I'm not giving up on you.

Lost Love (reupload)

    ~JiEun's POV~
 

As we walk into the food court i notice something out of the corner of my eye, "hmm who is he texting now?? hes been on his phone a lot ever since i met him' I try to get a peek at Kyoya phone but I hear my cousin call my name "Yahh!!! Ji Eun-ah~!! pali pali!!" 'aish so impatient' I run over to them and sit in an empty seat 'Ugh.. the only seat and it has to me next to him...' I look over at Taemin and i notice he is wearing sunglasses. 'Weirdo...'  

"So what's your plan for training and school? are you gonna be able to handle both?" Aaron asks me and i nod "Of course oppa!!" He ruffles my hair, "as long as your grades are up, and you get enough sleep then i support you 100%!!" he grins and i shake my head giggling "You sound like umma!!" He looks at me with wide eyes "JiEun... you haven't talked about her since the accident..." I look down at my hands as i think back to the last time we were here.

 

~Flashback~
 

*8 years ago*
 

"JiEunnie!! Taeminnie slow down you too!!! " Mom calls from a few feet behind us but Taemin grabs my hand and drags me into the arcade. "Come on Ji!! Lets go play that!!"He points to a motorcycle racing game. "But oppa there's only one bike that works!!" I look away blushing as he climbs onto the bike. "It's okay!! You can sit behind me!! and I promise you when i'm older I'll drive you anywhere you want!! maybe I'll even have my own motorcycle!" He says while looking at me. I sigh and slide behind him on the games bike wrapping my arms around his waist .

" Arasso oppa!! when we are older we can come back and do this again by ourselves!!" I rested my head on his back and he starts the game, I hear him let out a sigh "I'd like that JiEun.. I really would" I tighten my grip around his waist and I feel my face heat up "JiEun.. When we are older I'm going to be strong enough to protect you from anything and anyone that tries to hurt you!! I'll stay by your side forever! Don't ever forget that!"

 

~End Flashback!
 

Aarons voice snaps me back into reality, "JiEun you spaced out.. are you okay??" I look over at Taemin and then at my cousin "Yeah i'm fine.. i wanna be alone for a little bit.. I'll be back soon" I get up and head towards the one place i haven't visited In a long time., walking around the mall by myself is nice it gives me time to think about my life and the past. I come to the door i was searching for and i push it open. "Man this place hasn't changed a bit!!!" I look around the arcade until my eyes fall on a motorcycle racing game. "Woah.. this thing is still here?" I make my way to it unknowing of the eyes following my every move. I climb onto the bike and another memory comes to mind.
 

~Flashback~
 

"Taeminnie... Did you really mean that??" I ask him after we played a few rounds of pac man.  He turns to me and holds my hand in his. "Of course!! I'm never gonna leave you no matter what!" He smiles at me and giggles a little bit " YAHH!!! pabo don't cry!!" He hugs me tightly and i cry on his shoulder. "Oh thank god there you too are!! I thought i lost you!!" Mom walks over to us and bends down to our height. "Little Taeminnie you shouldn't run off like that without telling me! I was worried!! Same with you JiEun!" She scolds the both of us. Taemin looks up at my mom "Don't worry umma!! JiEunnie is safe with me!"

Umma ruffles his hair and smiles "Is that so? You think you're a big boy now huh??" Taemin nods and wraps his arms around my shoulders. "neh!! I am!! and when we grow up I'm going to protect her!! even if i have to marry her!" He says boldly. My eyes go wide and i blush  and hide my face. "Well i would definitely approve! I'll hold you to your word Taeminnie!" He chuckles at umma's words and hugs me tighter.

 

~End Flashback~
 

I wipe the tears away and then i think to myself 'When did i start crying?' I feel arms wrap around me and i jump a little bit. Looking at the person that has hugged me i gasp "What are you doing here?" I ask my voice unsteady. "I didn't think you remembered this place.. I come here after school almost every day thinking about how i screwed up... I'm sorry I hurt you" His arms tighten around me and tears build up in my eyes "T-Taemin.. i.."

He finally looks at me and I break down. "I remember the day umma took us here and we play this very same game and pac man too. "He puts his chin on the top of my head and takes an unsteady breath before continuing. "You have no idea how much I think back to that day.. I meant what i told your mom... I want to protect you... I really do.. but how can i protect you if I keep hurting you... I... I'm sorry.. and i meant what i told her when i said i would marry you... " I look up at him with wide eyes .

"JiEun I mean it when i say this.. " He pulls away and puts his hands on my shoulders looking me straight in the eyes…

 

"I Love you.. and I'm not giving up on you."