May 15th, 1999

One Day

A year passed, Baekhyun managed to live up his life again from so called zero point. He had healed and met Taeyeon. They met when both of them work in the same company before Baekhyun moved to explore his knowledge. He was rather nervous because he wanted to propose Taeyeon, her parents had asked her to bring Baekhyun home to join family dinner. It was quite fun and rather awkward when her mum asked him about his presenting career; Taeyeon’s mum wasn’t really liked Baekhyun’s program because she thought that it was too rude for kids and teenagers or basically for all. To ease the awkward atmosphere, her mum asked him to join their family-game-tradition which called “Are you there Moriarty?” This game included blindfold and rolled thick magazine to smash the other’s head. Baekhyun played with Taeyeon’s brother and he got smacked several times, Taeyeon wanted to comfort him because her family was quite too much on him. She volunteered herself and play, her nose was bleeding in a blink of eye because Baekhyun unintentionally smack her face rather too hard.

 “Good God, man! What the hell do you think you’re doing? The table was from Italy.”

“I’m so sorry. I must have just caught her at a funny angle there.”

“You didn’t even ask if she was there, Moriarty.”

“I know, I know. I’m so sorry. Look, I don’t know what I was thinking.”

The circumstance became chaotic because Taeyeon quite dramatizing the blood of her nose plus her mom who kept screaming loudly. Baekhyun felt so bad and guilty, he just got another minus “mark” on him with this kind of stupidity.

Jieun looked surprised when she got on her flat, there was half-drunken Chanyeol sat on her couch. The room was totally messy with all of Jieun’s things; she snorted and looked at Chanyeol lazily. They had separated since two weeks ago because the more Jieun wanted to stay the more guilty she felt toward Chanyeol, plus this guy became quite annoying lately.

“Serves me right for not changing the lock. Looking good, Chan.”

“You can get stuffed, Ji.”

“Is that from your act?”

“No, though I have got this new thing I’ve been working on.”

“God.”

“I come on, and I say, “Here’s a funny story. You’ll like this-“

“Chan-“

“There’s this guy, and he’s going out with this girl, and he worships her, and they buy this flat together, and then he gets her an engagement ring, the lot. And it turns out that she is still in love with her bestfriend.”

Chanyeol was completely drunk, Jieun could only rolled her eyes several times while listening to him, blabbering some s. She didn’t know since when Chanyeol became this annoying and always dramatizing thing like this.

“Interesting theory, Chan, except I haven’t seen Baekhyun for ages.”

“No? That’s not the reason. Do you know how he found out about it? He read it in her poetry.”

“You bastard! Give it back to me!”

Jieun was totally mad to Chanyeol to the point that she wanted to kill him at time because he read her diary. She tried to grab her diary back but failed because height issue while on the other hand Chanyeol kept memorizing the lines which she wrote for Baekhyun.

“Our graduation night.”

“The intensity of the shared bed.”

“The magic week in France.”    

“If you ever, ever, come here again I will call the police!”

“Call the bloody police! This is my flat too!”

“Is it? I paid the mortgage! You just sat farting around and watching the bloody lame gag show!”

“You love that show.”

“I hate that!”

A moment later, they both sat on the balcony; Jieun was blankly stared at her wine glass while Chanyeol mindlessly stared at the sky, cleaning his specs with the hem of his shirt. The felt funny after that lame quarreling.

“It’s a good job, we didn’t get married. I’m sorry about going through all your stuff. I’ve just been a bit mad recently, that’s all.”

“It’s alright.”

“I miss you.”

“I know you do.”

“Like, right here,” He touched his chest, “Either that, or it’s trapped wind. I’m not sure.”

“Either way, it’ll pass.”

“It’s good anyway. Not the poems, the poems are awful, but the rest of the stuff, the stories. You’re funny. Proper funny, not like me.”

“Chan-“

“No, I’m just saying that you should show them to someone, because you’re better than you know.”

Jieun touched by Chanyeol’s words, despite his randomness, he could say something touching to her. Guilt crept back to Jieun chest by how she treated Chanyeol half-heartedly back then up until this time. She tried, it wasn’t like she hates him, she just felt nothing to him. Chanyeol was a good mind with strange and corny personalities but that made him different. After saying that, the tall guy just left, pretending to hit his on the door in order to make Jieun smiled, she did and he left.