May 15th, 1988

One Day

It was 6 A.M when the group of students just back from their graduation “party” ceremony.  The sunshine was hiding behind the dark cloud along with rigid wind yet those students were ignorant and still fooling around to each other, some were drunk and some were not. Byun Baekhyun, the hottest player in the campus were drunk enough to walk properly along with Joonmyun.

“Three years already! Me and you. We’ll see each other again, right?” Said Joonmyun.

“The lads. Yeah of course. We will.” Baekhyun then hugged him.

As those two drunker acted really weird, two girls behind them just cringed but still Jinri come and joined them. She gladly did that drunk-hug to those boys before Joonmyun dragged her away and kissed her lips passionately. Baekhyun stepped back unsteadily while holding his wine bottle, the girl beside him shouted lightly.

“Oh come on Jinri, it’s time to go home.” Said her.

“Joonmyun, man! Come on.” He kicked his hat toward them.

She chuckled, their eyes met and Baekhyun took a step closer to her.

“You know, we’ve never actually met.”

“Actually we have. Several times.”

“Have we?”

“You gatecrashed my birthday party, call me Jiyeon and spilled red wine on my top.”

“Ouch, well I’m sorry about that.”

“No, no not at all. Actually you’re delightful.”

“Am I?”

“Of course not.”

“Look if you aren’t Jiyeon….”

“Jieun. Lee Jieun.”

That was their very first interaction after all these years in the same college. Lee Jieun was the awkward, smart, introvert, careless, and less-confident girl who were a bit invincible to others. While Byun Baekhyun was the popular flirty boy who had lots of friend and girls were all crazy about him. He was the real player who would actually sleep with different girl every night. At that night when he offered to walk Jieun home which she also gladly accepted since Jinri was busy making out with Joonmyun. Without any warning he kissed Jieun when they just arrived in her apartment. The kiss was passionate and full of heat and Jieun blushed red. Baekhyun ed his shirt and threw his pants somewhere while Jieun was all left with her sleep gown.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to brush my teeth.  It won’t take long. Wait a minute.”

Baekhyun was on her bed already, frowned. Jieun was very nervous because it was her very first time and she was going to have with a pro player. When she came back from toilets, Baekhyun was already on his pants about to go.

“Oh you’re leaving?”

“Oh- uh- well, it’s getting light out. I thought I could just…”

“You should go, if you want to go.”

He then suddenly filled with guilt then contemplated with himself whether he should stay and continued this or just left. But then he stayed, climbed onto her bed and patted the empty spot beside him to ask Jieun on. Jieun was all embarrassed and said that it was okay if he left, she was inexperienced after all and she just didn’t want to ruin everything.

“I’m sorry, I’m no good at this. You know whenever I off to bed with someone…it’ll turn out laughing or weeping.”

“It’s alright.” He caressed her bare shoulder, “Maybe we can be friends.”

“Okay, well- friends.” She then climbed onto her bed, he snuggled closer to her. They shared about anything, Baekhyun’s poems with weird rhymes.

“But Baek, if it doesn’t rain…do you want to do something? Me and you?”

“Mhmm-mmh.” He replied and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

They fell asleep, together. Skin to skin without any further action. The birds were chirping when she opened her eyes, she couldn’t find him. He left a small note beside her bed. She chuckled. Well, friends. Not that bad actually.

“I’m sorry, I should go. Gotta meet Mum. Let’s see each other again, Ji.” – Baek