01..

Deadly Sacrifices (Not Continuing)

          01...

 

Lee Haesoo , Soo , was in her early twenties. She lived in a small cottage with her parents and her older sister , Lee Haemin , Min. They started off with poor life. Her parents worked as farmers to earn some livings for their family to survive. She and her sister never complained the poor life they were born with. They would helped out with their parents at the barn , feeding pigs , cows and horses or even cleaning their poops. Haesoo and Haemin both have the beauty plastered on their faces but Haemin would get more attention from the boys. People from rich backgrounds would do anything to marry the sisters but both of them rejected them. 

 

 

Villagers warned the girls to be aware of the vampires lurking around every night , looking for fresh bloods. The girls took the advices lightly because they lived quite far from the main town. The main town is never a happy place for them to be. Aristocrats ruled the small town and everyday they would forced girls to entertain them and threatened them if they don't fulfilled their desires. It was a dark and dangerous places for girls and women to be at the main town.

 

 

But who would have thought that the sisters' fate had been written?

 

The morning welcomed the Lee's family. The family got off from their bed and got ready to start their day as usual. Mrs Lee started off by preparing the breakfast for them to start off. The dining table was filled with warm soups and breads as usual how the family started off. Mr Lee joined the table and waited for his 2 lovable daughters to be running down the small stairs for breakfast.

 

"Yah! Soo yahh! Wake up!" Soo groaned and rolled over her hay filled bed , snuggling deeper into the warmth. Haemin shook her head and started pinching Soo's cheeks. Soo groaned in pain and finally sat up. "I'm up! I'm up!" Haemin chuckled and ruffled her sister's bed hair. "Come on. Mother and father are waiting." Soo got off from the bed and did her morning routines. "Soo ahh. You're on poop duty today!" Her father shouted from the dining table. The others laughed and Soo groaned. "This is not fair , father!"

 

Haesoo finished her morning routine and quickly ran down the small stairs and pouted when she saw Haemin already at the table , laughing at her for doing poop duty today. Haesoo shook her head and smiled. She sat beside her sister and punched softly at Haemin's shoulders. The family finally ate the breakfast with never ending chatters and laughters. It was almost a daily routine for the family to chat and laugh at the table. Once breakfast was over , of course they had to start their duty especially Haesoo who groaned when she stood in front of the chicken's coop.

 

Haemin walked past her and laughed. "Goodluck cleaning the coop , Soo." Haesoo glared at her sister's joke and released the deep breath before going into the smelly and dirty coop. They worked until the sun was at its hottest situations. They decided to take some rest and have some snacks before continuing the jobs. Haemin laughed out loud when Haesoo walked towards them with dirty clothes and chicken's feathers on her hair. It was a mess. Haesoo pouted but Father was there to compliment for her hard work.

 

"I will have to go to the main town for a while." Father said and everyone's laughter died down. "But Father.." Haemin felt worried. "I know it's a dangerous place to go but I will be back as soon as possible. It won't be long." Father gave them a reasurring smile before taking his straw hat and his horse down to the main town. They stood there , watching the only man in the family slowly making his way to the main town. Mother was worried about Father's journey to the main town and the sisters were worried too. The sisters helped their mother into the house to wait for Father to safely return home. 

 

Father finally reached the main town. His eyes widened at the disaster in town. It was dirty , covered in dirt and people are living poorly there. Father came down from his horse and slowly guided his horse into the main town. There were guards drinking and having the best of their time at the bar. Father could see the fear written all over the villagers' face. He gulped when he saw one of the drunk guards eyeing him. He pulled his hoodie closer to his face and walked to one of his closest friend's store for some necessities. 

 

He knocked on the wooden door and his old friend welcomed him into the house. "Hello , my old friend. How have you been?" Father smiled and hugged his old friend. "I'm here for some vegetables seeds and maybe some rice to offer." His old friend lowered his head and sighed. "My old friend.. We are running out of supplies to even feed one person.. It's getting worse with all the guards snatching and stealing our food and valuables." Father felt pitied for his old friend and comforted him. "But this is all I could offer , my old friend." Father was happy to have his closest friend to help. He thanked his old friend and stayed for a while to have a chat.

 

"My old friend.. You should stop coming to town.. This place is really dangerous and I don't want you and your family to get involved. Father smiled pitifully and comforted his friend. "I understand. Thank you for helping me." His old friend smiled and patted Father's shoulders. "My time is running out. My health is not helping at all. Stop coming to this town and live happily with your family." Father sighed and nodded. He gave his old friend one last hug before leaving the house. His friend bid him goodbye as Father climbed on his horse and waved back at his friend. 

 

When Father was making his way to the exit of the town , he was stopped by the guards. The horse neighed and jumped , causing Father to fall from the horse. His belongings fell out from his bag and he was panicking. The guards surrounded Father and the horse , stopping his actions. Then , 2 aristocrats came out from the shadow and stood in front of Father. One of them picked the pictures that was laying on the ground. He smirked as he realised it was a family photo. Father lowered his head and maintained his position on the ground , hoping they would not do anything to him.

 

"You sure have lovely daughters." One of the aristocrats said and Father widened his eyes in shocked. He gulped and bowed. "Thank you , Your Highness.." The silver haired aristocrat then bent down to Father's eye level and smirked. "I want one of them to be my wife.." Father's body shook and his eyes widened. "P-Please..M-My d-daughters are innocent.." They were not satisfied by Father's reply. He clicked his fingers and the guards started to grab Father and raised him up , leaving a few feets below the ground. Father was scared to death. "I guess we have to use the hard way ehh?" He smirked and Father gulped. "If you chose not to give us your daughters , I guess burning down the house , destroy everything you had and snatched your daughters by force would be the best answers to the solutions , am I right Kihyun?" Kihyun smirked.

 

Father stuttered and begged the aristocrats to let go of his family. "Or we can have the easy way , old man.." Father waited for them to continued , hoping the solution would be more easier. "Give us your daughters , you will get the twice the amount of money for you and your wife.. and if you chose not to , don't blame us for using the harsh way.." Father sobbed and felt hopeless. He hesitated but nodded. The aristocrats were satified by the answer and the guards placed him down to the ground as they walked away. Father cried on the ground as he can't believed that he had to give his daughters up. He quickly mounted his horse and galloped back home to bring the sad news to his family.