May 15th, 1991

One Day

May 15th, 1991

Baekhyun came back to Seoul and he flew right away to Jieun’s workplace. Jieun was really glad that she could meet him after such a long time, but he wasn’t alone though. Typical player who would actually brought different girl every day. And about Chanyeol? Well, yes he knew a lot about Baekhyun from Jieun’s story. She couldn’t help but blabbered about Baekhyun.

“Golden boy wants to see you.”

“Hmmm?”

“He’s got a new one.” Chanyeol grinned as Jieun threw customer’s bill carelessly to him.

While on the other hand, Baekhyun was busy kissing his girlfriend in front of many people. He was always that way, being all careless with his surrounded and enjoyed himself. Jieun envied him, how she wished that she could do that too, being careless yet she couldn’t. She was always being the awkward one.

“We were just kissing.”

“You were trying to fit her entire head in your mouth. And what does she see in you, anyway?

“Well, she said I’m complicated,” He chuckled. “You just spoiled, and anyway I got offered from manager today.” She sighed.

“I think you should take a bottle of beer, I think you should walk out the door, and I don’t think you need to ever come back.”

Jieun contemplated between wanted to leave her boring job or accepted this offer because she could earn more money. Baekhyun was always confronted her to leave her job because he knew that Jieun wasn’t actually enjoyed it or even happy about her job. Jieun was a free-soul-person yet she chose to conceal it to herself.

“Look, I thought you were writing poetry.”

“What, go where the money is? Tried that. Failed.”

“You just can’t see it, can you? Look, you’re funny, attractive, smart. I mean you’re the smartest person I know, and you’re y.”

“What?”

“Ji, listen. If I could just give you one gift, alright one gift for the rest of your life, do you know what’d I give you?” He paused and looked at her, “Confidence. It’s either that or a scented candle.” He caressed her cheek then kissed her head lovingly. He then pulled her into his embrace which she gladly accepted because she liked it, yes, Jieun liked Baekhyun’s hug. Chanyeol came to say good night to Jieun but his face was just so dark because of Baekhyun’s presence there.

“I should go, too. I’ll be fine. I just feel a bit lost. That’s all.”

“Come on, everyone lost at 25.”

“You’re not,” as she poured beer and handed it to Baekhyun, “Trainee TV producer. Nice flat. CD player. Group Tuesdays and Fridays.”

“Yeah you know, but I’m crying inside. You know what you need, do you? You need a holiday.”