May 15th, 2007

One Day

After Jieun’s death, Baekhyun seemed to look for escaping way. He would go to the club just like he used to be when he was young, but this time was different. He went to the club and started to drink overly and looked for some random girls to sleep with. At some point, he was too broken to be fixed. He started a fight to unleash his emotion but ended up collapsed with some scar all over his face.

“Herin, are you alright? Go and get dressed.”

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon…”

“Baekhyun?”

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon, I screwed up…I screwed up.”

“It’s alright. You’re alright.”

“No, I screwed up.”

“Come on, let’s get you up. Come on.”

“I’m so sorry. I screwed up.”

“Come on, Baek. You poor thing. Oh God, Baekhyun.”

It was Saturday morning, Herin and Taeyeon came to visit Baekhyun. Herin found her dad slept on the floor, blood all over his face. She screamed and Taeyeon rushed to check, she was surprised. Baekhyun was really a mess to the point that really pathetic. She brought him to his father’s home, Herin didn’t want to touch her dad, she felt disappointed and disgusted. Baekhyun held his tears, his world was literally ended. He was asleep, very soundly at his childhood room; the sunset woke him up through his window, his wounded cheeks were throbbing quite painful. The living room was quite dark with only television’s light. Baekhyun and his father sat in front of the TV with their homemade cream soup, it was rather quiet and awkward with the assertive topic his dad brought to at least cheer up his son.

“So this is going to be an annual festival, do you think? Every year of 15th May?”

“Well, I hope not.”

“I don’t want a heart-to-heart. Do you?”

“No, no. I’d rather not.”

“Except to say, that the best thing you could do would be try to live your life as if Jieun was still here. Don’t you?”

“I don’t know if I can.”

“Of course you can. What do you think I’ve been doing for the past 10 years?”

Mr. Byun’s eyes still fixed on the TV as he said those comforting words; his voice was shaking because of the pain of losing Mrs. Byun was still there. Baekhyun, on the other hands, was quite surprised with his father’s statement, he held his tears, and it felt like he just got hit on the chest, sore. He didn’t even know that his father was in a long pain, he knew how it felt, and he knew what his father felt.