe.” Jaehwan gently rubbed Hakyeon’s head and placed a small peck on Hakyeon’s lips. Hakyeon placed his hand on his lips, his face was flushed red. Hongbin just pretended to be irritated but deep inside he found it cute and sweet. “Yah! You two love birds! Stop rubbing more salt to my wound. I know I’m single stop rubbing it in.” “Oh. I’m sorry little brother. Your hyung is just too beautiful. Jaehwan draped his arm in Hongbin’s shoulder and continued to tease the still blushing older male. “Okay. Enough you two. Let’s go.” Hongbin said nonchalantly.

After a few more cute bickering, the three males left the apartment. Hongbin drove the car, while Hakyeon sat on the passenger seat and Jaehwan at the back. “Hongbinie.” Hakyeon called out cutely to get his younger brother’s attention. “Yes hyung?” Hongbin asked. “You know, I’ve read Taekwoonie’s manga almost three times now but I still don’t get the title.” Hakyeon said while rubbing his chin with his hands as if still pondering on the question. “Yeah. I don’t get it too. I thought it was going to be tragic based on the title. It made me really nervous. Hahaha.” Jaehwan added while slightly laughing when he remembered how nervous the title made him especially on Chapter 9 when Laine confessed to Ravi. “Hmmm… The manga is about two best friends who were afraid to tell each other the truth. Laine was denying her feelings to Ravi while Ravi kept on hiding his feelings for Laine. Laine was afraid to ruin their friendship that is why she denied her own feelings. She pretended that she was satisfied with their relationship but the truth was she had always been in love with the boy. While Ravi kept on hiding his feelings because he was too afraid to loose Laine. He always waited for the right moment, always kept on making excuses for himself but in the end his true feelings showed and he realized that there was really no need for a right moment to confess, all he needed was a little push…. Hmmm… Beautiful Liar. I think that title suits the manga really well don’t you think?” Hongbin explained while smiling gently, his eyes still on the road. “I guess. The truth can be scary. Both of them were afraid to loose each other, fear almost consumed them and it almost made them blind from realizing that ever since the beginning they’ve been holding each other’s hearts. But true love will always find a way right? The two eventually tore down there walls and shattered all the lies.” Hongbin added and slightly smiled at Jaehwan and Hakyeon. Jaehwan and Hakyeon were speechless by the heartfelt explanation Hongbin gave. It answered all their questions and even more. Hakyeon looked at Jaehwan and smiled at him. Jaehwan smiled back and held Hakyeon’s hand tightly. Ah. My Hongbinie is all grown up now. So mature. Aigoo. I’m so proud. Hakyeon thought while giving his brother a bright smile.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at Wonshik’s apartment. The now-officially-a-couple Wonshik and Taekwoon welcomed them. “Jaehwan hyung! Hakyeon hyung! Hongbin hyung! I’m glad you’re here. Thank you!” Taekwoon greeted and bowed at the three. Wonshik bowed at them as well. Wonshik went closer to Hongbin and bowed a few times more in gratitude. Hongbin just smiled and patted Wonshik’s back. Jaehwan immediately locked Taekwoon in his embrace. “Aigoo! Little Taekwoonie is all grown up. I really missed you my hamji.” Jaehwan exclaimed why still hugging the now blushing man tightly. Hakyeon also joined in and hugged both Jaehwan and Taekwoon. They looked like a real family, both the mother and father showering their child with love and praises. Both Hongbin and Wonshik just looked at them and slightly giggled. Wonshik almost wanted to laugh when he saw his boyfriend in distress. Taekwoon looked like he was asking for Wonshik to save him. “Okay now hyungs. Please let my Taekwoon breathe.” He said while clearing his throat and trying hard to suppress his laughter. “OMO! Did I just hear Wonshikie say “My Taekwoon”. OH MY! How possessive.” Hakyeon teased. “Oh my! I heard it too. Possessive indeed! Omo! What a manly little boy.” Jaehwan added in the teasing. Both Taekwoon and Wonshik blushed from the comments. Hongbin just laughed at the two couples. The sassiness sure is beyond crazy when Jaehwan and Hakyeon are together.

“Uhm… Let’s go to the dining room. Other guests are there too.” Wonshik suggested, trying to redirect the attention away from them. “Okay! I heard both your parents are here too! So cute! Aigoo!” Hakyeon added. The 5 males went to the dining room and greeted each one of the guests politely.

Wonshik clanked his glass gently with a fork to get everyone’s attention. “Thank you everyone for being with us in celebrating Taekwoon’s success with his new manga. Thank you for always supporting Taekwoon.” Wonshik said and everyone raised their glasses up to make a toast. “Also… Uhm.. Thank you for supporting our relationship… “ Taekwoon added shyly. Everyone cheered. “Congratulations on finally moving in together!” “Congratulations to the new couple!” “Finally! They’re together at last!” “Take care of each other!” Everyone congratulated the new couple. There were even some hardcore Taekwoon fan boys in the crowd cheering for them while being over protective of their idol. “You better take care of Taekwoon Wonshik, you lucky man!” “You better not make Taekwoon do all the house chores Wonshik!” “Yah Wonshik! Congratulations.  You better not break Taekwoon’s heart!”

At the midst of all the cheers, Wonshik held Taekwoon’s hand tightly and admired the beauty before him. Ah. I’m really in love with this man. Wonshik thought. “I love you Taekwoon. I’m never going to let you go. So be prepared.” Wonshik said while smiling at Taekwoon lovingly. Taekwoon looked at him back and returned the same loving smile. “I love you too Wonshik and I have no intentions of ever letting you go either.”

 

 

Sometimes, when people are secretly in love they are afraid of getting the truth out of them; they are afraid of losing that person they value the most. They decide to hide. They decide to put on a mask. That is what makes them beautiful liars. But no matter how much they deny the truth, love will always find a way out. It’s very frightening, but in the end, it is worth the fear.

 

====================================================

Authors note:

Thank you my dear readers! Thank you for staying with me in this roller coaster of emotions! This is my first fanfic so thank you for all of your support and thank you for being patient with me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

Sorry I wasn’t able to reply to all the comments personally. (>_<)  I was kinda busy with work and got a little carried away with writing. Sorry. And thank you! Thank you for all the comments! Thank you. I really appreciate it. (*^‿^*)

Waaahhh!!! This is making me cry… (ಥ﹏ಥ) Hahahaha… Sorry for the long author’s note. I am also considering writing an extra chapter for Taekwoon and Wonshik’s date as a couple but I don’t think I’m good enough to write it… but I will try... hehehe…

I hope you liked it! Thank you! 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! (≧◡≦) ♡